Share | 

What Sarah Said

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trafalgar Law

PostSubject: What Sarah Said   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:21 pm

And it came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to father time
As I stared at my shoes in the ICU that reeked of piss and 409
And I rationed my breaths as I said to myself that I'd already taken too much today
As each descending peak on the LCD took you a little farther away from me
Away from me

Roman was standing outside Law's medical room, his forehead pressed against the door as he tried to gather what was happening.  Something was wrong.  He had known that before Law had ushered him out, promising that everything was fine.

Nothing was fucking fine.

Eight months ago, they had found out that he had slipped up.  Zach was carrying their third child.  He had known it would be bad the moment Law gave them the news, but he hadn't quite grasped the reality of how horrible it truly was.  His mate had never fully bounced back after having the twins.  The strain of carrying and delivering their first two children had put too much of a strain on his tiny mate.

Zach had failed to regain his strength, he was tired after a short walk up the stairs. But he had been getting better, not to the glorious condition he had been in before the twins, but still, Roman had noticed an improvement.  And then he fucked up and everything went down hill from there.

Zach had immediately lost all strength.  He was bedridden within the first three months.  He was losing weight even though he hardly left his bed, his body unable to keep the food down with the stress of harboring a pup.
By the time his eight month of pregnancy rolled around, Zach hadn't even been able to use the bathroom on his own, and nose bleeds plagued him constantly.

They had both known this was different.

Zach's body finally buckled earlier that morning, five weeks before his normal due date. Roman had been holding him when it happened.  They were holed up in Law's medical room, where Zach had been confined for months because of how high risk his pregnancy was. Naturally Roman  had moved in with him.  His mate had been sleeping, curled into a tiny ball at Roman's chest, his cheek resting against the mans shoulder.  Zach hadn't been sleeping for long when his body began convulsing, twisting and jerking wildly beyond his control.  And then the nose bleed hit him, and the pup was kicking so fucking hard, Roman  was certain he'd heard one of Zach's ribs crack.  He hadn't realized that he was screaming until nearly the entire pack had crowed around the room, Law being the first one on the scene.

He and Dallas had been ordered to move everyone away from the room while Law began his emergency procedure.  He refused to tell Roman exactly what he was doing, or why, only  that it was important and he didn't have time to fucking spell it out.  After that Law had taken to ignoring him completely.

Roman had knelled beside his mate, pressing the boys hands to his lips and praying, softly but sincerely.  For a time he'd actually believed it was going to be okay.  Law didn't seem to be alarmed, and Zach was constantly reassuring him that he felt fine.

It was fine.

And then Zach was losing consciousness, fading in and out while still mumbling soft words of comfort, and Law was cursing almost like he was in a panic.  The dark skinned man was growling for Dallas to get Roman out, even as he shoved the larger wolf to the door himself.

Amongst the vending machines and year-old magazines in a place where we only say goodbye
It stung like a violent wind that our memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds
But I knew that you were a truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all
And I looked around at all the eyes on the ground as the TV entertained itself

Roman was holding onto Zach's heartbeat, tapping his forehead against the wall with every soft thump.

thumpthump...taptap....thumpthump...taptap......Thump...Thump.....Taptap.......thump...tap.

"Zachariah!"  Roman's heart leapt into his throat, the missing sound of his mate's heart so alarming that Roman was unable to stop himself, he ripped Law's door off the hinges, sending it flying down the hall carelessly in his haste to get to his lovers side.
Zach's eyes were open and staring, but all the light was fading from them, leaving the boys eyes a darker shade of brown, nearly black.

No longer the doe color that Roman loved so well.
"Zach-" The man choked out, dropping to his knees at the boys side. "Zachariah? Baby, please talk to me! Zach?"  Roman's hands were all over the boys face, stroking and caressing as he begged for Zach's return.  A baby was crying, high pitched and loud from some corner of the room, but Roan couldn't find it in himself to care.  The light of his life was dying out. He was losing his mate.
losing him.

The thought was breath taking, causing sharp spasms in the werewolfs chest. "No! Please no! Zach no! Zachariah you have to be here! You have to come home with me, I can't live without you, Zach please!"

Law had been trying to prevent this spectacle.  That had failed him.  But he at least wanted to spare the larger werewolf of having to look into the boys eyes.  Law stepped up behind Roman's hunched form and reached out for Zach's face, his intentions only being to close the boys eyes, but his fingers were never able to graze skin.  Before he knew it Roman's fangs were on him, sinking into the flesh of his hand only to pop open and close again at his wist, shredding skin and flesh alike.

"Roman! Fucking hell! Let me go!"  Law took a deep breath, a vain attempt to stay calm as he tried to pull his hand away from the disoriented man.  He understood this grief.  He had lost a mate himself.

It didn't stop the anger that bubbled in his chest.
Roman wasn't letting him go.  If anything he seemed to bite down harder every time Law moved. Law had been getting ready to strike him when Roman finally caught sight of the doctors blood, dripping down onto his mates sweet face.  The large werewolf let go immediately, his attention fully taken with cleaning Zach's cheek and chin.

"Dallas!"  Law stumbled backwards, snarling softly as his hand throbbed. "Go get Jesse. I can't deal with him, oui!"

'Cause there's no comfort in the waiting room
Just nervous pacers bracing for bad news
And then the nurse comes round and everyone will lift their heads
But I'm thinking of what Sarah said that "Love is watching someone die"

Their child had been a boy, nine pounds and six ounces, and full blooded werewolf pup.

Roman spent two days wailing over Zach's body before Jesse finally decided that was enough, and forcibly drug the man away. He'd tried that day to get Roman to look at the pup, but the man refused.  He swore it was all the pups fault that his mate was gone, promised he would never touch it.

It took him two full weeks to come around.  Law and Dallas had been taking care of the child at the time.  Roman had even been considering the prospect of taking the pup home.  It was Zach's baby too, after all.  But the moment he set eyes on the pup it was over.  The boys eyes were too brown, too much like his mothers, and the curve of his cheek, his nose, the way dimples formed just at the corner of his cheek when he smiled.

It was too much for Roman to bare.

Instead the pup was given too Chandler, someone Roman knew Zach would have trusted.  

So who's going to watch you die?..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had nowhere else to go with the ending so I just left it like this
Plus I dont have anymore ideas.
I just really liked the song hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What Sarah Said
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1