Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs

Go down 
+3
Manuel Lively
Prentiss Proveaux
Livius Levine
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs Empty
PostSubject: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Livius laid in his bed in the cozy home he owned, just about ready to drift off to sleep. His home was nothing extravagant, but he liked to think it was alright. It served his needs at least. His eyes shut, blankets wrapped snug around himself, he was dozing off when he heard noises from downstairs. He immediately sat up, frowning as he forced himself out of bed. He crept downstairs, heading for the kitchen first and grabbing a knife, the only weapon he would have had in the whole home. He held the knife at his side and moved to the living room. He didn't see anything out of place other than that when he looked towards his front door, the knob was wiggling furiously. Someone was trying to get in.
He moved to the doorway, holding the knife out in front of him as he swung the door open. He wasn't sure what he expected to see, maybe a vicious robber, but he certainly had not been expecting to see a rather attractive man slumped over on his front stairs. He eyed the guy over curiously with a slight frown before he lowered his knife.
"Qual รจ il problema? Che ci fai qui? Hai bisogno di aiuto?" He spoke in fluent Italian, being that this was Italy after all. But in case this man wasn't native, he paused and then spoke again. "Parli Italiano?" He questioned.

(Translation: "What's the problem? What are you doing here? Do you need help?" And then "Do you speak Italian?" I don't know if Christophe speaks Italian >< He doesn't have to, Livius can speak English too)
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:42 am

For several moments, the boy made no attempt to move. He remained slumped over, his eyes narrowed as he had been found out. Nervously he reached behind him, his fingers curling cautiously around the handle of his shovel. Watching the man through unsettled eyes, he took time before he gathered his wits enough to speak. "No nee'cesito ayuda." His words were carefully placed, Christophe being very limited in his knowledge of the language. He slowly forced himself up, his legs trembling under the weight of him. It had been a hard mission, one he had nearly failed, but in the end he had at least put down the desired man, and stole back the documents he had been entrusted with. The man had been well protected though, and more than once had Christophe been stuck by enemy fire. He wore what had been a light brown tank top, the straps still in place behind him to hold his shovel. Holes were placed randomly in the cloth, blood and sweat and grime caked thickly to his person. He had been shot, high in his shoulder where the shirt of been soaked through and stained with his blood. His pants had been ripped at the thigh, as though by a knife as it has also cut through his flesh there. Still though he managed to stand with his head high, unlit cigarette dangling between his lips. "Oi,'ou 'ave a light?"
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:48 am

Livius looked the man over as he stood.
"I do." He spoke, his English awkward and accented. "You... you are bleeding." His brow furrowed as he reached out. "I help you, yes?" He reached out an arm and supported Christophe, leading him inside.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:56 am

"I do not need 'our 'elp." Christophe spoke gruffly, hesitant to allow Livius to lay hands on him. "I zeemply reequire a lighter." He vows were prolonged, thick with his French origins. As he was lead inside, his grip tightened on his shovel. He did not trust people, he never had. "Sheet." He moved himself safely out of Livius's grasp, swaying slightly as he supported himself against the door. He would need stitches he knew, but it did not weight heavy on his mind. He simply wanted the bleeding in his chest to stop, for it proved to be making him more and more disoriented.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:05 am

"Hush. I help." Livius waved a hand and disappeared, returning a second later with some cloth and gauze, along with a bottle of something in his other hand. "Stay still. I stop blood." He informed, gently nudging Christophe towards the couch.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:15 am

"'ou ztop touching me." Christophe snapped tiredly, yet he allowed himself to fall onto the couch, hissing as this caused pain in his shoulder. Hissing, he simply patted himself down for a lighter. He was not the type to ever ask for help, and very seldom did he accept it.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:17 am

"The blood, it is coming from your chest, yes?" Livius questioned. "Take off thee shirt so I wrap it." He gestured to the cloth in explanation as he was not completely sure if his English was correct.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:23 am

"'ou zpeeak Eenglish, yeet do 'ou underztand eet?" Christophe found a lighter, inhaling as the cigarette came to life. "I do not need 'elp." Still though his fingers found the hem of his ruined shirt, peeling it gingerly away from his body. It seemed that this was not something new for him, being his body was littered with different scars. There was a variety of them, some large and almost fatal looking, while others were mere pin pricks in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:31 am

"I understand you good." Livius said simply, moving to look at the injury and frown. He tied the cloth like a tourniquet around the man's upper arm to stop the blood flow before using another piece to wipe at the cut gently. Then he picked up the bottle of liquid and poured some of it onto a piece of gauze. He glanced up at Christophe. "This will, how you say... sting?" It sounded more like a question as he searched for the right words. He then pressed the gauze to the bleeding wound.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:41 am

"Sheet! 'ou Beetch!" Christophe jerked as the pain hit him. It was almost blinding, but only for a moment. He considered hitting Livius with his shovel, a fair trade for the new ache in his chest. "What in zhe 'ell?"
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:46 am

"It helps it not get infection." Livius nodded, moving to press more gauze around the wound and wrapping it around Christophe's chest and holding it down with adhesive tape. "It will feel better." He reassured.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:49 am

"Eet fucking 'urt." Though the thought of it had already been replaced with the notion of lighting another cigarette. "Do you do zhiz ofteen?" A bloody eye brow was raised as Christophe stared at Livius. The man was startling calm to have found an injured stranger trying to get into his home.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:03 pm

"I 'elp people on occasion." Livius murmured. Most people who knew him thought he was not a very kind man. But he was very kind to strangers. He was never rude to people unless he knew them well and did not like them. "What is your name?" He questioned as he stood to find his lighter along with his own pack of cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Christophe snorted softly at the question. "Can't teel 'ou, 'ou alreedy know too much." His fingers danced around the wound in his shoulder, as though gauging how bad it was. He was tired, had been up and going for three days now. As much as he would like to get the hell out of here, he had no choice but to at least try and stay for a little bit, maybe rest so he could be gone by tonight. "Christophe."
He supposed he owed this man his name at least, even if he had not asked for any help.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 pm

"I am Livius." The man nodded, lighting a cigarette for himself before offering Christophe the lighter. "Should you be smoking right now?" He questioned, arching an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

"Zhould 'ou mind 'our own damn buzinezz!?" Simply out of spite he lit the cigarette, in haling half of it before he was satisfied enough to exhale. Rattling could be heard when he breathed, almost like his lungs were ill. "Zo, Leeviuz, what do I owe 'ou now?" No one ever helped him without expecting something in return.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:32 pm

"You are a very angry man." Livius noted, smirking softly. "You should be calm. Is not good for your 'ealth." He paused, looking Christophe over. "You owe me nothing. I just wanted to 'elp."
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Christophe glared through hateful eyes, taking another drag from his cigarette. "Eet wasn't good for my 'ealth wheen my mother ztabbed mee en the heeart weth a clothes 'anger while I waz ztill in ze womb?" He had reasons to be angry. "What kind of 'ame aree 'ou playing? What aree 'ou geetting by 'elping me?"
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:53 pm

"Still so 'ateful." Livius shook his head. "You don't trust people either, I see. But I am getting nothing by 'elping you. I believe it's called being kind. Maybe you would like to try it sometime." He smirked lightly.
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:04 pm

"'Aybe 'ou zhould try zhutting the fuck up." Christophe finished his cigarette, flicking the Now bare filter at Livius. "'Ou zhouldnt bee zo kind. 'Ou don't know mee or 'ow dangerous I am." He made his living by killing people and stealing.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm

"Trust me, you are not going to 'urt me." Livius chuckled softly. "You are 'urt. Even if you were 'ealthy, you could not 'urt me. So don't try."
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Christophe's jaw set as he bared his teeth, his eyes immediately darkening. He had never been able to contain himself, especially his anger. "Don't 'ou f*cking mock mee 'ou beetch!" His fingers lashed out, curling tight around the mans throat as he moved the rest of his body to make an impact; Barreling himself, hurt shoulder first, against Livius to pin him down.
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Livius sighed as he was pinned to the ground, not appearing to be phased by the sudden turn of events. Yes, it hurt, but he had expected as much from this stranger.
"No wonder you get yourself 'urt so much. Your temper is not very good." He shook his head as he took hold of Christophe by the waist and pried him off of him, sitting him back on the couch. "Calm down."
Back to top Go down
Prentiss Proveaux

Prentiss Proveaux

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 pm

"'Ou don't mock mee." He snapped once more, his accent thicker with his discontent. He opened his cigarette pack, cursing under his breath as he pulled another out. He would need to find a store, as he only had two more in his pack.
F*ck.
He fumbled with his lighter, eyes flickering back and forth from his task and Livius. He was not afraid of the man by any means, but he had learned to never let his guard down.
"'Ou are f*cking weeird."
Back to top Go down
Livius Levine

Livius Levine

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 pm

"And you are rude." Livius snapped. "I 'elp you and ask for nothing in return and you are being, 'ow you say... a bitch." He hated wondering if he sounded stupid, which he knew he most likely did. "Now, rest." He tossed the man a pack of cigarettes and seated himself in the armchair across from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs   Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Mercenaries & Love Affairs
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next