HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Changes.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:11 am

Oleander is quiet as Carter talks, his face a blank slate all but for sharp blue eyes carefully picking the man apart with every word said. He'd been so consumed by the kiss he momentarily forgot there was a possibility of Carter turning him down.
It stings, but only for a moment. Oleander doesn't allow himself to harp over it, the edge of his lips curving into a knowing smile. He'd sworn that he wouldn't lose again, not after Nikita.
And he wont.
But Carter doesn't need to know that, not now. Ollie will let him go on believing that Misery is the one until one day Carter finally realizes he's not.
Ollie can wait. He's done it all his life.
"That's what you say now, but if you needed Misery so much you wouldn't even be here. You'd be home with him." Oleander smiles, like a cat closing in on it's prey. "But where are you Carter? My room is where you want to be, or you wouldn't have come." In Oleander's opinion, if Carter had really wanted to cut things off he could have sent a text message or called, risk hurting Ollie's feelings to the point of truly ending things between them. But what does he do? He comes over to say it in person. Carter is an honorable man, and also a foolish one. Because now he is here, and there is no escape.
"It's alright though, lover boy. I can accept your terms and conditions. But I wont lie and say I don't think you'll change your mind eventually, and come running here for good. I am pretty convincing after all, im sure you've noticed that."
Oleander refuses to admit it, but at this point he is lonely enough to settle for this, for being the third wheel in Carter's relationship with Misery, his dirty little secret.
It's embarrassing how far he's fallen.
Ollie steps forward, reaches for Carter's ringless hand, and tries to shake away the sudden ache in his chest. He reminds himself that he is a predator closing in on its prey, and he kisses Carter as though sealing the deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 am

Carter frowns as he listens to Oleander speak. His eyes drift to the ground instead, averting Ollie's gaze. The guilt is rising in his stomach, becoming a lump in his throat at the thought of Misery, waiting on him to come home. For a moment, he forgets how to breathe, so overcome with how unfaithful he is being. And then he looks back up, sets eyes on that cheeky little smile. Ollie kisses him and it's okay again. Nothing else matters because he needs this more than anything. What would he do on full moons? He's not sure his world would keep spinning without Ollie in it.
"Okay." The words come out softly, spoken in a gentle sigh as his arms wind around Ollie's waist. "I just wanted to tell you. I want to be honest about this." He cringes at the poor choice of words. "Honest... to you, at least. I don't want to lead you on for years telling you I'll end things with him just as soon as I get around to it. I don't want to leave him." Carter's hands are clammy as they grasp Ollie's. He intertwines their fingers before squeezing gently and tugging the wolf into his chest. "I don't ever want to leave you either." The words are spoken gently with his lips resting against Ollie's forehead. "So for now, I'm yours, if you'll have me." It feels like a weight has been lifted off of his chest to have it out in the open, to not have to worry about choosing between his husband and his newfound lover. There's still another weight, of course, the crushing guilt, but he will deal with that at another time. For now, things are the slightest bit easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 am

This moment would be perfect if not for Misery's shadow hanging over them, but Oleander will take what he can get. In all his seventeen years of life, Ollie hasn't experienced many of those. He can count them on two hands, and most were with Nikita. Ollie remembers the Russian's lips and how they tasted, his smile before they did something they knew they weren't supposed to. Those thoughts bring him comfort on his worst days, but lately they seem almost sullied after everything he and Nikita have been through. Ollie tells himself that's okay, he will just make new special moments with Carter. It doesn't matter that Misery is an added third wheel. Ollie has overcome bigger obstacles in his life.
And besides, there is something about Carter that would keep him coming back no matter how big of an issue Misery became. Oleander isn't sure what it is. Something about the way his heart leaps into his throat at just hearing Carter's voice, knowing he is close by. No one but Nikita has ever held such power over him. It should be alarming, but Ollie chooses not to worry. Carter says he doesn't ever want to leave him either, and Oleander lets himself believe it. Carter makes him feel like there can be something more, something good, even for him.
"Now that's what I like to hear." Petal veined fingers brush teasingly over Carter's jawline, drawing him in for a soft kiss, something gentle and sweet that ends with the mans tie becoming undone, followed by the first few buttons of his blazer.
"By the way, I really love that you were honest with me Romeo," His lips are pressed against the mans jaw, just under his ear. "Even if I do hope you'll change your mind and just decide to come be mine full time." He is kissing his way to Carter's neck then, sucking a dark hickey into ivory skin. It wont last long, but at least for now Oleander can feel as though he is marking his territory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Carter can't help but groan lowly as Ollie begins kissing his neck. He tilts his head to give the boy more room, smiling softly.
"Oh you do know how to tempt me, don't you?" He chuckles before sweeping the boy into his arms and heading for the bed. He's been craving this ever since the first time ended. He'd be completely satisfied if his life simply consisted of laying in bed with Oleander. "Now only one small thing..." He trails off as his fingers find their way to the hem of Ollie's shirt, dipping underneath to rest against his flat stomach. "What do we do about daddy dearest? I believe that you'll be okay with this arrangement but I don't think he will be." He grimaces at the thought of the threats Eustass had made regarding Carter ever touching one of his children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Oleander's smile is toothy and bright, triumphant as Carter scoops him up and heads towards the bed.  He feels weightless, pulse racing as fingers find the skin of his belly, soft and warm and something he will remember for the rest of his life.
Ollie is leaning up to kiss him when he notices the grimace on Carter's face, knows before the man speaks that he is thinking about Eustass.
The boy lets out a soft huff of exasperation, eyes rolling so hard he feels the beginnings of a headache in his temples. It isn't Carter.  He fully understands the man being worried  considering Eustass likes to threaten all the new comers.  His father is the problem.  The alpha isn't here, but his threats still hang over them.  Too bad Oleander stopped being wary of his  fathers warnings a long time ago.  They never amounted to anything more than alot of yelling, being sent to his room and watched in the hopes he wouldn't sneak out. And besides, Carter is willing and ready on his bed.  There isnt a damn thing Eustass could do that would stop him from taking advantage of this situation.
"Listen, dad wont like this no matter what we do."  Oleander is on his knees, pushing Carter down onto the mattress.  "And if it wasn't this he would have a problem with something else.  I swear, he has nothing better to do with mom gone so he spends time thinking up things to bitch at me about.  And that is all he will do, bitch and moan."
The young wolf straddles Carter's waist, a sharply tipped claw drawing gentle circles against the skin of the mans collar bone.  Warm lips caress the shell of Carter's ear, and Oleander continues in a sweeter, softer tone.  
"I'd stop him if I ever had the feeling he might do something to you. Plus you're part of the pack now so he is extra inclined to behave."  Ollie radiates reassurance, lets it seep into the beta as their foreheads touch.  "I wont let anything happen, so don't worry about it." He says it like a promise, with all the confidence of someone who doesn't know how to lose.
"All you have to worry about is me." The words are nothing more than a purred whisper, spoken as the boy leans down and kisses Carter with something akin to tenderness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:29 am

Carter is still tense, still worried about Eustass. He knows he should be. Despite what Ollie says, he knew Eustass was not messing around when he gave him the speech about what would happen if he touched his sons. He might have made some bad decisions, but he is not stupid. Carter knows he has reason to worry.
And yet, all the nerves fade away with Ollie's words. The boy soothes him in ways he will never understand. Ollie tells him it's okay and he decides to believe him. He will have plenty of time to worry at home. For now, he's got a beautiful boy straddling him. Worrying can wait.
"I think I can handle that." Carter's lips spread into a sly grin as they pull apart.

Over the next few weeks, whatever their relationship is continues. Eustass is still disapproving and lectures Ollie daily but other than that, he hasn't been much of a problem. Carter still avoids him when it's an option. Carter is consumed by guilt every waking moment unless Ollie is around. Everything is okay when they are together. The boy makes it all worth it. Ending this is no longer an option. He needs Ollie more than he cares to admit. What they share was never just sex but now it has definitely evolved into something more. Carter almost wants to say he's falling in love again. He's taken Ollie to meet his family, telling them all that he and Misery had an awful divorce and this was his new partner. His mother had almost cried tears of joy at the news, loved Oleander more than any lover either of her boys had ever brought home. Carter couldn't lie, it was nice getting to show off someone who flourished under all the attention. It was what he'd always wanted. Ollie seemed meant for this life, fit in just like he too had been raised to be a millionaire.
Nothing could replace Misery in his heart, but he kind of liked leading a double life, finally getting to show off a gorgeous young lover who he admittedly spoiled way too much.
Today he is at home with Misery, though he has already considered sneaking off later tonight. It's not that he doesn't enjoy time with his husband but he can hardly stomach the guilt now. He needs to get away but he also knows he owes Misery a nice stay home day together. They are still in bed even though it's nearly noon. Lazy days used to be his favorite but now they only make him antsy, waiting for the moment Misery will notice something and call him out. Carter is nuzzling the man's neck when his advanced hearing picks up on a car turning into their long driveway. He picks his head up, peeks out the window and panics at the sight of his brother's car.
Cash has not come to visit in months, why is he now?
He slips out of bed, hoping Misery won't notice as he slips into his boxers and a robe. He quickly jogs downstairs, hoping to catch Cash before he comes inside and realizes that the husband Carter supposedly divorced still lives here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:06 am

Cash has already let himself inside. On any other day he would have respected his little brothers privacy and knock like the gentleman he is. After the call he'd received last night however, Cash doesn't feel very courteous. A man who'd claimed himself to be Oleander's father had called him, informing Cash that he didn't appreciate Carter leading his son on in a relationship while still being married to Misery. And Cash, protective as he is, took Carter's side and did not react particularly well at first. But this man swears he's telling the truth, adamant that Cash should see for himself, and then damn well do something about it. Its a miracle Cash hadn't hung up on him. He would have, a few months before. But this is after and Cash cannot stomach the thought of his baby brother being a cheater. Carter has never lied to him before. If thats true then there shouldn't be an issue if he shows up at the mans door to see for himself.
Cash is making his way around the first lavish living room, pausing in front of the fireplace to admire the large portrait hanging over it. Carter and Misery on their wedding day. They are both wearing black tuxedo's, though Misery's is missing the most irritating pieces of the suit. Cash distantly remembers that he had refused to wear white, and it had drastically upset their mother who hadn't wanted the wedding to happen in the first place.
Cash stares at the portrait and feels his stomach bottoming out. He can hear Carter on the staircase, descending so quickly Cash is almost afraid he will trip. The man doesn't turn to face him though, he stands regal with his shoulders straight, an unmovable rock.
An obvious sign he's pissed.
Cash takes a moment to listen for Carter's breathing, knows the man so well he doesn't have to look in order to know he's most likely only wearing a robe and a guilty expression considering how quickly he'd rushed down stairs to greet him.
Cash decides to play the fool, see just how long Carter is willing to lie to his face.
"I apologize if I caught you at a bad time. Is Oleander upstairs sleeping? How does he feel about Misery's portraits still hanging on the wall? He didn't strike me as the type who would allow that." Cash is loosening his tie, finally turning to look at Carter. His lips are twitched into an all knowing smirk. He always looks like that though when Carter's concerned. When they were smaller Cash actually had him believing that there was nothing he didn't know, about anything. Carter has out grown those things though. Cash had also told him that his eyes would turn blue if he lied, and their mother was actually a witch and thats why shes so mean and gone all the time.
They were children then, and obviously closer than they are now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Carter rounds the corner and nearly cringes at the sight of his brother standing there, clearly livid. When he turns, there's a smirk on his face but Carter knows better. He only sighs, hangs his head in shame.
He had meant to tell Cash, really. He had never liked keeping secrets from his brother but he simply knew the man would never approve, would just make him feel worse than he already did. They didn't see each other nearly as often now so he figured it would be much easier to keep it from the man.
Apparently he had been wrong.
"Cash, please. I'll explain everything, just don't say anything to him." Carter glances back up to meet his brother's gaze, full of disapproval and clasps his hands together, pleading. "Please don't ruin this for me. You don't understand. I'm sorry for hiding it from you but I knew you wouldn't, no one does." Carter sighs heavily, drags a hand through his hair. He looks rough, almost aged from the last time Cash had seen him just a few weeks ago. The stress of keeping his two relationships separated is definitely taking its toll on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Carter hangs his head in shame, and Cash lets him. It's good to know that at the very least Carter feels bad about the mess he's made here. The good feeling vanishes as quickly as it came, ruined when Carter finally speaks, clasps his hands together and has the gall to ask that Cash keep quiet about this.
The man feels his right eyebrow twitch, has to breathe out of his nose in order to keep composed. Carter has some nerve to ask him for anything, but Cash doesn't interrupt. He gives his brother the opportunity to explain, even if it's only for Carter's benefit. Cash knows what he has to say, and while Carter talks, Cash observes. Grey eyes trail across exhaustion lines on Carter's face, taking in the dark smudges left from far too many sleepless nights. It snuffs out the worst of his rage, brings to life a twinge of concern that lodges itself in Cash's chest. Personal feelings can wait. Carter's wellbeing is important. He allows his brother time to finish but doesn't seem to hear anything he's said because the next thing out of his mouth has nothing to do with Oleander or Misery, not even the lies Carter has been telling.
"When's the last time you slept?" Cash moves towards him, graceful with every step. His voice though is nothing but authoritative. "Have you been eating enough?" Careful fingers press curiously against Carter's abdomen. Cash doesn't seem pleased when he draws his hand away. A part of him still wants to ask why Carter lied. To say he wouldn't understand isn't enough. Cash understands plenty, even if he doesn't agree.
"How long have you been keeping this up for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Carter is grimacing, waiting for his brother to respond hopefully with disappointment, but acceptance.
Instead, he gets the man worrying, prodding at him like when they were kids and he came home with any sort of bump or scratch.
"I'm fine." Carter practically whines, gently takes the man's hands in his own and places them back down at his side. "I got a few hours sleep last night and I've skipped a few meals while I'm at Ollie's but it's not going to kill me." Carter shoos off the notion without even considering that Cash might be worried for a reason. He has been training more with the pack, enough that he should be eating more, not less. It definitely shows. He's gaining muscle in his arms but his stomach is much more flat than it's ever been. "It's been about five weeks, little over a month. I just need you to hear me out. You know what I told you when I introduced Oleander to you the other week at mom's banquet? How he's really helped me out with this werewolf thing? Well that was all true. I need him more than you can possibly understand. And I know you'll say that I should just end things with Misery instead of keeping this up but it's not like I've fallen out of love with him. I can't do that either. So for now I'm just... stuck." He sighs heavily, shoulders deflating as he looks up at is brother, hopes not to receive a lecture like when they were younger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 pm

Carter tries brushing him off.  Cash is having absolutely none of that.  Honestly Carter should know better by now.  Cash tolerated many things, having his words fall on deaf ears is not one of them.  When Cash speaks, he expects Carter to listen.
"You don't look fine.  You seem to have lost a considerable amount of weight.  From my understanding this isn't normal."  When Eustass called him last night the man hadn't needed to search for his number.  The alpha received a call from Cash immediately after he'd become aware of Carter's transformation. The man had refused to stop calling until Eustass told him everything.  Cash might not see Carter as much, but he's still every bit as protective as he was when they were children, stopping Sloan from taking Carter's toys and sitting up with him on the nights their parents were gone. Cash had been present for all of his brothers important days, every graduation and achievement.  Watching over Carter had given him a sense of purpose, made him into the man he is today.
And still, Cash doesn't let his brother get away with anything.
"I have not come here to judge you.  I came to check on you."  Cash's jaw is taut, the only indication of his frustration.  His words are measured and careful, his face a perfectly blank slate.  He is doing his best not to lecture.  It's always his first instinct, telling Carter what to do and how to do it in order to get out of whatever unfortunate situation he's made for himself.  This time is different though.  Carter obviously doesn't feel like listening, and he doubts he could say anything to change his brothers mind.  This is simply one of those things Carter will have to work out for himself.  All Cash can do is be here to pick up the pieces whenever things inevitably fall apart.
"That being said, I wont stand here and ask you anymore questions.  You've made the situation clear and I cannot do anything about that.  But I can tell you that if you don't start taking better care of yourself I will make it my business to see you get three square meals a day."  Cash smiles, all perfect teeth and confidence. "We are Kensingtons afterall. You have to keep up the looks for the family's sake. If people start talking it could get back to mother.  You know how exhausting that would be, don't you?"  It's an extremely polite threat, and Cash isn't sorry in the slightest. He might not be able to stop his brother from ruining his marriage, but at the very least he can assure that Carter wont keel over and die considering how much he's been pushing himself lately.
The man is staring Carter down, his gaze level, bordering on professional.  
"Are we clear on that? I'll hold my tongue for you, and in return you will act like a well rounded person and take care of yourself. I don't want this coming out in the tabloids either.  That would be unseemingly scandalous.  So be careful." At this point Cash is thinking damage control, and at the very least Carter will come out of this with his image intact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:12 am

Carter only relaxes when Cash finally confirms that he will hold his tongue. He lets out a sigh of relief, leans back against the wall and barely manages to refrain from rolling his eyes.
"God, you sound like mother when you talk about the tabloids and the Kensington family name. Are you aware?" Carter looks annoyed and wears a slight smirk at the same time because for a moment, he remembers how nice it is to have Cash around, to have someone looking out for him. "Thank you though, for holding your tongue and for checking on me. I guess I could try to make sure I take care of myself a bit better. It's just been a lot more work than I thought lately, keeping track of everything." He trails off, waiting for the judgement that has yet to come but he knows surely has to be lurking just beneath the surface. "What brought you over here today anyways? And since when do you not knock, mother would be ashamed of your manners." Carter speaks almost teasingly, hoping to change the subject to something lighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Cash knows he sounds like their mother. Even so, he hates being reminded and feels a dark eyebrow twitch as Carter points it out.  He notices that Carter is still awaiting judgement, can see it in the way his shoulders are tensed. Cash decides to let him squirm.  On a normal day he might've sat on his high horse and told Carter off about how despicable it was to do such a thing, deceiving the people he claims to love.  He might have, if the mere mention of cheating didn't weigh so heavily on his heart. At present he doesn't have the stomach for it, but at the very least he can answer Carter's question and steer the conversation to something else.  
"I came because I got a call from Olender's father about you two and the mess you're making together."  Cash gives his brother a moment to process, knows it isn't news to him that Eustass is angry.  The alpha seemed to have made that much clear with everyone.
"He asked if I would try reasoning with you.  I didn't believe him so I came to see for myself.  Manners didn't matter much to me after that.  I wanted to take a free glance around your living room and see for myself who you were officially with."  Cash knows how divorces work, unfortunately.  Especially the worst ones.  He'd taken down all photos of his ex-wife, and just to be petty he had watched them burn after their divorce became finalized.  If Carter had truly left Misery these portraits would have been taken down long ago.  It's a slap to his face, a blow to his pride knowing that he was Misery in this situation only a month before.
Cash lets out an exhausted huff of air, watches blankly as a piece of silky black hair falls into his face. He pushes it back quickly as it fell, somehow still manages to look dignified even despite his personal frustrations.
"It seems as though i'll be forced to call Eustass back and tell him I failed in reasoning with you."  He clears his throat, sounds every bit as though he is preparing to make a bad business call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 am

From the moment Cash explains that he is here at Eustass's request, all Carter can do is stare with an open mouth.
"Please tell me you're joking." He continues to gawk at his brother, waiting for an answer that he knows he won't get. "I cannot believe he- how could he just- the audacity!" Carter sputters before finally settling on his words, slams his fist against the nearest wall in a temper tantrum very uncharacteristic of him.
But then again, he had never had a temper before he had been turned. He doesn't even realize that his fangs are out until he accidentally draws blood from his bottom lip. Carter knows he should take a moment to breathe like he always does when he shifts out of emotion, but he can't force himself to pause right now. He can't remember being so angry since he'd gone through the transformation. This is a dangerous line he's walking and on another day he might be worried but right now, all he can do is think that he needs to see Eustass and he needs to see him right now.
"No, you're not going to call him back because we're going over there right now so I can give him a piece of my mind." Carter mutters as he trudges back upstairs to dress and alert Misery that he's leaving.
He does make the effort to calm down before entering the bedroom, pleased with himself when he is able to get his fangs to cooperate with him.
"Misery, darling." Carter calls as he heads for the closet, pulls out a suit nicer than one he would normally wear to Eustass's because Misery will need to think he's off on business. "Cash came over unannounced. He needs me to accompany him to a business function today. Are you going to be alright here by yourself?" He glances over his shoulder as he dresses to make sure the boy is awake and listening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Cash can see that Carter is upset, but its a credit to his willpower that he keeps from jumping at the impact of his brothers fist against the nearest wall.  He's seen Carter throw a tantrum before but not like this.  His brother is known for using his words, not his fists.  
Cash straightens his shoulders, keeps his head held high even as Carter shifts. It's shocking to see, but that doesn't show on his face.  Cash keeps a level stare, like an adult waiting for their toddler to finish their outburst.
Carter finishes by announcing his plan to confront the alpha and Cash feels all the blood leave his face.  
His brother starts heading up the stairs, leaves him sputtering at the bottom.
"Carter you wait just a moment now!" The man tries breathing through his nose, counting backwards from ten.  None of that is helping him regain composure as Carter walks away, going up to his room where he knows Cash wont follow.  The man has never dared to intrude while knowing his brother might have a naked boy in his bed.
Still though, Cash will be forced to stop him before he goes and gets himself killed.  He's never actually seen Eustass before, but Carter has told him enough.  Even over the phone, Eustass sounds massive.
Massively pissed off, that is.
Cash tightens the tie around his neck, finds a hanging mirror in order to glance over his appearance.  If he fails, this could potentially turn into his first time meeting the alpha.  He hopes that maybe Eustass will like him enough that he decides to give Carter a second chance.  They might be in a bad place right now, but Kensington men always rise to the top.

Misery was already sitting up in bed, one of Carter's silk button shirts hanging loosely around lithe shoulders.  The boy looked as if he'd been waiting for Carter to come back, perched in his husbands spot as though to keep it warm until he returned.
Carter doesn't greet him.  The man goes straight to their closet and Misery knows he is leaving before his words hit the air.
The boy feels himself deflate.  Its subtle, only the tiniest shift in expression as he watches Carter looking through his extensive collection of designer suits.  
"Thats too bad. I was hoping we'd finally have a day to ourselves.  It feels like it's been years since we've slept in together."   The boy curls into himself a little more, and smiles as though its no big deal, as if Carter isn't gone so much he's beginning to feel like he lives alone in this near castle sized house.
"Oh well, I guess it can't be helped.  It's rare Cash comes around so he probably really needs you."  Misery needs him too, but the boy doesn't mention that.  He isn't blind to the bruise like smudges under his husbands eyes, knows the man is already so stressed over work he's losing sleep.  He notices the weight loss as well, even if he doesn't get the time to touch Carter like he used to.  Misery watches and he knows, tries calling every day around lunch to make sure the man isnt forgetting to eat.  Carter has so much on his shoulders right now, Misery wouldn't dare add onto that by making the man feel bad for leaving. Instead he moves to help Carter find a tie that matches his business suit.  
"I'll be fine here by myself.  Just so long as you miss me while you're gone."  Misery smiles, a playful flash of teeth as he wraps the tie around Carter's neck. He has been doing this for so many years now, slender fingers working the fabric into place in seconds, a perfect knot. The boy doesn't step away immediately.  He lingers with his hands on Carter's shoulders, leans up just enough that their lips brush.  It's tender and sweet, full of all the love Carter is never home to receive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:12 am

Carter doesn’t even register his husband’s words at first, still so full of anger that it distracts from the guilt for a few blissful seconds.
And then he turns to face Misery. The man does his tie like he has for years now and Carter can’t help but smile softly. He remembers when they’d met, Misery had no clue how to do a tie. By now he’s a professional, expertly knots it within seconds. It makes something in Carter’s chest ache.
He kisses his husband deeply, keeps their foreheads resting together when they’re finished as his hands come up to cradle Misery’s cheeks.
“I’m sorry I’ve been gone so much. I was looking forward to our sleep in day too. I promise you,” He trails off for a moment, thinks of any commitments he’s made to Ollie or the pack, or any actual business meetings. “Tuesday. Tuesday is a just you and me day. I pinky promise that no matter what comes up or who needs me to do something that I will tell them I’ve already got a prior commitment. Because we are not moving from this bed until at least two in the afternoon and that’s only to get some takeout and move our cuddling downstairs and watch whatever godawful movie your heart desires. Sound like a plan?” Carter presses a gentle kiss to Misery’s nose once he is finished speaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Carter is tense, and Misery hadn't failed to notice the note of anger in his tone when he'd come in.  He carefully massages the mans shoulders and wonders what exactly had happened to cause such an uproar, and then reminds himself that its easier than it had been to get Carter riled up these days.  Misery assures himself its nothing big, probably just a business problem like the man said.  Carter doesn't lie to him.
He's been telling himself these things alot lately. Almost enough to believe them.
The man smiles at him, kisses his lips and cradles his face.  Its soft and sweet and it makes all of Misery's worry melt away. Carter promises him Tuesday and the boy rewards him with a rare flash of teeth, the happiness swelling in his chest impossible to contain.
"It sounds more like a date, but okay.  Im sure you'll make it worth the wait, you always do."  Its bittersweet letting him go, but Misery hangs onto the hope of Tuesday.  He understands that if Cash has shown up it must really be urgent.  He has no right to be upset over something so small as an afternoon alone.
"I love you to the moon and back Carter.  Be safe for me."  Misery hugs the man tightly, lanky arms fastened lovingly around Carter's waist.  It only lasts a moment though.  The boy is determined not to make this harder than it has to be.
"Tell your brother hello for me."  Misery smiles and gently nudges Carter towards the door.  "Im sure he's down stairs waiting for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Carter thinks about the hug more than he normally would, savors the feeling of his husband nestled against his chest. When he pulls back and moves for the door, he almost feels bad enough to stay.
But then he remembers his brother downstairs and what had brought him here today. If Eustass is willing to call his family, what if he just decided to call Misery one day? What if he had called Carter’s mother instead of Cash? He doubts she would care as long as he kept bringing Oleander around but regardless, Carter knows he needs to put a stop to this.
So with one last goodbye and I love you, he heads down the stairs and walks straight past his brother to the front door.
“Come on, we’re going now.” Carter knows his brother will try to stop him so he never gives him the chance, only pauses to grab his keys before heading out the front door towards his car. He knows Cash will be close behind, his brother is predictable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am

Carter isn't wrong, his brother follows fast on his heels. But for once Cash had made no real attempt to stop him, and he had no plans to.  At this point he was too tired to fight, exhausted by his own battles. Cash tells himself that this isn't his business, and he is only tagging along to make sure Eustass doesn't try to harm his little brother.  
Besides, he has seen this look in Carter's eye before, knows he is the kind of determined that can't be touched by words.  He will do this with or without Cash, so it might as well be with him.
The man gracefully slides into the passenger seat and doesn't bother with trying to be the voice of reason.  He watches Carter from the corner of his eye, and wonders how much else has changed since they'd actually spent time together.
He is almost afraid to find out.  Cash likes to think of Carter as his innocent little brother, a little spoiled and a little conceited but still sweet  and kind to his core.
He doesn't recognize this angry man at his side. Cash doesn't know him anymore, but he wants to.
"So, do we have a plan or are we just going to show up and start yelling?" Remarkably the words don't sound condescending, only curious and wary. He is truly not trying to judge.  He wants to be on Carter's side, it doesn't matter if he's right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 am

Carter is trying to calm himself as he begins to drive, even if it doesn’t look like it. He does what he has practiced, takes deep breaths and pictures Misery. However, it doesn’t work now because all it does is remind him how Eustass has invaded his privacy, could have ruined his marriage by sending someone over to his home unannounced.
His claws puncture the steering wheel but he tries again, this time picturing Ollie.
It almost works but Eustass still creeps into his mind, only able to think of how the man was trying to break them apart.
Cash’s words snap him out of his trance and he lightly glares at his brother before it settles in that the man is serious, not passing judgement. His face is genuine and kind. It’s what Carter needs right now.
Slowly, he calms.
“Probably just show up and start yelling. I don’t know what kind of a plan to have. I just want to strangle him but I know that wouldn’t end well.” He sighs, loosens his grip on the wheel. “I’m sorry for getting so angry. I wish you could understand.” Carter pauses, trying to gather the right words. “It’s like... you have all this bottled up anger inside of you. All the time. I can be happy or sad or nervous and still in the back of my mind there’s this little hint of the anger seeping out. So whenever I actually get even slightly irritated, it all comes flying out at once. I’m still trying to learn how to get it back in the bottle. Normally I need to think of Misery or Ollie but even that didn’t work this time because they’re involved with what I’m mad about.” He quiets down when he’s finished speaking, hoping Cash will at least understand that he wasn’t just being a child on purpose, even if he can’t really understand the feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Cash watches from the corner of his eye as Carter's claws puncture the steering wheel, cutting clean through expensive leather.  Months ago he might have been more concerned about the money he'd have to spend in order to get that fixed, how such anger looked tasteless on his brother.  
He'd have looked Carter in the eye and coldy reminded him that "Kensington's don't make a scene."  It's bad publicity, it would reflect on their family.
Today those things are at the back of his mind, even as Carter turns to glare at him. Cash isn't phased by the look.  He has a way of talking that comes off aloof, maybe even rude at times. Cash hardly notices it anymore.  It's how he talks when he does business, and these days it seems like all he does is work.  
He gives Carter time to calm down, the passive expression on his face containing shock when the man begins to actually open up and explain himself.  Cash listens patiently, and tries to imagine himself in his brother position.
"I understand you just fine, Carter.  Anger is a hard emotion to control. You can believe that i've experienced my fair share of it.  The key is learning how to contain it.  Not every fight is worth the effort.  And sometimes too much anger comes back to bite you in the ass. You simply learn how to choose."  It had taken Cash a long time, but he finally realized his marriage wasn't worth fighting for.  He counts it as one of the hardest lessons he's ever learned. He still has his anger, but he isn't allowing it to run his life anymore.  
"Im here for whatever you want to do though.  Just don't go get yourself killed. I'd hate to fight a werewolf. And while I know you are very angry, I can assure you that he is also very angry, and to be honest he has more reason to be.  You are defending a marriage.  He feels like he is defending his child. Im not saying this to stop you, just so that you understand this man isn't going to be easy to talk with. He wont hear a word you say. " Cash wants to offer Carter comfort, but he doesn't know how. All he's ever been good at is making sure his brother keeps a level head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Carter listens to his brother and for a moment he even smiles, shaking his head.
“I do appreciate you being protective and ready to defend me. But I’d like to see you try to fight an angry werewolf.” He chuckles, glances over at his brother and for a second is reminded of a simpler time, when his biggest problem in the world was mother scolding him for wearing the wrong color tie to her business formal. He’d used to think that was the worst thing in the world. He’s just now starting to realize how young and foolish he’d been. It’s been years since he cared about what mother thought.
Cash continues speaking and Carter’s smile falls.
“His child is the one that wanted this. Ollie is the one that started this. I know I look like the big creepy predator but he pursued me!” Carter groans, drags a finger through his hair and just now remembers to slip his wedding ring off and into his pocket. “I understand wanting to protect your son but his son is a grown adult who is much more mature than he thinks. Ollie understands what we are, I’m not leading him on. He can make his own decisions.” Deep down, of course Carter knows he’s the one in the wrong. But rational thinking has never been his strong suit. He’s come a long way over the years but growing up with everything you could ever want had a way of creating a spoiled brat attitude. Carter could never seem to shake it.

Malakai is on the living room couch, lying with his head in his father’s lap when he hears the car pulling into the driveway. He knows what Eustass did, knew it was only a matter of time before Carter showed up.
Another heartbeat is in the car, though, and Mal doesn’t recognize it as Misery’s. It must be the brother that his dad had spoken to.
For Ollie’s sake, he hopes the man hadn’t succeeded in getting through to Carter. He thinks of what someone in Carter’s family must look like. Carter looks stuffy enough and he’s informed Mal that he is considered casual compared to his relatives. He pictures a stuffy older man in a boring suit with rectangular framed glasses and perfectly gelled hair. Little does he know that’s definitely not what he’s going to get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Carter takes his wedding ring off, hides it in his pocket.  The movements make Cash's stomach churn.  He might be expected to say something condescending after Carter's rant, but nothing comes.  Cash takes it all in, and tries desperately to put himself in Carter's shoes.  He wants to understand his brother, wants to know how a thing like this comes to happen.
The driveway is just ahead of them now.  Cash inhales deeply, holds it, and finally submits to the inevitable.  
"I suppose we have passed the point of talking, then." Cash pulls down the passenger side mirror, uses it to give himself a quick but detailed once over.  He finds that his tie is still loosened,  bangs have fallen enough to obscure his eyes.  A nimble hand reaches to push the hair back, carefully smoothing stray strands into place before moving on to the tie. He does it without thinking, a habit.
Its fast work, blink and you'll miss it.  The tiny details complete the image though, and it will make a difference to Eustass once they finally meet eye to eye.  His silver tongue might just be what saves Carter's life today.
"Just promise me that you will at least try not to start off by yelling. There is usually only one place to go from there."  Violence.  Physical or emotional.  Though considering everything Eustass had said over the phone, Cash is certain it would be more on the physical side.
"I hadn't planned on fighting a werewolf today, but I will if it comes to that." The man is surprisingly sincere, even though they both know he hasn't physically fought anyone since grade school.  
Cash sees movement from the corner of his eye.  When he glances over he  notices Oleander standing in a window on the second story.  The boy is waving, all flashing teeth and bright eyes.  Cash can tell he's surprised to see Carter though, and maybe even slightly alarmed when he realizes someone has come with him.

Eustass had been expecting them to pull up.  He could hear them coming from miles away.  And still, it wasn't so important that he'd felt the need to move Malakai from his lap and worry about it.  Carter is nothing more than a petulant man-child as far as the alpha is concerned, and he will be treated accordingly. Eustass has already checked Carter's heartbeat, knows the man's pulse is racing.  It wont be a surprise if he shows up and throws a fit.  
It has to be Cash in the car with him.  The alpha is curious to set eyes on the man he'd spoken to, who defended Carter with every breath and sounded outright offended when Eustass told him the truth of what was going on here.
"Hear that kiddo?  That's the sound of a rich fool who just doesn't know when to quit."  Eustass sighs,  heavy with disappointment.  He'd been enjoying the bonding time with his sweetest child.  At this point Carter is nothing but a burden, a thorn constantly wiggling in his side and disturding his children.
"Well then, if you want a show you can watch from the front porch. Don't come too close though, just in case Carter get's quick at the mouth and I have to slow him down a little ya."  The alpha gently moves Malakai's head from his lap, drops a kiss to his temple.  And then he is standing, ready to go and see what Carter has to say that is so important it warrants a rage visit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Malakai stands and moves after his father, reaches out to grab his arm before he gets to the front door.
“Just please don’t really hurt him, daddy. I know you’re just looking out for Ollie but you know he won’t want Carter hurt.” Mal locks eyes with his father, makes sure the man has heard him before turning to bound up the stairs and get his twin. “Ollie!” He calls, not surprised to find the boy coming his way. “Come on, this is probably gonna get ugly.”
In hindsight, he knows that he probably should have warned Oleander beforehand that Eustass called Carter’s brother. But he knew there was nothing Ollie could do about it after the deed was done. All it would do is make his sibling and father fight all last night into this morning. Now the fighting can all happen at once and hopefully be over with. He knows his family is stubborn but surely one of them will have to cave today.

Carter’s eyes lock on Ollie in the upstairs window and he forces himself to breathe.
He was trying for Cash but it was Ollie that made him truly listen. For Ollie, he would try to be good. He won’t force the boy to choose between him and his father today. He will try to avoid the violence.
He doesn’t knock before swinging the door open, is only slightly surprised to nearly run into the alpha’s towering form.
“You tattled on me to my big brother?” Carter’s voice is calm, not angry, and only slightly challenging. “I wasn’t aware we were in grade school.” His lips are pursed in a tight line once he is finished speaking, a mirror image of how his brother had looked this morning. Only now does he realize that having Cash here by his side is a help instead of a hindrance. His brother, always the gentleman, encourages him to keep his composure like he used to during disagreements. He’s reminded of how much better that tends to work instead of anger.
Malakai pops back into the room, dragging Ollie behind him, just in time to hear these words. The second he lays eyes on the three men at the door, he stops in his tracks.
Carter’s brother may just be the most beautiful man he’s ever seen.
For a moment, he merely stares, mouth wide open. And then he seems to remember all at once that he hadn’t showered yesterday and he’s still in his pajamas with ginger locks sticking out in multiple directions. He can’t stand the thought of this being his first impression on this gorgeous man.
So what does he do?
He ducks back behind the railing to the staircase, prays that the man hadn’t seen him over all the commotion with Carter and Eustass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 am

The door swings open, and Eustass catches it with his hand.  He is in no mood for Carter's petulance, and it shows in the way his upper lip curls just the slightest bit at the sight of him.  
"Yeah I did.  He didn't seem to be aware that you are cheating on your husband with someone not long out of grade school himself."  The alpha is aware that he is being challenged.  He could fix that in seconds if he wanted to, make Carter submit and potentially embarrass him in front of Oleander and his brother.  It would be easy to do.  But Eustass remember's Malakai's hand on his arm, how the boy had looked him in the eyes and asked for Carter's safety.
It's the only thing that stops him from taking a step towards the man, his fists instead  grasping empty air at his sides.
"But lets be honest here.  You didn't come because I called Cash ya.  You came because it would be highly unfortunate for you if my hand slipped and I dialed your mother.  Or worse, Misery himself."
To Eustass's credit he didn't say the words maliciously.  They are stated as facts instead of threats, but the possibility is there.
"You shouldn't be surprised by that though.  I already gave you fair warning about how ugly this could get.  You come into my house and disrespect me by putting your hands on my son and expect me to just let it go unchecked? Come on now Carter, even you know better than that."

In retrospect, Cash knows he should have been paying more attention to the pissed off alpha who stands over six feet tall and glowers like he might decide to crush them at any given second. In the moment though, Cash gets over the initial shock of seeing Eustass in record time.  All his attention goes straight past the alpha, to Oleander and the striking redhead beside him.
Oh man.  Cash didn't know he had a thing for red hair but he realizes it now.  He is drawn to the color like moth to a flame, mouth slightly open in enchantment as he takes in the boys face, sprinkled with freckles and framed by bangs of fire. Cash had never believed in love at first sight, but this is it.  In all the story books and poems he's read, this is the feeling they describe.
It's almost childish the way his heart plummets when the boy sees him and immediately starts to retreat behind the staircase.
He forces himself to take a measured breath, and hopes that the alpha hadn't noticed any changes in his expression.
"Excuse us sir.  Im sure Carter meant to introduce me.  He also probably meant to knock, so I hope you can forgive the intrusion."  The man steps forward, nearly puts himself between his brother and the alpha scowling down at them.
"I am Cash Kensington.  We spoke over the phone.  And while I understand your anger I ask that you also try and understand Carter's side of things."  He squares his shoulders, and looks every bit like a lawyer preparing to defend a client in court. "This is a very difficult time for him and while that does not completely excuse what he is doing it's at least reason enough for you to give him a break, don't you agree?"
Eustass wants to argue with him, but nothing Cash had said was wrong.  It's still not right, but he accepts that Carter is going through a rough time. The bite changes everything, even marriage.
But he isn't worried about Carter's side of things.  All he cares about is Ollie, and how his child will feel when things inevitably end between them.
He looks past Cash, eyes burning into Carter when he speaks, "Who is going to give Oleander a break when you finally decide this isn't working for you anymore? You act like he is an adult but he just isn't there yet. He is still young, and this could ruin him. Do you really want that? Have you even thought about it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    

Back to top Go down

Changes.
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Murdock/Braxton :: Carter/Misery-
Jump to: