Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 3:59 am

Misery was in the living room, waiting for Carter to come home.  Cove and Anderson had left hours ago. He'd had time to do laundry and cook dinner, hang Carter's special dry cleaned suits and pick weeds out of the garden.  And still, it had only been just an hour past noon.  The boy had spent the rest of the day waiting around for his husband, anxious to know how his day was going, if the werewolves were treating him well. If that one wolf was still having trouble with boundaries, touching Carter with his fucking elegant hands. Misery sent five texts, and then forced himself to stop.  He spent a lot of time missing his husband, lounging in their bed and thinking about what he was going to do to the man once he was finally home. He'd jumped up the moment he noticed headlights in the driveway, ready to pounce the moment Carter walked through the door.  
Carter only had a moment to prepare before Misery was barreling into his chest.  The boy was careful, still not used to the man  being so strong, but he latched onto his lover all the same.
"Honey, im so happy you're home!"  Misery echoed the words back, teasing against Carter's lips.  He was kissing the mans face, his neck, everywhere he could reach.  "I was worried the wolves had decided to keep you.  I already looked up how to use silver on the internet." The boy was wearing one of Carter's plush bathrobes, and nothing else.  He wanted to be as close to the man as possible.
"How are you?  Was it terrible? They didn't hurt you, did they?" Misery knew how to use silver now. Those wolves would be smart to be careful with Carter.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 4:28 am

Carter was excited, ready to tell Misery all about his day and what he had learned. But then the man was in his arms, kissing him everywhere he could reach and oh god, he looked so good in that robe.
"Well don't you look gorgeous tonight?" His voice was a purr as he returned the kisses, pressing them against Misery's cheeks and into his hair. "You're not being fair, you know you wearing my fancy robes is a weakness of mine." A smirk played on his lips as his eyes scanned over his lover. He adjusted the man in his arms, holding him bridal style, still amazed at how easy it was. "My day was actually pretty good, I'm unharmed." He reassured, smiling all the while. "They're not as weird as I thought last night. I mean they're still kind of crazy but it's not so bad. The alpha's really nice. He seemed like he knew whenever I was uncomfortable and was always there to make me feel better. I even made some friends, aren't you proud?" He spoke like a small child on the first day of school, chuckling afterwards. "You'll be happy to know that I set the boy from last night straight, the one who didn't understand personal space. He tried again today but I sat him down and told him that I already had a gorgeous man waiting for me at home. I was all firm and manly, you'd be proud." He wiggled his brows at his husband, fingers carding through his wild mane of hair. "He calmed down then and he's actually pretty cool. Smart too, for his age. He taught me how to start practicing making my claws come and go when I want them. It's really weird but he's good at teaching things. I can't wait to show you."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 am

Carter picked him up, and Misery squealed with delight, his arms locking around the man's neck.  This new found strength was one part of the whole werewolf mess that Misery would consider a perk. Of course he'd adored Carter even when the man struggled under his weight, but he couldn't deny that having the man handle him with ease was a major turn on.  "I do know. I was hoping to get you all weak and wanting so I can have my way with you."  Misery nuzzled into the man's neck, listening as Carter gushed about his day while still applying kisses to sensitive skin. He was surprised to hear it had gone so well, but overjoyed his husband seemed to be adapting to this new way of life.  Misery had been terrified that he'd never recover from this, that Carter would spend his days terrified of becoming a monster like the one who'd attacked them. "I am proud baby, so proud."  The man was gushing like a small child, and Misery felt his chest ache at the sight.  Carter is precious.  People said that often, but Misery meant it.  Carter is rare and special. He is a dream come true.  Before actually meeting the man, Misery hadn't believed people like him existed.  No one could be so perfect-
But Carter is.
The man mentions the werewolf from last night, the beautiful blonde who liked to stay within inches of Carter's face, and Misery feels his blood burn, stomach sinking.  Carter doesn't give him long to worry though.  He says he put the wolf in its place, and Misery believed him.
"Is that what you told him?  Well in that case I am very proud of my big firm man."  Misery savors the feelings of Carter's fingers carding through his hair, leaning into the touch.  "You'll have to show me all of your new tricks.  Then maybe I can show you some tricks of my own."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 am

Something in Carter's chest aches as Misery mentions having his way with him and showing him some tricks of his own. God, he wants that. He can't think of one thing he'd rather do than make love to his husband right now, without having to worry about hurting him.
"About that... I don't know if I can see any of your tricks just yet." He swallowed hard, desperately hoping that Misery won't be offended by this. He just hopes his husband understands. As he speaks, he is carrying the man upstairs to their bedroom. "It... it might take me a while before I can control myself for that." He is determined to still make this evening a good one, to make Misery feel good even if he himself can't get too aroused. He will figure something out, he has to. "I've still got a lot of tricks to show you though." Carter reassures as they arrive in the bedroom. He takes his time, careful in lying Misery down and crawling down beside him.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Misery doesn't fail to notice the way Carter swallows, nervous. As though he's afraid it'll be a disappointment that Misery can't ravish him the way he so obviously wants to. It makes his heart give a painful throb. He can't ever have Carter thinking he's a disappointment. Misery places a warm kiss against the man's brow, hands gently tangling themselves in the Carter's hair. "That's okay, baby. My tricks can wait until you're ready. I'm just happy you're finally home. I missed you. " Misery wasn't concerned with sex for himself, he'd just wanted to pleasure Carter. Making his husband feel good was by far Misery's favorite pastime.
"Alright pretty boy, show me all of your tricks. I can't wait to see them." The boy has his head propped up, leaning against his hand while he gives Carter his undivided attention.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 5:35 pm

"I missed you too." Carter smiled, leaning in to kiss Misery's lips sweetly before pulling back and sitting up beside him. "I wished you were there with me, I just didn't want them to turn out to be dangerous and then it be my fault if something happened to you." He caressed the man's cheek gently before remember Ollie's tips. He had been successful with it a few times but it still took a lot of concentration. "Okay so I mostly just practiced making my claws come and go away when I want them to. But that's supposed to be pretty hard to get the hang of and I'm getting good." He grinned wide as he held his hand out in front of him, closing his eyes for a moment and thinking of what he wanted them for.
I want to show him. I want him to see I'm learning. I want to show him.
He thought the mantra over and over to himself, flexing his fingers and hoping it would work this time. It only took a minute before they popped out. Carter's face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. "Look! See? They're out!"
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:47 am

"Oh!" Carter's claws sprang forth and Misery bolted up as though he hadn't been expecting it, sitting straight and wide eyed with wonder. "Oh my god! Look at you!" Of course he'd believed Carter when the man said he was learning, but to hear it and see it were two very different things. It was still a shock to his system seeing Carter as anything other than his lovely human husband. He'd already decided it wasn't a bad thing though, not when the man was giddy like a child upon learning these new skills. Seeing Carter's face light up, it gave Misery hope for their future. His husband was learning to control himself, and they were going to be okay. Carter was going to be okay.
"Baby, that's so amazing! I'm so proud of you." Misery takes Carter's hand, bows his head and tenderly kisses each of the man's claws. "And it only took you a day. I can't wait to see what you'll accomplish in a week." The boy wiggled his brows, teasing, absolutely overjoyed to see that Carter was learning to be comfortable with his new self. After last night he'd been absolutely terrified this change would be detrimental. Instead Carter had come home smiling, and Misery couldn't help but smile back.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm

"Ollie said I'm a fast learner, maybe I'll be back to normal before you know it." Carter smiled proudly at his husband. His entire chest warmed when the man kissed each of his claws. He was a monster now but he was trying to learn to keep it under control and Misery was going to love him through the process.
They would be okay.
I don't want to hurt him.
He repeated the sentence several times in his thread, only taking a moment to make sure his claws had obeyed and disappeared before he took Misery's face firmly in his hands, kissing him passionately. It'd only been a day apart from him, but he missed this already.
"I made them go away so I didn't hurt you." He whispered against the man's lips when they broke apart, fingers firmly gripping Misery's cheeks to show him he could hold him without the claws right now.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 pm

"Well, Misery says you're brilliant and he is not worried about you going back to normal."  Misery couldn't have Carter using that word.  His husband was still normal, just in a different way, of a different kind.  The boy would love him no matter what.  Carter was Carter, and Misery adored every inch of him, claws and all.  "Our normal is different now. And that's not a bad thing, just so long as my handsome man is happy."  He watches, enchanted as Carter's claws retract. The man reaches for his face, kisses him passionately, and Misery melts. He's spent the entire day aching for this intimacy, yearning to feel Carter's lips against his.  
The man speaks, and it's all Misery can do not to swoon.  Even after all these years, he never gets used to feeling loved like this. It's hard to believe such happiness can exist. Some days Misery finds himself plagued by the fear that his life truly is too perfect, that something is going to happen, something that steals away all his happy.  The boy does his best not to brood over it, passes it off as silly fear.
But then Carter had almost died, and Misery finds himself thinking more and more of how easy it would be to shatter his universe. For him, Carter being a werewolf isn't the worst thing in the world.  Carter dying, that would have been the worst.  But as a werewolf the man is stronger.  Misery can take comfort in knowing Carter is able to defend himself, and even if he is hurt, he will heal.  He will be okay.
This is a blessing, not a curse.
"You could never hurt me, Carter.  I'm not fragile, and im not scared of your claws.  I love you, every single part of you." Misery's fingertips are warm as they trace the curve of Carter's cheek, thumb tenderly caressing the man's bottom lip.  "Nothing could ever change that."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Carter sighs softly, Misery's words comforting him and at the same time only reminding him why he loves the man so much, reminding him that he has to fix this for him.
"I can hurt you though, babe. I could without even realizing it." He traces his fingers down one of Misery's arms as he lays down and pulls him onto his chest. "They all keep telling me I don't know my own strength and they're right. I could break your bones if I'm not careful. I just have to get used to being careful now. I've never had to be careful in my life. If anything I tried hard to be more rough with you so you wouldn't realize how weak I was." He chuckled softly. "Now I have all the strength I could ever want and I'd kill to struggle lifting you again. It's so much pressure being strong, I don't know how guys do it." He had seen men three times his size with fragile women not nearly as strong as Misery. How did they live like this, constantly in fear of breaking their lover? It had only been a day and he swore he was going to crack.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:51 pm

"So maybe you'll have to be more careful, it's not the end of the world. We're going to have accidents. That's unavoidable, but we will worry about when it happens. There's no need for you to get worked up over nothing." Broken bones were just broken bones. They would heal. Misery has had worse. He's lived through Trevor and his house of horrors with nothing to look forward to. This was not that. Carter would never intentionally hurt him. A few scrapes and bruises are nothing, because Misery knows that in the end they are going to be okay. Carter would learn how to be comfortable with himself again, and Misery would support him any way possible.
"There's no pressure. I'm not rushing you. I'm content to just lay here." Misery's fingertips trace the curve of Carter's cheek, caress his jaw before moving to cup the back of his neck. Fingers curl at Carter's nape, tender. "And just for the record, i've never thought you were weak. Maybe not strong in the conventional sense, but you aren't weak. You prove that every day."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Over the next month Carter continued spending most of his days at Eustass's home, trying to learn from all of the other wolves. He quickly became a part of the family and learned that they all weren't so bad. He rarely saw anyone get so angry that they couldn't control their wolf. It was only ever Galileo and Jett and even they tried not to let things escalate to a physical fight so often.
Before long, it was approaching the end of his first month as a wolf. He still had a long way to go, of course, but it was getting easier. He was getting used to the strange new things he'd have to deal with at times.
But tonight was the first full moon since he'd been turned. He was nervous, worried that he would suddenly become some horrible monster who wanted to kill everything in sight. He wasted no time in the morning, wanting to get far, far, far away from Misery before the moon had a chance to come out. He was almost tempted to leave before his lover even woke but he knew he would miss him too much if he didn't at least get a goodbye kiss. So he stayed long enough to eat breakfast and steal a few chaste kisses before heading on his way to the pack home.
Carter found he was rather eager to see Eustass and especially Ollie. The boy had a way of calming him that not even Misery had these days. Ollie was the only one who could settle the wolf raging inside of him. He hoped desperately that it worked tonight.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Oleander had stopped trying to pursue Carter romantically, but he found he genuinely valued the man's friendship. Carter was kind and adorably awkward at times.  Ollie adores seeing him learn, witnessing the childlike joy on his face with each new skill conquered.  He seems as though he's accepting this new way of life, adapting well enough. But Oleander knows tonight will be different.  Carter has been dreading the full moon ever since learning of it's affect on wolves.  He was sure to be nervous, possibly even a little scared.  Oleander was determined to make this as easy as possible for him.  He'd hold Carter's hand all night if he had to.
Eustass was waiting on the porch when Carter rolled up.  Ollie was sitting on the steps, blonde fringe obscuring his eyes but not his smile.
"Excited for your first full moon?"  Ollie started teasing the moment Carter was close enough to hear him.  The boy looked lovely, as always.  Even though he'd given up the chase, Oleander still loved knowing that Carter thought him beautiful.  It was good for his bruised ego.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 pm

"I don't know if excited is the word." Carter chuckled as stepped out of his Corvette, smiling at the sight of Ollie and Eustass waiting for him to arrive. As he got closer, his stomach still did a small flip and a lump formed in his throat. He was used to it by now though. It happened every time he set eyes on Ollie and he had realized he would just have to accept it. Even if they were friends now, Ollie was still beautiful. That would never change.
"Terrified is more like it." He nodded, climbing the steps and placing an arm around Ollie's shoulders as he smiled at Eustass. "Spending the night doesn't sound as bad as it did a month ago though." He spoke teasingly. "Although I'm still a little scared I might get caught in the crossfire if Jett and Gally start tonight. I don't know how they've survived full moons this long."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:21 am

Carter wraps an arm around his shoulders, and Oleander leans into him entirely. He keeps telling himself he's given up the chase, and yet still catches himself doing all kinds of little things to get closer to the man. Ollie simply can't seem to stop. Sometimes he doesn't even notice he's doing it.
"They survive because dad wont even let them be on the same floor during full moons. Gally has the upstairs and Jett has the downstairs. The last time they were allowed to be in a room together under a full moon someone wound up bleeding so it's policy now."
Eustass cringes as the memory, glances back towards the home. Oleander knows he's checking for Jett, listening for the beta's heartbeat to assure he was alright. Ollie knew they were close, and instead of being jealous the boy was simply happy that Jett finally had a parental figure in his life, something he knew his friend had been missing out on.
"Don't be scared, Mr. Kensington. Save it for when there's something to actually be scared of." Oleander smiled as if he were teasing the man, but the way he pressed closer to Carter's side suggested he was trying for comfort. "Being nervous is fine, but stop thinking you're suddenly going to become bloodthirsty. Jesus, if you want something to worry about, worry that Jett and Gally's hatred will transcend distance and cause a nuclear explosion that kills us all and wipes out half the population." The boy winks, playful. "Priorities, Carter. Everything isn't always about you. This is the fate of the human race we're talking here. We're preventing the apocalypse."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:05 am

"Good point, good point." Carter laughed softly as he made his way to the front door, tugging Oleander with him. "Your father is a smart man, I'm learning. He might want to keep them in separate buildings though." He paused only a moment before going inside the house. He always tended to knock or wait for Eustass to go in first. But he was getting to the point where he viewed this place as a second home. Thatcher and Eustass always assured him he didn't need to knock, he was always welcome. "I'm not as nervous now that I'm here." Carter admitted lightly to Ollie, arm never leaving the boy's shoulders. "I mean, you guys all seem normal enough so far... you and Mal never act like wolves though." They had all explained to him that it was because Mal and Ollie were born wolves that they always seemed so human, but Carter never failed to be amazed. By now the full moon was nothing to the siblings but their father still kept them home, just to be safe. They usually passed the night together, gossiping or playing games and helping their parents keep everyone else under control. "But you kind of calm me down." He admitted this quietly, although he was sure Ollie had to know the effect he had on him by now.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Oleander moved in step with Carter, his cheek still resting against the mans shoulder. He knew it was dangerous to indulge his constant craving to be close with Carter, and yet he did it anyways. "Malakai and I are special. We're better than all of you newbs." Normally Oleander would be lounging in his brothers room on a full moon, most likely talking shit and smoking cigarettes with the window open while Eustass was too busy with the pack to notice. Ollie only ever smoked when Nikita was on his mind. He missed the Russian on nights like this. Nikky and Boyd were banned from the house during full moons. It was only a precaution, but it was non negotiable. With Galileo locked away upstairs, Ollie expected that Malakai would be busy keeping him company. Oleander was left to do as he pleased, had all the time in the world for Carter.
Ollie is leading them towards the staircase when he hears Carter's voice, quiet. The boy never stops moving, but he can't help but smile, feel something flutter in his chest. Oleander already adored being able to get the man worked up. It was an honor to have a calming effect as well.
"Oh yeah? Well that's good because i'll be here all night. If you start getting rowdy I'll put the moves on you and that'll be the end of it." The boy winks, but doesn't quite meet Carter's gaze. He looks just to the left of the mans head instead. There is too much feeling in his chest. He can't swallow it back, so he drops his eyes to the staircase, watches each step they take.

Eustass was following close behind. Upon entering the home the alpha went straight for Jett. Thankfully for Oleander his father's love for the beta out weighed his worry that Ollie might be flirting with Carter. Eustass knows the boy hates full moons, could always sense his stress. The alpha dedicated most of these nights to staying at Jett's side, a constant reminder that he is safe, no matter what happens.
"Hey there sport. How are you holding up?" The alpha takes a seat on the couch near his beta. He longs to be closer with Jett, feels the boy needs some kind of consistency in his life, someone to parent him. Jett hasn't said as much, but Eustass suspects his parents are absent for the most part. It makes the man's stomach ache to think about. Jett deserves so much better. Eustass wants him to have the security that all his other children grew up with, the knowledge that no batter how badly they fuck up, Eustass would be right behind them. A one man cleaning crew.
"Anything I can do to make this easier for you?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Carter frowned as they ascended the stairs, noticing when Ollie seemed unable to meet his gaze. He hoped he wasn't making him uncomfortable. That was never his intention, he had simply grown to depend on the boy when he was here, away from Misery. He leaned on him for everything lately, it seemed. He liked to be close.
"That sounds like a plan." He chuckled, glancing over at the boy, eyes trailing over porcelain skin and platinum blonde locks. "I'm really glad I have you here. Without you I'd probably be having a panic attack right now." Eustass was comforting and always kind to him but the man had an entire pack to care for. He was glad he had all of Ollie's attention tonight, especially with Nikita not around.
"So where are we going? Your room?" Carter pretended he didn't notice the knot forming in his stomach at the thought. "You better be prepared to guard me from your dad's wrath if you are." He had seen the way the man eyed Gally after he spent the night in Mal's room. He wouldn't even admit to himself that he was... excited at the thought of spending the night in Ollie's room. He would need the comfort to get through the night, but he was still hesitant, knowing that Misery would kill him if he ever found out. He would just have to make it up to his husband later.

Jett didn't look up at first when Eustass sat down beside him. His eyes stayed down, staring at his hands in his lap. He was picking at his nails, ripping them until the skin bled. It was a bad habit, one he had picked up when he was younger and never managed to get rid of when he was stressed.
"Not unless you've got a way to make Boyd a wolf too so I can bring him over here." His voice was bitter for a moment before he sighed, finally glancing up to meet his alpha's gaze. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude... I'm enough of a bitch on a normal day. Full moons don't help." He was awful at handling the power of a full moon. Gally was a younger pup than him and even he was better at it. Jett always seemed to get in his own head with no distractions to keep him occupied.
He paused for a moment before allowing his head to rest on Eustass's shoulder. "Thank you for coming to check on me, sir, really. I appreciate it." He did, more than he could ever explain to the alpha. "I don't know if you've noticed but I kind of fucking hate these things."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Oleander stops walking only a few steps short of his bedroom door. It hadnt occurred to him that maybe Carter wouldn't be comfortable with them all alone in his room. The boy's expression is blank, carefully void of any emotion. He can't have Carter seeing him disappointed. "Unless you'd rather stay down in the livingroom." Ollie recovers like a pro, pretty pink lips splitting into a smile. "We don't have to go to my room if you aren't comfortable with it." It's not as though Oleander can blame the man. Carter is happily married and Ollie admittedly can't seem to keep his hands to himself. "But if it's the big man you're worried about, don't. Malakai probably has Gally in his room right now. Dad knows he can't be unfair so we're good. He'd have to put Gally out of Mal's room before starting on you and i'm sure he would be so exhausted after arguing with Mal he'd forget all about us." Oleander didn't expect there to be a problem. He assumes Thatcher had a talk with Eustass, his father has been better about hovering since the first night Galileo had spent in Malakai's room. Sure, he still does it, can't seem to help himself. But he doesn't try to stand in the way of things anymore. Oleander is sure Galileo gets frequent 'talks' though, otherwise he knows his father would have never backed off.
"If it makes you feel better, I can still tell him where we're going." The boy acts as though he's going to pull out his phone, but at the last moment he lips twist into an impish smirk. Instead of sending a simple text, Oleander's voice echoes throughout the home.
"Dad! im taking Carter to my room. Make sure you knock first just in case we're indecent!" Ollie makes sure to give Carter a playful nudge, knowing the man might very well run if for one second he thinks Oleander is serious. Only seconds later Eustass's voice is bellowing a simple warning.
"Oleander Elysian Taylor!"
The boy snorts softly, mock cringes as his father uses his middle name. It had been expected. Oleander chuckled at how easily it was to push the mans buttons.
"Kidding! Im just kidding! About the indecent part at least. We might really be going to my room.
Mr.Kensington thought you should know!"
There is a short pause, but Oleander doesn't worry. He leans against Carter, wearing an all too knowing smirk. Softly he counts, "Five. Four. Three. Two-"
Eustass voice calls back to them, resigned.
"Thanks for that, Mr.Kensington."
Ollie fixes Carter with a teasing grin. It's all he can do to hide his nerves. He knows the man would be right if he wanted to stay in the living room, but Oleander would be disappointed nonetheless.
"So, do we go to my room or do we go back downstairs? It's up to you."

The alpha watched Jett pick at his nails. Eustass knew it wasn't his place to father the boy, but he couldn't stop himself from reaching out and carefully placing a near shovel sized hand over Jett's, blocking the boy from doing anymore damage.
"Hey, don't be sorry. And don't go calling my favorite beta a bitch. I take offense to that." He is warm and reassuring, takes a risk and moves to tuck Jett under his arm like he would one of his own children. Eustass is terrified of crossing some boundary and causing the boy to shy away, but he simply can't sit here knowing Jett is stressed and do nothing about it.
"It's normal to hate the full moons. I always hated them too, and I was born like this ya. It took me years to be comfortable on nights like this. You'll get there eventually. Until then we can watch movies and play games, you can tell me all about what a bastard Gally is." Eustass was slowly learning that Galileo wasn't as dangerous as he'd thought. Still, he'd talk shit with Jett if it helped the boy cope. He doubted Gally was listening, and even if he was Eustass didn't expect him to care. It seemed everyone in the pack had an opinion on Galileo Gray, and they were all vocal about it.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Carter hesitates at Oleander's question, trying not to make it too obvious just how long he is considering it.
He knows it's a bad decision. Ollie is giving him a chance to say no, to do right by Misery and not sleep in another boy's bed. He knows he should choose to go back downstairs. But for some reason, he does the opposite. Friends can spend the night together without it being uncomfortable.
And that's what they are, friends.
So he merely steps forward, leading the way to Ollie's bedroom and acting like he's not nervous in the slightest. This is only a big deal if he makes it into one.
"Oleander Elysian Taylor." He repeats the name, a smile spreading across his face. "You sound like you should be the millionaire here, not me. I've never heard a name so elegant and believe me, I've met some very pretentious people." He chuckled, only then realizing that his arm has somehow slid from Ollie's shoulders to fit snugly around his waist instead. They're far too close, he knows, but he makes no move to pull back. He's comfortable like this, more than he should be. "Your parents pick beautiful names." Oleander Elysian. He could only imagine what Malakai's middle name was. He continues walking until they reach Ollie's bedroom door. Only then does he pause, gesturing his free arm toward the room. "Lead the way, Oleander."

Jett tenses at first, under the alpha's strong arm wrapping around him. It's not that he doesn't want it there, he's simply not used to the gesture, doesn't know how to accept it. It's only a moment later when he relaxes, tucking his head into the man's chest and letting out a sigh of what almost sounds like relief. Eustass's presence always calms him just because of the bond between a beta and their alpha. But this is different, it's more than just physical. Eustass is showing concern for him, caring for him as almost a father instead of just an alpha. It's exactly what Jett needs.
He relaxes even more when Eustass speaks, letting the man's words about him getting used to these eventually soothe him. He is touched when the alpha offers to spend the night with him but can't help but laugh at the offer to listen to him complain about Gally.
"Wow, you sure know how to tempt me." He was still giggling, shaking his head as he glanced up at the older man. "I doubt you're as good of a shit talker as Ollie but I mean, he has to get it from somewhere. Maybe you'll surprise me." He finds himself teasing his alpha, the anxiety in his chest already fading just with someone to talk to. "I don't think you want to get me started on Gally tonight, though. I might just never stop bitching. You don't want to get me fired up." There was a pause in which he was silent, merely leaning on Eustass. Then he spoke again, having an idea. "Hey, want to come help me bake something?" His voice was quiet, as if he worried Eustass would say no although he was pretty sure the man wouldn't. He had already offered to keep him distracted tonight, after all. "Maybe we can make a cake for Carter for getting through his first moon... or I could make Gally a 'congratulations on being the world's biggest asshole' cake. Hmm, or maybe it should be the world's shortest asshole. Tough call." He paused, a hand coming to stroke his chin as if he were deep in thought contemplating this. He cracked a sly smirk after a second though. "Sorry, I can't help myself."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Ollie had expected Carter to jump at the chance of going back downstairs.  He is surprised when the man hesitates, waits with baited breath.  Oleander feels foolish for hoping, but he does it anyways.
And just this once, it pays off. The boy follows Carter to his room, pretends he isnt surprised by how casually the beta moves, as though this isn't a big deal.
Maybe to Carter it isn't.  
Oleander is aware of the exact moment Carter's arm slides from his shoulders, tries to keep his face neutral as he feels it curl around his waist instead.
"Forget about my middle name. No one ever calls me that unless i've done something to piss them off.  It's not so elegant when alpha man is screaming it at fuck thirty in the morning. Mal though? His name really is pretty.  Malakai Alysia. Im still salty about it." It's astonishing that he can breathe with the man's arm around him like this, much less talk.  Oleander is proud of himself for not melting into Carter as he so very much wanted to.
"Here it is,"  The boy motions to his bedroom door.  It's covered in 'caution' tape, complete with a 'keep out' sign at its center.  "Home sweet home."  Ollie pushes the door open, and immediately they are hit by the sweet scent of vanilla and peaches.  Oleander's room is mystical. The walls are painted a near silver grey. He has christmas lights strung around the ceiling, doing circles over  his lavish four poster bed.  The white silk comforter is arranged army style, how Thatcher had taught him as a child.  There is a plush owl on his bed.  It's just big enough to be used as a pillow, something his mother had brought him home for christmas.  They had always been his favorite.
There is a window with shimmering curtains, tiny succulents sitting pretty on a small ledge.  His closet is closed, a colourful poster of the eiffel tower hanging perfectly centered on the back of its door.  He has a small cork board tacked to the wall close to his bed, lined with pictures of family and what his mother has sent from overseas.  All in all the room is clean and elegant.  Oleander tugs them forward into its center.  Even his carpet is a soft glittery grey.  
"Make yourself at home, Mr. Kensington. Mi casa es su casa and all that good stuff."  The boy aches at the loss of contact when he breaks away to flop onto his bed.  If they keep standing so close Ollie might do something Carter would regret.

Jett tenses under his arm and for a moment Eustass worries he's gone too far. The man waits, breath caught in his throat, for the beta to accept or reject him. Jett doesn't move for an entire revolution of Eustass's heart.  When the beta's head finally falls onto his chest, the alpha allows himself to relish the moment.  It's rare Jett lets himself have any sort of comfort.
"Maybe I will. Maybe I can shit talk better than either of you. Especially about Gally who is up in my son's bedroom right now."   Eustass is relieved to see Jett smiling, teasing with the familiar spark burning his gaze.  The boy leans against him, silent for a moment.  Eustass takes the time to focus on the beta's heartbeat, sensing Jett's anxiety slowly ebbing away.  
He was startled when the boy spoke up.  Out of everything he'd thought Jett would want to do, baking had not been one of them.  Eustass grins though, flashing all his teeth.
"I'd love to help you bake something ya."  Jett asked as though maybe he'd been afraid the alpha might say no.  Eustass doesn't leave him any room for worry though.  The man stands, gently ruffling Jett's hair in the process. "We can do something nice for Carter later.  Tonight Galileo is up in Malakai's room and im trying to be more accepting so a passive aggressive cake will have to do."  The alpha chuckled, though he wasn't really joking.  "Come on, mongrel.  Let's go see what we have in the way of cake making."  Eustass lead them into the kitchen, hoping he had all the ingredients he might need for Jett to properly bake.   He didn't usually go shopping until first of the week, tomorrow.  The last he remembers they were running low on eggs and milk.  The alpha almost groans, nearly certain they wouldn't have enough.  He searches around the kitchen, and is surprised to find a full gallon milk, and an entire carton of eggs.  There is brand new flour, and even a few canisters of icing in the cabinet.  Eustass simply stands for a moment, glancing around the kitchen in wonder.  He is certain none of this had been here yesterday.  The alpha wracks his brain, and for a moment he's left completely lost. No one had left the house today except-
Gally.  Galileo had gone to work.  Eustass hadn't thought much of it when he came home carrying a few bags.  It wasn't his place to question what Galileo did with his money.
But he is questioning it now.
How did the little bastard know Jett would want to bake? Eustass moves casually throughout the kitchen, helping Jett pick out his needed ingredients, mind wandering. He thinks back to all the other times he'd seen Jett baking, movement faltering as he realizes there is a pattern.
Jett stress bakes.  
Jett stress bakes, and somehow Galileo had noticed it for what it was even when Eustass hadn't. The alpha knows he needs to talk, but simply can't seem to wrap his mind around Galileo doing anything considerate for Jett. He can only assume the beta had done this to keep Jett distracted, so busy he didn't have time to start fights.  It was the only explanation. Nothing else made sense.
Eustass clears his throat, pulls a new unopened carton of milk from the refrigerator and sets it on the table so Jett can reach.
"Okay kid, looks like we got the stuff.  What kind of cake are we making for our favorite hillbilly."  The man had promised shit talking, and he was going to deliver even despite Galileo's strange kindness.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:46 pm

The second Carter steps inside Ollie's bedroom he knows he's made a bad decision. The scent of vanilla and peaches is overwhelming and just like that first day, he finds it absolutely intoxicating. How had the boy managed to find what was possibly the most delicious scent on the planet?
He tries to distract himself from the stirring in his stomach by glancing around the room. It's clearly the room of a teenage boy, but it's a teenage boy with elegant taste. Carter catches himself thinking how Ollie might enjoy his own home with all its luxuries. He feels guilty afterwards, thinking of bringing Ollie into his own bedroom. But that doesn't have to mean anything, right? He could have friends in his room. Misery had surely had Cove in their room before.
He has nothing to feel guilty about. At least that's what he's telling himself.
He takes his time walking around the room, clearly putting off the part where he has to sit down on the bed. He examines the curtains for longer than necessary before moving to the pictures, glancing over each and every one. Finally, there's no more stalling to be done.
He steps towards the bed then, trying not to look as nervous as he truly is. Slowly, he lowers himself so he's sitting on the edge near Ollie's feet. He doesn't dare to get any closer, not trusting himself when his palms are getting clammy again.
Ollie is just a kid. A beautiful kid, sure. But still, he's barely an adult. He shouldn't be making Carter feel this way just by being so close. The only one making him feel like this should be Misery.
And yet, he never tries to leave.
"I feel at home already." He finally dares to look over at Ollie as he smooths wrinkles out of his shirt. He had dressed somewhat casual today, ditching his usual suit and tie for a pair of dress pants and a navy blue silk button down. He still looked quite formal for simply a night in but it was a start. "I like it. It suits you. Elegant and beautiful." A small smirk plays on his lips. "I think you'd like my house too, maybe you could come over sometime." He doesn't realize how bad the offer sounds until it's too late so he merely smiles, hoping it doesn't sound as suggestive as he thinks it does.
They're friends, that's all.

Jett watches his alpha pulling out all the various ingredients they will need, smiling when he realizes they have everything he needs. He too was pretty sure they were running low, was prepared to improvise or risk a trip to the store if needed.
Eustass must have gone to the store without his noticing, had bought him more baking supplies. The icing was even chocolate, his favorite. The thought of Eustass buying these things just for him made his heart swell in a way he'd never admit. It was nice, having someone that cared for him.
"You bought more stuff." He spoke up quietly, smiling as he arranged the ingredients on the counter. "Thank you." He doesn't say anything else, pretending that he's not as touched as he truly is. "It doesn't have to be fancy, those rednecks have simple southern tastes, right? A vanilla cake with chocolate icing sounds fine to me." He already seems at ease as he picks out what they will need and which measuring cups. He knows all the measurements by heart, is sure he could make a simple cake in his sleep if he wanted. Years of stress baking have made sure of it. "As for what message we're going to put on top, you might have to come up with that one. I'm not so good at passive aggressive. I'm more aggressive aggressive."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 11:59 am

Oleander watches as Carter takes his time exploring the room. He can sense the mans nerves, fond smile curving pretty pink lips. It's endearing, how hard Carter is trying to pretend they are just friends. Ollie knows better.
"Wow. You must like those curtains. One would almost believe you were trying to avoid sitting with me on this bed." The boy stretched, every movement graceful without thought. "Whats wrong, Mr. Kensington? Afraid that i'm going to jump you the moment you sit down? Jesus, relax a little bit. I don't bite. Usually." Oleander lips parted, a wicked and toothy grin gracing delicate features as he watches Carter lower himself onto the bed. It's surprising to hear the man feels at home in his room. He hardly believes it. Carter is sitting on the very edge of his mattress, out of reach. Oleander catches him smoothing wrinkles out of his beautiful silk shirt. Ollie is proud to see he's grown comfortable enough to leave his suit at home. The man is devastatingly handsome in everything he wears. Oleander tries not to let his gaze linger for too long. He had only just succeeded in looking away when Carter speaks. It's almost embarrassing the way his eyes snaps up to examine Carter's face. He expects to see the man smiling, teasing. It's a shock to his system when he realizes Carter is really inviting him over to visit his home, as though that wouldn't be a terrible idea.
"Ah, Mr. Kensington. You are so innocent it's adorable. I'd love to see your house, but I suspect that your husband might not find that in good taste. And I don't blame him for one second. Im a dirty seductress, remember? I can't use my mystical powers to tempt you unless you invite me into your home. Or is that vampires? Thats definitely vampires." Oleander attempts to shrug the offer off with a joke. He can't say no, he wants it too badly. But if he says yes it might lead to him losing a friend. Oleander isn't sure he could keep his hands to himself being alone with Carter in the man's home. It's a struggle now in his room with Eustass just downstairs. Oleander is using his arms as a pillow, if only to stop himself from touching.

The alpha cringed as Jett thanked him, knowing he didn't deserve it. Galileo had done this. But how could he admit that? He was certain Gally wasn't looking for any gratitude. The beta had gone about this as though he hadn't wanted anyone to know he was doing something kind for Jett. His relationship with the beta was already strained. Eustass imagined it would be nonexistent if he ousted the boy.
Gally's pride wasn't the only issue. Jett might very well refuse to use any of this stuff if he knows that Galileo is the one who bought it. Eustass is worried if he's honest it will result in Jett going back to the couch and picking at his nails again, so anxious he can hardly breathe. The alpha wont let that happen. No matter what. If he has to he can always call Vitaly and ask the Russian to do a grocery run, but he can very well stand here and lie to Jett's face. He wont. His pack can't ever trust him if he lies, so Eustass avoids that completely. He is always honest.
"I hate to break it to you kid, but I haven't left the house today." He doesn't say Gally's name, doesn't need to. No one else had left the house. Eustass was always home with his pack on the day before a full moon, knowing that even then some of his beta would be restless feeling its effects. Leaving would risk coming home to find his house burnt to the ground by Jett and Galileo's hatred. Their fights were bad enough on a normal day, but under the full moon they got down right vicious.
The alpha waits with tension knotting his shoulders for Jett to react, hoping with all his might that the boy will simply accept it. He knows it wont happen, but he hopes nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 5:10 pm

"Definitely vampires. You've been using your mystical powers to tempt me way before I invited you into my home." Carter spoke teasingly this time. "It's not a big deal. My husband has friends in our home all the time. He was worried about you the first time I came over here alone but I told him how you're actually not an evil seductress and I kind of like you sometimes." He smirked over at the younger boy, daring to move to sit closer as if to prove just how untempted he was at the moment. He crawled up to the top of the bed where Ollie laid, trying not to let his stomach twist with nerves as he stretched out beside him. "And see? I was most definitely not nervous you'd try to jump me when I sat down. I was just... taking my time." He chuckled. Even he knew that his excuse sounded laughable. "You can't blame me, I haven't been invited into a beautiful boy's room in years. It's intimidating." He let his eyes trail over to Ollie, heart thudding just a little bit faster at the sight of him all laid out beside him.

Jett had already opened one of the jars of icing, unable to stop himself from dipping a finger in and bringing it to his mouth. He had always had a weakness for chocolate. He's already in the process of licking it clean when Eustass speaks.
If Eustass hadn't left the house today, who had?
And then it hits him, just like it had hit Eustass.
Gally.
The man had come home carrying grocery bags. Why the fuck had he bought baking supplies? He had never seen Gally try to bake anything? The only one who baked often was him. Gally had clearly bought them knowing that Jett would be the one to use them.
That couldn't mean anything good.
"Fuck." He immediately turns to the trash can, spits out the frosting in his mouth before running to the sink. He pours himself a glass of water, gargles with it before spitting it back out. "Gally must have bought it. What the fuck game is he playing?" He growled softly. "Don't eat anything, I don't trust him."
How did Gally know he stress baked? Was the bastard watching him, plotting some sort of attack? These ingredients could be poisoned for all he knew. He wouldn't put it past the other beta.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 pm

"Is it now? Well if just being in my room intimidates you, i'd love to know what you think of me. Am I intimidating, Mr.Kensington? Worried that you won't be able to stay away from me." The boy smirked, eyes flickering to the small gap between them. Even though Oleander was teasing, there did seem to be truth in his words. Carter simply kept inching closer, even despite knowing it was a bad idea. And the man did know. Oleander hadn't missed his nervous tics. Carter knew that this was dangerous, and here he was anyways.
Ollie is flattered. At least he can be secure in knowing his attraction isn't one sided. Carter so desperately wants to be his friend, but it's hard when all Oleander can think about is the man's lips, how soft they might be against his skin.
"Well you should be. I'm a delight. It's hard to stay away from someone sweet as me." The boy bats his eyelashes, playful. Oleander does come off as sweet, all until he opens his mouth. It's the hair, the high cheek bones and gunmetal eyes. They give off an illusion. In reality Oleander would never let himself be labeled as sweet. People often thought of Boyd as sweet, and Ollie refuses to end up like that. Sure, the boy has Jett now but before that he had been pathetic, chasing Malakai like some love struck puppy.
Oleander realizes with sinking shame that he'd actually done the same thing with Nikita. Maybe thats why he looks at Boyd, and he cringes. Boyd somehow moved on from Malakai, fell in love with a boy who would capture the moon for him. And here Ollie is, still struck dumb with love for Nikita, laying in bed with a married man. It seemed he was the pathetic one here, really. The boy's cheeks burn, and he looks over to his closet, examining the poster there as though he'd never seen it before. It takes a moment, but eventually he attempts changing the subject.
"So, how are you feeling? Any different yet?"

Eustass can only blink at the boy upon realizing that Jett isn't joking. He honest to god believes Galileo might have tried poisoning him. The alpha has to take a moment, reanalyze just how badly they have to hate each other for Jett to worry his life's in danger. "Kid, have you lost your mind? I know you two fight a lot but that's crazy. I'm sure he wouldn't go out of his way to poison you. And even if he would, surely he'd know better than to put it in baking supplies. My kids usually eat everything you bake." Gally and Jett might have it out for each other, but Eustass is certain that they'd never do anything to endanger the rest of the pack. Or he was, but now Jett makes him wonder. "Do you really believe Galileo is looking to kill someone?" If anything Eustass spent time worrying about the damage the beta might do to himself. He's already seen once just how careless Gally is with his own life. The alpha almost regrets telling Jett the truth. "Come on, kid. We can't let this stuff go to waste just because you're paranoid that Galileo is plotting. Besides, i'm sure we'd smell poison in our food." Eustass picked up the opened jar of icing, not pausing once as he dips a finger in just as Jett did earlier. The alpha licks it away, undeterred. He distantly thinks of how ironic it would be if he were wrong and Thatcher was receiving a phone call several hours from now explaining how Eustass had been poisoned in the crossfire of Jett and Galileo's hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changes.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes.
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Murdock/Braxton :: Carter/Misery-
Jump to: