I don't know!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Redheaded.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Johnson

PostSubject: Redheaded.    Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Okay this is stupid. But I couldn't help myself.
This is Luca's mother by the wayyy.

http://0.tqn.com/d/mensfashion/1/5/5/v/Medium_Shaggy_Hairstyles_5.jpg
Enjoy. Razz

Manuel sighed as he leaned back against the arm of the couch, the awkward silence filling the air around him. Manuel had come over to visit Luca and Killian, but upon his arrival, all he had found was Augustus. Augustus had been waiting for the couple to return as well, but turned out they were out on a date today. So Manuel had just decided to wait.
He sat on one side of the couch as Augustus sat on the other side, a large empty gap in between the two of them.
“You know, you can feel free to talk to me.” Manuel spoke up, glancing over at his son’s friend.
“I know.” Augustus smiled lightly at the man before averting his gaze once more.
Honestly, it made him uncomfortable to be around Luca’s father, the man looked so much like his son… acted so much like him…
The silence returned once more for several minutes. Manuel eyed Augustus closely, from the freckles on his cheeks, to his fiery red hair with black at the bottom. He hadn’t died it recently and it was almost completely red now.
“Why do you do that?” Manuel asked, his voice gentle, thick with his sultry accent.
“Do what?” Augustus blinked, looking over at the man.
“Your hair. Why do you try to get rid of the red?” He asked, his eyes soft as he questioned the boy.
“Oh… um…” Augustus trailed off. “Everyone thinks it’s weird so…”
“I think it’s beautiful.” Manuel admitted, causing Augustus to look at him, a bit caught off guard. But Manuel simply continued. “You know, Luca’s mother had red hair too.” He smiled softly at the boy.
“Really?” Augustus smiled lightly at this, leaning in closer at the mention of Luca.
“Really.” Manuel nodded. “He was gorgeous too. Everyone thought so.”
“Can you tell me about him?” Augustus asked tentatively. He’d asked about Luca’s mother before and Luca knew nothing about him.
“I can.” Manuel smiled at the boy. “You’re aware Luca and I are from Peru, correct?”
“Yupp.” Augustus grinned. He knew everything there was to know about Luca.
“Well Luca’s mother wasn’t.” He shook his head. “His name was James…” His accent was especially thick on the man’s name, a Y sound replacing the J. “He was young… in Peru for a school project. He was going to be staying for a year. That was all. We met and I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I knew I had to have him. I kept chasing him and he told me he was too young, we couldn’t be together. But I didn’t listen. I kept trying and eventually he fell for me.” Manuel wore a small smile at the thought of this. “I took him out on dates, I made him feel like he said no other boy had. The boys his own age could never appreciate someone of my James’s beauty…” Manuel shook his head. “But I should have listened to him. I should have let him be… He was truly too young. But I loved him. I wanted to show him. I begged him to let me make love to him. He was scared but he agreed. And then…” Manuel paused, letting out a sigh. “The month after we made love, he told me he was pregnant. He yelled and screamed and cried. He wouldn’t let me hold him… He told me he hated me. He was too young to be a mother. He said he never wanted to see me again. He said he was going to abort it, said he was going to kill himself too. He said all I had ever wanted was sex from him.” Manuel wore a deep frown at this part, the hurt in his eyes nearly making Augustus want to cry for him.
“What did you do?” He whispered softly, far too invested in the story.
Manuel gave the boy a sad smile before continuing.
“I told him that wasn’t true of course, but he didn’t believe me. He told me to just leave him be but I couldn’t. I begged him not to kill my child, or himself. I begged him to have it for me. I held onto him and I cried, begged for his forgiveness. Begged for him to let me love him again. Well I suppose I got lucky. He agreed to have the child. But the others, he did not agree to. He refused to forgive me and let me love him during the time he carried my child. And he swore that as soon as the baby exited his body he was going to kill himself. He told me he didn’t want to live without me but he couldn’t take me back.”
“Did he kill himself?” Augustus’s eyes were wide as he leaned closer and closer as the story went on.
“Patience, Augustus.” Manuel always had difficulty saying Augustus’s name with his accent. It came out just sounding wrong, but you could tell what he was saying. “He then told me he only had seven months until his trip was over. He didn’t want to go back to America with my baby inside of him. So he said six months was all he would carry it. He was going to give birth after six months.”
“Six months? But the baby would die!”
“You are correct.” Manuel chuckled softly, letting himself reach out to stroke Augustus’s hair gently. “I knew that the chances of a baby surviving after being born after six months were very slim. But I had to take what I could get. And I didn’t want him taking my child back to America either. I wanted my baby, no matter what. So I allowed it. During his pregnancy, I refused to leave his side no matter what he said. There were times he got so angry with me, he threatened to murder me himself.” He chuckled softly. “But I couldn’t bare to be away from him and my new son. Six months went far too quickly and I could tell he was falling in love with me all over again. I was so grateful for this. On the day that made exactly six months, I drove him to the hospital. In the parking lot, I took his face in my hands and I kissed him. I proclaimed my love for him and asked him if he would marry me. He said no. But he told me after he gave birth, he had one month before returning to America. In that month, if I could make him love me again, he said he would stay here with me. He’d stay and raise our child together. I had never been happier than I was in that moment. So we went into the hospital and he gave birth. I was terrified, I remember at seeing how small and undeveloped my son was. They immediately put him in intensive care. He was so tiny… They cleaned him off and got him breathing properly and as they cleaned James off I went to watch my son. He just laid there… he was the tiniest thing I had ever seen… The doctor’s told me there was a good chance he wouldn’t live. So if I wanted to hold him I should do it as soon as possible, while I got the chance. So I did. I couldn’t cradle him to my chest like a normal baby, he was so small I could fit him in the palm of my hand. It was the most amazing thing I’ve ever felt… I don’t know how long I held him like that but they told me I had to put him down so they could work on him. I did so, reluctantly and went back to see my James and tell him of our child. I walked back into the room where he was and I was surprised to see nearly ten nurses and doctors surrounding him. They were speaking in hushed tones… there were so many machines… and it didn’t take me long to realize what was happening. He was dying…”
“What?!” Augustus’s eyes were wide, nearly teary as he listened.
“Yes.” Manuel smiled sadly. “Something had gone wrong during the delivery. They were trying to save him but it was too late. James was gone. He never got to see our child…” He sighed. “But it could have been worse… my James was gone but my son, my Luca, he lived. It was a miracle. Even the doctor’s didn’t believe it. But he lived. He grew up to be healthy and strong… I gave him everything I could. I never wanted to screw up and hurt him like I hurt my James.”
And as his story finished, Manuel was hit with an armful of Augustus as the boy tackled him in a hug.
“I’m so sorry…” Augustus hugged the man tightly.
“It’s okay, son.” Manuel chuckled lightly, running a hand through Augustus’s hair, savoring the fiery red color. “Just do me a favor?”
“Anything.” Augustus nodded vigorously.
“Realize that you are beautiful.” Manuel nodded, a hand moving to caress one of the boy’s cheeks. “You’re gorgeous. Those freckles and that fiery red hair, those are special. They are something to show off. Something to cherish. Never try and hide them…” They made him miss James… he adored them…
Augustus found a blush rising to his cheeks. No one but Luca had made him blush like this. He hadn’t even realized he wasn’t doing his Elvis voice. He was comfortable already around Manuel…
“O-okay…” Luca always liked his red hair… maybe it wasn’t so bad…
“Please. Never doubt your beauty.” Manuel was staring directly into Augustus’s eyes with his own chocolate brown ones that mirrored his son’s. One calloused hand rested over Augustus’s cheek, a thumb running gently over the boy’s freckles.
Augustus’s eyes were wide as he became lost in those eyes that so looked like Luca’s… Those big brown eyes made him want to melt…
And then Manuel was getting closer and closer to him. Augustus wasn’t sure what was happening until the man’s soft lips were against his own.
“Oh…” Augustus murmured, his eyes wide before they slipped shut, allowing this to happen.
He felt Manuel’s arms wrapping around his waist, pressing their chests close together. He felt Manuel’s muscles rippling against his sides. With their chests pressed so tightly against each other, he could feel each and every ab on the man’s toned stomach. He let the smell and taste of Manuel envelop him. The man tasted of chocolate and something that was all him. His scent was that of freshly cut grass and hard labor. He took Augustus’s face in his hands, the calloused skin rubbing against the boy’s cheeks from his many years of work.
They stayed like this for several minutes before Manuel pulled back.
“I’m sorry, Augustus… That was wrong of me…” The man sighed, shaking his head.
“No… no, it wasn’t.” Augustus frowned deeply.
“Yes, it was. You’re young… too young. This isn’t right.”
“So was James. And you two were in love…”
“But I hurt him. I don’t want to hurt you..”
“You won’t.” Augustus said simply. And with that, he wrapped his arms around Manuel’s neck, pulling him in for another kiss, deeper this time.
This was as close to Luca as he was ever going to get…
Their lips molded together as Augustus leaned into the other man. They moved together, moving so Augustus was lying on his back on the couch and Manuel was hovering over top of him, kissing him passionately.
“It’s been so long since I’ve…” Manuel trailed off, his eyes scanning over Augustus’s body. “Been with someone. Especially someone as beautiful as you…” He was nervous honestly.
“It’s okay.” Augustus smiled softly, kissing the man once more.
Maybe this could be the start of something…
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Redheaded.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Art Works :: Ficlets-
Jump to: