Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crossroads

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keegan Keller

Keegan Keller

Crossroads Empty
PostSubject: Crossroads   Crossroads EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 pm

So, the whole idea is taken from Supernatural pretty much heheh. All the details of the deal and everything. Don't think I'm just crazy bwahaa ><
I may add more to this but I ran out of ideas and I wanted to give this to you tonight! Enjoy!

“I’m sorry to tell you this, Augustus. But the test results came back positive. You’ve been diagnosed with lung cancer.”
Manuel felt as if he couldn’t breathe as the doctors words were repeated over and over in his head although it’d been many hours since they’d left the hospital. What would they do?
“M-Manuel…” Augustus spoke up softly. “I’m fine, really…”
“I know, my love.” Manuel sighed, forcing himself to stand up from his spot on the bed and wrap Augustus in his arms, kissing the boy’s temple softly. “You will be fine. I’m not going to let harm come to you.”
There was a pause.
“Promise?” Augustus’s voice was nothing but a terrified whisper. Deep down he knew that Manuel could not promise this, but it made him feel safer. Manuel was a man of his word, and Augustus felt that if Manuel promised him he would be safe, then his lover would do everything in his power to make sure that stayed true.
Little did he know just how far Manuel was willing to go to protect him.
The months passed and despite Manuel’s efforts, Augustus only appeared to be getting worse. Manuel nearly looked as bad as his lover. He was on edge constantly, finding himself unable to sleep at night. And sometimes he would just sit in his room and think of ways he could fix this.
And one night, it came to him. He was sitting with Augustus in their bedroom, wincing as he listened to the boy’s rattling breaths passing his lips.
“Manuel.” Augustus choked out. “I love you.”
“I love you too, darling.” Manuel returned kind words, his accent thick and reassuring as he leaned over Augustus to stroke the boy’s hair.
Augustus gave him a tiny smile, reaching up to tug on the collar of his lover’s shirt, pulling him in for a soft kiss.
Manuel cringed as he felt how hot his lover’s skin was. Augustus was burning up with a fever and Manuel let out a sigh at realizing this.
“I feel terrible.” Augustus whined softly, squirming around on their mattress.
“I know…” Manuel sighed. “I wish I could do something.”
“I know you do.” Augustus smiled softly. “And wishing is enough.”
“It’s not…” Manuel frowned deeply and it was then that the idea hit him. It was a far shot but… maybe he should give it a try. “I’ll be back.” His voice held new purpose as he stood upright, heading for the door.
“What are you doing?” Augustus called.
“Making a phone call.” He murmured and disappeared into the hall.
Several minutes later, Elvis was arriving home from school. He hummed as he entered the home, hearing nothing other than the sound of his father on the phone in the other room, speaking fervent Spanish.
Elvis wasn’t fluent in the language as well as his father was, but he knew a good bit. And what he was hearing didn’t sound too good. He stood behind a wall, peeking around to watch Manuel who was pacing up and down the hallway, running a hand through his hair nervously. Then he simply waited for his father to reenter the room.
Soon, the talking died down and Manuel rushed into the room, grabbing his jacket and nearly out the door before he noticed Elvis.
“Dad.” Elvis spoke up, frowning. “I heard you on the phone in there.”
Manuel’s gaze moved to his son, shaking his head.
“Elvis, leave this alone.”
“Dad… I didn’t catch all of it but the words I got weren’t good.”
“Son, you don’t understand. I have to do this, for your mother.”
Elvis opened his mouth to speak again, but before he could, his father was out the door.
Manuel made his way down the street, the cold night air sending shivers down his spine. Earlier, he had recalled a memory from when he was just a boy, back in Peru.
He had overheard a talk between his father and one of the man’s friends. His father’s friend had just learned that his daughter had fallen ill. She only had weeks to live.
Manuel had been hiding in the next room, listening to his father’s friend as the man relayed the story of how he had saved his daughter. He remembered the minor details and had called up the man’s daughter herself to get the rest.
The man had summoned what they called a crossroads demon. A crossroads demon would solve any problem you had. And in return, all they asked for was your soul. All Manuel had to do was gather some dirt from a graveyard, a bone of a black cat, and a picture of himself and put it in a box and then bury the box at a crossroads. The demon would heal Augustus and then Manuel would have ten years with his lover before the demon returned to drag him to hell…
Manuel had never believed this story when he heard his father’s friend tell it, but the man’s daughter was still alive and healthy. And the man himself had gone missing exactly ten years after Manuel had overheard him telling this story.
Maybe it was true. Manuel was willing to try anything at this point.
In an hour he’d gathered everything he needed and was currently standing at the crossroads, kneeling to bury the box in the gravel at his feet.
He realized he was holding his breath as he looked around, waiting for something to happen.
Nothing.
Maybe it was just a story after all. His hopes fell as he prepared to walk away. And then…
“What can I do for you?” A voice spoke up behind him.
He nearly jumped as he spun to face the person. There stood a slim woman with sleek black hair that hung down on her shoulders. She was undeniably attractive although Manuel had always preferred men. Her attire was simple, a little black dress with heels to match.
“I need to make a deal.”
“Well then I’m your girl.” She smirked and Manuel was quite shocked as she blinked and her eyes turned a bright red. Then with another blink they were back to normal.
“I need you to cure my husband. He has cancer.”
“Ah, loved ones. If this job has taught me one thing it’s that they tend to cost more than they’re worth.” She shook her head. “I get hundreds of deals a week with people giving up their life to help a loved one. I see no point in it but hey, that’s just me.” She dismissed the thought with a wave of her hand. “And you’re aware of the details of our little deal?”
“Yes.” Manuel nodded.
“Ten years and I’ll be back for you. I’ll be looking forward to it, too.” She smirked, eyeing Manuel up and down closely with a certain glint in her eyes. “Now, all deals are sealed with a kiss so pucker up darling.”
Manuel swallowed as he leaned in, his lips covering those of the demon. As they kissed, he felt an odd sensation tingling through him. But it was over just as quickly as it had begun and then he was standing alone in the middle of the night.
He rushed home, bursting in the front door to find Elvis on the couch, staring up at him.
“Dad, I called that girl you were on the phone with earlier. She told me. You didn’t do it, did you?” Elvis’s eyes were wide, his heart aching with worry for both his parents.
“I did.” Manuel’s voice was soft yet firm with his son.
“Daddy…” Elvis blinked. “You… what if it doesn’t work? What if they were lying? What if it’s a trick? Daddy…”
“Then it will have been worth it, at least to try…” Manuel sighed.
“I can’t believe you did this…”
“Manuel?” A voice sounded from the other room and Manuel perked up immediately at the sound of his lover.
“Augustus?” He asked eagerly, rushing to the bottom of the stairs to embrace his lover.
“I woke up from my nap and I… I-I feel good.” Augustus smiled softly.
“That’s wonderful, darling.” Manuel hugged Augustus tight and thanked the lord… or rather, the devil, that his lover was better.
The next day they went to the doctor, just to make sure, and took tests. And sure enough, Augustus came back clear of anything cancerous.
“It appears to be a miracle.” The doctors all said.
Augustus turned to his lover excitedly and he barely had a chance to say anything before Manuel had tackled him in a hug.
“I love you.” Manuel spoke, the tears beginning to pour from his eyes.
His Augustus was going to be okay… and he still had ten long years with his family left.
And that was all that mattered.
Back to top Go down

Crossroads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Art Works :: Ficlets-
Jump to: