HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A howl in the void.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm

"No, you tell me now." Zach frowned. "You've been thinking about something for a while and you haven't told me. I want to know, Roman. You called me something... your what?" He arched an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Roman growled softly, crossing his arms over his chest. "My mate." He had be meaning to avoid this but he was caught. "Its...Hard to explain." Roman couldn't come up with a way to describe it without sounding creepy. "A werewolf mates for life. I think of you as my mate...I was hearing your heart beat before I ever laid eyes on you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Zach furrowed his brow, obviously confused.
"You mean... you said you can hear my heartbeat louder than your own sometimes, right? So you heard it before you met me too?" He tilted his head. Butterflies in his stomach stirred at learning this information. Maybe this was a sign he shouldn't ignore. Roman could be the one for him, truly. "And it means... I'm your mate... like lover for... well, forever?" He questioned gently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm

"Forever." Roman rubbed the back of his head. "I dont know, I had always felt you I guess. I knew you were sad before I was able to smell it on you, I was feeling it too. Because of you. And its gotten stronger now that im able to see you. I know your my mate, my one and only."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Zach swallowed, a bit shocked at this information. But then again, it kind of made sense to him. He had felt this odd connection with the man from the second they met. Even when he'd been annoyed with him, he simply felt something different when he was around.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked simply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

"Its creepy!" Roman threw an arm out as though the motion would pronounce how obvious that was. "How could I tell you that I thought you were my mate for life when I still thought you had it out for me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Zach chuckled softly.
"I hated you at first because... I couldn't hurt you." Zach admitted. "Hurting people is the only thing I'm good at and you laughed when I tried and if I can't hurt people I... I can't really do anything." He sighed. "I hated you because I'd never met anyone like you before and I don't like things that I don't know. I'm used to being able to tell what someone's going to do or say and know exactly when they'll say or do it. I couldn't do that with you. And I didn't like it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Roman could only smile, reaching to pull Zach flush against his chest. "Are you willing to accept this?" For a moment he didn't breath, waiting for Zach to decide his fate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:04 pm

"I..." Zach paused, thinking this over. "I think I am. I mean, it's different but I think that's what I need. But before I say yes, are you willing to accept me as well? Do you... know what I do?" He asked. He didn't want a repeat of what had happened with Elvis. He was going to make sure Roman knew everything about him before they tried this. "I know you've seen me work on people but do you know... all of it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:10 pm

"I know. I smell it on you, I feel it when your doing it. Your happy. Im happy." Roman's clawed thumb skimmed over the boys cheek. "As my mate, I accept all that you are. Id probably still adore you with you hands around my neck."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Zach couldn't stop the grin that broke out on his face, so large that his cheeks nearly ached. But he couldn't help it. This was all he'd ever wanted really. Just someone to accept him and what he did.
"Then I guess I'm your mate." He spoke simply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:25 pm

"My mate." Roman repated it as though it were a vow, pressing down to capture Zach's lips once more. This was what he had been searching for. Zach was his life now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Zach took Roman's face in his hands gently as they kissed, bringing him closer. He pulled back a moment later, their foreheads still touching.
"Thank you." He murmured softly. Even he wasn't sure what he was thanking the man for. Just for... giving him a chance.

Months passed and their relationship was going very well, to Zach's surprise. It was the night before Valentine's day and Zach was in the kitchen, attempting to bake his lover some sort of cake. It was supposed to be red velvet cake. He'd prepared everything and had had it in the oven for a while so he began to clean up the mess he had made mixing the batter. As he put the ingredients away, he didn't even realize he'd knocked down a tiny wolf toy Roman had perched constantly atop of a cabinet. He'd been too startled by the beeping of the oven.
"Shit." He cursed softly as he quickly shoved the ingredients away and glanced in the oven, groaning as he pulled out the burnt cake that instead of red was now a deep shade of black. He grumbled under his breath and shoved it aside, hoping the thought would still count for something. He turned to the mixture boiling atop of the stove and began to stir it absentmindedly. As he stirred, he allowed himself to zone out a bit, daydreaming of a perfect night they could have the following day. His first Valentine's Day with an actual Valentine. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice until the edge of his shirt sleeve was in flames.
He let out a shout as the flames tickled his wrist, yanking his shirt off and tossing it to the floor, unknowingly atop of the wolf toy he'd knocked down earlier. He cursed, attempting to stomp out the flames but they only got bigger. He ran downstairs and grabbed the fire extinguisher, moving as fast as he could back up to the source of the flames and spraying blindly until they were out. He let out a sigh of relief, leaning against the wall for a moment to catch his breath before picking up the tattered fabric of his shirt. Along with it came the charred remains of the wolf toy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Roman appeared in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "What are you burning? Its rank." The man glanced about the room, noting Zach was fine. "Do you need some help?" He stepped forward, glancing down as he felt himself step on something. He bent, his fingers brushing over the charred remains of his favorite childood toy. It was a wolf, stuff and goofy looking, plushy.
It crumbled as he scooped it up.
All of a sudden he was eight again, running home from the bus after he had been dropped off from school. He had seen the smoke over the trees but he had just thought his dad had a fire going. His mom had told him not to leave his toys outside, but he had left the little wolf toy anyways. He hadnt remembered it, and so it sat at the bottom of the door steps.
After everything was said and done, it was one of the only things he had left, one of the only things the fire had not taken from him.
And now it had been burnt too, just like his mother who had given it to him.
"Zach!" Roman swung his arm out as he roared, knocking Zach backwards and into the wall. He was on the boy in a heart beat, one of his large clawed hands pinning the boy against the wall as Roman blocked him in. "What in the f*ck did you do?" He slammed the boy into the wall, shoving his other hand in the boys face so he could see what he had done.
"Its burnt! Ruined! Falling apart!" He was growling with every word, his chest vibrating with the force of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Zach had known the toy belonged to Roman but never had he known just how much it meant to the man. His eyes were wide as he was shoved against the wall. His immediate reaction was to run, however, as one of Roman's large hands pinned him in place, this was no longer a possibility. He'd never seen Roman so angry before and he hated how honestly frightened it made him. The remains of the toy were shoved in his face and all he could do was blink at them. He hadn't even realized he had burnt it until now.
"I-I... I'm sorry." He stammered out, his body tense as he realized just how large Roman was compared to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:35 pm

"F*cking right your sorry! Its over now, everything is f*cking gone." Roman shook his head, shoulders shaking as he tried to control himself. It was hard enough before, but now he didnt even have his little toy. What more could be taken from him? He tightened his grip around Zach's neck, snarling viciously. He couldnt hurt the boy though, not like he wanted to at that moment. Finally he released the boy, letting him drop back down against the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:44 pm

The second he was dropped Zach forced himself up and across to the other side of the room, grabbing the largest knife he had. He'd gotten it when he'd met Roman. He kept it with the cooking knives so the man wouldn't know, but the blade was made of silver so it could do damage to anything, even a werewolf. He'd gotten it just in case he needed it. He had never planned on using it but he would if Roman would come at him again. He never wanted to feel that helpless.
He stood in the doorway and watched in silence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Roman watched him, growling even more now that Zach was fueling his irritation. "Dont f*cking threaten me Zach, it'll be the last thing you even do." He walked to the the door, glancing back at Zach almost hatefully.
"Dont be here when I come back."
And with that he was gone, toy clutched protectively in his right hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Zach had opened his mouth to inform the boy he wasn't threatening him but he was gone too quickly. He sighed and leaned his head against the wall. He wasn't supposed to be here when Roman came back? It was HIS home and it was the night before Valentine's day...
Part of him wanted to stay right here no matter what Roman had said. If it had been anyone else, he probably would have. But he was truly scared of Roman and honestly, he didn't want to be home when the man got back. He despised the fact that he was frightened enough to really leave but he grabbed his jacket and made his way to Trever's anyway, pounding on the front door before folding his arms stubbornly across his chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:24 pm

"Zach?" Trever had taken longer than normal getting to the door. He was wearing an apron that said "Kiss the cook" across the front of it. He had been cooking for his valentine also, but unlike Zach his cake was perfect and sitting on the table to cool.
"What are you doing here? Dont you have a dog to walk?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm

"I'm sorry, I'll be out of here by tonight. I don't want to ruin your Valentine's day..." He nearly cursed himself. He'd forgotten somehow that of course Trever would have special plans for him and Toni. "Roman and I... um, I kind of pissed him off and he told me to leave and... you know, I can just go somewhere else.." He shook his head. "I'll be good." Trever shouldn't suffer just because he had no other friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:43 pm

"Come on in." Trever opened the door wider, gently pushing Zach inside. "So, fallout with the big bad wolf?" Trever made his way back into the kitchen where he had a rather large dinner in the works. "You can stay with me you know, if you need to." He could never turn Zach away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 pm

"No, I don't want to ruin your big day." Zach smiled softly. "I'll probably just stay for a few minutes, I'll leave you two alone." As much as he didn't like Toni, he didn't want to ruin his time with his lover. The boy made Trever happy. "But yeah, he kind of shoved me into a wall and grabbed me by the neck..." He tugged down the collar of his shirt, not sure if there were marks. There was only the tiny beginnings of a handshaped bruise. "I was trying to cook something for him for tomorrow but I burnt it and burnt some toy of his... it was important to him, obviously but I didn't know..." He averted his gaze from Trever. "I normally could handle that but... he kind of scares me, you know? Because I know that even though I can defend myself, I'm pretty much powerless when it comes to him." He trailed off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman Roden

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:57 pm

"I'd hate to have to burn him at the stake for hurting you..." Trever gently brushed his fingers over the bruising on Zach's neck. He didn't like it, but it was out of his control.
Roman was not afraid of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel Blair

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Zach smiled softly at the man, moving to lean his head on Trever's shoulder.
"I don't want him to think he can hurt me whenever he has a fit but I can't really do much about that considering he can."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A howl in the void.   

Back to top Go down

A howl in the void.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next