Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Lost Site and Braille

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Killian Murdock

Killian Murdock

Of Lost Site and Braille Empty
PostSubject: Of Lost Site and Braille   Of Lost Site and Braille EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:26 pm

"Huh?" Shion blinked at Trever in shock, his hand tightly squeezing Quinn's. "Say again please, I don't believe I heard you." The boy asked politely as he always did when addressing adults.
"I said," Trever began once more, rather amused look on his face. "That you eye site is failing you."
"Failing?" Quinn questioned softly, his thumb stroking Shion's hand.
"That's right. Soon Shion will be a blind as, per say, a bat." The man grinned, all to pleased to see the confusion on Shion's face transition to shock.
"Well...that's uh...okay." Quinn wasn't quite sure what to do, and the look on Shion's face was truly worrying him. He had no clue what to say so he said the first thing that came to mind.
" Did you know that the 2011 National Health Interview Survey Preliminary Report established that an estimated 21.2 million adult Americans reported they either "have trouble" seeing, even when wearing glasses or contact lenses, or that they are blind or unable to see at all." Quinn rattled off, his voice dying away as Shion shot him a rather pained look.
"And just how many of them are okay with that Quinn?" He paused, but then added. "If you give me a real statistic i'll throttle you." Shion was never mean to his lover but this was some news that made his heart truly ache. He did not want to be blind...
There were too many books he had not read, too many people he had not seen...
Quinn...
That night, sitting on the edge of Quinn's bed, Shion let the tears out, they rolled down his cheeks like a rushing river, and Quinn did his best to hold Shion and comfort him.
"Hey! Its alright! Don't cry Shion!!" The boy tried, rocking the white topped other in his arms.
Shion just sniffled, shaking his head. "I-I won't get to read my books anymore!" He wailed, though that was not his real problem. He could always learn Braille.
But he could never see Quinn's face again.
And that what really ate at his heart.
Back to top Go down

Of Lost Site and Braille
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Art Works :: Ficlets-
Jump to: