Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheap Thrills

Go down 
+2
Boyd Odair
Oleander Taylor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Cheap Thrills - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Jett can’t help but laugh with Oleander at Gally’s expense but he can’t tell whether he’s laughing at the man or with him anymore. Besides, the laughing had really started when the man tipped his hat and winked, not when he’d nearly fallen over. He gives up trying to figure it out though, deciding if he tries to decipher every foreign emotion he feels tonight he’ll be exhausted before they even get to the bar.
It’s nice to attempt to let everything go, gives him an excuse not to panic about how his stomach had felt seeing the man hiding his blush beneath the brim of that stupid hat.
“See ya then.” Jett speaks nonchalantly when he’s stopped laughing, wiggling his fingers lightly somewhere in between a wave goodbye and shooing the man away.
As Ollie begins their drive, Jett is quiet for a moment, something unusual for him when he’s in his best friend’s presence. But he can’t help it, a part of him terrified that Ollie somehow senses all the feelings he’s trying so hard to keep buried down within him and will call him out at any moment. Ollie always has a way of seeing through his bullshit.
“You know,” Jett begins, breaking the silence with a teasing tone. “I think when people call me the biggest bitch they’ve ever met, I don’t think they’re giving you enough credit. You’re giving me a run for my money these days.” He smirks lightly, changing a glance over at the other boy.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 5:17 am

"Please, i'm just getting warmed up." Ollie isn't nearly this difficult with everyone. He saves this certain form of bitchiness for Gally and Thatcher exclusively, and maybe Nikita whenever the Russian mentions a new boy he's been seeing.
"And it's not like Gally would have expected anything else when he invited you." Galileo is a stupid redneck, and still he would've known that Jett coming meant Ollie tagging along, too. Even though Oleander hadn't had the time to threaten him yet. Gally knows. He just happened to be listening the one time Ollie caught Boyd on his way home from a date with Jett. The boy is twice his size but it had been easy to pin him against the wall, explain in detail what would happen if he ever hurt Jett in any way.
"Speaking of that, how did he invite you exactly? Is this like a date? The first date?" Ollie glances at his friend, no doubt gauging the boys reaction. He already knows what's happening. They would never come along just to spend a nice night out with Malakai and Galileo. This is a date, and they have been screwing nonstop for weeks. Oleander knows that Jett has caught feelings, otherwise they wouldn't be here. the only question is, how deep do the feelings run?
"It doesn't really matter to me. I'm just curious about this game you two are playing. One day you're fighting, the next day its all about fucking, and now we are on a date with the inbred bastard." It would be unfortunate for Jett if anyone else started putting two and two together.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 pm

“It’s not a date.” Jett answers firmly and immediately, lips turning downwards into a slight scowl as he glances towards his best friend. “Definitely not. He’s just been asking about every day for a month now so I thought I’d be nice.” Jett shrugs, now averting his gaze. He busies himself by biting his nails, a nervous habit he can never seem to kick. “He... uh, he bought me this shirt. That might be what made me say yes. It was... almost kind of nice. But it’s still not a date. If anything, it’s just a let’s see how this goes kind of thing. A test run.” Jett tries to make his voice sound nonchalant, hopes Ollie believes him. There’s not much he doesn’t confide in the boy but these feelings for Gally are something he will take to the grave if he has his way. “I almost regretted it after I said yes but fuck, he does look really damn good tonight.” Jett smirks, attempts to steer the conversation to something he is comfortable with. Lustful feelings are different, something he has already admitted to Oleander. He can talk all he wants about how he wants to rip the man’s clothes off and jump him every time they lay eyes on each other. But talking about how sometimes his dimples give him butterflies or how Gally knowing his favorite color made his entire chest feel warm and fuzzy? Definitely off limits.
Just the thought makes his palms clammy and he finds himself glancing out the window, peeking at Roxanne trailing behind them on the road.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 7:19 pm

"A test run."  Oleander echoes the words almost teasingly, snorting at the idea of it being so simple.  He's literally been around since day one to witness their relationship.  It's definitely evolving now that Gally is begging Jett to go on dates and buying him cute little clothes as gifts.  Those are boyfriend tier activities.  And for Jett to say yes is the real kicker.  Ollie remembers the boy trashing Galileo's room and smearing cake in his face. Jett's never been easy on Gally, no matter what. The bastard doesn't deserve their kindness.
A test run his ass. This is a fucking date if Ollie has ever seen one.  But he supposes it's better this way.  He'd rather go along with the lie than stay home and let Galileo take Jett out alone.   Ollie doesn't trust the bastard to behave himself, much less actively watch out for Jett.
"Look, it's whatever you say it is. But I swear if you start talking about having sex with that rat bastard im going to pull over and vomit." Ollie can feel his skin crawling at the thought.  He doesn't care how fancy Gally dresses.  A piece of shit is still a piece of shit, even if it wears cologne.
They are nearing the bar now.  Oleander parks in a spot that makes it impossible for Galileo to park beside them.  The man has to park across the lot, far enough that he has no chance of trying any of that door opening bullshit. The less he gets to act gentlemanly the better.  Ollie would hate for this test run to actually go well.
Gally on the other hand has never worked so hard for anything in his life.  Full days out in the field hadn't felt half as stressful.  But he supposes that's because they didn't matter like this.  He could finish up work any day.  He has one shot to impress Jett, otherwise he knows what they'll go back to.  And despite all his lies and stubbornness he doesn't want that.
He should've known Oleander was going to make this hard on him.  For a time Gally even worried the boy would drive past the bar, convince Jett to stand him up.  And even when that didn't happen, Ollie had to make sure they weren't parked together. And that's fine. Two can play at this game
Instead of opening up Malakai's door as he usually would have the man goes straight across the parking lot, dodging cars and people alike in order to show up at Jett's door in time.  There's a slight flush to his cheeks from the run,  when he smiles in triumph its crooked and dimpled.
"I know your arms work just fine but so do mine."  He opens the door before Jett can, holding it until the boy is able to climb out.  Galileo expects the scolding to come but it wont matter.  He's prepared for it. Any hurt feelings can be resolved the next time he finds his way into Jett's bed.
"You can fight me all you want tonight Jones, but i'm just gonna keep opening doors and offering you my arm. So you might as well just get used to telling me no if that's how you like it."
Behind them Oleander is making mock sounds of vomiting but Galileo decidedly ignores him.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 3:17 am

Instead of his usual lashing out, Jett merely stares at the man for a long while as he slips out of the car willingly. They lock eyes for what feels like an eternity before he speaks.
“You know I genuinely can’t decide if you’re more unbearable when you’re trying to be a prick or when you’re trying to be a gentleman. Either way, they’re both pretty damn bad.” He smirks, shakes his head and tries to ignore Ollie’s noises behind him. If he lets it get to him he’ll blush and if he blushes in front of Gally, lord knows he’ll never live it down. “And trust me, Leo, I’ll never get sick of telling you no. You better get used to hearing it.” He winks at the man before striding forward and making his way toward the club. Unlike Ollie though, he isn’t trying to make it that difficult for Gally to catch him. It’s only for show, really. Truth be told, he’s really quite enjoying being chased after.
Malakai manages to catch up just before the rest of them enter, slight pout on his lips at being abandoned. But of course he knows that this is Gally’s night to impress Jett. He understands. That doesn’t mean he has to be happy about it, though.
He glances at his brother before gesturing back to Jett and Gally and rolling his eyes dramatically. He’s almost tempted to join the boy in his barfing noises.
God, he doesn’t know how he’ll manage if Jett actually gives in.
“Leo.” He repeats the name to Ollie in a hushed whisper. “Since when the fuck do they have nicknames?”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 am

There goes that nickname again. Good thing Jett's already walking off or else he might've noticed the dopey little smile on Gally's face. The man jogs to catch up with him, falling into stride at the boy's side. He elbows Jett teasingly as he surges forward to catch the door for them. He isn't honestly sure if Jett hates him doing it or not but the boy seems to like all the attention and that's what this night is about.
Galileo waits just a moment before following him in, holding the door open for Oleander just so he can have a moment with Malakai.
"What's wrong babydoll, you think I just up and forgot about you?" Gally rolls his eyes at the very thought. "You might've had to open one door for yourself but I promise i'll buy you so many drinks it wont even matter," Gally doesn't have to act any sort of way with Malakai. He can be himself with Mal, funny looking smiles and all. "Does that sound hunky dory to you?" The man pauses, glancing over his shoulder to make sure Jett is out of hearing distance.
"And the nick name thing is new but I swear if one of yall say something and he stops because of it imma show my natural born ass in this here establishment." The man is smiling but his eyes are eerily serious.
"Now, lets go have us a drink." Galileo leaves them with a wink, wandering off to find Jett already at the bar. He takes a moment to straighten his collar before approaching, carefully seizing the boy up as he takes a seat on the barstool beside him.
"Well then Jones, now that i've got you here I reckon I actually have to buy you that drink." Gally leans forward almost flirtatiously, knows damn well he's dancing over a very fine line. "What'll it be?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Malakai can’t help but smile at the man, a bit embarrassed to be called out so soon. But of course, Gally knows him too well.
“Sorry, I’m just a tad jealous. You know I demand attention constantly.” He gives a shy smirk. Mal has grown a lot in the past year or so. He has recognized his selfish tendencies and tries to catch himself before he does something terrible, like he had used to use Boyd. Sometimes he slips, though. “But I’ll be good now. If Jett is what you want for some weird reason, go make him see you’re the guy for him. He’s definitely interested. He keeps looking away when you say something funny or sweet. That means he’s hiding a smile, trust me.” He watches as Gally heads off to sit beside Jett at the bar, wishing the man good luck in his head. He’s going to need it.
Jett glances up as Gally sits beside him and speaks. The man leans forward and Jett finds himself doing the same. They’re so close their noses could nearly brush. He can see the flecks of color in the man’s eyes and the barely there stubble on his jaw. The bastard is smiling at him. He really fucking wants to kiss him. Or slap him. Probably both.
And then, just like Mal had noticed earlier, he looks away, tugging his lower lip between his teeth to avoid smiling back. When he turns back a moment later the evidence is gone, his lips pursed as he stares the other man down.
“Jack and Coke.” He speaks finally, figuring this is a safe bet. Gally is definitely a whiskey man. “Then I’m gonna need a few rounds of shots later.” Maybe if he gets wasted he can actually enjoy the night instead of overthinking everything.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Jett leans in to meet him and Galileo swears it's the best he's felt all night. The bar lights are fluorescent and bright on sensitive eyes. If that weren't enough to worsen his headache the smell of cigarette smoke and sweat surely has that covered. None of that can touch him with Jett so close. All he can smell is the soft scent of shampoo, and when he opens his eyes Jett is all he can see. If he was brave it would only take an inch to meet the boys lips. 
It's lucky Jett turns away before he finds his courage. It's almost infuriating, but Gally is used to feeling frustrated in the boys company. He blinks, bothered by the way his surroundings seem to melt into each other. It's better to just keep looking at Jett, focus on the red of the boys shirt. It anchors him to the moment, and he's just able to catch it when Jett finally turns and gives him an order. Jack and Coke. Galileo smiles in spite of himself. He always drinks whisky when Jett's on his mind. It's fitting. 
The man flags down their bartender easily enough. She's a pretty blonde women, looks to be about mid twenties and her eyes light up on Gally.
"We'll have a Jack and Coke for the sweetheart and Single malt scotch for myself." 
He is every bit a southern gentleman while giving their order, but someone who knew him well enough would hear the fake notes of friendliness in his voice. The smile he gives her is so forced it almost looks plastic. It's obvious he saves the real theatrics for Jett. Their bartender is oblivious to say the least. 
Moments later she's brought back a Jack and Coke for Jones, settling the glass on the table in front of him while making sure to hand Gally his single malt scotch. She tries to make their fingers brush but Galileo is too fast at taking the drink.
He finally relaxes as she goes back to bartending.  Jett is once again the center of his world, the only thing he can focus on. Honestly it makes him sick to his stomach knowing Jett has come to mean so much to him.  The little bastard cant ever know about it.
"I used to drink this after we'd fight." It burns his throat going down but that seemed appropriate. His throat was already burning anyways after a good screaming match.
"Still makes me think of you."  Galileo doesn't want to give too much of himself away.  This situation could always go sideways and he knows Jett doesn't mind playing dirty.

Cash has been sitting at the bar for the better part of an hour. His divorce had been finalized today, and while Carter means well it's still humiliating to be around him now. He was Misery in a situation of his own. Its better not thinking of his little brother in the same regard as his wife. 
Exwife.
Cash knocks back another shot of vodka, almost ready to leave when a familiar mop of auburn hair catches his attention. On any other night he would've kept to himself but as it is he's had a few to drink and Malakai is that boy he'd met weeks ago, the one who'd left him with high school butterflies. 
Cash still thinks about that meeting at random, so easily reminded of freckles sprinkled across delicate cheeks. It takes little time for him to fix his tie and decide it's worth his while to take a risk on this boy.
"Oleander, I didn't expect to run into anyone I knew here." Truth be told he wouldn't have any interest in speaking to the boy if Malakai weren't with him. In Cash's opinion the boy is nothing more than Carters dirty little secret, not worth the effort of polite behavior. Cash does his best to smile though, putting on his best behavior to gain Malakai's attention. 
"Please, allow me to buy you and your beautiful brother a drink."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Jett watches Gally order for them, finds that he enjoys watching the man play nice with strangers. It makes him trust the other beta just a little bit more. He can’t be completely faking it because he’s clearly not that good of an actor. Everything Jett’s gotten out of him is one hundred percent Galileo. The only part he isn’t quite as fond of is the way the bartender bats her eyelashes at his date.
Oh shit, maybe Ollie was right. He is considering this a date.
He gets his drink and immediately takes a large swig, savoring the burn of alcohol down his throat and hoping it’ll succeed in taking the edge off of his nerves. He’s hoping to get just the right amount of drunk. Not so far he won’t remember in the morning, just enough that maybe he can speak his mind and not be so afraid to let his guard down.
Jett is snapped out of his thoughts by Gally’s voice. He is mortified to find that the thought of something reminding Gally of him has warmth spreading in his stomach, and not just from the whiskey.
He downs his drink in only a few more gulps and immediately flags the bartender back, ordering a few shots for himself. Snakebites, how fitting since Gally has always referred to him as a rattlesnake.
“I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I drove you to drink.” Jett replies finally with a tiny smirk playing on his lips. “And as far as things to make you think of me, it could be a lot worse. I don’t drink much at home but when I do, it’s normally because you pissed me off.” He confesses. The bartender is back, delivers his shots with a lingering gaze to Galileo.
Jett rolls his eyes as he grabs one, almost has it to his lips before he glances over.
“You gonna do these with me or are you a pussy?” Jett arches an eyebrow, gives one of those signature sly grins of his, the first one he has since they’ve arrived. A reason to taunt Gally always helps him get comfortable.

Malakai truly isn’t having a bad time with just Ollie as company. His brother always makes it a fun night out.
But still, his face lights up when Cash approaches them. He is definitely glad he spent the effort dressing up and doing his hair tonight.
Cash offers to buy them drinks and he is terrified his brother will turn the man down.
“We’d love that!” Mal sidesteps his brother, beaming up at the man brightly while his cheeks are still scarlet at his compliment. “I wish we would’ve known you’d be here, we could have invited Carter too.”
He finds himself much more bold tonight, taking Cash by the arm, his other hand still in Ollie’s, and leads them to the bar.
“As for that drink, I’d love a-“ Mal is about to blurt out his usual favorite drink, a sex on the beach, when he thankfully catches himself. This is a millionaire he is with. What do rich people drink? Champagne? Expensive wine? “Okay you’re going to have to help me out. I’m kind of one of those people who drink really basic, fruity drinks. What’s something that will make me seem way more dignified and cool to you?” He shoots the man a shy smile, hoping his awkward charm will help win him over.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 12:49 am

"Don't start somethin' you can't finish Jones."  Galileo can out drink a fish when he wants to.  At Jett's urging the man downs his scotch and immediately goes for the snakebite, knocking them back one after the other. The alcohol stings going down but it doesn't affect his stomach like the sly little smile Jett sends his way.  The boy might be taunting him but at least he looks pretty doing it. Gally orders another round and lets his eyes wonder, initially looking for Malakai but getting lost in the throng of bodies on the dance floor.  Just watching them makes him dizzy, makes him remember what Jett looks like sweat and bare.
Fuck, Gally would love to see him dance.  To dance with him.  These thoughts are red flags though, and Galileo shakes off.
He isn't at all surprised when he finds Malakai.  It looks as though he and Oleander have already found a man to buy them drinks. A familiar man in fact. Any other night he would make his presence known but Mal is over there and Jett's right here.
It's troublesome him how easily he decides to stay put.
"I'll tell you what,"  The man picks up a shot, swirls it around teasingly as he continues. "How 'bout we play a game?  All I really know is truth or dare so if you can out drink me you get to pick one and i'll do it, no matter what, no question asked."  Galileo slams back another shot, his smile genuine even as the alcohol slides hot down his throat. "But it goes both ways so if you lose, well you know what happens if you lose."

Oleander heaves a sigh of relief, for once grateful for Malakai and his constant flirting.  It would have been rude for Ollie to turn the man down but he doesn't want to have drinks with Carter's uppity brother and he's pretty fucking sure Cash doesn't care anything about spending time with him.  At least this way he can just be a third wheel while those two make googly eyes at each other.
Cash is surprisingly nice. He lets Malakai hold his arm, lips falling into a subtle tilt as he boy hesitates with his order. The look vanishes almost instantly as Malakai explains himself though, replaced with an amused sort of smirk.
"I didn't come here to be fancy.  I came to try all the basic fruity drinks."  Cash waves the bartender over, but before the women reaches them he turns to whisper just for Malakai to hear. "Just between us though I already think you're cool. Nothing is going to change that."  The man winks, every bit as charming as a Disney prince would be.
"Now please, order us some drinks. As fruity and basic as you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Jett watches Galileo closely, certain that the alcohol has to be making the man even more attractive. His eyes are glued to Gally’s throat, watching his Adam’s apple bob up and down as he drinks. He blames his wolf, so used to sinking its fangs into the spot. His tongue snakes out to wet his lips slowly as he finally forces himself to glance back up to meet Gally’s eyes.
“Truth or dare?” He repeats, grinning and ready to accept the offer until he thinks it over. “I think you’re setting me up for a loss already. I’d have to be an idiot to think I could outdrink you, you’re a few steps away from an AA meeting. I do like a challenge though...” He trails off, tracing his finger along the rim of the glass. “I’ll take you up on that offer, only one round.” Jett smirks, flags the bartender over and orders eight more shots. When they arrive,  he splits them, sliding four in front of Gally and four to himself. “Whoever finishes theirs first wins.” He waits until Gally has the first glass in his hand before speaking again. “1, 2, 3, go!” Jett says rapidly before tipping his head back and downing the first shot. Some may consider this cheating but as far as he’s concerned, he deserves a tiny head start.

Mal’s face is hot and a shade of scarlet he didn’t know it could turn. God, he feels like he’s fallen right into one of those cheesy romcoms. But he doesn’t mind, not at all.
“Okay, if that’s what you want I won’t disappoint.” He teases, smiling at the bartender as he orders for them. “I’ll have a sex on the beach. And for you...” He hums thoughtfully as he glances at Cash, heart speeding up as he takes the man in. “I think a Cosmo would be perfect.” He winks, then looks to Ollie. “And whatever Oleander wants. Probably something gross and bitter with lots of vodka.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 1:25 am

Galileo watches as Jett licks his lips, absolutely mesmerized at the sight of his tongue. Jesus, Gally knows what that tongue feels like on bare skin. His jeans seem to be getting tighter the longer he thinks of it.
Jett traces a finger along the rim of his glass, innocent to everything he's doing. Galileo has the distinct urge to touch him, whether it's to kiss or cause harm he doesn't rightly know.
The man's shocked when Jett actually agrees to play, even if the rules are changed. Of course he'd realize that he was being set up. It's endearing really, and Galileo feels warmth in places he didn't know existed.
"Alright then Jones, have it your way." Galileo watches the bartender mix their drinks. The alcohol isn't doing anything for his headache but at least it's taken the edge off. If not for the constant drinks he might forget they are at the bar. It's so easy for him to forget when Jett's concerned.
The women delivers the shots and Jett sorts them out. Gally tries not to get distracted by the boys hands and where they've been.
He takes up a glass, completely caught off guard when Jett starts counting. He should've known better, but instead he watches with his mouth hanging open as Jett takes the first shot. Galileo tries to recover, downs the first two shots just fine. He's watching Jett more than himself though and winds up inhaling rather than drinking the last one. The man is left hacking as the alcohol burns his nasal cavities, both hands moving to cover his face as though that would stop Jett from seeing him sputter.

Oleander rolls his eyes but has nothing to say in return. The less Cash knows about him the better, that way there can be no leaks back to Carter's mother. He finishes ordering their drinks, watching quietly while Cash shamelessly flirts with his brother.
At least Malakai is having a good time. Cash has made the boy his center of attention.
"So, tell me a little more about yourself. What is a beautiful boy like you doing in a place like this?" The bar isn't terrible, but he's seen lesser people in nicer places. Malakai looks like the kind of boy who should be on magazine covers, his hair alone is sure to catch anyone's eye.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 am

Jett’s world is spinning as he downs the fourth shot, slamming the glass back onto the counter as his throat burns. The brunette closes his eyes, tries to get a handle on himself and will the alcohol to go down. The drinks are definitely settling in now, he feels his body becoming hot and his filter slowly disappearing. This night is going to get more interesting very soon, that’s for sure. He glances over at Gally’s one left and grins. “Well, well, well, looks like the tables have turned.” Jett is teasing before Gally has even finished coughing. He reaches out a hand to clap the man on the back, caught off guard as always by the shock of electricity he feels whenever they touch. He leans in close then, lips just barely brushing the man’s ear as he gloats softly.
“I win.” He pulls back just as quickly as he had arrived, no evidence that he had ever been so close at all. “I’ll be nice though, since you did almost die and I’ll do one too. I’m not scared of any dares anyway and we both know I was never gonna pick truth.” Gally doesn’t need any more information on him than he already has. “But you’re going first. So what’ll it be, cowboy, truth or dare?”

“Oh wow, you’ve really got all the smooth lines. I guess I should have expected no less.” Malakai smirks, brushes a loose strand of hair behind his ear as he thinks about his answer. “This place really isn’t so bad. But maybe I’d go to better places if only I had someone to escort me.” He gives a wry little smile, knows he is being just as shameless as Cash in the way he is flirting so obviously. But he can’t seem to make himself care. It’s been a while since he’d been so open and carefree while flirting with someone, unafraid of rejection. He isn’t worried about that with Cash. Even if the man feels the need to reject him, he will at least be polite about it.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 pm

"Awh hell, you little snake." Galileo swipes at his mouth with a flannel sleeve, eyes watering slightly from the strain of nearly choking on whisky.  Everything is swaying now, not violently as it could be but still enough to give him the notion of being on a boat out a sea, rocking with the waves. It would be soothing if it didn't burn so damn much.  The man isn't expecting for Jett to touch him. The boy has rules about getting handsy outside the bedroom.  They have to be fighting or someone must be dying otherwise Gally could come away with a broken finger.
It's a shock to his system when a slender hand lands at the center of his back, right between his shoulders.  The effects are instinatious.  Jett touches him and suddenly nothing burns anymore, even his eyes have stopped stinging.
Oh fuck, thats a bad sign.
Galileo feels the sickening urge to ruin this.  Jett can't possibly be allowed to have this much power over him. He might've found some scathing words, could have reached out and knocked his last shot into the boys lap. There are so many things he could have done to end this night but Jett's lips are suddenly at his ear and Gally's mind blanks completely.  The boy only says two words but they are all Galileo can think about
I win.
Yeah, it's definitely starting to seem that way.  
Jett is gone just as quickly as he came, talking all casual as if he hadn't just wrecked Galileo's world.
The boy is making a mistake by choosing dare but Gally doesn't let on, merely gazing at Jett with a gentle sort of glare. There's no safe way out of this game with someone so unpredictable as Jett, but Gally had known that when they started.
He's made this bed, he might as well lie in it.  
"I reckon truth if I gotta choose."  Giving away a little information has to be better than getting dared to do something he'd never live down.  Knowing Jett the boy might even have him sent off to lock up if given the chance.

"Ah, I was hoping you might say something like that."  Cash watches the boy fiddle with his hair, wonders absently if the auburn locks are as soft as they seem.  "It just so happens i've been invited to the opening of a new art museum uptown."  He'd decided earlier that he wouldn't be attending but the words come pouring out now, no way to stop them. "The evening is supposed to be a fundraiser so there will be plenty of snobby people making conceited speeches."  Cash moves to brush his hair back into place almost sheepishly, as if he already knows Malakai will turn him down.  "These are usually boring events, but I thought maybe it could be fun if I had the right company. The food will be excellent, and i'd love the chance to dress you up."  He finishes on a lighter note, hoping maybe that gives the date a little more appeal.
The bartender comes back with their drinks, giving Cash just long enough to analyze everything he said and become mortified by the prospect of how quickly he'd asked the boy out.  Jesus, how desperate he must seem.
"I do hope i'm not coming on too strong." The man downs his drink without taking the time to actually taste it. He'd been sipping on vodka all night, obviously a mistake on his part. Cash is lucky he's still able to speak without slurring. A smart man would've switched to soda.  Cash is usually a smart man but not tonight.  Tonight he is a divorced man and he needs the extra burst of confidence.
"It's just that i've had a few drinks already and you're incredibly lovely. I couldn't help myself."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 9:47 pm

“Truth, huh?” Jett hums thoughtfully, considering this choice. “Funny, I thought you’d be more of a dare kind of man, at least in front of me. Although it was probably a smart choice on your part. I was planning on making you get up on one of those tables over there and strip. I was looking forward to the show.” Jett snickers, a shockingly genuine smile playing on his lips. It’s probably just the alcohol, but he’s actually sort of starting to have a bit of fun. He pauses then, thinking over what he could ask the man. This is his big chance to get a peek into the mind of Galileo Gray. This bastard who constantly drove him crazy because he could never seem to figure him out. He could ask anything, all the questions he’d pondered late at night and thought he’d never know the answer too.
Why did he hate him so much that first night? What did he truly think of him? What was going through his head those times he seemed to be in another world entirely? Why did he allow Jett to insult him and fuck with him and still keep coming back for more? What did he want from him? What did he think was going to come from this date? Did he ever think something would happen between them, that they could have a relationship with as fucking dysfunctional as they already were?
Jett finds his head spinning with all these questions. He wants the answers to all of them. And yet, the one he settles on is pretty simple and hopefully can answer some of the others in the process.
“Why did you ask me here tonight?” Jett questions, making eye contact with the other beta as he awaits a response.

Malakai had never been turned off by the man’s openness, not even for a second. Quite the opposite, actually. He was smitten and had already decided he would be going but then when Cash had actually apologized for coming on too strong and finished with a compliment, it had definitely sealed the deal.
“No, don’t worry. Actually, it’s kind of refreshing for a guy to be so open about asking me out. Normally they try to be all uncaring and make me be the one to get the ball rolling. I like your style, Cash. And I’m always in if it involves good food and getting to dress up. Making fun of old snobby people is also a plus. I’m sold. When exactly is this event?” He asks with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 11:34 pm

"An' that there's exactly why I didn't choose dare."  Galileo snorts at the thought of being humiliated and banned from the only bar in town he actually likes to hang around at. This one is his favorite because the lights are just dim enough that Gally can bare to be here, no special effects for dances unlike other places who employ neon and strobes.
The boy ponders his question and Galileo watches his face, hazel eyes tracing the soft curve of Jett's lips. He should be more apprehensive about what might be asked of him, mind flying through all the secrets he's managed to keep.  Gally doesn't have capacity to actually focus though, not with how his temples flare.  Distantly he wishes Jett would touch him again, knows better than to ever ask.
The boy finally makes eye contact with him, and Galileo is surprised by how simple the question is.
"Awh shucks Jones, that ain't nothin."  Truthfully Jett could have easily gotten this information by just showing up in his room wearing that red shirt.  Gally loves to see color on him.
Gally hates that he loves it.
"I asked you here today because it's kinda become a habit, an excuse to talk to ya even though I know you love nothin' better than tellin' me to fuck off."  He could have kept that part to himself but this is truth or dare and he'd agreed to play.  The man is toying with the cuff of his shirt, distracted as if debating whether to continue or not.  
"I asked the first time because Malakai had run off with some guy and I was watchin' people dance."  Gally remembers his mother's laughter, how she held his small hands and spun them around. He can almost taste the joy on his tongue.
"I reckon I just thought it'd be nice to take you here sometime an' try my luck at gettin' you to dance with me."  The man looks away then, a soft shade of pink crawling all the way to his ears. He hadn't meant to sound so fucking sappy, knows Jett's probably judging him for it.  There's no backing out though, not after all the work he's done setting this up.
"So now I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse."  Galileo stands, teeth flashing in something akin to a grimace. "Dance with me Jones." He might've chickened out if not for knowing he had the boy cornered this time.  "I dare you."

Cash finally relaxes as Malakai accepts his offer, not even noticing the way Oleander rolls his eyes at them.  
"The art gallery is setting up for a new exhibit and I happen to be friends with the curator." He meets alot of people in his line of work.  They've all been especially considerate of his current situation, many of them inviting him out in the hopes of lifting his spirits.
"Have you ever been there before?"  The place is relatively new but increasingly popular.  "I haven't myself but I hear nice things about it."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 am

Jett merely stares at the man for a moment, dumbfounded. He is equally furious and impressed at how Gally had gotten what he wanted.
“Son of a bitch.” He mutters as he slides off of his seat, reluctantly standing in front of the other man and gesturing for him to lead the way to the dance floor. “I don’t dance, just so you know.” This much is true. The only dancing he ever does is the kind that is mostly just swaying back and forth or grinding to look sexy enough that men offer to buy him drinks. He’d quite literally rather drop dead than do this right now, in front of everyone. They push and shove their way into the throng of moving bodies on the dance floor and once they’ve settled, Jett begins simply moving to the beat, wondering what type of dancing Gally has in mind.
“You never specified what kind of dancing.” He points out with a smug smirk.
Only now does he actually take the time to think about Gally’s answer to his question. It seemed to have made so many more questions than it answered. Why the hell did the man want to dance with him so bad anyways? He can’t deny though, that his entire body felt sort of tingly at the thought. It only makes him even more irritated.
“And I want a second question. Can’t you be like a genie or some shit, grant me three wishes?” Jett sighs impatiently, making a move as if to stomp his foot like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Instead, however, he only manages to nearly trip. He finds himself reaching out, clinging to Gally’s broad shoulders to regain his balance. Once he’s righted himself, his first reaction is to let go. But fuck, the alcohol is settling in and Gally is so close and the bastard smells so good and really, he doesn’t want to let go anyways. So he turns around, keeping his hands in place as he juts his ass out and grinds it against Gally’s groin, moving to the rhythm and hoping he can make the man’s plan backfire by giving him a hard on in the middle of the club.

Mal looks up at the man while he speaks with wide eyes and a big grin. He looks completely enthralled by every word that comes out of Cash’s mouth. And he is, totally and completely. Never had he met anyone who seems so interesting and exotic to him.
“I can’t say I have. To be fair, I’m not really the type to go out to nice places much unless I’ve got company. So I guess it’s a good thing you’ve invited me.” He smiles, drinking from his glass and finding the courage to lean close enough that their shoulders are brushing.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 2:30 am

"Well I sure as hell didn't mean that kind!"  Galileo hisses the words, lightly swatting at the boys ass.  This might have been exactly the dance he wanted if not for the literal crowd of people around them.  Gally knows he has no right to be jealous but that doesn't stop him from feeling his blood run hot when he catches a couple of men and women staring.
"Look here, i'll grant you three wishes if you stop that."  The man's resorted to taking off his hat, using the wide brim to cover Jett's beautifully sculpted ass.  Gally's not naive enough to think he's the only one to have laid eyes on the boys bare skin but he damn well doesn't like to be reminded about it.
The man has to take a moment to steady himself, stomach churning sickly as a bout of dizziness hits him.  He'd been paying too much attention to the people around them, the swaying bodies and bright lights causing his vision to blur at the edges.
Well fuck, this is not what he'd imagined when he brought Jett out here.
Galileo's hands find purchase on the boys hips, easily flipping him around and yanking him forward in an effort to stop the swaying.  
"Just let me lead alright?  You ain't even gotta keep up."  The man grunts as he lifts Jett, just enough to set the boys feet atop his steel toed boots.  Gally has been planning for this night, he's come prepared.
"This dance don't count until a new song starts." He moves them along steadily, no sign that he's nursing a throbbing headache except for the constant furrow at his brow. To his luck the next song is something slow and vaguely country.  Gally might have known the words if he weren't so focused on Jett.  

The more Malakai talks the more Cash understands about why his brother has taken a lover.  It's still a despicable act but these boys are young.  Malakai bats his lashes and Cash can almost remember what it's like to be eighteen again.  His eyes absolutely light up thinking about an event that Cash is bored over.  It's endearing in a way that tugs his heart.
"Talk to me about something else."  The bartender comes back with their second round.  Cash takes his drink and sips on it thoughtfully.  "What do you think about my brother?" While small talk is nice he isn't really learning anything new from it.  Cash wants to know more about Malakai, his likes and dislikes.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 2:05 pm

“Damn, you grab my hips like that again and you’re gonna have a problem on your hands.” Jett informs as he settles into their new position, allowing his hands to rest on Gally’s shoulders. He is biting his lower lip, trying to ignore the slight tightening of his jeans. He can’t help himself, the only time anyone has grabbed him like that is when he’d been twisted up in the southern man’s sheets. “Also, sorry. I assumed you’d be into that type of dance.” He chuckles, attempting to relax as Gally moves them. He hates being controlled, hates that he’s standing on the other man’s boots. But for once he’ll try not to be a complete bitch and ruin it. “Seems much more fun than this slow dancing bullshit.” He sighs but still participates, merely examining the man’s face and wondering what is going through his head. He himself is really beginning to feel the effects of those shots, is moments away from beginning to slur his words. Maybe that’s why he finds himself reaching out to caress the man’s temple when he notices the furrow in his brow. Even though he doesn’t truly know the extent of Gally’s headaches, he’s got a vague idea. He’s observant, notices things that he’s sure Gally thinks he won’t. During their many nights together, he’s picked up on how the man seems to always casually guide his hands to his temples. He’s even started doing it himself sometimes now, taking notice that when he touches them seems to be the only time Gally truly looks at ease. He’d never dream of doing it in the light of day, except for tonight apparently, when he’s so inebriated that he forgets their rules. He catches himself just in time, turning it into running his fingers through chestnut brown locks.
“So, genie, my second question.” Jett doesn’t take so much time to think this one over. The alcohol seems to have gotten rid of his filter almost completely, something that will surely become a problem soon. He blurts out the first one that comes to mind. “Why do you want to dance with me so bad, anyways? Are these three minutes where I let you spin me around a little really going to be worth getting rejected every day for a month?”

Malakai isn’t expecting the change in conversation, takes a moment to pause and consider it while sipping his drink. He isn’t sure how to play this. Normally you would never say bad things about someone’s family member straight to their face but what if Cash isn’t really so fond of Carter because of his new affair? What if he thinks less of Malakai if he doesn’t condemn the man for it?
Eventually, he settles on just being honest.
“I like Carter, a lot. Don’t get me wrong, he’s making some questionable choices but he’s also making my brother happier than anyone has in a long time so he’s okay in my book. He hasn’t made any promises and he’s done everything he can to make sure he’s not leading Ollie on. I’m not sure there’s an honorable way to have a mistress but if there is, he’s definitely trying to find it. He seems like a good man, just someone who’s a little stuck at the moment.” Malakai finishes, hoping he hadn’t said anything too offensive. He’s sure Cash hadn’t intended on discussing his brother’s affair tonight but there wasn’t really a way to talk about Carter without mentioning the elephant in the room.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Galileo smiles, whistling softly as he feels the slightest bulge at Jett's groin.  "Down boy."  He says the words with a playful wink, thumbs massaging gently at the boy hips.  Truly he hadn't meant to get Jett all worked up but he's proud of himself none the less.
It doesn't take long before the boy starts complaining and the world is spinning and he might've been forced to stop if not for the fingers suddenly buried in his hair.  The man's eyes are half lidded when he looks down, gazing upon Jett's face and wondering if he'd known about the headache, somehow figured out this healing power he has. Or maybe he hadn't meant to do it at all. Gally knows how the boy likes to pull hair.
He leans into the touch anyways, a soft sigh of relief causing even his shoulders to relax.  Perfect timing too.  Gally's been waiting, slowly moving them in circles until the beat drops. It's only then that he starts moving for real. It's been years since Gally has danced.  He's watched other people do it, he's dreamed about it, and sometimes when the distortion hit's he can lie in bed and remember it so lividly he feels he's still there.  His feet move on memory, swinging them around in time with the music.  They twirl and he keeps them centered, strong arms catching Jett in a way that makes it seem as though they're moving together.  He isn't expecting Jett's next question.  In truth he'd already forgotten about agreeing to answer them.  It's easy to forget when he's got an arm wrapped tight around the boys hips, one hand snagging Jett's elbow and following it up until he's able to grab slender fingers.  Gally doesn't miss a beat, but for a moment all he can think about are those fingers and how they've touched him.
The man comes back to himself, face pinched as he tries to shake those thoughts away.  This had probably been a bad idea on his part.  It's near impossible to hate Jett while they're dancing.  
"You probably wouldn't understand it none."  The truth is that every single rejection to date has been worth these three minutes.  They might seem like nothing to Jett but to Galileo they are everything.   He doesn't get to feel this way, ever.  This is freedom for him.  He knows when it's over they will go back to hating each other but this moment will keep him going on the worst days, when Jett doesn't show up in his room and he's left alone with nothing but his broken brain and the dissociation it brings. He can remember the weight of Jett standing on his toes and maybe that will pull him back from the edge.
"I wanted to dance with you just cause I knew you'd hate it."  It's not the complete truth but it's not a lie either.  Gally never expected Jett would enjoy this, but the boy will always remember it happened.  They happened. Even if only for a night.
"Can't tell ya anymore than that Jones. You might use it against me."

Cash is taken off guard by the boys honesty.  He hadn't so much expected they would talk about his brothers affair.  He hasn't been close with Carter this past year.  Truth be told he was only trying to gauge how his brother had changed in that time.  This is more information than he'd wanted, and while he should probably feel better knowing that his brother is at least being good to his mistress all Cash really feels is hurt.  He doesn't know how his wife had treated her lover but he doubts she was so caring as Carter.
Carter, who's been with the same man for so long Cash has lost track of the years.  Maybe he got bored.  The man grimaces at the thought, wonders if that's where all marriages are destined to end up after enough time has passed.
Cash clears his throat, quickly regaining composure.  He doesn't want Malakai to get any ideas about the state of his relationship with Carter just because he's still bothered by the fallout of his marriage.
"I'm glad to hear you like him, and I suppose it's a good thing that he's conducting himself honorably with your brother."  It's hard to imagine an honorable affair but Malakai is obviously honest and Cash takes him at his word.  "I do hope that everything ends well for them.  I haven't spoken to my brother as often as I should have this past year.  I hardly feel as though I know him anymore." Cash watches the colors in his drink mix together, eager to change the subject.  "Your family seems close. What's that like?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 9:48 pm

“You were right, I hate it. Not as much as I hate you, but it’s still pretty bad.” Jett responds but his heart isn’t truly in it because really, it’s not so bad. It’s kind of fun, actually. He’s sure it would be even more fun if he could dance instead of just let Gally move him through the motions. “I didn’t know you could dance though. You’re really good. Where the hell did you learn to dance like this?” This no longer feels like reality. He’s drunk off his ass being swayed around by Gally in a club. This has to be a dream. A really weird dream. He gets caught up thinking of where Gally could have learned to dance like this and realizes he has no idea where the hell Galileo Gray came from. He can’t imagine him learning to dance because he has no information about his past at all. Hell, he can’t even imagine him as a kid. He’s got no family Jett has ever seen him talk to, no friends. Jett could almost convince himself the man didn’t exist at all. He had appeared out of nowhere one day. Maybe he’d disappear just as suddenly, without a trace. He had to figure out something, anything he could hold on to. “Do you have any family alive? Any you still talk to?” Jett blurts out finally, knowing it’s an invasive question but he can’t seem to care. “That’s my third question. You have to answer since you only gave me a half truth for the last one.”

Malakai notes Cash’s reaction, groans inwardly as he realizes he has definitely succeeded in making the man uncomfortable. He almost wants to apologize but fears that will only make it worse so instead he just readily goes along with the man’s change of subject.
“We are pretty close. It’s mostly because our mom is in the military. He’s always gone so much the rest of us have to sort of stick together. That’s how it started anyways. It’s nice most of the time, but then again you sort of have everyone in your business all the time. There’s no keeping secrets around here. When I was young, I think my dad always knew what I was up to even before I did.” He smiles fondly as he speaks of his father. “Don’t get me wrong though, I wouldn’t change it for anything.”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 pm

"My momma taught me."  Galileo murmurs the words breathlessly, chest tightening with pride.  He doesn't talk about his mother often, but he completely light's up on the rare occasions that he's able to mention her.  The alcohol is loosening his lips in a way that could be dangerous, he knows and still he grins so wide a dimple forms at his cheek.  Galileo will think back on this moment tomorrow and loath himself endlessly.
The song is already ending but Jett seems to hold onto him a little bit tighter so Gally doesn't stop spinning. His cheeks are flushed, and he knows his hair must be getting damp with sweat.  Jett shouldn't mind that though, it happens in the bed room too.
The man is caught off guard by Jett's sudden question, almost trips as it registers with his broken brain.  
Since when does Jett give two shits about who he talks to?
Gally stops in the middle of the dance floor, his hands dropping back to rest at the boys hip.  He can't move and think at the same time, not when he's half drunk and Jett's wanting to know about a family that doesn't exist.
"I think I need another drink."  Galileo looks past Jett to the bar they'd been sitting at.  There's no way he's answering that question, not until he's so wasted he wont remember in the morning. He leads them back towards the bar, half hoping Jett will forget all about it even while knowing he definitely wont.
"Another round please miss."  Gally talks to the bartender, thankful when she turns and pours his whisky right away.  He hadn't realized how many people had drifted out.  Must be getting late.
Fuck, he wishes she'd kick them out but a glance at his watch tells him they still have an hour to be here.
"Well shit."  The man huffs as he takes up his drink, knocks it back without so much as blinking. "I reckon I don't really have any family to speak of. My ma's been dead for years now, since I was about sixteen.  Pop went off to lock up not long after. Course that ain't nothin' to cry about, I was glad to see him go."  Galileo is staring down at his empty glass, waiting for it to be filled again. "And that about does it.  I think ma said her parents died young, and pop had people livin' but they didn't want shit to do with him after he got ma knocked up out of wedlock."  Gally lets out a winded sigh, leaning back to finally get a good look at Jett.  "I came from nothing and im gonna be nothing, so it all works out in the end." He doesn't worry about Jett feeling sorry about his pitiful life.  The boy doesn't have a sorry bone in his body.  That's what makes this entire relationship work.  
"What about you Jones? You got a sad mommy and daddy story?"  Gally doesn't know much about Jett's family but he has heard Eustass mention them before, knows that somewhere they are alive and the alpha hates their guts.

"Ah yes, I remember meeting most of your family when I came to the house that day." Mostly he remembered the towering redhead who'd been aggressively protective of both his children. He seemed as though he was a good father, albeit a little over involved in his kid's life. Or maybe it just seems that way to Cash whose parents were hardly ever home growing up.
"Your father was nice, not any fan of Carter's but he was kind to me." Thinking back Cash can't remember if the boys mother had been present, he'd been more concerned with talking to Eustass about the affair his brother was having. And then he'd met Malakai and no one else had mattered.
"What is it like to have a parent in military?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 1:45 am

Jett tries to pretend he wasn’t disappointed when the man had abruptly stopped their dance, moved their date back to the bar. Okay, so he’d clearly struck a nerve with that family question.
He drinks as he listens to Gally speak. Nothing the man says makes him feel any better. He’s really got nothing. He could disappear tomorrow and Jett would have no way to find him again, no one to track down for proof that he really existed. It makes him feel strangely empty inside.
He hardly realizes when Gally shifts the conversation to him.
“I’m not the one who picked truth.” Jett responds. And yet, after another gulp of his drink he answers the question anyways. “I guess I do. Not much of a story. They never wanted kids, I was an accident. My dad wouldn’t let mom get an abortion and she hated me ever since. Dad worked a stupid fancy office job, was always gone on business trips. So it was mostly just me and mom. She didn’t talk to me unless she had to. End of story.” Jett shrugs, tries to speak casually but fails. Truthfully, he hates his childhood story even more because it doesn’t sound bad enough. All he can think about is how he must sound so over dramatic, complaining about his upbringing because mommy didn’t pay him enough attention.
He knows so many have it worse. He was never abused or molested or dangerously neglected. He was just there.
He should be thankful.
But there are still some things he can’t shake, like the fear of spending time alone and the inability to let people too close, unable to believe that anyone could truly love him.
It’s him who orders the next round of drinks, even though he knows his alcohol limit and it had been about three drinks ago.

Malakai hadn’t expected the question, isn’t used to people asking it. But he doesn’t mind so much, just fears he’s doing so much talking that Cash will surely grow sick of his mouth soon.
“Uh, not fun.” He shrugs, spinning his straw around his glass idly. “At least for me it’s a little easier because my mom has done it ever since I was born. I don’t know what it’s like to have him around all the time, so I feel like I don’t miss him as much as I could, if that makes sense.” Mal explains, knows that he is rambling. “I just got really close to dad to make up for the missing parent. So the worst part for me is normally dad, because he’s really down whenever mom is gone, misses him. Other than that, there’s all the missed birthdays and Christmases, but you get used to it.” He finishes, thinking of something that will make Cash talk about himself instead. “What about you? What was it like growing up?”
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 3:21 am

"Well hell, ain't we just a pair of sorry son's of bitches." Galileo wears a strained sort of smile, uneasy about the way his stomach churns at the thought of Jett being raised like a mistake. If that's true then he's the best accident to ever happen.  Without Jett it's possible Galileo would have already disappeared, no reason to keep coming home.  
So while he knows there's no use in him getting mad about it here that does nothing to stop the uncomfortable gnawing at his gut.  And why the hell does he care anyways?
Gally is glad to hear Jett order another round of shots, he sure as hell needs them.  
The bartender seems to be paying them special attention now that the crowd has thinned out.  Galileo in particular.  He's far too wrapped up in Jett to notice how she bats her eyelashes while making their drinks.  After a while she must grow tired of being ignored because she reaches out and touches his shoulder, pretty manicured nails digging into the flannel fabric.
Galileo turns sharply as he feels fingers on him, the wrong fingers.
He's too drunk to shove the hand away, entire body swaying as he moves to stare blankly at their bartender as if he's just now realized she's been the one touching him all along.
"What ya need darlin? isit time for us to haul ass outta here?" The man tries to check his watch but she catches his chin, tilts his head upward in the hopes that he'll see her pretty blue eyes and fall in love.  
Jokes on her because he can't see color and all she's making him right now is uncomfortable.
"Not quite but when it is time you can always haul your ass back to my place." The women must think she's being clever but Galileo is so drunk all he can do is blink, eyebrows pinched as the smell of her perfume causes his headache to triple in intensity.

Cash hums softly, contemplating the question. "I guess it wasn't all that bad. My mother was gone a lot as well. Not for any reason so noble as yours." It almost felt silly telling this boy about his childhood, especially considering he had it easy compared to Malakai with his parent off in the services. That had to be a certain level of stressful.
"She had her own fashion company that she'd founded young. And my father was the chief of surgery in a big city. They wanted kids to carry on the family legacy but they weren't actually around to raise us. We had nannies for that sort of thing." Cash laughs softly, glad to finally feel as though he were learning more about Malakai and where he comes from.
"So exactly how old are you? I probably should have started with that." He knows the boy must be of a legal age because Carter would never be so stupid as to pursue a child but he still feels the need to ask, just for his own peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Jett watches the exchange, feels the jealousy burning hot in his stomach. He has never understood the phrase “green eyed monster” truly until now. It feels as if there’s a monster inside of him, one that must be very attached to Gally, clawing to get out at the sight of the man being pursued by someone else. Then again, maybe that’s just his wolf. He does have an unhealthy urge to rip the woman’s throat out, after all. Any other day and he would notice the first sparks of jealousy and stomp them out, horrified at himself. But this wasn’t any other day. This was a night where he was wasted and they had danced. This was a night that had made Jett feel almost normal for the first time in his entire life. This was a night where this bitch was about to get her fingers broken if she didn’t remove them from Gally’s shoulder within the next five seconds.
“Yeah I don’t think that’s going to happen.” Jett blurts, eyes narrowed with an obviously not genuine smile on his face. “Unfortunately for you, he’s already got other plans. Oh, and just a tip for next time you try to hit on one of your customers instead of doing your job. Try being less desperate, maybe you’ll get laid every once in a while.”
The bartender looks shocked and incredibly pissed off. For a moment Jett thinks he’s gotten himself banned for sure. And then, thankfully, someone calls for her down at the other end of the bar.
“Thank god,” Jett mutters as he grabs one of the shots they’d just gotten. “I was this close to punching her in those stupid fake tits if she kept giving you those fucking sex eyes.” He rolls his eyes, downs the shot before he realizes that he’d spoken out loud.
The realization is sobering. This is bad. He’d just thrown a jealous temper tantrum and even worse than doing it to himself, he had actually vocalized it to Gally.
He stands from his seat abruptly, looking not unlike a deer caught in headlights.
“I gotta go to the bathroom. I’ll be back.”
Jett makes a beeline for the bathroom, only realizing just how drunk he is when he stands. The whole room seems to spin, the ground moving beneath his feet.
Briefly he looks around for Ollie but when he doesn’t see his friend immediately, he continues on. He barely makes it into the restroom before he stumbles, leaning against the sink to catch his balance.
“Fuck.” Jett sighs as he turns on the faucet, cups some cold water in his hands and leans in to splash it on his face. He needs to sober up, and now.
How the hell does he get out of this one?
God, he’s so stupid. Jealousy like that would be stupid even if they were in a committed relationship but while they weren’t even technically seeing each other? It was pathetic. He’d never even been so possessive over Boyd. What had gotten into him?
Maybe he could have contained himself if the woman had just flirted and Gally had let her down and that was the end of it. But the man had paused. Jett knew it was only because he was so far gone he had trouble comprehending what was happening but still, it gave him a moment to consider. What if Gally was interested? It put that thought in his head and then he couldn’t get it out. It made him sick in his stomach. Now he knows, he never wants to see Gally with anyone else. It’s a shocking realization and he hopes he can forget it in the morning but for now, it’s here.
Maybe instead of being in here trying to figure out how to convince Gally he isn’t interested, he should be out there showing him that he is. While he was in here, that stupid bartender could be giving it another try. He needs to make his move now.
When he exits the bathroom, he is a man on a mission. He walks with purpose back towards the bar. This time his head doesn’t spin and the ground doesn’t wobble. He locks eyes on Galileo and he’s never felt more sober.
He reaches the other beta and before he can say anything, Jett grabs him. With one hand on each cheek, he pulls the man in close and brings their lips together passionately. He kisses Gally for the first time not behind a locked door and he couldn’t care less who is watching. He doesn’t care what Ollie has to say, or Mal, or that stupid bartender. Suddenly, nothing matters but them.

“I’m sorry.” Mal speaks genuinely, reaching over to place his hand stop Cash’s, hopefully in a comforting way. “I know it sucks to not have parents around, no matter what the reason is.” He assures, not wanting Cash to feel like he is judging him for implying he had a bad childhood. The other man’s question lingers in the air and Mal grimaces before he answers. “I was kinda hoping you wouldn’t ask that. I mean, I’m definitely legal so you’re not being a creep or anything. I just don’t want it to scare you away from taking me to that fancy art exhibit.” Mal smirks shyly, acting as if the art exhibit is all he’s worried about instead of admitting he’s hoping this could go farther than that. “I’m nineteen.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Thrills
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Kidd Pack :: Galileo/Jett-
Jump to: