Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Could Not Ask For More

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 am

Misery wasnt so sure about this, but he was not going to change for anyone.
Well....He thought as he consciously straightened his tie.
Maybe for Carter...Maybe he could try for tonight.
He let the man put him in the car, he buckled himself up. And they drove off, Misery's stomach already in knots.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Carter drove them to an extravagant looking building where the dinner was being held. He parked the car and then looked at Misery, thinking of things the boy should know.
"Alright, my parents... call them Mr and Mrs Kensington for now at least. They might tell you to call them by their first names once they get to know you better. We're going to eat at the banquet hall first and then go to the ball room. Don't kiss me on the lips during the dinner, you can when we're dancing. My parents think it's rude." He shrugged. "Um, yeah. I think you should be fine." He smiled softly, nodding his head.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Misery gazed at the building a moment before giving his attention over to Carter, his face drawn in a look of irritation.
"Its ridiculous when I have to pretend to be someone im not just to meet my boyfriends parents." Misery complained warily, though he forced a smile for Carter. He understood he had to make a good impression for his lover. Still though, he was pregnant and he had a right to complain.
And not kissing Carter while he was eating...
That was a habit he had. Since being with the man he didnt think he had sat through a meal without kissing Carter, mostly because he was always eating it seemed and he liked kissing his lover.
He wasnt even inside and this already sounded like it was going to blow.
"Fine, fine. I think I can handle it." He would try his hardest for his lover, though he was nervous. Not to embarrassed himself, or Carter's parents, but simply because he didnt want to bring shame on Carter.
He loved him.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

"I'm sorry Misery." Carter whined softly at his lover as he got out of the car, walking around to open Misery's door. "Just a few hours.." He slipped an arm around the boy's waist, leading him inside.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Misery subconsciously leaned onto his lover as they entered the extravagant home.
He tried to go over everything Carter had said, his nose scrunched up lightly as he ran everything through his head.
Inside the large dining room, Carter's parents could be seen talking to a group of people. Everyone was dressed much like Carter was on a daily bases. Women in fine dressed and men in name brand suits.
One Carter's mother caught site of her son, she smiled happily, excusing herself with a courtesy before stepping off to see the pair.
"Oh Carter, hey baby!" She reached out, moving gracefully as she pulled Carter into his arms for a hug. Leaning back she looked Misery over, a disproving glint in her eye.
"You do know, this is a white tie event?" Of course they would only have most formal dress code in Western fashion. Misery in his golden tie and black shirt did not meet the required standards of black or midnight blue dress coat with silk facings, which were mandatorily horizontally cut-away at the front. He did not wear trousers of matching fabric with one wide or two narrow strips of braid down the side seams like every other man. Or his White plain stiff-fronted cotton shirt, with the white stiff wing collar, which should always be worn with the detachable white bow tie. It should be finished off with a white low-cut waistcoat, and for his feet he should be wearing black silk socks and black Oxfords.
Compared to her son and the rest of the attending guests, he looked slovenly.
Misery was immediately put off. Not even a hello and the women was already questioning how he was dressed.
"Uhm..." He glanced over to Carter, his eye brows drawn together. "No, I guess not."
"Well," She smiled to her son, glancing back at Misery as if the boy wasnt worth her time. "If you did intend to come you should have checked the dress requirements. Now you look..." She paused, he nose high as she spoke. "Different, and their is nothing we can do about it! Honestly, I would expect better out of someone who was having the honor of being with my boy."
It was difficult for Misery to keep his mouth closed but he managed, simply nodding.
"I know. Sorry."
For Carter.....He could do this.
He already felt his muscles tensing as the women stressed him over something as simple as his clothes.
"I know you are." The women turned her sites back to her son. "You look lovely Carter!"
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:19 am

Carter frowned as he listened to his mother nag his lover.
"Mom, he's dressed FINE." Carter smiled lightly, pressing Misery slightly closer to his side. "And he knew the dress code, I wanted him to dress like this. I asked him too." He covered for the boy. "He IS different, he's unique so I wanted him to stand out. I want to show him off." He shot his mother a smile along with that innocent, sweet look in his eyes he'd always used when he was younger to get her to stop nagging him.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 am

"Alright, alright, but Carter dear you know that tonight is not the night for people here to stand out. If we dont get our deal, mommy is going to be very upset." The women sighed softly at her son, but seemed to let it go for the moment. Though she did wonder in the back of her mind just what her son could possibly have to show off when it came to that Miserable looking boy beside him.
"Well Darling, its about time for us to retire to the dining hall." She quipped, watching her husband as he smiled with ease, talking to the man they were trying to cut a deal with.
While she was watching him, Misery pulled Carter down as if he were about to comment on how rude the women was but he only kissed Carter's cheek.
He was going to try to hold his tongue....
Even though by now he wanted to just smash the women.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 am

Carter flashed Misery a nervous smile, his eyes apologetic at his lover as he squeezed his hand, leading him forth to the dining hall when his mother headed off as well.
"Sorry..." He whispered softly to the boy so no one else heard, giving his hand a comforting squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 am

"Yeah, yeah..." Misery grumbled under his breath, his eyes strut ahead as he strut proudly beside Carter, quite fine with how he was dressed.
Carter's mother made sure to save a seat open beside her, though she hoped Misery would sit somewhere else, for she was also sitting beside a few business associates and she truly hoped that they would not see the slob her son had brought over.
"Carter, why dont you sit here beside me...And your date could maybe sit..." He glanced around, pointing at a spot at the far end of the table. "Right down there." She smiled politely as if she was just being nice, though really she was embarrassed of the boy herself.
"Why cant I sit here?" He gestured to the seat on the other side of Carter.
"Because...His father will be sitting there!"
"Oh.Why cant he sit down there with me then."
The boy raised an elegant brow, obviously irate at the questions.
"Because he needs to be with me and his father so he can meet our partners!"
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 am

Carter sighed softly, but he knew better than to make a scene, especially in front of his parent's business associates unless he wanted his mother to nag his ear off for hours later.
"Well mom, I'm sure dad would much rather sit near Mr. Logan." Carter smiled politely. He knew how to work people. He'd learned from the best, his mother. He turned to Mr. Logan, the man his parents were trying to make the deal with. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. Carter Kensington." Carter shook the man's hand firmly. "My father sure seemed to be talking your ear off so I wouldn't want to make him stop." Carter chuckled softly.
"Oh, of course, I was just telling him the story of the time..." Carter zoned out as the man continued on. These people were so uptight, he had no clue how he'd dealt with this his whole life. He spoke again when the man finished.
"Well then it's set. Dad will sit by Mr. Logan and I'll sit with you and Misery." He grinned at his mother, moving around ti pull out a seat for Misery.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 am

"Misery?" His mother seem blow away, her eyes darting around the room at all of her associates. "What kind of name is that?" She whispered in Carter's ear as she sat down. "Does he have a last name?" The women peered over Cater to Misery was had just plopped down in his chair and immediately leaned back, chewing his nails as he looked around at the people.
Total disgrace.
"And did he even bother to brush his hair?" The women continued to quiz her son, astounded by the wild main of hair around the small boy.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:16 pm

"Yes, mom. His name is Misery Braxton." He murmured back at his mother. "I like his hair. I love him, mom." Carter sighed. "Just give him a chance, please?"
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 pm

"I...Carter he is weird! I can tell you that and I have yet to talk to the boy." She did not like him, could not like him. He would never be good enough for her son, and not just because no one could be, just because he was trash, while her Carter was a prize. "And can you find something else to call him? I would hate to introduce him to Mister Logan as 'Misery', that does not leave a good impression." The women continued on as Misery hunched over the table and rested his cheek in his hand, the other hand moving to fiddle with the silver ware.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Carter frowned as his mother spoke.
"There's nothing wrong with him momma, really. He's good to me. He's just not used to this sort of thing like I am." He glanced over at his lover, thinking of something appropriate his family could call him
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 pm

"Son." Mrs Kensington began, resting her hand on her sons arm. "Did he ever give you real name to call him? I know that his name can not really be 'Misery." The women shook his head in disapproval as Misery moved to huff on a spoon and try to stick it to his nose.
"Carter!" The women hissed in her sons ear. "Get him!"
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Carter, although holding back laughter, gently took hold of Misery's arm. "Babe." He snickered. "Put the spoon down, please." He smirked softly, an arm wrapping around the boy's waist.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Misery gave a small whine, moving to poke Carter with the utensil instead.
"Oh I hope he isnt going to eat with that..." His mother scoffed behind him.
"Carter, im bored." Misery complained to his lover, leaning into him. "Your not entertaining me enough!"
"And whyb should he?" Carter's mother griped at the boy. "And what is your real name?"
"Huh?" Misery raised a brow at her, looking to Carter. "My name is Misery."
"Your REAL name child. Not Misery, that cannot be a name for a person. Not a legitimate one anyways."
"Uh...." The small boy was getting obviously aggravated.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:58 pm

"Momma it is his real name. His name is Misery." At least Misery hadn't told him otherwise if it wasn't. He gripped Misery's hand tightly, needing to calm the boy down before he got out of hand. "
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

"I have a better name for him. Rifiuti." She smiled sweetly at Misery as if it had been a compliment. She spoke in Italian, though she did it quietly. She didnt want her partners to hear her and she was certain the boy couldnt speak a different language. He probably just barely knows English.
But Misery understood. Trever had learned how to speak Italian just to talk to a few b*tches he had that didnt understand English.
"Excuse me Lady but-..."
He looked at Carter his jaw clenched as he tried to hold himself.
"I am not trash..." He added softly, maybe if he was nice enough about it she would stop.
"Of course, Rifiuti."

Last edited by Misery Braxton on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:45 pm

"Mother!" Carter snapped at her in a light whisper. He knew better than to cuase a scene but still, he didn't want her talking to Misery like that... "You can call him Misery. It's his name."
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 am

"Well!" She persisted, "I do not want to tell mister Logan your dating Misery!"
She didnt want Carter seen with that boy period.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 am

"Then I'll tell him myself." Carter smiled sweetly, still trying not to draw attention to their arguement.
Back to top Go down
Junious McGuire

Junious McGuire

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm

"You'll do no such thing.". The womens voice was silken and smoothe, her smile all but fake. "Call him something that is not so dreadful! And please have him behave.". She motioned to the spoon the boy had been playing with.
Back to top Go down
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

"Mom." Carter groaned softly but he did turn to Misery. "Babe, is there something else I can call you?" He sighed at his lover.
Back to top Go down
Misery Braxton

Misery Braxton

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

"You can call me by my name." Misery's voice was flat, his jaw flexing as his irritation only further built. He looked around, his arms crossed as he brooded but he knew he needed to be good for his lover.
If not for Carter he would have plumbed that women.
"Holden." He grumbled softly, it had been on his original birth certiificate when Rhett had gotten him. Rhett had changed it, but never bothered with the certificate and it never mattered because Misery never needed identification but that was it.
He despised it.
Holden.
How effing stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Could Not Ask For More   I Could Not Ask For More - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Could Not Ask For More
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Murdock/Braxton :: Carter/Misery-
Jump to: