Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IDFC

Go down 
+4
Nikita Odair
Oleander Taylor
Thatch Taylor
Eustass Kidd
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 am

"Nikky?" Bellamy had felt his son's distress from halfway across the world. The soldier had dropped everything in order to find a phone. He always saved enough minutes for an emergency, and his baby hurting qualified as urgent. He'd been dialing when the phone rang.
"Is everything okay there? You're upset, I can feel it. What's happening?" He didn't sense anything wrong with Vitaly or Boyd, it was only Nikita. That was unnerving. His oldest son was strong.
Fear pierced Bellamy's very core as he went through all the possibilities in his head, suddenly nauseated by the distance between them. He needed to be home, able to hold his baby. Sure, Nikita was twenty four now, a man in every right. But he would always be a bright eyed little boy in Bellamy's eyes.
"Do I need to come home? I was scheduled to be there next week, but I can rush it. You just have to be honest and tell me why you're hurting. I have to know so I can fix it."
Back to top Go down
Nikita Odair

Nikita Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 3:26 pm

"No, no, no. Dad, you don't have to come home." Nikita stammered out immediately, cursing himself internally. His mother would kill him if he made Bellamy leave and come home early. Vitaly always made sure to remind him that they had to be strong for their father. He already felt guilty enough about being absent from their lives, they didn't need to make it worse. "I'll be fine. It's just... it's Ollie. We're... kinda fighting and I know it sounds stupid that I called you just because of that but I think we're over and I'm not really handling it well." He tried his hardest to sound like it wasn't as bad as he felt that it was. He regretted calling his father, not wanting to worry the man. But a part of him couldn't regret it because he really had needed to hear the man's voice. It had such a calming effect on him. His daddy was here to fix everything. "So yeah, there's not much you can do so you don't need to drop everything and come home. I just wanted to talk to you." He sighed softly.
Beside Bellamy, Thatcher was leaning in, trying to hear what Nikita was saying. He had felt his own son's distress as well and was considering trying to get a flight home when he had run into Bellamy doing the same thing. He had stopped when Nikita called, assuming that it might be the same thing hurting both of their children.
When Nikita said that he and Oleander were fighting, Thatcher nodded understandingly. Of course he knew that his baby was head over heels in love with Nikita. He wondered if the fight involved that. It would definitely explain the overwhelming heartbreak Oleander was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Bellamy had to take a moment to compose himself, entire body aching as he listened to the distress in his son's voice. He hated being so far away, unable to do anything but try and verbally soothe the boys hurt.
"You can always call me, Nikita. I love talking to you, it's one of my favorite things, so you don't ever feel guilty about that." His thoughts mirrored Thatchers. He knew that Nikita had loved Oleander almost all his life. It had grown over time to something more. Bellamy never brought it up, always waiting until Nikita himself was ready to talk.
It was hard to fathom anything bad enough to end their friendship.
"You just need to focus on breathing okay? Take deep breaths." The soldier listened intently at his son's breathing, assuring himself that it was slowly regulating. "Whenever you're ready, tell me what happened. Im sure we can fix it." He would make sure they fixed it. Letting Nikita continue to hurt like this was not an option.

Oleander had considered calling his mother. Eustass loved him dearly, but the alpha had yet to realize that Ollie's love for Nikita went well beyond friendship. And while Malakai knew, he was not a person Oleander wanted relationship advice from.
No, all Oleander wanted was his mother. It was pathetic in all accounts. The only love he'd known in life had just ended their friendship, and instead of shrugging it off and taking it like a man, Oleander wanted his mom.
It was so shameful Oleander's chest burned. He hadn't called, so no one would ever know.
But Oleander knew, and he hated himself for it.
He wanted to hate Nikita for it, but the feeling wouldn't come.
Back to top Go down
Nikita Odair

Nikita Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 9:17 pm

"I don't know if talking about it will fix anything." Nikita sighed softly. He never wanted to talk to his dad about his problems, never wanted to sound like he couldn't handle something.
But this... maybe he should talk about it. What if it helped?
"Uh... the other week Ollie kind of told me he had feelings for me. Like romantic feelings. But I'm not ready to screw up what we already have. He's all I have sometimes when you're gone and if things fall apart between us, I'll be alone and I don't want that. So I wanted to just go back to normal and be friends but he can't do that apparently. I tried to lay with him tonight and he fucking accused me of leading him on when I was just trying to be normal. So I got mad and snapped at him and told him he wasn't considering how I felt and maybe we couldn't even be friends anymore if he was going to be like this. And now we're fucking falling apart anyways which is what I didn't want to happen in the first place." He sighed heavily, feeling good to have actually let it out to someone. It still wasn't the complete explanation of all the emotions running wild inside of him, but it was something.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 11:29 pm

"First off, you are never alone. I get that i'm not physically there, but im always with you Nikita. I feel it when you're happy, and I sure as hell felt it today when you were hurt. You've always got me. I'm only a phone call away." Nikita had assured him that he didn't need to come home, but Bellamy wanted to. He could hardly stand the distance between them, knowing his child was lonely and there was nothing he could truly do to remedy that.
"And I get that you and Ollie just had one hell of an argument, but I don't think it's the end for you two. You said it yourself, he loves you. And you obviously love him. That doesn't go away just because of a fight. You two will just take some time to cool off, and then everything will work itself out. You two have been mad at each other before. It never lasts." Bellamy glanced to Thatcher as if searching for reassurance. He did truly believe that things would work out, but he also worried. This fight sounded harsh and difficult. If it was going to continue to be a problem, he was asking for leave and taking the first flight home.
Back to top Go down
Nikita Odair

Nikita Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 11:57 pm

"I know, it's just this time feels different. I don't know if it's going to be as easy to fix this time. I just want to go back to the way we were, how we've been the past fucking seventeen years. I don't know why he's got to change it all of a sudden." Nikita groaned softly. "But thank you, dad. Really, just talking to you helped. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you to talk to." He sighed, lying back on his bed. "I've got a damn date in an hour too and I was actually excited but now I don't feel like getting out of bed."
Thatcher nodded encouragingly at Bellamy to let him know that he agreed. Well really, he had his doubts. He didn't know if the boys could ever go back to being just friends now that Oleander's feelings were out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 4:40 am

"You go and enjoy your date. Let it take your mind of things. It might just cheer you up. You can go see Oleander tomorrow and sort everything out. But until then, there is absolutely no reason to keep stressing yourself out over it, okay?" Bellamy felt unbridled joy know that he had managed to help, knowing that Nikita had called him instead of Eustass. He was always terrified the alpha would end up taking his place in Nikky's life.
"I'll be home in a week. You call me whenever you want to talk. I always want to talk to you. And I always want you to be happy, so promise me you'll try to have a good time tonight."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 5:18 pm

"Course, daddy." Nikita couldn't help but smile softly, for the first time in a while remembering what it felt like to be a young boy, when he thought it was still okay to be sensitive and let his daddy be his superman. It was the first time he'd called the man daddy in years. "Thanks for talking me off the ledge, really." He sighed. "I'll try to enjoy my date. It's with that Wade kid, Boyd's friend. He's been trying for so long I decided to throw him a bone and say yes for once." He chuckled softly. "Anyways, I'll let you go I guess. We all can't wait to see you next week."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Bellamy's heart swelled when Nikita called him 'daddy'. It was something he didn't think he'd ever hear again.
"Thank you for calling me. I needed to hear your voice, too. It was wonderful." The soldier wasn't quite ready to let go yet, but he did want Nikita to go have a good time with his date. He didn't want his baby sitting at home hurt.
"You make sure that Wade kid treats you right, okay? Tell him you have a dad that'll break his neck if he hurts you. I know that you can take care of yourself, but I like feeling like your dad. It's my honor to take care of you, so call me more. I'll see you when im home, and im sending you all of my love."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 9:27 pm

"Dad, I appreciate you but you know he couldn't hurt me if he tried." Nikita chuckled softly. "But thanks anyways. I love you and it was nice talking to you. I'll see you next week, okay? Bye." He hung up the phone then, sighing as he laid and sulked on his bed for a moment more before forcing himself to his feet to get ready for his date with Wade.
It still hurt to not have Ollie here with him but truly, it was amazing how talking to Bellamy had lessened the weight on his chest, crushing him. He could handle it now, it was bearable again.
He got ready then, dressing in a light blue button down shirt that brought out the color of his eyes and simple black dress pants. He didn't know what Wade had planned for them and he rarely dressed up like this for dates, but he felt like the boy deserved him at his best, seeing as he'd been trying for so long now. Plus, maybe seeing the way Wade would surely swoon at how he looked might give him the confidence boost he was looking for tonight. He was beginning to feel confident that maybe spending a night with Wade would be a good thing. He needed to get out.
He was all ready and waiting on the couch by the time eight o'clock rolled around.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Bellamy heaved a heavy sigh as the call ended, broad shoulders tense with concern for his child. "What are we going to do with them, Thatch?" Next week couldn't come fast enough. He was sure this fight wasn't forever, it would come to pass. He still wanted to be there so he could see Nikita through the worst of it. He'd always taken comfort in knowing that Nikita had a friend he could always lean on when things got rough. Bellamy felt suddenly weaker knowing that Nikita had no one. He was too proud to go to Vitaly or Boyd, and the soldier knew that Nikky would be nervous about telling Eustass. He was all the boy had now, and he wasnt even there.

Wade showed up fifteen minutes before eight, determined that he would make this night perfect. This date couldnt be another screw up, it was too important. Nikita was too important.
The boy spent his extra time sitting alone in his truck, staring in the pull down mirror and psyching himself up. Wade had went out and bought a new outfit just for tonight, nothing too fancy but still something he knew Nikita would like. A silky black v-neck along with a matching coat and a pair of dark jeans.
Wade had gotten there early-
But he was still five minutes late knocking on the door. He just stood there, trying to swallow down the near overwhelming nervousness so that Nikita wouldn't notice and think him childish. At eight o' five Wade finally found the courage to knock. He'd brought Nikita a single white rose, which he offered up the moment the Russian's face appeared at the door.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm

"I don't damn know, Bell." Thatcher groaned softly, running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. "I wish I could call and tell Eustass to be there for them but I know Ollie would kill me. Maybe I should call him to make sure everything's okay..." He knew his son was too proud to call him on his own, liked to act stronger than he was. But he was most likely suffering even more than Nikita and if Nikita was hurting bad enough to call his father, then it must be pretty bad. "Yeah I think I'm gonna call." He nodded, mostly to himself. "Be right back."
And then he moved off before dialing his son's number, waiting and desperately hoping that he could do something to help.

"All this for me?" Nikita grinned almost teasingly as he opened the door, taking the rose as it was offered and making no attempt to hide the way his eyes trailed over the man in front of him. "Damn, I thought this was your lucky day but looks like it's mine. You look good." It was true. He was quite surprised by just how nice Wade looked. He almost let himself be too happy about this, realizing that a nice fuck might be just what he needed to get his mind off of Ollie. But no, Wade was too special for him to pop and drop. He would be good for tonight. "So what do you have planned for us, my man? I'm expecting the night of my life here." He made sure to wear an easy smile as he spoke, finding that he wanted to really make Wade have a nice night. He had waited for so long, he deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Oleander hadn't wanted to go home. Eustass would be waiting for him there, no doubt having felt it the moment Ollie's heart broke. The man would have questions that couldn't be answered. He'd look at Oleander with his big green eyes and like any father he'd want to comfort his child. Oleander couldn't face that though. He didn't like to cry. If anyone touched him, he'd cry. He couldn't let his father see that. Eustass had enough to worry about with Malakai running wild and Thatcher gone.
So Oleander wandered. He walked from Nikita's house into town, taking back roads and rooftops, always on the outskirts. There was a store on Jefferson street that never carded, so he went in there and bought a pack of cigarettes and some cheap nameless beer that had probably been there for years. The cans left dust on his fingertips when he picked them up.
Oleander walked a few more blocks after that, eventually coming upon the towns water tower. If he were human the climb to the top would be tedious, not really worth all the effort. But it was his luck that he'd been born with different blood in his veins. He scaled the ladder with ease, reaching the top platform without so much as breaking a sweat. Oleander liked this place. It was the highest point around, from here he could see everything, every street and house, including his own and Nikita's. He could see lights in the Russian's yard, knew with a sickening certainty that it was Wade there to pick Nikita up for their date. He refused to acknowledge it, but some part of him had hoped Nikita would change his mind. His heart had wanted to believe the Russian would be just as miserable as he was now, after ending their friendship. Instead the boy was going on a date. Oleander was ruined over this, losing the most important person in his life.
And his most important person didn't seem to be phased by it. Hell, he was going on a date. He'd probably fuck Wade and forget all about Ollie and their arguement.
For a moment, Oleander imagined his body crashing into the pavement below. It was a gruesome scene, even in his head, and it gave him a sort of strange peace. He wasn't suicidal, but it was always comforting to know there was a way out, if he needed it.
His phone started ringing just after he'd finally settled into his perch. He hadn't even lit a cigarette yet. For a second his heart soared with hope. For just a second, he thought Nikita was calling him.
But hope is useless. It only leads to disappointment.
Oleander was surprised to see his mothers name flashing across the screen, cursing softly because this was the one call he could not ignore. He missed his mother more than he could show, merely seeing the mans name on his phone had Oleander's stomach in knots, a frustrated scream lodging in his throat. He wanted his mom. Grief was hitting him in waves and all he wanted was his mom.
But Thatcher was halfway around the world, and it wouldn't do either of them any good to get him worked up when there's nothing he can do. So Oleanders swallows back his hurt and answers the phone.
Or really he just accepts the call. It takes him a long time to actually speak, his throat constricting against everything he wants to say but cant.
When he does finally speak, his voice is soft and strained. He doesnt know how to ask for help, and its been so long since he's asked that he isn't sure he'd get any.
"Hey Ma, how are things around the world? You okay?" Its late. His mom never calls him this late.

Wade felt his cheeks warming at the compliment. It wasnt a rare thing, people saying he looked good.
But the words were different coming from Nikita. It hit him then that this was real. He was actually standing on Nikita's doorstep, and the Russian was all dressed up for a date. His wildest dreams were coming true, and suddenly Wade found himself burning with nerves. This was his big moment, and it had to be perfect. "Well to begin with, I was thinking id take you to get a bite to eat before the main events. There's a diner called monroe's place that I like to go to after fight club. Its not a big place but they sell the best burgers i've ever tasted. Also they do these old fashioned milkshakes that make your head spin." His hands moved with every word, unable to keep still under Nikita's gaze. "After that I had a few other places I wanted to take you. I can't tell you where though, I want it to be an adventure." Wade offered up his arm, hoping with all his heart that Nikita would take it.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm

For a few moments, Thatcher is silent.
He's spent the majority of his children's seventeen years on earth feeling like a failure as a parent. He had told Eustass he'd be no good as a mother, it was why he hadn't wanted kids in the first place. But the man had convinced him he'd be wonderful and he'd been foolish enough to believe it.
Now his kids were distant and half of the time he felt like Oleander hated him, hated him for not being there. Thatcher couldn't blame him.
He never knew the right thing to say in situations like this. Just once he wanted to have the perfect words, to reassure his son that everything would be okay.
Maybe if he could fix this one problem, it could mend their relationship completely, let Ollie know that he was there for him.
"I love you, Ollie. Tell me what's going on? I've got all night." The words seemed simple for the amount of time it'd taken him to come up with them. It was all he had, his sincere concern for his son. He needed to be there for him, was already considering if he could get home sooner than he was supposed to.

"I'll follow your lead then." Nikita chuckled, smiling softly at the other boy as he took his arm like he wanted, figuring it couldn't hurt to give in for the night. He found it endearing how Wade's hands moved while he talked, how nervous he appeared. And it was all for him. It made him stand just a bit taller, relieving some of the pain from the Oleander situation. "I'm a bit impatient though, my man, so you'll have to forgive me if I won't stop guessing."
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 pm

"Did uh, did dad call you or something?" Oleander was floored by the concern he could hear in his mothers voice. He'd never heard Thatcher sound like that before. He knew he was loved. There were times when he doubted it, but deep down he always knew. Sometimes it just didn't feel like enough. Without Nikita, could anything ever really be enough? The Russian was gone, and he'd taken most of Oleander's heart with him.
"Because if he did, you know he's always blowing things out of proportion. Im fine. There's no reason for you to worry. Im sure you're probably busy." He hoped his mother wouldn't notice the tremble in his words. This was why he couldn't go home. He hadn't wanted Eustass to try and coddle him, he was afraid to let the break happen. It was coming, he could feel it in the form of a scream perched just beneath his chin. And now, just hearing Thatcher's voice threatened to send him over the edge.
This was a loneliness they don't teach you about in textbooks. You have to feel it to know its weight, how it settles in a person's bones and makes their lungs feel as though someone has filled them with concrete.
He had told himself he would say no more than that, but his mother was all the way across the world and he didn't want the man worrying himself to death because Ollie is keeping secrets. Besides, it wouldn't be a secret for long. His and Nikita's friendship ending would be quickly noticed.
"I just had a fight with Nikita. Its nothing, so don't worry."
It's everything, and Ollie has lost it.

The boy grinned crookedly as Nikita took his arm, leading them like a gentleman over to his car. "Go ahead and guess. You wont figure it out." Wade lived on the other side of town. These are places he doubts Nikita has visited. "I think you'll really like it though. I picked everything out with you in mind." The boy opened Nikita's door for him, even giving a curt bow as he waited for the Russian to take his seat.
Back to top Go down
Wiley Abercrombie

Wiley Abercrombie

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 pm

"Your dad didn't call, baby, I felt it." Thatcher sighed softly, wanting nothing more than to be able to cradle his baby in his arms and be there in person to assure him everything would be alright. "I know it doesn't always seem like it but you're the most precious thing in this world to me. When you're hurting, I know. Feels like I can't breathe until I can know you're okay." He paused, taking in the boy's words fully. "How bad of a fight on a scale of 1 to 10?" He knew it was a stupid question as soon as it left his mouth. It was a ten, he could feel it. "Is it fixable? That's a better question."

Nikita couldn't help but laugh softly as he slipped into the car, not used to this special treatment. He was normally the gentleman, leading the way and opening doors for his date of the night. He didn't mind so much though, at least not tonight. Tonight it was just nice to be cared about. He didn't know what he'd do without company.
"Oh yeah? Well I trust your judgement so maybe just maybe I can be patient for a little while." He smirked as he got situated, glancing over as Wade slid into the driver's seat beside him.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Oleander didn't want to talk about this. He was trying to accept it, had come here to drink it all away. Facing it could snuff out the last bit of light he had in life. He wanted to be happy that his mother was opening up to him, happy that his mom loved him so much that he could physically feel it when something was wrong.
But Nikita had taken all of his joy. There was nothing left.
"Ma....Mom...." Oleander opened his mouth to speak but nothing was coming out. It felt as though his heart had shriveled inside his chest, a black hole that threatened to consume everything. "M-Momma,"
The boys voice wobbled, tears finally spilling down his cheeks. He resentfully pressed a palm again his eyes, rubbing fiercely as though sheer force alone could make it stop. "I think this is it. It's over." Oleander swallowed down a sob, letting it catch in his chest where it exploded anyways. He looked down at the city, took in the beauty of its twinkling lights-
And thought again about what his body would look like splattered against the pavement.
"He's gone."

Wade drove them across town, pointing out different buildings and occasionally offering a story about his childhood. He smiled the entire way, asking Nikita questions and savoring the sound of the Russian's voice against the soft backdrop of his stereo.
"We should do this more, you know? I mean, even if you decide you dont want to go on another date, we should keep hanging out."
Back to top Go down
Wiley Abercrombie

Wiley Abercrombie

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 am

Thatcher had decided then and there, he'd have to kick Nikita's fucking ass. Bellamy and Eustass could be as mad at him as they pleased, but nobody made his baby cry like this and got away with it. Nobody.
"Ollie, baby." Thatcher found his own voice to be shaking as he spoke, as if he were the one crying. "It doesn't have to be over. You know anything can be fixed if you try hard enough, if you want it to. I'll help you fix it, if that's what you want. And if not, I'll help you pick up the pieces and find someone new because lord knows that boy doesn't deserve you, Oleander." He knew he didn't, had always known. But no, Eustass had loved him first so the Russian was trusted with their boy's heart.
He had failed.
Thatcher would not give him another chance.
"We can get you through this, Ollie. I promise."

Nikita had been momentarily lost in his thoughts, glancing up at the water tower from several streets away. If he tried hard enough he could almost imagine he saw a little speck of a person perched at the top of the ladder. It didn't take too much imagination to pretend it was Oleander sitting up there. It was somewhere he liked to go, somewhere they had gone together.
Somewhere they'd probably never go again.
He was snapped out of his thoughts by Wade's words, cursing himself for not giving this boy his full attention.
"Yeah, we should, Wade. You're right. I'd like that." He chirped out, flashing a still dazzling smile even though his heart wasn't truly in it. His mind was on Ollie suddenly, as if he could feel how upset his friend was, even though he was only human.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm

"Momma dont. Just....just dont. This isn't something that can be fixed." There was a time when he believed that his mother being home could fix anything, everything. But not even his mother could make this okay. The world was ending, and Oleander was facing the fire alone. "I don't... I don't know if I even want to get through this." Oleander's gaze trailed a certain pair of lights in the city below, following them through streets and across town. It was a car.
It was Wade's car.
And Nikita was riding shotgun.
Oleander absently touched his chest, nails sinking into skin as though he wanted to reach inside and pull out his heart. That would be easier. Less painful.
"You know what Nikky's doing right now ma? He's on a date. He's going to have fun. He's probably going to fuck Wade senseless before the nights over." The Russian didn't miss him. Oleander could disappear and the only people who would notice are his parents. That was a new level of pathetic.
Ollie wants to hate Nikita for doing this to him. If it were anyone else resentment would come easy. But not Nikita. The Russian had ended things and Ollie couldn't even be mad.
You can't make someone love you. He'd tried that with Nikita and look where it had gotten him. Now he was cast out into darkness. He'd never stand in the sunshine of Nikita's smile again.
The thoughts were making him dizzy with grief.
"Mom....how do you live when everything that's good in the word is gone? If you lost dad....what would you do? " The boy sounded small, and lost. Nikita was half of his soul. Oleander didn't understand how he could survive after losing the most vital part of himself.

"Not to pry or anything, but is there something on your mind?" Wade kept his eyes on the road, not wanting to overstep and make Nikita uncomfortable. "Your smile is gorgeous, always. But it didn't quite reach your eyes that time. Is there a reason why?" He hoped that he hadn't done anything to upset the boy. They were just getting started. He'd promised Nikita an amazing date.
"You know, we don't have to do what I have planned. I want to do whatever you want."
Back to top Go down
Wiley Abercrombie

Wiley Abercrombie

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Thatcher contemplated the question for a moment, debating if he should give his truthful answer or the answer that a mother should give. He decided on the truth.
"I'm going to be honest with you, Ollie. Before I had you and Mal, if your dad died or left me... I would have been ready to end everything. So I know that's how you're feeling." It was like he was right there with his son, watching the way he kept imagining jumping from the top of this water tower. He knew, he always knew. "But I know Bellamy would have made me stick around, for him. Hell, I only met your dad in the first place because I was on death's door and Bellamy wouldn't let me go like I wanted to." Their children of course knew the story of how their parents met, but he wasn't sure they knew just how much Thatcher had wanted to die. The years after losing his family were his darkest days and he felt like if he told Oleander this now and how he had overcome, maybe it would help him realize all was not lost. "For a long time, Ollie, the only thing that kept me alive was Bell. I thought my happy times were all over, I wanted to end it, but Bell made me hang on. And I'm so glad he did because if he hadn't, I never would have met your dad. And if I hadn't met your dad, the best things in my life never would have been brought into this world." He paused and would have given a fond smile if he wasn't so worried about his son's safety, realizing he'd given one of his long inspirational speeches Eustass always teased him about. Hey, maybe he was meant for this parenting thing after all. "So what I'm saying is, it might feel like the end right now but I want you to hang on, for me. Because it might seem like Nikita is your world, but maybe there's something even better just around the corner. I didn't meet the love of my life until I was in my twentys, you've still got a lot of life to live, baby." For the first time in his life as a mother, the words seemed to come naturally. He could only hope that they helped.

"Oh no, no, no, Wade." Nikita shook his head several times. "This is all my bad, not your fault. You've done everything perfect, don't worry." He attempted a reassuring smile, tearing his eyes away from the window so he could look at Wade fully. "It's just... yeah, there's something on my mind. Right before you came to get me, I kind of got in a fight with Ollie and I mean, you know we're pretty close. It's just bugging me. I'm sorry, though, I shouldn't be thinking about that right now."
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 pm

"Oh wow, mom. I wish dad could hear this. He'd be so proud." Oleander finally leaned away from the edge, instead falling back to lay on the frigid metal platform. He didn't want to let himself hope, but his mother made it impossible not to. Eustass liked to talk about Thatch's long and awe inspiring speeches. He'd sometimes even quote his lover while trying to parent their children. Oleander hated to admit it, but his father had been right. Thatcher was bright enough to shine light in even the darkest places. He made Ollie want to live.
"Im going to be okay now." Eustass spoke of Thatcher as though he was the sun, a burning star that gave life to all. He hadn't reminded Ollie though, that the sun was lonely up in its sky. Oleander had never considered what it might feel like to burn alone forever.
His mother has been through so much.
He has survived so much.
The pride he feels then, to know and love this man is almost too much to bear. A single tear gets caught in his lashes, and this time Oleander doesn't bother to try and brush it away.
"I miss you."

Wade never missed a beat. "You don't need to feel bad or anything. He's your bestfriend, I get it. Boyd's my best friend. Id be worried about him if we had a fight." Wade wasn't bothered to know that Nikita had a lot on his mind. He was concerned that the Russian might be sad, and determined to do everything in his power to make it better. "Im sure you two will be okay. You always are." Wade had already accepted that a relationship with Nikita would include Oleander. The boy was always around. Sitting here beside the Russian in his car was the first time he'd ever managed to get Nikita alone. And somehow, Oleander was still hovering over them.
Back to top Go down
Wiley Abercrombie

Wiley Abercrombie

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Thatcher could have cried then, feeling like he had at least lessened his son's hurt a little bit. Even if he hadn't helped fix the problem, he had at least helped Oleander to breathe a little easier and that was enough for now.
"I miss you too, baby. So much. I'll be home soon, just a few more days. Compared to these past four months, a week should be nothing, right?" His voice had softened now, wishing he could be there to hold his son in this time of need. "I'll call every night, how about that? And I know your dad can be a bit... suffocating sometimes, but he means well. You've got him there if you need him. And Mal, I'm sure he'll love to trash talk boys with you." He smiled softly at the thought of his little family, wishing more than ever that he was home with them. But he knew that they could stick together while he was gone and help Ollie get through this, if only the boy would let them.

"It's bothering me more than I thought it would. I don't know if we're gonna be okay this time" The Russian admitted, rubbing the back of his neck lightly as he thought of the way things had gone with his best friend. "I considered cancelling because of it, but I thought that this might be what I needed to cheer up and get my mind off of it." He sighed, watching Wade and the way the boy seemed truly concerned about his sadness. "Thanks though, for not being all upset about it. You're a pretty cool guy, Wade." He smiled, truly appreciating how Wade was handling him.
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 am

"Yeah, I know ma. I just....I don't like talking to them about my personal stuff. You know that." Oleander liked for Malakai to believe he was strong, so his brother would come to him when there was a problem. And Eustass... Well his father spent a lot of time keeping busy, because if he stopped he'd only miss Thatcher more. Ollie didn't want to be a burden on anyone.
Especially not Nikita.
So now he had no one he could be soft with.
Maybe he'd have to find someone.
"Im really going to be fine now ma. Talking to you did the trick. I'll probably sulk for a few more days, but after that im done." Ollie didn't want to be done, but Nikita had made himself clear. Things were ending and all he could do was be okay with it. "I'll be looking forward to you calling though ma. If I need to talk i'll save it for you." He couldn't wait for his mother to be home. Ollie missed the man so much his bones ached.

"Well, im really glad that you decided to come. There's no use in you being at home miserable." Wade was smiling, obviously delighted by the compliments. He was having the time of his life simply spending time with Nikita. "I get that you guys are fighting, but I wouldnt worry about it. Im sure you'll have your shadow back soon. But until then, try to relax. We can do whatever you want to take your mind off of it."
Back to top Go down
Wiley Abercrombie

Wiley Abercrombie

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 am

"Alright baby, and if I take too long to call, don't hesitate in calling me first. I'll always answer for you." Thatcher assured. "Only a few more days." He reminded although he wasn't sure if he was trying to tell this to Oleander or himself. "Love you and I'll talk to you tomorrow." He waited to hear his son's voice one last time before hanging up, nearly beaming to himself with pride. He had helped Oleander get through a tough time! He was finally being a good parent! He knew it was stupid but there was a part of him that wanted to call Eustass right now and gush about how he had finally done something right, finally been the good mother that Eustass always assured him he could be. He nearly blushed as he realized how stupid he truly was being but he was simply excited and wanted to tell someone, preferably his lover. He was proud of himself.

"Yeah, yeah, you're right Wade. Good idea." Nikita nodded a bit too hard, as if trying to physically shake away his thoughts of Ollie. He had to get past this, at least for the next few hours. "I don't really have anything in mind though, so it's alright. Let's go do everything you had planned, I'm sure you won't disappoint."
Back to top Go down
Boyd Odair

Boyd Odair

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 am

Oleander sat there a moment longer, following Nikita's heart beat until he could pick out Wade's car in all the twinkling lights of the city. It still hurt, in ways the made Oleander's stomach churn. But his mother had promised it would get better, and Ollie trusted his judgement. He'd live through this. His world ended tonight, but it would start again in the morning.
The boy used his phone to send one more text, knowing that if he didn't get in touch with his father the man would surely lose his mind.
"Hey dad. Im sure you're worried about me but im fine. Mom called. He helped me. You'd be proud. I am."
Eustass received the text just as he was calling Nikita. The alpha had waited as long as he could stand before calling. Oleander's message intercepted the call so Eustass ended it, eager to hear from Ollie himself.
He'd been expecting the worst, but his sons text actually left him feeling nearly light headed with pride. He still couldnt know what had upset his son, but knowing Thatcher had handled it was an absolute relief. His mate doubted himself as a parent, no matter what Eustass said. But tonight he'd been the one to heal Oleander's hurt. The boy never came to his father for anything personal. This was truly a victory, and Thatch had achieved it all on his own.
Eustass had to talk to him.
The alpha sent a text to Oleander, telling the boy how happy he was and asking when he'd be home before placing a call to his mate.
He heard the line click, indicating Thatcher had answered.
"Hey sunshine. The craziest thing happened to me tonight. Oleander text me and told me that he was okay. That he'd talked to you and he felt better. I hate to say I told you so ya, but I told you so. You're the greatest."

"You've been staring at that water tower for a while now. Is there a reason why? Is that somewhere you'd want to go?" Wade was eager to please. He hoped that one day he could mean as much to Nikita as Oleander obvious does. "We could get some food to go and eat it up there if you want." He was willing to try anything if it would put a smile on Nikita's face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IDFC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDFC   IDFC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

IDFC
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next