Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why You Wanna?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

Why You Wanna? Empty
PostSubject: Why You Wanna?   Why You Wanna? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Helloooo, this is just a tiny song fic thing. But for some reason it irritates me, putting the lyrics at parts throughout the fic so imma just leave them here. >< This sort of sucks, Sorryyy. Razz

Out of all of the places in this little town
Yeah, you had to come walking in here and sit down
I'm hiding and hoping my face ain't too red
Since we been over, been trying like crazy to get you out of my head

So-o-o
Why you wanna
Show up in a old t-shirt that I love
Why you gotta tell me that I'm looking good
Don't know what
You were thinkin'
You were doing
Moving in for a hug
Like you don't know I'm coming unglued
Why you gotta
Why you wanna
Make me keep wanting you

I wish you had on sunglasses to cover up those blue eyes
I wish you said something mean to make me glad that you said goodbye
Why can't you look off somewhere if you catch me staring at you
Why can't you be cold like any old good ex would do

So-o-o
Why you wanna
Don't know what
You were thinkin'
You were doing
Moving in for a hug
Why you gotta
Why you wanna
Make me keep wanting you
Keep wanting you

Why
Why
Why
Would you tell me that you call me up sometime?
Maybe we can get a drink and just catch up
Like that'd be enough
No, that ain't enough

Why you gotta
Don't know what
You were thinkin'
You were doing
Moving in for a hug
Why you gotta
Why you wanna
Make me keep wanting you

Why you gotta
Why you wanna
Make me keep wanting you

Why you gotta
Why you wanna
Make me keep wanting you

Out of all of the places
In this little town
Yeah, you had to come walking in here and sit down

Brynn sighed as he looked down at his hot chocolate, stirring his spoon through the liquid. It was nearly Christmas time and although he’d used to love this time of year, he couldn’t stand it. Christmas meant a gettogether and that meant seeing Briley. And that was simply something he was not ready for.
Not at all.
Not to mention all the memories this was bringing back. It all seemed so far away… Just last year, he’d spent practically all of December in Briley’s arms, his bed, just in his presence. It’d been the best moments of his life. They’d been together for a year… And it hurt knowing that Briley had been suffering through all those little moments Brynn had cherished. Just the thought of seeing Briley again had his stomach churning.
He glanced around at the small coffee shop he was sitting in, curled in a booth in the very back corner. He was bundled up tight in all his winter clothing to keep out the cold of course, but also because it made him feel comfortable, like he was keeping out not only the cold, but other people.
Suddenly, a chill came over the entire shop. Brynn glanced up to see the door swinging shut, a boy stepping in the front door. Brynn thought nothing more of it, lowering his head again. But as the wind hit him in his little corner, so did something else. A scent. The scent of a man’s cologne, a smell he’d recognize anywhere. Briley.
He did a double glance, nearly giving himself whiplash as he snapped his head back up to glance at the man. And there he stood. Briley Riley, in all his glory.
It’d been nearly three months and still, the sight of him had Brynn swallowing back bile in his throat.
Brynn considered making a run for it, dashing out of the store right now. But that would make a scene. Briley would definitely spot him. Maybe, Briley had just stopped in to grab something warm to drink and he’d be leaving now…
But sadly, luck was against him. He cursed as Briley bought a cup of coffee, looking around for an empty table.
Brynn tugged his scarf up over his mouth, sinking down lower in his seat, praying Briley wouldn’t notice hi-
“Brynn?”
Fuck.
Brynn glanced up and plastered on a smile, his stomach doing a backflip at Briley’s own grin as he made his way over, sliding in the seat across from Brynn.
“Oh hey Briley! Didn’t see you.” Brynn nodded, examining his former lover.
Even though it was freezing outside, Briley wore nothing but a pair of jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. The sweatshirt that Brynn used to wear everywhere… It had been his favorite so Briley always let him wear it when he was cold.
“How’ve you been?” Briley raised an eyebrow, sipping his drink. “You look good. Still workin’ out?” He asked, a smile on his handsome features.
“Course.” Brynn nodded, hoping his face wasn’t as hot as he felt it was. He didn’t want to have a conversation with the last person he wanted to see right now… “I’ve been alright. You?”
“Awesome, man. Christmas is the best time of year. Thinkin’ dad’s getting me a new weight lifting set. You gotta come over and break it in with me then.” He said, oblivious to how Brynn was becoming progressively more and more uncomfortable.
“Totally…” Brynn smiled feebly, staring into Briley’s big brown eyes. God, those eyes…
“You alright?” Briley questioned, reaching out and placing his hand atop Brynn’s.
“Fine.” Brynn grinned, chills running up his spine as Briley touched him.
Damnit, couldn’t Briley be an asshole like he’d been when they first met? He couldn’t make some comment about Brynn liking saggy balls and then laugh and walk away?
Or even better, couldn’t he just be cold towards Brynn? Couldn’t he just hate his guts like a normal ex-boyfriend would? Did he have to be sweet and make Brynn miss him even more?
It was driving Brynn crazy. He’d give anything to be back in Briley’s arms again…
Brynn was drawn out of his thoughts by another gust of cold air as the door opened again.
Cove stepped in, a smaller boy by his side that Brynn then recognized as Leon.
“Oh, I’m gonna be leaving then.” Briley nodded as he stood up at seeing his friend.
“Alright, goodbye.” Brynn watched as Briley hovered beside him, looking expectant.
“You think I’m gonna leave without a hug?” Briley chuckled.
Brynn reluctantly stood, letting Briley embrace him. He hated this but at the same time, he longed for it. He never wanted to let go… He let Briley’s warmth envelope him, inhaling deeply to remember the scent of that cologne…
“Call me sometime, alright? We gotta get a drink or something. Catch up.” Briley flashed a brilliant smile, making Brynn swoon.
“Yeah…” He managed a light smirk as he watched Briley head off with Cove and Leon.
What the hell was Briley thinking, coming in here like that, opening the wound in Brynn’s heart all over again? Suddenly his heartbreak was fresh again, like the very moment he’d heard Cove saying it was all just a dare.
Why did Briley just have to make Brynn keep loving him?
Back to top Go down

Why You Wanna?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Art Works :: Ficlets-
Jump to: