Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheap Thrills

Go down 
+2
Boyd Odair
Oleander Taylor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Cheap Thrills - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Galileo sits quietly, absolutely dumbfounded as Jett exchanges harsh words with the bartender. He's on the edge of being too drunk to make it home, just sober enough to understand that someone was flirting with him and Jett had put an abrupt halt to it.
The man's smile is absolutely genuine, fangs glinting lowly under the fluorescent lights.
"I'ppreciate that. Didn't want 'er touchin' me." Galileo sways in his seat, uses the bar to try and steady himself. "She smelled like chem'cals." Unlike Jett who always smelled of fresh coffee.
Gally watches as the boy takes up another shot, completely taken off guard when Jett mentions wanting to fight the bartender over making sex eyes at him.
Were they sex eyes? Galileo can't remember. All he knows is that her hand's are bonier than Jett's hands and he'd barely even glanced at her face.
"Don't know nothin' bout that." The man sucks in a deep breath, and he's so drunk and his brain is so busted, he's about to tell Jett how he'd wanted to knock a few heads in himself earlier, when they'd been on the dance floor and he'd caught all those people staring at the boy's ass.
Before he can get a word out Gally catches a glimpse of the boys face, voice dying in his throat as he takes in a look he knows all too well.
Fight or flight.
Oh fuck.
The boy stands abruptly, turns away too quickly to see that Galileo has reached out a hand to try and stop him. He misses Jett by only inches.
"Fuck, fuck, fucking fuck." Gally curses himself out loud, forehead falling to rest uselessly against the bartop. He's too sloshed to understand what had happened, what he could have done to cause that look to come over Jett's face.
Fuck it. They don't apologize but he's going to have to suck it up and say sorry anyways. This night can't end like that, with Jett looking so lost and bothered.
And fuck him for caring about how upset Jett seemed. He's going to wind up getting his shit wrecked but it doesn't even matter anymore because they danced and nothing can take that away from him.
Gally isn't sure how long Jett's been gone, only knows that as the minutes tick by he slowly starts to zone out. His head hurts too much for him to keep anchored here without Jett, and the alcohol is helping his mind wander. Usually he'd feel waves, hear water crash on rock or feel a current taking him away. This time there is no water. Galileo is spinning, spinning, and he never gets dizzy because he remembers the weight of Jett in his arms.
By the time the boy actually comes striding from the bathroom Gally isn't sure if he's real or not. Jett catches his eye though, and Galileo knows that no illusion could ever be so fierce. He's trying to work up some sort of apology, doesn't expect for there to suddenly be hands on his cheeks, framing his face. Jett pulls him into a kiss and Galileo goes willingly, his arms winding possessively around the boys waist. One hand drifts to the nape of Jett's neck, fingers digging gently into skin. Fuck, he doesn't want this moment to end. He could suffocate here and now and it would be okay because Jett's mouth is so soft.
When they separate Gally has to bite his tongue to keep from whining at the loss on contact.  One hand is resting at Jett's lower back, fingers tangled in red fabric. In all honestly he wants to take the boy back to that bathroom and pull the shirt right off him.  That can't happen though.  No matter what he says Galileo has respect for Jett, too much to let him be undressed in a grubby bar bathroom.
"How 'bout we go be drunk in bed?" The boy's just kissed him senseless and still Galileo holds his breath, knows Jett's mood can change at any time.

Cash is surprised to have this young boy try and comfort him. His parents may have been gone but they weren't in the armed forces, there was no worry that they wouldn't eventually show up again. The man can feel his face flush. He should be the one comforting Malakai right now, not the other way around.
He's blowing this spectacularly.
At least the boy is nineteen. Cash would feel better about himself if the boy were a year older though. Despite what Malakai says he still feels slightly...creepish.
Oh, if only his ex wife could see him now. She and Sloan would have a field day.
"I'd take you to the art exhibit no matter what, but I want you to understand that im alot older than you." Hell, for all he knows Malakai is well aware of his age. It wouldn't be hard for a pretty boy like him to score a sugar daddy as his brother had.
Jesus, that makes him feel dirty.
"You're technically an adult though so if you're still interested then so am I."  He's just got to figure out how to navigate this without taking advantage in any way.  "But this is only if you promise that If at any point you become uncomfortable you'll tell me straight away."  Cash thinks about all the press that is sure to be there, waiting to take pictures of the newly divorced Kensington heir. News of it will break sometime tomorrow.  They will be all over Malakai should the boy still want to attend.
"There's probably one more thing I should tell you before you agree to this." Cash grimaces, his tongue suddenly heavy.  It's only now that he realizes he hasn't told anyone. This will be the first time he says it out loud.
"I was married." The man blurts the words, cringing at how terrible they sound in the open air.  He's quick to try again.  "I was and now i'm not.  My divorce was finalized this morning and no one will know about it until tomorrow."  Cash exhales slowly, fingers fiddling with one of his silver cufflinks. It's shameful to say aloud but he's gone this far, might as well get it all out.  "I would have mentioned this earlier but...I was being selfish I suppose.  You are such good company and I was afraid you'd be less interested if you knew.  But you deserve all the information and that's it.  If you accompany me tomorrow there are sure to be photographers waiting outside.  Your picture might even show up on the news if its scandalous enough."  The man risks a glance at Malakai's face, trying to gauge how badly this has ruined his chances.  It's hard to look into the boy's eyes and imagine never seeing them again.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:48 am

It’s all Jett can do to keep himself from stripping right here in the middle of the bar. He has no clue how he’s supposed to wait until they get home to rip Gally’s clothes off of him. He has to be good but fuck, Gally still looks good and the man’s hand is still resting in the small of his back and god, he wants to throw him down right here.
“Mhm.” He responds, capturing another quick but deep kiss before forcing himself to pull away for good this time. “Okay, bed sounds good. But I really wish we were there now.” Jett almost whines. The alcohol has finally succeeded in relaxing him. Gally is surely too drunk to remember anything he does now anyway, so why not enjoy it?
He looks around for Ollie and Mal. He’ll have to ask if either of them is sober enough to drive or else they’ll have to call an Uber. He knows what Ollie and Mal normally do when they’re out late and too drunk to drive. They merely call their father to come get them but no way in hell is he calling Eustass when he’s this sloshed and he can’t seem to keep his hands off of Gally. Even he isn’t drunk enough to think that’s a good idea. He knows he has to find the twins now but that also means he’ll have to control himself until they get home. So before they have to stop the fun, he leans into Gally one last time.
“Leo, I’m barely gonna make it so you better be ready to fuck my brains out when we get home.”
Without pausing for a response, he makes his way towards where he has noticed a shock of red hair sitting at the bar.
Mal is talking to a handsome older man in a suit worth more than Jett’s entire wardrobe.
“Well damn. You go, Mal.” He murmurs, more to himself than anything before moving over to Ollie who sits two seats down, looking miserable. He knows he will owe the boy an apology in the morning for dragging him along and abandoning him. But right now, none of that matters.
“Ollie, babe. How fucked up are you? Are you good to drive or do I have to get myself a ride home? Because I need to get home like... now. It’s an emergency.” Jett smiles sweetly at the boy, batting his eyelashes. “Not like a life or death emergency. I don’t want to give you details because you told me you’d vomit if I talked about having sex with Leo but uh... oh, oops, I guess I told you anyways.” Jett can’t help but laugh at himself, slumps over onto Ollie’s shoulder because it’s simply too much energy to keep himself upright for too long.

Malakai listens to Cash speak with a calm look, nodding occasionally. Finally, when the man is finished, he speaks.
“Well, first of all, I do promise to tell you if I’m ever uncomfortable but you’re not some weird child predator, Cash.” He chuckles softly, looking up at the man reassuringly. “I promise, I’d tell you if you were even a little bit weird. You’ve been nothing but respectful so far. And I’m sorry about the divorce, I’m sure that’s not a fun thing to go through. Don’t worry about not telling me, we were practically strangers. I’m sure you don’t go around broadcasting it to everyone.” Mal finds he’s speaking almost teasingly, feeling at ease with this man already. “With all that out of the way, I’m definitely still interested in accompanying you tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting to be the subject of tabloids but I’ll just have to make sure I look my best.” He flashes his teeth in a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 2:01 am

Oleander doesn't have the energy to be angry with Jett. If anything he envies his friend. Jett's relationship with Galileo might be fucked on every level but at least its a relationship. They can deny it all they want but Ollie had been watching them all night, he hadn't had anything else to do with his time. Nikita doesn't talk to him anymore and Carter is with his husband. Oleander had watched them dance and drink, saw when the bartender got a little too handsy with Gally and sent Jett into a rage.
Jesus, he wishes there was someone who loved him like that.
"Im sadly sober." Cash bought him a drink but Ollie hasn't touched it. "I figured you and your Leo would be needing a ride home." There is no malice in his voice, no hint of teasing. Oleander might not understand what Jett has with Gally but he hasn't seen his friend this happy in a long time. He doesn't have it in him to ruin this.
"Get your shit and go to the car. I'm coming." Oleander looks up to see that Galileo has wandered over. He's got Jett's jacket in one hand and a crumpled receipt in the other. By the looks of it they really are in a hurry.
"C'mon tulip, i'll walk you out." The man pockets his change in order to free up a hand. He doesn't offer Jett his arm as he had in the beginning of the night, instead snagging the boy around his waist as if he'd been doing it for years. "You can lean on me, I don't mind." His words are slightly slurred but he stands straight enough, carefully walking them outside while Oleander stays to collect his brother.
Cash is smiling when he gets there. The man is looking at Malakai so softly, Ollie almost feels bad for wrecking the moment.
"Alright Mal, time to go." He taps his brother on the shoulder, not missing the way Cash seems to deflate slightly. "I think the bar is closing soon anyways." That's not a lie. They have all of thirty minutes until the doors lock. It came over the speaker awhile ago but everyone else was too drunk and in love to notice.
Cash reaches for Malakai's hand, every bit a gentleman as he leans down and presses soft kisses to the boys knuckles.
"I will come pick you up around six tomorrow if that's alright." The man reaches into his coat pocket, soon producing a shiny silver business card with his name and number on it. He'd come from work so luckily he also has a pen, uses it to write down his personal number above the one used for business.
"Call me. It doesn't have to be about the exhibit." Cash hands it over, fingers lingering against Malakai's for a moment longer than necessary.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Jett had watched Gally approach, frowning at the sight of the long receipt.
“M’gonna pay you back for my half, you were only supposed to pay for one.” He slurs, practically falls into the man when he wraps an arm around his waist. “Yeah, I think I will lean on you. You smell good.” He murmurs absentmindedly, lying his head on Gally’s shoulder and leaning most of his weight into him. He had been so worried about scolding the man for paying that only now does he register what he had said, the nickname he had used. “Hey, you called me tulip.” He states it as if he’s telling the man something, even though surely he knows what he had said. “Sounds like some stupid southern shit you’d say. But I think I kinda like it.” As they walk to the car, Jett is thankful that Gally is so sturdy because tonight, he is the opposite. He’s surely been drunker than this before. His mind is still processing properly and he thinks he’ll still remember this in the morning but fuck, he’s so dizzy. He doesn’t complain when Gally opens the door for him to the backseat of Ollie’s car, even lets the man help him inside.

Malakai practically swoons when Cash kisses his hand, feels butterflies soaring in his stomach.
“I’ll call.” He assures softly. “Thank you for the drinks.”
With that, he reluctantly bids the man goodbye, though he doesn’t tear his eyes away until Ollie forcibly tugs him out the front doors.
“Isn’t he so amazing?” Mal sighs dreamily as they make their way to the car. He practically has literal hearts in his eyes as he clutches the business card to his chest. Tonight had been a dream come true.
By the time they make it to the car, Gally and Jett are situated in the back, Jett’s head curled into the crook of Gally’s neck.
Mal takes a peek back at them as he gets in the passenger seat, glancing over to Ollie with wide eyes. He himself isn’t too drunk, only buzzed. He is sober enough to know this is weird.
“Maybe we should get them drunk more often.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 8:42 pm

"You can pay me back when we get home." Galileo huffs fondly, his fingers tightening around Jett's hip.  "Some things are worth more than money."  His momma told him that once.  Turns out to be the truest thing he's ever heard.  Jett leans into him and the weight is a welcome warmth.  The boy might be tall as all hell but he's never been heavy.
Galileo shudders at the sensation of  Jett's nose in the crook of his neck. The boy's breath is hot against his skin.
"I wore cologne."  He blurts the words, stupidly happy to know it had actually worked. "Bought it when I went an' got your shirt."   They are finally nearing the car.  Galileo is careful about opening the door, braces Jett on one shoulder to keep the boy supported.  
He's already forgotten about the little nickname when Jett speaks up about it.
"There was a flower shop next door." Gally explains gruffly, all the while making sure to cup the back of Jett's head while settling him into the back seat.  He hopes he doesn't remember this part tomorrow, how he's so drunk he's swaying without the extra weight and still all his fucked up brain can think about is protecting Jett's head. He doesn't want the boy to have migraines.
Fuck, he used to wish that pain on Jett.  And now here he is, defending against it.
"I got you this shirt because it was the only color I could actually see.  And then I came out and they had flowers.  Dark roses and daffodils, all sorts of shit.  It was all grey except for the tulips."  He says it as though it were no big deal, as if his breath hadn't caught at the sight of them.  He hadn't actually seen a flower in color since Thatcher and Eustass pulled him from that alley.  
"They were just the right shade of red, and I almost bought them because they made me think of you." Galileo is looking down at his boots, forehead creased in something akin to shame.  "I ain't supposed to think about you though so I didn't buy 'em." The man crawls in next to Jett, tugging at the boys bicep until he falls willingly back to resting against Gally's shoulder. It's quiet for a time, until The man whispers just under his breath.
"I should'a bought em'."

"Yeah, he's amazing."  Oleander resists the urge to rolls his eyes.  He's actually really happy for Malakai.  If things go well his brother will be doing a lot better than he is in the love department.  Ollie had heard Cash mention being newly divorced, something he's already given up on with Carter.  
Oleander doesn't bother glancing into the back seat, he can already guess what it looks like back there.  Instead the boy slides into the driver side while Malakai peeks into the back.  
"Maybe we should."  Ollie finds himself begrudgingly agreeing with his brother.  This night had been terrible for him but everyone else is happy and he while he didn't have a good time he wasn't alone either. That's good enough for Oleander.
He puts the car into drive and heads for home.  Eustass had text earlier but Ollie assured him everything was fine, he'd make sure they were safe.
"Im glad at least one of us is making progress with a Kensington." Oleander tries to make small talk, knows that Malakai must be dying to tell someone about the night he's had.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Jett listens to the man speak and his heart seems to beat just a tiny bit faster, butterflies stirring in his stomach. Normally this is when he would panic and say something rude. But drunk him seems to enjoy the feeling. Gally had seen flowers and thought of him, still remembered the moment enough to use it as a nickname. He isn’t sure why he’s so touched but he can’t seem to shake it.
“Next time buy them. I like flowers.” He hums softly, tracing a finger along the man’s strong jawline. He’s never so touchy but he likes using drunkenness as an excuse to do it. Truly, he always wants to be touching Gally. “I didn’t know you couldn’t see colors.” He informs, voice gentle in a way that it never is, especially not around Gally. “Nothing but reds? That sounds like it sucks.”

Malakai beams as his brother finally gives him an opening to gush about his night. But then he catches the look on the boys face, stops and reaches out to pat his shoulder.
“Hey, don’t count yourself out yet. Carter is crazy about you. He was crazy enough to stand up to dad about it. He’s over almost every day despite the fact that he’s got a husband. I think you just might have more of a shot than you think. He’d be insane not to love you.” Normally, Ollie is the one who comforts him but he wants to try to be there for him for once. The boy clearly needs somebody. Mal knows he’s been having a rough time lately.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 am

Galileo tenses as he realizes what he's done. He'd never meant to let any real information slip, and it might've been frightening enough to make him pull away if not for Jett's fingertips against his jaw. The touch is soothing in a way that keeps him grounded, allows him the courage to continue. "It's mostly all greyscale, 'cept for certain shades I reckon." He'd seen yellow while on the way to work once, in a lady's umbrella. "Took that for granted. Colors don't seem important til they're gone." He can still close his eyes sometimes and see Thatcher's face there, the last bit of real color in his world. The man looks down at Jett's head resting on his shoulder. The boy is so sloshed he's lost all inhibitions. Gally gazes at the boys face and figures he wont remember any of this in the morning, might as well take advantage.
"That's why I want you to tell me about your eyes. I uh, I always wondered about 'em. Once I even heard Eustass say they are blue but that ain't enough." Galileo aches to know the exact shade. Are they like bright like Thatcher's had been or deep blue like the ocean? These are the questions that keep him awake at night.

Oleander can't help but smile. He knows that Malakai would rather be talking about Cash right now. He hadn't realized he'd been making a face but it warms his heart knowing Malakai cares enough to put his boy situation aside.
"I know, Carter's cool." Oleander knows it seems as though he's living a charmed life as a mistress but honestly it's starting to wear him down. He's finally come to realize that he's just kinda like a vacation the man takes when he's bored of his real life. It's cool though. Except now Nikita isn't talking to him. He hadn't realized that seeing Carter would cost him Nikky's friendship. It's humiliating knowing he'd turn down a millionaire just so Nikita would be his friend. That option isn't on the table anymore though, not after everything they've said to each other out of spite.
"Tell me about Cash though. I heard him say he's more or less single." Oleander makes a turn towards home. "I don't even think Carter knows that."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 2:16 am

Jett’s lips are quirked into a tiny little frown as Gally speaks about not seeing color any longer. It’s just strange to him, thinking that he had spent so many nights with the man and hadn’t known something so important. He doesn’t really know him that well at all, does he?
“My eyes?” Jett blinks as he considers the request. “They’re nothing special. Sorry to let you down. You’re right, they’re blue. Not the pretty blue though, not that really bright blue like sapphires. They’re darker. Deep blue, kind of like the ocean. They’re just plain though, boring. Yours are better. Anyone tell you your eyes are pretty? They have little flecks in them, gold ones. I like them but I should probably not tell you that, I guess. I forgot I’m supposed to be mean. Or else you’ll start thinking I don’t hate you anymore.” He sighs, half teasing as he glances up at the other man.

Malakai merely stares at Ollie for a moment, trying to judge if he is really okay or not. The answer he comes up with is that he’s definitely not but he’s also not going to talk right now, so he might as well let his brother change the subject.
“He is single.” Mal nods, smiling softly at the thought. “His divorce was finalized this morning but it’s going public tomorrow. Apparently it’s going to be a pretty big deal because he warned me if we go out tomorrow night I might have to deal with the press.” Obviously he is not happy about the man having to suffer through a divorce and then have reporters swarm all over him, questioning him about what is obviously a sore subject. But he can’t lie, a tiny part of him feels giddy thinking of the headlines tomorrow including him. He can practically see them now. Newly divorced Kensington heir seen moving on already? Surely it will be scandalous for him to be seen with someone so young. He hopes it is a good kind of scandalous, though, making Cash seem desirable instead of desperate. “I want to go shopping tomorrow, make sure I’m looking my best so I don’t embarrass him or anything.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pm

"Mhmm that's good. I like to imagine 'em blue as the ocean." Galileo catches one of Jett's hands, presses a strangely tender kiss to the boys palm before placing it against his temple. "Not the surface blue though, its the kind you see when you're way past land. You look down and it's just an abyss of blue, so deep and endless. It's terrifying to look at, but it was my favorite thing as a kid. I knew something could come up outta that water and get me at any time but I reckon that was the thrill of it." Galileo chuckles softly, the familiar dimple appearing in his cheek. He's not expecting the boy to pay him any compliments, especially on his eyes. It causes his smile to fall slightly, eyebrows drawing together as they do when he gets to thinking too hard.
"My eyes ain't nothing special." Galileo says the words a little more harshly than he meant to. The man rubs the back of his neck sheepishly, his voice softer when he says, "They're my pa's eyes." Jett wouldn't understand why that makes him so resentful and Gally doesn't like to talk about his family. He likes listening to Jett talk more. The boy is incredibly honest when he's drunk.
"Anyhow, don't you worry your little spiteful heart about that tulip. I know come tomorrow you'll hate my guts again and i'll probably go back to hatin' yours. Jus' promise me that every now an' again you'll say yes when I ask you to drinks."

Oleander snorts softly, careful to keep his eyes on the road. Later he'll have to call Carter and ask more questions about Cash before Malakai gets too attached. The man is just getting out of a marriage after all. Ollie would be pissed to see his brother's heart broken. He's already sure to be called a rebound in the tabloids.
"I'll take you shopping. Don't be surprised when Cash shows up early with something for you to wear though." It's never happened to him personally but Ollie loves rich people rom coms and Cash is a signature prince charming. "Im sure he'd want you to be extra fancy if the press is going to be there. The Kensington family is pretty famous." Oleander had been to meet Carter's family before but he's never actually seen the press. It would be a disaster for someone to snap a photo of them together.
"I hear good things about Cash. Their mom brags on him constantly. I don't know how she'd take the divorce though so like, be prepared for that." Ollie wants Malakai to know what he's getting into with these people.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 am

Jett listens to Gally speak about the ocean, finds himself calmed by it, even in that accent he claims to hate. He doesn’t even protest when the man takes his hand, places it on his temple. Quite the opposite, actually. He takes up caressing small circles into the area.
He hadn’t known the man would be so offended by the compliment on his eyes. He’s curious but decides to save it for later although he knows he probably won’t remember. Right now, he doesn’t want to make the man upset. He wants to enjoy their temporary drunken truce. Then Gally mentions his “spiteful little heart” and he can’t help but laugh softly.
“I really am spiteful, huh? I’m kind of a pain in the ass, I’m surprised you want to go out for more drinks. But I guess that’s your choice. Its probably the biggest mistake you’ll ever make but sure, I’ll go sometimes. Tonight wasn’t horrible.”

“Oh god, I didn’t even think about his family probably being there.” Mal whines softly. “I don’t wanna meet the parents yet, it’s a first date. His mother sounds terrifying.” He had heard Carter’s horror stories while preparing Ollie. Luckily, she had loved Ollie immediately. But apparently he was the first boy either of her sons had brought home that Mrs. Kensington approved of. So Mal was not hopeful about that. “But do you really think he would bring something for me to wear? You might be right, I know Carter takes you to get fitted for those fancy suits before you go to one of his events. Maybe I’ll call him in the morning and ask, just to be safe.” With his luck, he’d go shopping and splurge on some extravagant outfit only for it to be all wrong in the eyes of the Kensingtons.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 am

Galileo snorts softly, his arm tightening around Jett's waist. "You are definitely the biggest mistake of my life and that's probably an understatement." The man lets out a soft hum, content with Jett's hand against his temple. "It sure ain't gon stop me from findin' my way into your bed tonight." Gally flashes a teasing smirk. "You pay for drinks next time though."

Ollie pulls into their driveway, relieved to finally be home. "Im sure he will but its always good to ask I guess." The lights are still on inside, and he's certain he saw Eustass's frame in the window. The alpha is no doubt peeking out at them. "Looks like daddy dearest waited up on us." The words are touched with fond exasperation. Even if no one loved him romantically he'd always have his little family. "You'll have to explain this to him so he doesn't see you on the news and lose his shit." Eustass is sure to take this better than he had the Carter situation. Cash might be a lot older than Mal but there's no adultery going on.
"Come on, you grab Gally and i'll get Jett. Dad will be pissed if he sees them all loved up on eachother." Olander waits until Eustass's face disappears from the window before opening his door and quickly heading for the backseat.
"C'mon slutpuppy. We gotta get you inside and up to bed before dad smells all the trailer trash on you."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:04 am

Jett whines softly when the door is opened and he feels Ollie’s hand in his own, urging him up.
“Why can’t dad go to bed? I wanted to make Leo carry me. My legs don’t work.” He sighs as he sits upright, slowly makes his way out of the car, leaning heavily on his best friend. Even in his drunken state he remembers that no one else can see him with Gally, especially not Eustass. He’s hardly ready to admit these feelings to himself, he’s certainly not ready for everyone else to know. They make their way inside clumsily, with Ollie supporting most of his weight. “Hi, dad. M’a little sleepy and very drunk so I’ll see you tomorrow, love you.” He smiles tiredly at the man on his way towards the stairs, feeling the urge to hug him but remembering Ollie’s words. The alpha would definitely smell Gally all over him if he didn’t already.
Mal had already given Gally a hand out of the car, although he’s fairly certain the man could handle on his own. On all their nights out together, he had never seen the beta so drunk that he couldn’t walk without stumbling. Gally is nothing if not sturdy, reliable. It’s one of the reasons why Mal clings to him so much. He needs something solid in his life.
“I’ve gotta talk to daddy and if you’re lucky, it might just distract him enough that you can sneak into Jett’s room.” He smirks, knows that the two had barely been able to keep their hands off of each other on the ride home. “So you better get up there, cowboy. Don’t walk too fast though, I can’t catch your heavy ass if you fall.” Malakai helps the man through the door, sending him up the stairs with a kiss to the cheek before turning to his father. He takes a moment to compose himself, making sure he doesn’t look too inebriated.
“Hey daddy. Thanks for waiting up for us.” He smiles softly at his father, moving to lean into the alpha’s chest. “I’m glad you did because I have so much to tell you. You’ll never guess who we ran into at the club.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 7:41 pm

The alpha might've tried to hug Jett had the boy not slipped by him so quickly.  Ollie helps him up the stairs, promising to come back down and tell Eustass about their night later.  
To his relief Malakai stops, smiling softly like his mother.  The young wolf leans into his chest and Eustass almost aches with the affection it causes.  Malakai has always been his sweetest boy.
"Oh, I have a few guesses ya." Eustass's arms close instinctively around his child, nose twitching as he inhales the scent of Mal, booze and Kensington.  It must have been the older brother.  Carter has never smelled of this certain cologne.  
"I'll let you tell me though.  Who was it?" Eustass waits patiently for the gushing to start, always so proud whenever Malakai decides to share something personal with him.

Galileo makes his way up the staircase without incident.  The alpha hadn't so much as glanced at him, more worried about his children and how they made it home. Gally is glad for the cover.
He slips into Jett's room without knocking.  There's a strange urge that keeps him going,  like a tug in his gut.  Galileo is too drunk to question it.
He grins at the sight of the boy.
"Hey there tulip." The door clicks shut softly behind him. Gally's been wanting to get Jett alone in this room all damn day but now that he's here all he can do is stare. Everything is black and blurry except for the outline of Jett's face.
Gally reaches for the boy, surprised by how everything comes back into focus when they touch. He should probably be used to it by now but something about Jett always sets his pulse to racing.
"Lose those clothes darlin'."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 10:16 pm

“Cash!” Malakai practically beams at his father. “Carters older brother, you remember him, right? The more handsome one who was super respectful?” The redhead almost laughs as he reminds his father of all of Cash’s positive traits, clearly buttering the man up for what he is about to say next. “We talked all night. And he invited me to come to this super fancy exclusive art exhibit with him tomorrow. Like as his date, daddy!” He mockingly swoons, falls back into the alpha’s arms. “And of course, I told him I would love to but I can’t say anything for sure until I have the approval of my father. So you would totally let me go, right?” Mal bats his eyelashes, clasping his hands together in front of him.

Jett has never felt more like a teenage girl in some stupid high school movie than he did in that moment, waiting with bated breath for Gally to sneak into his bedroom.
The door opens and he can hardly contain himself, is climbing up to kneel on the edge of the bed to meet the man. Pale slender fingers are landing on Gally’s cheeks then, hastily pulling him in for a sloppy drunken kiss. He smiles into it, is so far gone he thinks Gally won’t notice.
“For a stupid hillbilly with a bad attitude, you shouldn’t be so hot.” He murmurs when he pulls back, staring at the man in such a way that it’s not clear if he were meant to hear these words or not. “Damn, Leo. I don’t know if you look so good because I’m fucking hammered or if blue is just really your color.” He reaches out, runs his hands down the man’s chest before he begins undoing the buttons of the flannel. He takes a pause to drink in the view when the last one is undone, tongue snaking out to wet his lips as he admires it. Then he moves to grasp the bottom of his own shirt. He takes it off like he’s unwrapping a present because he knows that he is, knows Gally should be grateful every night he is in his bed. He fixes Gally with a sly smile, ocean blue eyes teasing. “Now remember, we have to be quiet. Dad could hear us.” Jett can’t help but giggle in his drunken state because they both know damn well he is the only one who will have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

Several weeks pass and not much changes. Jett still spends nearly every night in Gally’s bed, everyone else still believes they hate each other. It’s become the routine.
This morning Jett wakes with his face tucked against Gally’s bare side, not an unusual occurrence.
“Hey there, sleepin beauty.” Gally’s voice is still gravelly with sleep even though he’d been awake for a while now.
Jett considers pretending he’s still asleep, enjoying the peace for a bit longer.
A beat of silence.
“Morning.” Jett grunts finally, rolls over and stretches obscenely before settling back against the pillows beside the other man.
He rubs sleep out of his eyes, glances between Gally, the digital clock on his bedside, and the rising sun streaming in through the window.
It’s almost time for the man to get ready for work. By his judgement, he’s got about twenty minutes left to embrace the warmth. He leans over, nimble fingers cradling Gally’s jaw to pull him in for an almost sweet good morning kiss.
Then he lays back down, staring off into the distance and enjoying the last few moments of cuddling before Gally has to leave and everyone else starts to wake up. When they have to go back to their normal lives, leave their own little secret world that only exists at night in the privacy of this bedroom.
A peaceful silence falls over the room for a few more minutes, Jett even allowing his hand to rest on the man’s arm. He hates his desire to always be touching the fucker somehow but he’s learned to stop fighting it by now.
He feels Gally’s eyes on him, purposely looks the other direction.
“Hey, Jones?” Gally’s voice breaks the silence.
“Yeah, Leo?” Jett still doesn’t look at him, focuses on the clock on the nightstand instead.
Ten minutes.
“You ever think about... us?”
It doesn’t show on his face but Jett feels his blood run cold at the question. Because he’s been wondering when this conversation was coming. Shit, he knew it had to happen sometime but did it have to be today? He doesn’t even hesitate before giving his answer.
“Not really. What’s there to think about?”
It’s a lie. The words feel heavy coming out of his mouth as he tries to act nonchalant. He prays Gally won’t notice that he’s actively avoiding eye contact because he’s a filthy fucking liar. “Us” is all he’s been able to think of for every waking moment of the past month.
“Well, for starters, what even are we?” Gally is looking at him, he can feel it. The man is staring and he knows if he looks back, the bastard will be able to see right through him. He’ll see how often he’s thought about this, how he’s spent hours trying to decide if he’s insane or if there could really be something between them. Jett tries to avoid the urge to pick at his nails, knows that if he does the man will know something is wrong.
“What are we? I thought we had that covered? What are you talking about?” Jett scoffs.
Oh god, here it comes. He can feel the meanness before it happens, coiling in his chest like a rattlesnake about to strike. It’s a defense mechanism, it’s what he does. He’s like a ticking bomb ready to go off at any moment. He feels vulnerable? Weak? Embarrassed?
Boom.
And god help anyone who happens to be nearby when he explodes.
“We’re fucking. That’s all, end of story. We’re not anything more than that. Think you understand that now?” Jett tries to stop the words from coming but it’s too late. There’s no taking this back now.
All is silent for a moment.
Then Gally is moving, getting out of the bed altogether and gathering his clothes.
“Yeah, I reckon I got it now. You’re right, it was pretty clear. I’d have to be a moron to think it was anything else.”
Jett finally looks at him now and wishes he hadn’t. Because fuck, he’s got this stupid look on his face that makes Jett’s entire stomach twist in agony.
“Well, I’ll see ya tonight then, Jones.”
And then he’s gone.

Sometime that afternoon, Jett sits cross legged on his best friend’s bed, staring down into his lap.
“So yeah, that happened.” He finishes recounting the story to Ollie, finally chances a glance up at the boy, sure he’ll see disappointment and shock and disgust in his face all at once. “I fucking hate myself.” He sighs dramatically, lying back so his head rests in the blonde’s lap. “I just kinda panicked. Because truth is, I uh... have been thinking about it too, a lot.” He feels his pulse escalating as he finally prepares to admit it out loud. “I... don’t really hate him anymore. I kind of like him, actually.” Jett feels like a weight has been lifted off his chest, finally admitting his feelings to someone. All the secrets he’s been carrying around for months now. He knows that Ollie probably knows already, but this is different. He’s finally saying it, accepting it. “And the thought of not doing this anymore, whatever it is we’re doing, terrifies me. But... and I know this is gonna make me sound like a headcase but you already know I’m batshit so here goes. I just can’t trust him. I fucking want to and I try and then I get paranoid.” He pauses before saying the last part in a much softer voice, one he hardly ever uses. “What if it’s all a big joke? What if he’s been fucking with me this whole time and the second I let things get serious he laughs in my face?” His shoulders are tense, refusing to meet his friend’s eyes. Being vulnerable is not something he likes to do and goddamn, he’s been doing a lot of it lately. “I’ve still got the power right now. If I open up, then he’s got all of it.”

Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Oleander guessed they'd had some kind of lovers quarrel considering how early it was when Jett waltzed into his room.  Surprisingly he hadn't heard any yelling.  There's always raised tones when Gally and Jett go at it.  He understands the silence once Jett starts explaining.
Well this is certainty new.
Ollie's nose is scrunched as Jett finishes his vivid retelling, disgust lining delicate features. He'd already known the beta was in over his head but hearing Jett actually admit it is a shock to his system. Saying the words out loud makes it real.
Oh.
This might be worse than he thought. Oleander cards his fingers through the boys hair, lips twisted in pity.  Before he's had a chance to process Jett continues, voice so soft and sad it takes Oleander's breath away.  He wants to throat punch that southern spit fuck for making his best friend feel so vulnerable.
"First of all, if he ever pulled a stunt like that i'd let daddy kill him." Ollie gently tugs at Jett's hair. "I'd do it myself but dad would make it hurt more." The boy smiles but it doesn't quite reach his eyes.
"I get what you're saying about giving that low life power over you though."  Oleander had given so many pieces of himself to Nikita over the years.  Now that they're estranged he realizes how weak he'd become. Nikky somehow got all the best parts of him. Without the Russian around Ollie hardly recognizes himself.
"Sorry to disappoint but I don't have any quick fixes for that. I really wish I did." Ollie leans back into the pillows, hands still trailing idly through black curls.
"You could always be the one to laugh in his face first."  It's meant to be a joke but there is an undercurrent of seriousness embedded in the words. "That would really stick in his craw." Oleander mocks the mans accent, rolling his eyes at the thought of how Gally had left Jett alone this morning just because his little feelings had been hurt.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 2:55 pm

Jett listens to his friend’s words, sighing and giving a feeble smile when he’s finished. He feels disappointment settling in his stomach. He knows it’s not fair to expect Ollie to have a miracle solution to all his problems but he couldn’t help getting his hopes up.
“Yeah, it would.” The problem is that he doesn’t even have a sense of satisfaction thinking about hurting the man in such a way anymore. He’s fucked up, big time. “Don’t worry though, if he did do something like that I’d let dad kill him. I might even do it myself.” That’s not what he’s worried about though. He knows if Gally hurt him he’d be taken care of. But that wouldn’t stop the embarrassment or the heartache, wouldn’t stop him from going back to spending his nights alone.
“Anyways, thanks for listening to me whine, babe.” Jett smiles softly and is sincere, sits up and pulls Oleander into a hug. “I know there’s probably a lot of things you’d rather be doing. I think I’ll go bug dad for a while now.” He crawls off of the mattress, waving with a small sad smile before he heads off on his own. Looks like he has a lot of thinking to do.
That night, he has no desire to be in his own bed when Gally gets home from work, doesn’t want to deal with a possible awkward confrontation or worse, the man ignoring him altogether. So he finds his way into the Eustass’s bed, quietly snuggling up to the man and sleeping soundly knowing that Gally won’t dare bother him here. He just hopes the alpha won’t ask any questions. That is the unspoken rule, after all.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Eustass is true to his word. Whenever one of his kids wander into the bedroom at night he accepts them without question and Jett is no different. The alpha acts as though it's normal to have the boy snuggled into the crook of his arm, pretends to sleep even though he spends half the night fretting over the familiar scent that lingers on the beta's skin.

Galileo had not expected to see Jett tonight.  It isn't included in their rules but he knows the boy well enough now to understand that Jett's a runner.  When things get too emotional or complicated he disappears. It's why he holed himself up for weeks after the break up with Boyd.  On some days he finds it endearing.
On this day he does not.

Galileo is someone who works with his hands. It's all he's ever been good for, fixing things that break.
But he cant fix this unless Jett allows it. And he'd spent the day telling himself it doesn't need to be mended.  If Jett want's to be secret fuck buddies then whatever. Free sex.
He tells himself so much that by the time he's come home the words mean nothing. It's quiet upstairs, and he knows that Jett has shacked up with Eustass to make seeing him impossible.  And the thing is he shouldn't care about that.
But he does.

Jett wanted to push him away so badly the snake had gone to the one place he knows Gally can't follow.  Thatcher might care for him but Thatch is hardly here.  This is Eustass's house.  The alpha could remove Galileo from it indefinitely and Thatch would only know after the fact.
So he goes to his room, where it's silent and cold. There's no one around to welcome him home or care that he's made it back. Nothing but the darkness and a bottle of whisky he keeps in the bedside drawer. The bottle doesn't talk but it's good company.  
Not good enough.  Two hours in and Galileo is pacing the room. His temples are throbbing, and the liquor makes it hard to balance.  He should sit down but the sheets smell like Jett.

On these nights he can almost convince himself he hates the boy.  Jett is cruel and unpredictable. Gally wishes he could go back to just thinking of the boy in that light.  But now he's seen Jett sleeping, experienced the soft quiet they lie in after sex.  He knows the boy's hands can be gentle, even wrapped around his throat.  Without realizing it he'd broken all the rules he'd set for himself, and somehow Jett has become his favorite person.
But he isn't Jett's.  And before it didn't matter but now it does and Galileo loathes himself for it.

He drinks until the room spins, until he's so tired and desperate he could almost imagine facing down Eustass just to see the boy.  Maybe it would dull the headache before Eustass inevitably kills him.
Jett's not using his room tonight.  Galileo could sneak in there and sleep, long as he's out before Jones has a chance to know about it.
The man stumbles out into the hall way, bottle tucked safely against his chest. He might've actually made it to Jett's room if not for getting side tracked by the muffled sound of sniffling.  For a moment he thinks it's coming from Malakai's room, stomach churning at the thought of one of those new boyfriends having already hurt him.  But Mal's room is further down the hall, near the door no one is allowed to open.

That only leaves Oleander, and he can cry all he wants for all Galileo cares.  The man snorts, and he would've kept going except  he's absolutely plastered and Oleander is Jett's best friend. He knows things. And Gally has a half finished bottle of whisky.
He wonders if the boy would be willing to trade secrets.

There's a knock at the door, so soft Oleander almost missed it, would have if he'd actually been asleep. The boy twists to glance at the clock, heart seizing at the numbers flashing back at him.
Who in the hell is at his door at five in the morning?
Ollie rolls out of bed. He assumes Jett is having another crisis, or maybe there's a new development with Malakai and those two men he's been seeing. Oleander will pretend to be put out by it but honestly he's grateful for the company.  Another few minutes alone and he might've tried texting Nikita, wounded pride be damned.

Ollie opens the door, and promptly slams it back shut upon seeing Galileo Gray standing on the other side of it.
"Read the fucking sign, asswipe."
There's a muffled swear from outside.  It takes a moment for Gally to peer up at the sign in question, struggling to sound out the words written in sharpie.
"Country bumpkin's not allowed."
The man grunts, and if Ollie didn't know any better he'd think the bastard was laughing.
Another snort, followed by the unmistakable sound of Galileo chuckling. Oleander feels anger bubbling in the pit of his stomach.  
The bastard is definitely laughing. Why is he laughing?

"What the fuck is your problem?"  He wrenches the door open, startled to find Gally has sat down in the hall way.  The man had evidently been leaning into his door because he falls backwards the moment it opens. And then he's just laying there, his head partially braced against Oleander's bare foot.
"Bumpkin's a funny word."

He tries to resist kicking the bastard in his face.  Jett likes his face.
"Are you fucking high?"  Ollie peers into the mans eyes. They seem to try and focus on him, or to the right of him. Another moment and he notices the large bottle sitting just outside his door.
"Oh, drunk. Of course you are." Ollie nudges the mans head roughly with his foot.  "Go be piss drunk in your own room. Or outside.  Just stay away from me."

Galileo groans softly in response, and instead of leaving he crawls further into Ollie's room, only pausing to snag the bottle of whisky.
"That's not- I said- Oh my god."  Oleander watches as the beta props himself against a dresser, head lolling uselessly.
"I came to share."  Galileo mutters, offering the glass to Oleander as if that's something they do. The bottle is half empty.

"Share diseases maybe."  Ollie grits his teeth.  He can either fight the man himself or call his father.  But it would be sad to beat up a drunk guy, and Jett's spending the night with Eustass.  Besides, God knows what Galileo might say in this state.

For a moment Oleander considers going to sleep on the couch downstairs.  He can't go to Nikky's house anymore. On the other hand this is his room and he'll be damned if Galileo runs him out of it. He turns to say so but finds that Gally is giving him this look and Ollie almost wants to jump out the window because the bastard is weepy and strangely sad.
"Dude, you cant do this to me. We are not friends."

"I know, I know. You hate my guts and I shouldn't be here.  Totally agree." He says he knows and yet he's talking to Ollie like they do this all the time.
"It took me three hours and half a bottle to be able to come here and talk so let me talk. I'll do whatever you want. I'll owe you. Whatever."

"What if I wanted you to leave. Right fucking now." The boy crosses his arms, and he looks so much like his mother Galileo is caught off guard by the sight of him.

"Oleander please." The mans slurs through his name, lips twitching up in amusement.  "God, why is your name so long. Ollleee-andeer." Galileo sounds the word out, snickering until he glances up to find Ollie staring at him. The boy's jaw is tight with frustration and the laughter dies in Gally's throat.  "Oh right." A hiccup.  "Please, just give me thirty minutes and i'll go."

Ollie rolls his eyes, face twisted in contempt. This is going to go down as one of the worst decisions he's ever made and that's saying a lot.  Even still Ollie picks up his phone and sets a timer.
"30 minutes starting now. Go."  The boy presses start.  He takes a seat on the edge of the bed, far away from Gally and his whisky breath.

The man sits quietly for a moment. He keeps cradling his head but that does not concern Oleander. If Jett reminds him of ocean waves then Ollie is the sharp rocks they crash against.

"How come Jones don't want nothing to do with me? I know he tells you 'bout shit.  I had to get okay with that."  It really bothered him in the beginning, knowing Jett was giving away all these little details to a boy who would love to see Galileo gone.  He got passed it though, he had to.
"I asked him 'bout it last night.  I'm sure he came an' told you."  The man feels heat in his face, teeth catching on the inside of his cheek until there's the familiar twang of iron on his tongue.

"Yeah, he might've mentioned it. So what?"  Oleander reaches into his bedside cubby.  There are a few shot glasses here, trinkets his mom used to bring home after being gone for months, as if these little things would make up for it.  Ollie always pretended to toss them out, but the moment Thatcher had his head turned he'd be right back to get them.
Ollie picks out a soft blue glass, his name written in cursive on the side.

Galileo clears his throat, voice small when he asks "Does Jones really hate me?"
Ollie gives him a pointed look, surprised when Gally seems to cave in on himself.

"See, I used to know." The man explains, his hands grasping at the dark denim covering his thighs. He'd never gotten dressed for bed, unlike Oleander who is sitting pretty in silk pajama's. Gally idly wonders if they'd been a gift from the rich new beta. "But now we have these moments where I could almost imagine there was a future for us.  I reckon that's just wishful thinkin' though."

Ollie rolls his eyes so hard it makes his head hurt.
"Are you really that thick?  I hate you Gally. I honestly fucking hate you. Now, if Jett also hated you, do you imagine he'd be in your bed at night?"
Galileo pauses, eyebrows pulled tight with thought.  Ollie interrupts before he has a chance to answer.  "Fucking of course not. Jett wants to hate you, but he doesn't.  And Jett also wants to like you, but he doesn't know how." Oleander stresses this part, hands waving through the air as he struggles to better explain.
"Have you ever gone to the doctors and they ask you to rate your pain?  Like on a scale of one to ten?

Gally nods, and Ollie works through a way to make him understand. "Well Jett lives his life at a seven.  On any given day, that's his pain. Because his parents were asshole who didn't care about him and he got shot in an alley and everyone who was supposed to love him just took things from him."  Oleander grimaces, hopes he's not giving away any secrets Jett had wanted him to keep. Doesn't matter now though, cats already out of the bag.

"You see that when he found a guy who actually adored him he just- could not accept it. And Jett loved Boyd. Loved him to death. But it didn't mean anything in the long run because Jett doesn't feel like he deserves nice things.  So he started fucking you, because you're not a nice thing and who cares if he hurts you. He lives in a constant state of pain and he doesn't want to give you any power to make that pain worse."
Galileo sits with that information for a long while.  So long Oleander pulls another glass.  This one is red, and Gally guesses it's usually Jett's because the boy offers it to him.

The beta holds the glass, chest tight because it's the kind of red he can see. That red always makes him think of Jett.  Carefully Gally pours himself a shot, passes the bottle to Oleander while he knocks it back.
"What can I even do then? I ain't ever cared about anyone like this." It nearly kills him to admit it but Oleander already knows.  Gally wouldn't be here for anything less.

"Well for starters you stop pushing.  He's like...A scared animal.  Too many fast sudden movements and he's gonna run. Or bite you. You know, fight or flight." Ollie waves his hand around.  They both understand what he's talking about. "And then maybe...I don't know.  He doesn't want to get in any deeper because that would give you all the power."

Gally opens his mouth as if to interject but Oleander doesn't want to hear his side of it.  This is about Jett.

"He doesn't care how you feel. He just knows he is scared and he likes you, but the scared out weighs the liking you."

The man makes a noise akin to that of a wounded animal.  He reaches for the bottle but Oleander keeps it out of reach.

"Ain't that a shitty way to put it." It's not news to him but it still stings. Oleander continues without any regard for his feelings.

"Oh don't get butthurt, you big ass baby. Man up and deal with it. Find some way to give him power so he doesn't feel like you have all of it."
The boy refills his glass. "Or leave him the fuck alone.  You have choices." Ollie downs the drink.  It's hot and terrible and it fucking burns.  The boy tries not to but winds up nearly choking on it, carefully rubbing his chest as if that would help the burning.  
"Oh my god, no wonder you're so blitzed.  Will you even remember this tomorrow?"

Galileo meets his gaze.  "I wont forget.  And i'll owe you one. Anything that don't involve ruining my chances with Jones." He's picking at a lose thread. Soon he'll have made a hole at the knee of his jeans.

"Yeah, about that.  Im sure you know this already but you're taking one hell of a risk. If things go sour between you and Jett, we'll choose Jett."  Ollie isn't saying this to be cruel. It's the truth.  When Gally screws up at least he cant say the bastard had been given fair warning. "So think about that before crawling back into his bed."

Galileo nods, his bloodshot eyes dragging over Oleander with a new kind of clarity. He may not like the boy but it gives him a strange comfort to know that Jett has someone in his corner, even if things go bad and Galileo is forced out of the picture.  

"We'd make a good team, if we could ever stand each other."

Ollie blows him off.  "Please, me and Jett are a team. Hurt him and i'll turn on you so fast it'll make your stupid southern head spin."

Gally smirks.  It's stupid and Oleander doesn't understand what Jett sees in him.

"I wouldn't doubt that for a second."

The alarm chirps. Oleander turns it off with a quick flick of the wrist. "Times up." They stare at each other for a moment longer, silent agreement that this night never happened.

As Galileo goes to leave Ollie grunts at him. "Don't come back."

"I wont." Gally hums softly.  He might've said thank you but Oleander is already crawling back into bed.  A look at the clock promises he doesn't have time to linger anyways.  If he doesn't leave now he'll be late for work.  Or worse, Jett might catch him leaving this room and he's not prepared to answer the questions that would raise.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Jett wakes warm, curled into the side of the man who’s the closest thing to a father he’s ever had. He smiles for a moment, doesn’t move and savors it for just a while longer.
His head is on Eustass’s chest, so close he can hear the alpha’s heartbeat, strong and steady. An arm is snug around him and he realizes the thing he’s feeling that he can’t place.
He feels safe.
Safer than he’s ever felt in his life. He’s never had this before, someone he trusts with his life, someone he’ll never doubt. Realizing that he has it now, someone who will forever be in his corner, is almost enough to bring tears to his eyes.
He prepares to move, before Eustass says something after realizing he’s awake, but then he remembers. The reality of his situation washes over him and he nearly groans. Why can’t he just have a normal relationship where he’s not constantly playing this game, wondering what his next move should be?
He hesitates before moving out of bed, wanting to make sure Gally had already left for work.
The man’s heartbeat is nowhere in the home so he reluctantly slips out from under the covers, pretending there wasn’t a tiny part of him that was disappointed the other beta was gone.
His day is uneventful. He goes downstairs, has his coffee, smiles and acts as if nothing is wrong when Eustass eventually joins him. If the alpha thinks he’s too upset he might start digging, and Jett is sure neither of them will like what he finds.
He thinks he does a pretty good job of not thinking about Galileo Gray. Until night falls, that is.
There’s only a few hours until the man will be home. Jett hasn’t yet decided how he’s going to play this. Does he continue the avoiding game? Does he wait up for the man and crawl into his bed like nothing happened?
Those are the only two options floating around in his head and neither feels right, both feel like delaying the inevitable. If he keeps doing this, it’s only a matter of time before Gally gives up on him.
No, he has to find a way to give a little. A peace offering. Something just small enough that it’ll keep the man around, show him that he’s making progress, without giving him too much power.

It’s an hour before Gally is supposed to arrive home when Jett tiptoes down the hall. All is silent when he creeps into the man’s bedroom, except for the low creaking of the door.
His heart pounds and he is reminded of the first time he’d set foot in this room, full of anger as he destroyed everything he could get his hands on. Tonight he’s full of a strange warmth instead as he walks around, glancing at the few decorations around. A picture here, a book there. Nothing too much. He could almost convince himself no one lived here, if it weren’t for the scent. Whiskey and pine and something all Gally.
He heads for the closet, opens it and runs his hand over the clothing he finds, most of them flannels in different colors. He finds a certain one, his personal favorite in what he assumes is the dirty laundry pile. The blue one that the man had worn when they went for drinks that night, the night they’d officially crossed the line of fuck buddies into something more. He remembers how his heart had skipped at the sight of the Gally in it, how handsome he’d looked. It had made Jett’s knees weak, which of course had made him curse the man out in his head for several minutes.
He brings it to his face now, presses his nose into the collar and inhales, catching his scent combined with cheap cologne. He steps back from the closet, then, closing the doors before laying the shirt on the bed.
His own clothes hit the floor as he undresses, not bothering with neatness. Soon, all he’s wearing are his bright red boxer briefs, the same ones he’d worn the first night they’d ended tangled up in the sheets of this bed. That soon changes though as he slips into the flannel as well, hating how nice it feels to wear Gally’s clothes. It still manages to swallow him even though he’s got nearly a foot of height on the other beta. He buttons it halfway, leaving most of his chest exposed. And then he gets in bed, lying on what’s become his side of the mattress.
This is the plan he’s come up with and he’s still not sure it’s the right one. He’s going to attempt to fall asleep here before Gally gets home. The hope is that Gally sees him here, sleeping in his bed wearing his clothes instead of just coming for sex and he’ll realize that he wants more than that, that he hadn’t truly meant what he’d said the other day. It makes his stomach twist with nerves because this is more vulnerable than anything else he’s done yet. It’s admitting without words that he cares for the man, that he wants his company. He can only hope that it’s enough.
There’s just one problem. He can’t fucking sleep. He should have expected it, really. He never can without someone by his side. When he’s alone, his only company is his thoughts. And that never ends well.
So he lays there, stares at the ceiling and fights off the thoughts that slowly creep in. Some still manage to sneak their way through.
This is stupid. What do you even think is going to happen? He’s going to confess his feelings and swear he’d never hurt you? This isn’t a 90’s romcom. You’re better than this. You’re not an idiot.
He ignores it even as the doubts settle in. No, he doesn’t want a big romantic gesture. In fact, he’d rather die. He just wants to pretend yesterday had never happened, to prolong their little secret relationship for as long as he can. That’s all.
“Dumb as a brick, a complete fucking idiot.”
He’s taken aback by the thought as he realizes it’s not the voice of his own inner monologue this time. It’s a female voice. One he hasn’t heard since joining the pack and moving here.
His mother.
He’s reminded of a memory a long time ago, words he hadn’t been supposed to hear but he’s sure she wouldn’t really care that he had. His mother and her friend downstairs in the den, bullshitting over glasses of wine.
“I’m telling you, Sondra, he’s a fucking disgrace. You’d never guess he was mine. Just like his father. Weak, spineless. Not to mention he’s dumb as a brick. A complete fucking idiot. Thinking I don’t know that he’s constantly acting out for attention. Just like his dad, starved for it. I always told Jamie I never wanted a fucking kid and now I’m the one stuck with him all the time. Dealing with his bullshit.”
Jett lays in bed and reminisces, wishes he could stop it. He hates that woman, hates that despite what she’d said that night, he acts more like her than he’d ever admit. Hates that he has her jet black hair, her pale skin and her dirty mouth, her rotten attitude.
It leaves a bad taste in his mouth.
It leaves an even worse one when he wonders if she had a point.
Was he weak? Was he a fucking idiot for doing this? Was he begging for Gally to walk all over him? God knows he was just doing it for the attention. She’d had him pegged there, always craving it from anyone who would spare him a second glance.
He feels the fear rising in his throat and his heartbeat escalates. He’s about to do it again, fight or flight.
And then he hears a car rolling into the driveway.
Shit.
There’s no backing out now.
He tries to calm down, closes his eyes and rolls onto his side, in the position he’s always in when he wakes up. Maybe he can convincingly pretend he’s asleep. Then maybe he won’t have to deal with any possible confrontation. It’s his only shot.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Galileo doesn't come inside right away.  The man sits in his truck, forehead resting against the steering wheel. He hates to acknowledge it but Oleander gave good advice, everything he said made sense.  Part of Gally had suspected the boy would say things to try and throw him off, ruin the relationship for good. The fact Ollie didn't gives him a strange sort of hope.  
Unfortunately it isn't enough to stop doubt from clouding Gally's mind.  Even if Jett does like him a little, would that be worth the risk he's taking?
Indecision makes his head throb.
The truck door whines as it's opened.  Gally cringes at the high pitched noise, reminds himself to pick up some WD40 on the way home tomorrow.  The night is quiet, only a little chilly.  His mother had liked to sit on the porch when it was this nice.  She'd point out the constellations if there was a clear sky.
He'd think back to those moments when things got hard.  It's different these days, since this thing with Jett started up.  Now when he aches for warmth he sometimes sees Jett's face, the boy's cheek pressed against his shoulder.
He's found that Jones likes to sleep in the crook of his arm.
These are things he couldn't imagine living without now. That alone makes the decision easier.
Gally snags a shovel from the bed of his truck.  Eustass had tasked him with all the lawn care as a way to earn his keep. No one else spends time on the out skirts of their land.  That's where Galileo is headed now, towards the back of the house and into the densely wooded forest that borders their yard.  Seven steps in and he spies a familiar rock.  This is where he digs, tunneling down several feet until his shovel clangs against metal.
The man hums softly, bends to clear away the rest of the dirt with bare hands. After a few careful swipes the worn and rusted face of Elvis Presley is staring back at him. Gally never had enough money for a proper lock box but his mom had given him this tin tote when he was young.  The ground is moist, even this deep.  Must have rained sometime last night.  He's not so worried though.  Ole' Elvis has never let him down before.
Galileo tucks the box under his arm, taking a minute to kick dirt back into the hole before grabbing his shovel and heading back.  There's an expensive looking car in the drive way, most likely Cash or Sloan here to take Malakai out for the night. Galileo cant keep track. They are here too often, always trying to show each other up. He admires the vehicle on his way up to the porch, whistling at all the fine details.  Someone came to impress.
Upon reaching the house Gally tries for the handle but doesn't manage to touch it before the door swings open.  He steps knowingly to the side, watches as Eustass tosses Cash out onto the deck.  The man lands unceremoniously, but his smile is smug in a way that tells Gally he's not at all remorseful about whatever he'd done. Inside Malakai can be heard arguing with his father.  Cash stands and brushes dust off a pricey looking leather coat, winking at Gally as he passes.
"Tell Malakai i'll be waiting in the Bentley."

Once inside Galileo relays the information, not once mentioning the bloom of hickeys coloring Malakai's neck.  He makes it to the stairs without incident, careful to avoid Eustass.  The man has a vein throbbing near his forehead. By the looks of it he'll probably be going to call Thatcher soon.
Gally's boots thud as he ascends the stair case.  The noise reminds him of his father coming up the porch steps, unwelcome and unwanted.
In the hallway he stops to listen for Jett, expecting the boy to be in his own room or Ollie's, still sulking about yesterday.
Galileo is slightly taken aback to find Jett's heart beating behind his door. The man pauses with fingers around the handle, that small metal box under his arm suddenly ten times heavier.
This is the point of no return.  Gally knows and he opens the door anyways.
His breath hitches at the sight of Jett. The boy is curled up on what's become his side of the bed. And that in itself is strange, but even more starling is Jones wearing one of his flannels.  Particularly the blue one he'd bought on the night he all but begged Jett for a date.  The memory makes his stomach roll uncomfortably, but the box feels a little lighter. He doesn't exactly trust Jett yet, but he's willing to give away anything just to keep these unexpected little moments of warmth in his life.
There's a small clank as he sets the tin down, gently nudging it under the edge of the bed until Jett's ready to stop pretending. He wont blow the boy's cover just yet but he knows that Jones isn't asleep.  Galileo lays beside him most nights, has memorized the way Jett's heart beats at rest.  More so the boy's shoulders are tense, an obvious sign that he's expecting a confrontation, waiting for Gally to hand out ultimatums or let it go.
Galileo likes to keep the boy guessing, so instead he leans down and wordlessly drops a chaste kiss into the crown of Jett's head. A few months ago he would have kicked his own ass for such a tender display but that was then and this is now. The box under his bed is proof that things have changed.  
Ah, but how does he go about giving it away?  It could probably wait until morning but the longer it sits here the more time he has to lose his fucking nerve.  
Galileo grunts in frustration.  It does help that Jett's wearing his shirt though.  The boy might be taller than him but he's swallowed by all the blue. It's a stark contrast to his pretty pale skin, hair that's dark as coal.  Gally could stand here all night, but the longer he looks the less deserving he feels. Jett's the sweetest thing he's ever seen, rattlesnake behavior aside.  And Galileo...Well he just looks like a stubby version of his father.
"Blue suits you." The beta crouches until he's level with the bed, one callused finger tracing idly across the flannel pattern on Jett's shoulders. "I'm gonna go shower. So you got about ten minutes to decide if you wanna stay or not." Gally tugs gently at a jet black curl. "If you stay I got somethin' for ya.  And if you go well...."  The man exhales sharply through his nose, nervous. "That's fine too, but I ain't givin' you nothin."  Lips brush against the nape of Jett's neck, so feather light it tickles.  Galileo disappears into the bathroom. He does need to shower but mostly he wants to give the boy one last out, or maybe assure himself he's not throwing away this new life Thatcher has given him by offering that box to someone who doesn't care enough to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:51 pm

It’d been nearly ten minutes since Jett had first heard the car pulling into the driveway when he started to question things.
Maybe Gally had been able to tell he was in his room, maybe he’d decided he didn’t even want to see him and was going to sleep in Roxanne for the night.
The maybes have his mind racing and they might have driven him insane if he didn’t finally hear the door shut, heavy boots climbing the stairs.
His heart pounds and he can feel it in his throat.
Shit, he should have ran while he had the chance.
The door opens and he struggles to remain still, keep his face completely neutral. He’s sure he would be a convincing actor if it wasn’t for his goddamn heartbeat. It’s got to be giving him away.
Boots approach the bed and then there’s a soft clanking sound. He can feel Gally’s presence, getting closer and closer.
Lips press to the top of his head and his entire body seems to relax, warmth flooding through. He’s in way over his head. This is way too innocent of a gesture for them, too sweet. Almost like something a normal couple would do, two healthy adults who weren’t completely dysfunctional in every way.
Gally is talking then and he knows he’s been caught, but he still doesn’t open his eyes. Lips brush his neck and he feels all his hair stand on end, goosebumps appearing across his skin.
Then Gally is gone.
He opens his eyes, sighs as he considers what he had just been told.
Gally has something for him.
What the fuck could it be?
He would have expected his thoughts to get carried away imagining all the possibilities but he’s got nothing. He can’t even imagine one single thing that it could be. What on earth could the man have to give him?
He doesn’t consider leaving, not for a moment. He’s far too nosy for that. If Gally had been trying to tempt him he’d definitely done a good job. Jett isn’t going anywhere now.
By the time Gally returns, he is sitting up, cross legged in the center of the bed.
He sets eyes on the man and pretends that he doesn’t immediately feel better. God, its concerning how much just seeing the bastard had calmed him.
“Well?” He arches an eyebrow, lips pressed firmly together in a thin line, not giving anything away. “Where is it? I didn’t know we were exchanging gifts. I didn’t get you anything, how embarrassing.” He’s teasing but there’s no trace of the usual smirk on his lips. He’s too nervous for that tonight.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:10 am

Gally wouldn't allow himself to acknowledge it but he's relieved that Jett hasn't run off, heart beating a little easier upon exiting the spray to find the boy hasn't moved. His shower only lasted ten minutes but it felt infinitely longer because of the waiting.  They aren't the kind of people to stick around.
Galileo takes his time, figures it's only fair he gives the boy a minute longer to sweat it out. He emerges from the bathroom to find Jett sitting pretty in the middle of his bed. The sight of him instantly soothes Gally's headache. The man's shoulders slump, boneless with relief.  He means to say something but Jett beats him to it.  In lieu of greeting the boy only asks about his gift, and it makes Gally smile because he expected no less.
"Awh shucks, you didn't get me a present?"  The man huffs dramatically, hand moving to tap teasingly at his chest.  "Well that just breaks my poor ole' heart." His smiles morphs into a grin, one that brings out the deep dimple in his cheek. "I reckon I'll just have to withhold yours until you come up with somethin'." His eyebrow arches almost playfully. It's rare to find him in such a good mood. Despite the anxiety eating a hole through his belly he's strangely calm. Jett had stayed.  It might only be because he's a nosy little snake in the grass but that's part of his charm.
The man spends a few minutes rummaging around his dresser, pulling out a grey shirt and boxers to match.  He doesn't wear a lot of colors, and when he does it goes unnoticed.  Everything's gray to him, all except for the bright red of Jett's briefs.  His flannel is blue.  To him it's a murky shade though everyone at the store promised it to be a vibrant color.
Galileo slips the shirt over his head. "Truth be told i'm surprised you ain't gone lookin' for it yet." Jett has less patience than a caged bull. It's a wonder Gally didn't come back to find his entire room ransacked in the search.
Gally pauses in the middle of the room, mouth hanging open slightly as he realizes there's nothing else to do or hide behind.
He feels a wave of nausea roll over him.
 Jett is expecting a present and he's absolute fucked himself over on this one.  What was he thinking bringing that box into this house? Oleander is a piece of shit and the more Gally thinks about it the more he realizes that giving Jett all this power is a bad idea.  Ollie was setting him up. Jett is the boy who couldn't accept an apology cake.  Gally still remembers the icing smeared across his cheek after it was shoved back into his chest. That shirt had been ruined. His life is going to be ruined. If Jett tosses these papers back at him that's it. He might as well load the gun in his glovebox and be done with it.
Absofuckinglutely fucked.
And what did he think was going to happen anyways? Jett would suddenly get past all his trauma and agree to be boyfriends? Holy shit. All he's doing is giving the boy ammo for next time he's pissed off. Atomic bomb sized ammo. His busted brain must have been short circuiting.
Gally thinks desperately about backing out.  He could tell Jett he was just bullshitting about the gift.  The boy would call him on it in a heartbeat though.  He was awake earlier, knows Gally brought something into the room.
The man feels a migraine blooming from his right temple, so strong it makes his hands twitch.
That fucking box is going to be the death of him.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:55 am

Jett can’t help but crack a smile then at Gally’s response. It’s the goddamn dimple. He hates it, hates that the mere sight of it gives him butterflies.
He watches the man head to the closet, get dressed painfully slow. He’s impatient, looking not unlike a child waiting to open their gifts on Christmas morning. He swears the bastard is being slow on purpose.
Gally says he’s surprised that Jett hadn’t gone looking for it while he was gone and he gives a soft chuckle, humorless.
“This might come as a surprise but I don’t snoop anymore. I learned that lesson the hard way, nothing good fucking comes out of it.” The memory flashes in his head, the gorgeous engagement ring sitting snug in the back of a nightstand drawer. He’s surprised to find that it doesn’t hurt quite as much as it did a few weeks ago. He snaps out of it, doesn’t want to think of the implications, what it means that his Boyd wounds are healing. Ocean blue eyes follow Gally as he steps back towards the bed. Then the man suddenly stops and Jett recognizes the look on his face. It’s something he knows well, having just done it himself lying in this bed a few minutes ago. The man is spiraling out of control, having doubts. Whatever this gift is it must be bad.
“Jesus, what are you giving me? You look like you’re about to shit a brick. Is it a gun or some shit? Because if it is, I mean, you don’t have to worry. I won’t shoot you. At least not right now. Maybe next time you piss me off real bad.” Jett smirks as he stands from the bed, making his way to stand in front of the man, hooking his arms around his neck as he speaks. It’s a simple gesture but it’s sweet, not sexual. He rests there, in sort of a half hug. It’s almost something a couple would do. “You haven’t done that in a couple days though, I think you’re losing your touch.” He continues, smirking softly. He’s horrified as he realizes what he’s doing, actively trying to calm the other man down. Gally had clearly been stressing and he hadn’t liked it and here he was, touching him without malice and basically reassuring him that it’ll be okay, no matter what it is. Well, he figures, if he’s already showed his cards he might as well really go for it. He closes the inches between their faces, pressing an almost sweet kiss to Gally’s lips. It’s quick, soft, unlike any other they’ve shared. He pulls back, speaking again as they part. “But for real, if you don’t give it to me in the next ten seconds I might lose my mind. I thought you knew patience wasn’t my best quality. You’re walking a dangerous line, Leo.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Jett jokes about it being a gun, unaware of how close he is to the truth. But then the boy touches him and the contact is like balm over an open wound. It's not quite a hug but it's close, intimate enough to gloss over his headache, soothe the stress from his shoulders.
Funny to think he's about to hand the boy more power when Jett has so much already.
"Give me some time.  I'm sure i'll think of some way to piss you off here pretty shortly."
It's shameful but the boy is right.  Galileo is losing his mean streak.  The venom is still there, but he doesn't feel it as much anymore. Jett is making him soft.
These days his anger is always temporary.  Fighting gives way to fucking, and then they can't remember what they were even mad about to begin with.
Galileo is so deep in though he's not expecting Jett to kiss him. It's fast but tender, and Gally finds himself grasping at the boys hips to assure it's real, actually happening.
Jett pulls back and asks again for that damned box, calls him Leo-
And well. After an encouraging kiss like that there's nothing he wouldn't give.
"Hold your horses."  The man inhales deeply, willing his vision to focus. It dawns on him now that maybe Jett is expecting an actual present. Something material he could use. The man cringes at the thought.
"Don't go gettin' excited, it ain't all that valuable." To anyone else it's just a pile of papers and the title to an old truck that isn't worth much. To Gally it's everything.
He ducks away from Jett's arms, moving to retrieve the worn metal lunch box from where he'd kicked it under the bed. Galileo still remembers what it had looked like brand new.
"Now don't you go makin' fun of the king."  He sits on the edge of the bed, careful to leave enough room for Jett to join him. "The box ain't really what's important though."  Galileo pops open the lid, flipping it back to reveal a stack of papers.  On top are a few picture he'd managed to save, old black and whites of his mother. He puts those aside gently.
"This was my survival box. It's got the title to Roxanne and some contacts my mother left me." People who owed her favors that were never cashed in. Gally hands them over one by one. "There used to be some money but I used all  that." He'd spent it getting here, to that alley they found him in. Galileo shuffles through the papers, breath catching in his throat as he makes it to a small packet at the bottom.  Printed on the front is a small mug shot, his father's face.
The beta clears his throat.
"My ole' man is doin' time in a maximum prison. This is all his contact information." Gally's voice is a quiet southern drawl, hesitant.  "I don't know when he will be out. But that ain't the point. What matters is that you understand what happens if you call this number."  He points to one in particular.  "Someone from the prison will answer an' ask a few questions, you got all the answers here.  And then they will patch you through to 'em."
Gally swallows hard. His hands are shaking. Wordlessly he flips the paper so he doesn't have to see the mans face. "You do not tell him your name. Don't talk to 'em at all.  Just give him the address where I go to work an' hang up. I'll disappear one day and you wont ever have to see me again."  He smiles, like he hasn't just given Jett the power to end his life.
"It's really important he don't know anything else though, okay? You gotta promise me." His father wouldn't appreciate Eustass and Thatcher taking him in. And worse, he might be curious about who made the call.  Gally refuses to think about what might happen if he found out about Jett.  The man had loved breaking his toys.
"Promise an' be my boyfriend."  Gally winces as the word passes his lips.  Maybe he'd gotten a little ahead of himself.  The man stutters for a moment before correcting softly,  "Or somethin'. It ain't gotta be that official.  You can decide what we are but i'm tired of pretendin' this is nothing."
Galileo inhales sharply, offering Jett the last off his papers, the one bearing all of his father's information. "I've grown a lot in this past year, an' what I've learned is that I don't need much.  I don't even need power." He pushes the papers into Jett's chest, honey eyes flashing with hope. "I jus' need you."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Jett watches intently as Gally speaks, goes to retrieve an old dirty looking box from under the bed. He furrows his brow, still having no idea what could possibly be inside. He follows the man, sitting beside him on the edge of the bed, just close enough that their sides are barely brushing.
He listens intently to every word, confusion settling in at first as he takes the papers he is offered one by one, wondering what on earth he’s supposed to do with them. Confusion is soon overtaken by fear and for a moment his breath is taken away as he wonders if Gally is planning to try suicide again, is giving him his last belongings before he does.
And then he starts explaining the last one and it suddenly settles in, what this is, what Gally is doing.
He’s not killing himself, he’s effectively giving Jett the power to do it. Oh.
Oh.
“Jesus, Leo. I...”
He’s got to be insane. Gally has no conceivable reason to trust him with this, with anything. And still, here he is, signing his life over to him. And why? What the hell could he possibly get out of this?
He hardly catches what the man says next, tunes in just in time to hear the word boyfriend.
His jaw drops slightly and he turns his head to face the man, eyes wide with disbelief.
Boyfriend?
Thoughts are flying throughout his head rapidly but Gally is still speaking and it takes all the concentration Jett has to slow his mind down long enough to focus on what he’s saying.
I jus’ need you.
His hands tremble slightly as the words sink in. The man is doing this for him, giving him something to hold over his head if things go wrong. Gally wants him, needs him so bad that he’s willing to give his life.
Jett is suddenly finding it difficult to breathe.
Gally wants to be with him. All Jett has ever done is push him around, push him away and then draw him back in again. He’s dragged the man around on his own emotional roller coaster ride as he battled his feelings about them. He’s seen Jett at his worst, has seen him cruel and heartbroken and vindictive and everything in between.
And still, Gally wants this, wants him.
It’s what had stopped him from giving himself completely to Boyd. How could the boy claim to love him when he’d never truly known all the parts of him?
But Gally had taken all of it, all the harsh words and the punches and had only come back for more, was now sitting here laying all his cards on the table just for a chance that they could be together.
There’s no reason to stop himself from falling now.
He has never felt this way before, like his heart is too big for his chest and every part of him is warm and tingling. For a moment he’s concerned he might cry. No one has ever known him like this and liked him anyway, chosen to stick around.
Jett reaches out, takes Gally’s face in his hands and looks deep into his eyes, searching for any doubt, any sign that this wasn’t sincere. And God, he knows that he should be skeptical, but he can’t be, not with the man looking at him like this, with eyes full of hope and fear. If he’s acting, he deserves an Oscar. A month ago he would still be scared, would wonder if the man even had a father in jail at all. But now he can’t manage to care. For better or for worse, Jett realizes, he trusts him. Maybe he’ll get hurt but maybe for once, the risk might be worth the reward.
“Okay.” When he finally speaks up, it’s soft and he’s embarrassed to find that his voice sounds as nervous as he feels. His hands still rest on Gally’s jawline and he pulls him closer, letting their foreheads knock together. His voice is more firm as he speaks again, full of certainty. “Okay, Leo. We’re really doing this thing. I’m your boyfriend.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Thrills
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Kidd Pack :: Galileo/Jett-
Jump to: