I don't know!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Jesse had noticed Law acting differently for a while now, noticed him creeping out to the porch in the middle of the night sometimes. And lately, he could smell the sickness on him. He was dying, there was no way Jesse could miss it.
Tonight he had made his way out to the porch after Law. He merely stood in the doorway for a moment before he spoke up.
"So what is it, something with your lungs I'm guessing?" He didn't have to ask if the man was sick, he knew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Law didn't even bother picking his head up, having known this conversation was coming eventually. "Something like that, oui."  The man was silenced by another bout of coughing, his face contorted in pain as his chest rattled. "But it's none of your business, so you should keep that shit to yourself as long as possible."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:02 pm

"What is it?" Jesse questioned as he took a seat beside the man. "Cancer? Is it serious? How long have you known?" He frowned deeply, not liking the thought of losing a pack member. He had come to rather enjoy Law's company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:12 pm

"Its cancer, lung cancer."  The man wheezed a sigh, knowing it was futile to lie to the man, he had obviously already figured it out.  Law had expected nothing less from his alpha. "Stage four, so yeah, its terminal." The doctor tried to ignore the frown Jesse wore. "I've known four around two months now, oui....But no one else knows."  He shook his head, not even willing to mention Bane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 pm

"Not even Dallas?" Jesse arched an eyebrow, looking at Law as if he should know better than trying to hide it. "I can't believe he hasn't smelled it on you yet. You reek."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 pm

"He's used to the sick smell, i've never been in the best health, oui. Plus I have millions of excuses for it."  Law shrugged his shoulders, still trying to avoid Jesse's gaze. "So no, I haven't told Dallas. I'm not sure im going to tell Dallas." The wolf heaved a defeated sigh. "He'd treat me like I was fragile. He might want treatment....And how can I let him remember me as sick?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:35 pm

"Well he's right to want treatment, Law!" Jesse exclaimed incredulously. "You're just letting yourself die, you're not even going to fight it. I know it's none of my business, but I feel like you at least owe him a warning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Law finally cut his eyes over to the alpha, his glare intense on the man. "Im the fucking doctor here. I know my body probably wouldn't endure the treatment. It would get worse for nothing, oui!" The werewolf snarled softly. "I would lose all of my hair, I would lose weight. And do you know what it would be to make Dallas watch me go through that?" It simply wasn't an option for him. "And what good is a warning, oui? It's going to happen even if he has time to worry about it or not.  Why make him go through that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:20 am

"Why make him go through losing another lover?" Jesse arched an eyebrow. "I just think that's a really selfish thing to do. If you care for him, I suggest you at least let him know it's happening." He knew he was pissing the man off, but he did not want to see what Dallas was like after losing Law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:43 am

"I don't know if I can, Jesse. Im in deep, oui." Law shook his head mournfully, knowing the alpha was right. "Nothing I do is going to stop him from losing me....I just don't see how telling him is going to make it any better."  But Dallas did have the right to know. "Holy fuck, I feel like shit." The werewolf felt the need to howl in his frustration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 am

"I really think you should at least try treatment, Law. I don't want to lose you either you know?" He sighed lightly. "It's nice having you around, even if you are a bitch most of the time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:08 am

Law blinked up at the man, having never considered that anyone but Dallas would be affected by his death. "Maybe you're right, oui." But it was too late to turn back now, he had already made himself a bed out of lies. He had no choice but to lay in it. "But that aside, i'd appreciate you staying out of it. I already have enough to worry about. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 am

"Course." Jesse sighed heavily, nodding his head. "But I will miss you. Nice having you in the pack." Out of instinct, he pulled the man into a tight hug, though sure to be gentle as to not hurt him if he was fragile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:32 am

"I know, oui, I can tell. You're already handling me like im breakable and sick." Law was smiling though, returning Jesse's embrace fiercely. "And just for the record, your the best alpha I could have asked for." The man heaved a tired sigh. "After I lost everything, you took me in and gave me a home, oui. A family. I never thanked you, because nothing I could ever do would be enough." He'd hoped to pay the man back with his services as a doctor for the pack, but that plan was fleeting. "But I do thank you Jesse. And I ask that you watch out for Dallas when im gone. Dont let him follow me, oui."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 am

"I appreciate that." Jesse smiled lightly at the man. "And I'll do my best with Dallas but you and I both know you're the only one that can even kind of control that bastard." He chuckled, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 am

"I know. " Law sighed wistfully, doubling over as another bout of coughs overcame him. They left him aching and gasping for air, suddenly cold and missing the warm comfort his lover provided. "Ill figure something out. " Thw man wheezed, trying to convince himself more than Jesse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 am

"Good luck with that. And I'm just in my room if you ever want to talk." Jesse reassured the man before he returned inside with a gentle smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 am

Law sat long after Jesse was gone, contemplating what the man had said until he decided that Dallas's warmth was calling him to bed. He slowly packed his things up and headed inside, where he dropped everything on Dallas's floor before climbing into bed and making himself comfortable atop the mans chest. Once there he allowed his lovers heartbeat to lull him into a fitful sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:19 am

It was the next morning and when Jesse heard Dallas up and stumbling into the kitchen to find something for breakfast, he made his move. He knew Law would be pissed at him but he couldn't stop himself from feeling Dallas had a right to know. If this ever happened to Finn and no one told him, he would be livid.
"Oh hey." Dallas grunted, nodding at his Alpha as he entered the kitchen. "G'morning."
"Hey." Jesse responded, pausing as if considering if he wanted to go through with it. "Listen, I've been meaning to talk to you."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah. Come on out to the porch with me." Jesse nodded, ushering the man outside with him where he sat him down and told him of his conversation with Law yesterday.
Dallas was breathless.
"I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you." Jesse sighed. "I wanted you to know and he didn't plan on telling you anytime soon... or at all."
"So he was just going to drop dead one day?" Dallas growled after several moments of silence. It felt like the wind had been knocked out of him. He was having trouble catching his breath. How could this be happening? He couldn't lose Law, couldn't go through this again.
"I guess." Jesse only shrugged. "Just, take it easy on him, alright? He was just trying to enjoy his last little while with you."
Dallas only nodded as he watched Jesse disappear inside, leaving him alone with his head spinning. He needed a beer.
But first, he was going to go give Law a piece of his mind. He stormed upstairs to their room, eyeing his lover in the bed and roughly shoving him awake.
"Why in the fuck didn't you tell me?!" He barked, knowing Law would know exactly what he meant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:30 am

Law's first instinct was to start shoving back, his heart jumping at the alarm in his lovers voice. "What the fuck do you mea-"  The man trailed off, the realization of what had happened striking him in the face. "Dallas."  Law wasn't sure what to say to the man.  He had no defense. "Just back the fuck up, okay? Stop fucking being so loud." The doctor set himself up, snarling softly in irritation at the rude awakening. "I didn't fucking tell you,"  Law began again, "Because I didn't want us to change. I was obviously wrong about that, oui."  The man spoke almost spitefully, angry that Jesse had outed him. "And I didn't want to try treatment. I didn't want you to see me getting sick." It was selfish, he knew it was, but being his mortality was hanging over his head, Law had given himself that liberty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 am

"You were going to let me wake up to you dead, another person fucking gone because you didn't want to go through treatment?!" Dallas barked, the shift happening whether he liked it or not. "That is the most selfish fucking thing I've ever heard, Law! How long were you going to just let me go on not knowing, huh?! You were going to just continue letting me fucking hit you and shove you around even though you're fucking dying?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 am

"Treatment wouldn't fix me, Dallas! Im already stage four, its metastasized damnit!"  Law argued weakly, knowing Dallas was completely right. "And yes, I was going to fucking let you keep hitting me and shoving me, oui!"  Law punctuated this by striking the man in his face. "Because thats what we fucking do, Dallas!  You said so yourself, sometimes you wish you could still hate me because you miss the fucking fights! What would I be doing to us if I was the reason we couldn't have that anymore?" The mans shoulders sagged, a tired sigh leaving him. "I fucking know I fucked up, okay? But im not sorry."  He'd enjoyed the time he got to spend with his lover, and he refused to apologize for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 am

"I can't just let you go, you idiot!" Dallas snarled. "I can't do this again, I won't! You've got to at least try treatment, Law, please!" He was still screaming but his words were no longer angry but pleading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chandler Riggs

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:02 am

Law could only gape at his lover, startled by the pleading in the mans voice. "Dallas...Come on...Lets really think about this..." He was sure the effects of treatment would be wearing on Dallas, so much that Law couldn't imagine putting the man through it. "I don't want to be like that. You would never look at me the same, oui."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordan McMillian

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 am

"I won't get to look at you at all if you're dead!" Dallas barked out, the pain clear in his eyes as his voice cracked and he tried to pretend he didn't feel like crying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.    

Back to top Go down

Cigarette smoke and Napalm clouds.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next