Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dacey Riley-Braxton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carter Kensington

Carter Kensington

Dacey Riley-Braxton Empty
PostSubject: Dacey Riley-Braxton   Dacey Riley-Braxton EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 am

Here's the little ficlet things I wrote with Daceyy. They're not very good but here they areee. Enjoy tongue

“Dacey, sweetie you gotta go to school.” Brynn sighed. “I know it’s hard but it’s been almost three weeks.”
“I don’t want to.” Dacey murmured, still refusing to even get out of the bed to go get dressed for school.
“Sweetheart…”
“I don’t want to go.” The boy repeated.
Ever since “the incident” about three weeks ago, Dacey hadn’t left the home. He’d been refusing. Brynn didn’t understand. He knew it was traumatizing, especially for a kid, it’d even stirred him up a bit, but Shion seemed just fine… Briley and Brynn had let both of the boys stay home for about a week after the event, but then Shion had been fine and ready to go back. Dacey however, begged and pleaded until they gave in and let him stay another week. And then another. But today, they told him he had to go back finally.
Briley stepped in, frowning at his son.
“Baby, come on. It’ll be alright. I’m sure all your friends miss you.”
“No.”
“Dacey-“
“I’m NOT going.” Dacey said firmly.
“Don’t use that tone with me.” Briley shook his head. “You’re going.”
“I’M NOT!” Dacey hollered, throwing the blanket off of himself and storming out of the room into the bathroom, locking himself in.
Brynn and Briley shared a glance before Briley headed off, asking his father for the spare key he kept for all those times Mike or Kevin had done the same thing. When he opened the door, Dacey was brushing his teeth calmly like it had never happened. He had gotten dressed like he normally did for spending the day at home.
“Dacey, come on. Get your bag and let’s go or I’ll MAKE you go to school.” Briley hated being so controlling but he HAD to go. He was missing way too much already.
“NO.” Dacey repeated. So Briley scooped the boy up and put him over his shoulder, heading downstairs and towards the door as Dacey pounded on his back.
But the second Briley took a step out the door, the loudest scream he’d ever heard sounded. Dacey was screaming bloody murder, kicking his legs and flailing his arms wildly. He reached out, grabbing onto the door frame, clawing at it, trying to keep himself inside the home. The wood chipped his nails and there were splinters all through his hands as he tried so desperately to cling to his house.
And Briley was only on the porch. Dacey’s eyes darted around everywhere, seeing danger in every corner and crevice. He wanted inside… it was safe there.
Briley’s eyes were wide with shock. Dacey was acting insane. But he backed up and set the boy down inside the door, watching his rapid breathing slowly go down to normal.
Brynn and Briley were both looking at him nervously. Shion popped into the room with his backpack.
“Is he okay?” The boy raised an eyebrow at his brother sitting on the floor wide eyed.
“He’s fine…” Brynn replied. He hoped so.
“Maybe we should have momma look at him…”
Brynn nodded in agreement and they asked Mike to come talk to Dacey.
Several hours later, Mike sat them down on the couch, they’d sent Dacey and Shion into the kitchen.
“I’m not too sure, but I think he’s got a severe case of agoraphobia…This is more David’s sort of thing. It’s a mental disorder. It doesn’t usually set in until kids are older after a traumatic experience. It’s a fear of… well it can be a couple different things. With him it’s either wide open spaces or social situations which are uncontrollable to him. He could have a panic attack when he’s put in those situations. He won’t leave the house anymore.”
“Well for how long?” Brynn asked, his eyes concerned.
“Want the truth or the optimistic bullshit?”
“Truth.” Briley sighed, looking at his mother.
“It could be years. Even the rest of his life.”
Brynn’s jaw nearly dropped as he looked over at his fiancĂ©.
“I’m so sorry. I should have been watching him closer and-“ This was all his fault…
“Shh, Brynn. It’s not your fault.” Briley shook his head as he wrapped his arms around the boy before turning back to his mother. “Is there anything we can do?”
“We can have David come over and see him once a week. He’ll can talk to him and he’ll probably have other methods to help with it.” Mike nodded.
“Alright.” Briley nodded lightly, glancing towards the room where his children were. He was worried…
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cove groaned softly, putting his head in his hands. Children were too goddamned stressful.
“Something wrong?” Misery arched an eyebrow at him.
“Daceh. Heh’s got some disease.” Cove sighed, massaging his temples. “Ah don’t know what ta doh.” He admitted lightly.
“What’s the matter with him?” Misery loved Cove’s children to death, he was worried about them.
“Heh’s got agoraphobiah. Tha freak took them out tha other week and they got mugged. Daceh’s not taken et well... Heh won’t leave the house. Weh have ta get hem therapeh… find hem a tutor since heh can’t go ta school…” The list went on and on, Cove was stressed as hell.
“Hey, calm down Cove.” Misery frowned. “Look, I can get one of my kids to tutor him. They’re both pretty smart. It’ll be okay Cove. I promise.”
“Thank ya, Misereh…” Cove sighed softly as he pulled the boy to his chest.
And like Misery had promised, the next day, Kaiden Kensington stood at the Riley’s front door, his hands in his pockets uncomfortably. He wasn’t the smart one, Quinn was, he wasn’t sure why his mother had asked him to do this.
Misery normally would have asked Quinn, but the boy was always so busy with school stuff and his drawing, he figured it was better to ask Kaiden. Not like he was stupid, Quinn was just ridiculously intelligent.
Cove opened the door and smiled at the boy.
“Thank ya, Cash.” He nodded as he let the boy in, addressing him by his preferred nickname.
“Kaiden?” Briley asked, extending a hand.
“You can call me Cash.” He responded, shaking the man’s hand. “So, um, where’s Dacey?”
Briley stepped aside, revealing the boy sitting on the couch, his eyes downcast.
He didn’t like this. He didn’t want therapy. Didn’t want a stupid tutor. He hated everyone acting like he was crazy. He wasn’t crazy. It was just… frightening outside.
Back to top Go down

Dacey Riley-Braxton
Page 1 of 1