Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love Makes You Soft

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Growing up, Sawyer had never been the problem child. He left that to Sinclair. It wasn't until he was around the age of eleven that he started getting into trouble. It was normally petty things, such as starting fights and hiding his mothers cigarettes. Once he even busted into Dallas liquor cabinet, pouring every bottle he found down the drain. These things were done in the hopes of bringing Law and Dallas closer, but instead it back fired on him. Without his cigarettes, Law was quickly agitated to the point of snapping, and Dallas was frustrated and confrontational about the loss of his booze. This only lead to some of the more severe fights, the ones that sent Sawyer scrambling into Sinclair's room. After the fighting took a turn for the worst, so did Sawyer. He started smarting off more, sometimes even repeating things he'd heard his parents say in the heat of an argument. It was rare he went an entire day without picking a fight. He realized that whenever he acted out, Dallas and Law had no choice but to stop fighting and deal with him. Because of this realization, Sawyer's behavior continued to worsen. Now, at seventeen, he was regularly sneaking out of the house, visiting bars only to leave with pretty strangers, stealing cigarettes, and the list went on. He was currently sitting at home, piled up in a chair with Sinclair and watching as Stein hunted the home for his father, eager to show Dallas one of his wack job experiments.
"Im going to fucking knock the brain down a notch. You wanna watch?" The boy glanced over to Sinclair, knowing his brother wasn't a fan of violence. He always gave the boy fair warning, so he could be safe if he didnt want to see a fight go down.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:15 pm

"Are you going to hurt him?" Sinclair sighed, following Sawyer's gaze to Stein. "Or just be mean?" He always liked to be with his brother to make sure he didn't get himself into some serious trouble, but he really didn't want to watch the boy if he was going to physically hurt Stein. Sometimes he missed his brother, the way he'd used to be.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:45 pm

The larger boy let out a soft huff, his eyebrows knitting together in disappointment. He had wanted to rough Stein up a little bit, maybe get back at his father for being so drunk last night, but he could already sense his brothers light panic. "I wont fucking hurt him. Im juth gonna 'talk' to him, maybe thull hith ath up like a pothum tho he goeth the fuck away." Sawyer gently nudged the boy. "Ith that alright with you, your highneth?" He often picked on Sinclair, but he made sure the boy knew he was only teasing. His brother didn't have many friends, so Sawyer did his best to fill that void.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm

"Alright but don't be too mean. He looks excited." Sinclair agreed with a nod. He never minded Stein as much as Sawyer seemed to. Stein reminded him of himself in a way. A little weird, not having many friends. He didn't like Sawyer bothering him but it couldn't be stopped.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 pm

"Oh, I wont!" Sawyer could only snicker at how ridiculous that notion was. Dont be too mean because he's excited? What better reason to make him suffer? Stein didn't deserve to be so fucking happy, not when Sawyer was so damn miserable. The werewolf pushed himself up, his eyes already honing in on Stein as he started up the stairs.
"Hey there brainfucker, where do you think you're getting off to without thaying hello to me? I thought we were palth!" His tone was taunting, already promising that this was not going to go well for Stein.
"Tho, Dinguth! What do you have there?" Sawyer was only now noticing that Stein was clutching a backpack to his chest, as though he had been purposefully trying to conceal it. "Ith it a new toy?"
"Come on Sawyer, we dont have to be barbaric. Can't we just be mature friends? I mean...I don't...I havent done anything to you so you should really just stop, alright?" This had happened once before. He had been trying to bring one of his new mechanical arm designs over to work on and show Dallas, but Sawyer had intercepted and broken his brand new automail to pieces. He'd never told Dallas, and neither had Sawyer. It had been unspoken between them that if word got out there would be worse to come.
"What? That doethn't thound like anything a friend would thay. I thought you and me were friendth. Don't you want to thow me whath in the bag?"
Before Stein even had a chance to respond Sawyer had managed to make a snatch for his bag. He's tried to hold onto it, really, but in the end, as usual, Sawyer was able to shove him off.
"Leth thee here! What ith tho important that you couldn't thow you're 'little brother'!" Sawyer as laughing obnoxiously, completely entertained with the dread he could see on Stein's face. Hell, the boy reeked of distress. Whatever was in the bag had to be valuable.
"Give it back Sawyer! I will not continue to just take this!" Stein was bluffing. There wasn't really anything he could do. Sawyer was Dallas's kid, too many problems with him could mean that he'd have to stay away.
Stein didnt think he could handle that.
"Please!?"
Sawyer merely rolled his eyes, the desperation in Stein's voice only adding fueling the fire. The towering werewolf took a moment to dangle the bag over Stein head before tearing it open, his eyes widening at the bright metal object, what seemed to be a newly designed arch reactor to replace the one Stein had put in a few years back. It must have taken him this entire time to finish.
"Huh...It would be a thame if thomething were to...Happen." Sawyer locked eyes with Stein, holding the young mans gaze as he allowed the new arch reactor to slip from his fingers, sending it crashing onto the floor.
The sound that left Stein was inhuman.
"Thats it! Thats fucking it!" He lunged at Sawyer, catching the werewolf pup by his waist an sending them both spiraling onto the ground.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Sinclair immediately panicked, wanting to step in and stop it but knowing he could not handle being in the middle of that with Stein touching him.
"Uh, mom!" He called out, darting off to find his mother because it was all he knew to do. Whenever anything happened, Law could fix it. Dallas might get too angry so Law was the answer.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Law had felt it coming. He had been keeping a special eye on Sinclair even before the boy had been born, so naturally Law felt it when his pups heartbeat spiked as though he were in distress. The lanky doctor was already halfway down the stairs when Sinclair called for him.
"I got it, oui!" The man caught Stein by his waist and pulled him up, snarling at Sawyer when he attempted to get in a cheap shot on the other boy.
"Damnit, Sawyer! Don't make me beat your ass! Whats going on, oui?"
"He fucking attacked me this time, ma!"
Law merely rolled his eyes, much like Sawyer had only moments before. "Sure he did, Sawyer." The man was obvious exasperated. "And what did you do to make him 'attack' you? Tell me that?"
Sawyer paused at this, his mind grasping for an excuse, something that wouldn't make his mother so mad as telling him the truth.
Sawyer never got the chance to lie. Stein was up now, his hands trembling as he collected the broken pieces of his arch reactor.
"Look at what he did, Law!" The boy had never ratted Sawyer out, until now at least. "My reactor! Its damn ruined now! I'll have to scrap it and start all over! Look at this!" What had been one perfectly rounded machine, was now broken into five bulky fragments of dented metal, lose wires, and broken glass.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Sinclair, although he was really kind of sad for Stein, only sat back and watched the fight happen. He never liked to stop Sawyer from having his fun, worried that Sawyer might get mad at him.
He only said anything once Dallas had came jogging down the stairs after hearing the yelling.
"What the hell is going on now?" It was a daily occurrence, breaking up a fight between Sawyer and whoever it happened to be that day. Seeing the broken arch reactor in Stein's hands, he folded his arms across his chest, glancing to Sawyer.
"I already know you did it, so don't even try to lie about it. Just tell me why." He sighed heavily.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Sawyer blinked innocently up at his father as though astonished that the man would automatically assume he was to blame. "What? He wath fucking being a prick and wouldn't thow me what wath in the bag. I wanted to know." The young werewolf shrugged as though he were the victim instead of the instigator. "And pluth, if he juth didn't come over here bothering me all the time, thith wouldn't happen. You thee? I haven't done thit." Sawyer crossed his arms over his chest, the heavy sigh Dallas emitted weighing on his shoulders. He was a hassle, that he already knew. He didnt need to be reminded.
Stein was nearly in tears now, cradling the broke pieces against his chest. "You liar! I even showed you the first time when it was about the arm! You broke that one too, you animal! Why do you hate me so much?" All he'd ever wanted was to be a part of their family.
"Dude, are you really going to cry like a puthy? thuck it the fuck up, no one careth." Sawyer bristled at the boy, disliking the amount of blame Stein was putting on him.
"Pops, come on. Who do you believe? Im your thon! And heth a brat"
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:59 pm

"You know I want to believe you, Sawyer." Dallas shook his head as he tugged Stein into his arms, attempting to calm him. "But you can't expect me to believe you every single time when you pick a different fight every day. Stein has never lied to me, he hasn't given me a reason not to trust him." He let out a groan as he tried to figure out what to do. He knew Sawyer needed to be punished but no matter what punishment Dallas gave him, it never seemed to do shit.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Sawyer sneered at his father as the man pulled Stein into his arms, jealousy flaring up in his chest, igniting with his building anger and causing a small but violent explosion.
"And juth what in the fuck do you know about me picking fighth old man?" Sawyer was on his feet, fingers curling into fists at his side. "It'th not like you're ever around to thee them! Your fucking quick to take hith thide though! Juth becauth Thien ith thuch a fucking puthy! You need to thop babying him before you make it worthe!" It's not like Dallas ever babies him. "Fuck thith, popth. He can be your kid. I'm out!" And with that said, Sawyer shoved his way past Dallas, and out the front door.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 pm

"Sawyer!" Dallas called after his son, only cursing under his breath as he realized it was too late. He simply pressed Stein closer to him, stroking the boy's hair. "Relax kid. We're going to fix it. You and Law and your mom can go and fix it, alright? And I'll help if I can."
Sinclair only frowned at them, wanting to go after Sawyer but knowing it was better not to.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Stein also stared after Sawyer, astounded that the boy could be such an asshole, and then march off as though it was their fault.
"Its fine, Dallas. Really..." He didn't want to make it any worse, he knew it was probably already bad enough.
Slowly his eyes wondered to Sinclair, the frown on the boys face prompting him to push away from Dallas.
"Sinclair, Im really sorry about this. I guess I lost my temper too. Thanks for helping me though."

Sawyer had paused outside the home, waiting to see if anyone was going to come check on him. After five minutes of nothing, the boy finally cursed them all and headed out. He wasn't sure yet of what he was going to do, but he was definitely going to think of something, something so that his father hurt just as bad as he did.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:12 pm

"You didn't really do anything." Sinclair admitted, quite shocked to see Stein approaching him now. "Sawyer just likes to pick on you. I don't really know why but..." He trailed off lightly as he looked to the broken object in Stein's hands. "I'm sorry about your thing." Sinclair often sounded stupid with the simple and quiet way he spoke. But he was actually quite brilliant, just very awkward when it came to social interaction.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:17 pm

"Its okay, not your fault. In fact, I think it would have been worse if you hadn't been around." Sawyer, unlike the other wolves, didnt care if he hurt one of the humans, especially Stein. If not for Sinclair he could be seriously injured right now. "I would like to know what is problem is though...."
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:21 pm

"He doesn't like you because dad likes you so much." Sinclair spoke simply, glancing at the ground to avoid having to make eye contact with Stein. "He's jealous I think... but don't tell him I told you that." He murmured. "So do you think you'll be able to fix that?"
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:34 pm

"Yeah," Stein let out a heavy sigh, his eyes down cast as he examined the battered pieces of his machine. "It might take a while but its fixable...." The boy shuffled the parts, his eyebrows knitting together as he remembered something Jace had told him.
If he didnt want to be alone forever, he had to make an effort...Maybe make friends.
"Hey, Sinclair? Do you think you might want to help me fix it? Like, you know...together? Like friends?"

Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 pm

"Like friends." Sinclair repeated, thinking this over as he forced himself to look back up to Stein. "Yes... I can try and help. I mean, I don't do things like this a lot but I can try." The corners of his mouth turned up ever so slightly into a small smirk. "Now?"

Vincent Kennedy had decided to go out tonight. He decided that he deserved a nice treat for once. He'd just gotten out of yet another terrible relationship that had ended with Vince getting the shit beat out of him. He'd stayed home for a few weeks after that and now he was ready to go out again. Not looking for any sort of relationship of course, but just to have some fun.
He was alone, being all his friends had ditched him at one point or another during his last relationship when he had refused to take their advice and dump the guy.
He sat in an empty booth at the back corner of the club, slowly sipping on his drink.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:28 pm

"Now?" Stein repeated, almost as though he was surprised Sinclair had agreed at all. "Oh yeah, now is good. We can use your moms room." He tried not to seem too eager, but truly Stein found that he was excited to finally have company. "Here, lets go." Stein offered Sinclair his hand, not knowing how taboo it was to make physical contact with the boy.

Sawyer had stormed into the same bar, originally only to buy his first shot of alcohol. It didn't take him long to realize that he had hit the jackpot though. He caught a familiar scent, something he was sure he'd smelled on his father at some point, and for a moment he was hopeful, thinking Dallas had come after him. But soon he realized that not to be the case. Instead the scent was coming from a man sitting alone at the back of the bar. And not only that, but the guy reeked if loneliness. It was in that moment he realized just how lucky he was. That man had to be the famous Vince that his mother was always bitching about. His father's mate. The one that had been too good for Dallas.
Too good for his father. Even though he was angry at Dallas, the thought of anyone rejecting his father and causing him pain brought Sawyer an intense hatred.
Vince would pay for that.
And his father would pay for throwing him aside for Stein.
That was it. The young werewolf had decided.
Now all he had to do was make it work.
Sawyer made his way to the back of the bar, taking a moment to study Vince as he approached. The man smelled almost wounded....
All the better. When he laid down the charm, someone so desperate and pathetic as Vince was sure to fall for it.
"Excuthe me," The young wolf greeted as he neared. "But I couldn't help but notice thomeone ath beautiful ath yourthelf thitting all alone over here. I think ith my duty to give you thome company. That ith," Sawyer paused, forcing a smile to his face. "If you don't mind having me. "
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Sinclair instinctively pulled away from the boy's hand, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.
"I, uh, I'm not being rude I just... germs." He spoke simply, embarrassed at how stupid he sounded. "I don't like touching people, it's not you." He reassured as he led the way to Law's workroom.

Vince glanced up at the voice speaking, finding a soft smile for the boy in front of him. He was gorgeous, there was no denying that. Regardless, Vince knew he was not looking for another guy yet and was about to send Sawyer away when he stopped himself. Letting this guy sit here and flirt, maybe buy him a few drinks couldn't be that bad.
"Sure, sit down." He smiled softly. It was in his nature to flirt and he was always a sucker for guys with green eyes. "So why are you so alone that you decided to come over here?" He smirked.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:37 pm

"Oh." Stein looked down at his hands stupidly, embarrassment staining his cheeks pink. "Sorry, I should have known that." He had been around the boy ever since he'd been born, after all. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. " He was still rambling in an attempt to clarify himself and hopefully erase the humiliation. It was a wonder Sinclair touched Sawyer if he was concerned with germs. Who knows where that guy got off to.

"Eh," Sawyer was a seasoned liar, something he'd inherited from his mother. It only took him noticing the bright blue bruises coloring the mans arm for him to know just exactly where he was headed with this. "I had been in a relationthip until two dayth ago. Me and Conner got into a fight, he puthed me, and thath the end of that. I don't do abuthe, not with thomeone im thuppothed to love." The young wolf let out an almost mournfully sigh, his eyes downcast as though he were reliving some horrible memory.
"Thath over now. Im not even looking for a relationthip. I wath juth wanting thome company, and you looked like you could uthe thome yourthelf."
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 pm

"It's fine, really. You didn't know." Sinclair gave a reassuring smile as they arrived at his mother's workroom. "So, what do you want me to do?" He questioned, carefully taking one of the pieces from Stein's hand and lying it down on his mother's worktable, eyeing it closely.

Vince tilted his head slightly as he looked to the other boy. Thankfully for Sawyer, he did have a single bruise forming on his cheek from Stein that hadn't healed yet. It was enough to have Vince believing his story. Vince was simply a naive person. He wanted to believe everyone was telling him the truth.
"I'm kind of in that situation myself. That's weird." He smiled softly. "It's been about two weeks for me though. Just thought I'd get out of the house for a while, you know?" He stirred his drink slowly. "Sorry you had to go through that." Vince was simply such an easy target for abuse, willing to take anyone in after only minutes of knowing them, never questioning their sanity or intentions with him. Sawyer would have Vince's trust in no time and after he had that, Vince would not turn on him, even when Sawyer started to show his true colors. He tried to make relationships work as long as he possibly could, even when he was getting beaten every night. He hated to be alone so much that he'd take anyone that would have him.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 am

Stein let out a soft sigh, his mind back reeling as he tried to decide where they should even begin. "I guess the wires need to be reconnected before we start welding." It may not sound like much, but it as a long and tedious process. As he began moving cords around, he couldnt help but question Sinclair.
"So, not to pry or anything, and its totally fine if you done want to say, but can I ask why you dont mind touching Sawyer?" He didnt want to insult the boy and upset Sinclair, but he couldnt help but wonder.

"Oh yeah?" Sawyer made an effort to seemed surprised, as though he hadn't already made that assumption about the boy. "That thuckth. I can't believe anyone would lay a finger on thomeone ath thweet ath you." The young wolf made an attempt at a gentle smile, amazed that it worked out so well. "Pluth, putting a bruithe on a beauty thuch ath you ith criminal. Anyone would be lucky to have thomeone like you." Even as he spoke, his fingers twitched into a fist. This was the hardest part for him, being nice and giving petty compliments while all he truly wanted was to reach across the table and strangle the man then and there.
How dare such a pathetic weakling have so much power over his father.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Reynolds

Dallas Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am

Sinclair hummed softy as he attempted to help connect some of the wires.
"Sawyer is my brother... I let my parents touch me most of the time but there are sometimes when I only let Sawyer. He is just the closest person in the world to me and I know everyone says he's an asshole and I guess he is sometimes but he's always been sweet to me. You probably understand since you have Jace, twins share a certain bond I guess."

"You're good at flattering people, yeah?" Even though he could tell Sawyer was just trying to flirt, Vince couldn't help but smile at the compliments. "It's not really the first time it's happened either. I seem to attract douchebags." He spoke before finishing off his drink.
Back to top Go down
Piper Pinkman

Piper Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 am

"Hah. I love Jace to death but I don't see him much anymore." His brother had already moved out of their shared bedroom in favor of shacking up with Piper. " I guess I get what you're saying though. I'd do anything for Jace."

Sawyer almost slipped up, a scowl attempting to twist his features as Vince spoke of the 'douchebags' he'd been with, one of which had to be his father. "Oh yeah? Thath too bad. It theemeth like a fine guy thuch ath yourthelf wouldn't have any trouble finding thomeone to pamper and love them." The pup maintained a smile, crooked and angled like his mother's. "You juth tell me who thethe fuckerth are and I'll teach them a lethon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love Makes You Soft   Love Makes You Soft - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Love Makes You Soft
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next