Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Say don't go.

Go down 
+2
Britt Vause
Sawyer Reynolds
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

Say don't go. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:35 pm

"Stop makin' me feel like a crippled old man.  Your daddy still has a lot of fight left in him."  Rigby pressed a tender kiss to each of the boys cheeks, clearing the tears away with his callused thumbs. He loved to hear Breccan call him daddy, but he knew that now it only meant that his son was suffering. 
"You know you can stay in my room any night sweetheart.  Ah love to have you with me."  Rigby's bed was always cold now, ever since Breccan had out grown sleeping with him as a child.
The southern man carefully carried Breccan down stairs to his room.  He'd moved to the bottom floor after the attack, his body unable to take constant trips up the stairs any more.  Rigby gently laid Breccan down on the bed, but his hands never left the boy, even as he got in himself and covered them up.  As the sheets were drawn, he was immediately pressing Breccan flush against his chest, his strong arms promising protection that only a father could offer.
"Alright sweetpea.  Now you gotta talk to daddy.  What can I do, huh? You know daddy will do anything to see you smile." 

"Crocodile is not welcomed here.  Sitka does not like when I come."  Somehow, the man always knew.  Even if Denahi didn't leave anything, his older brother could feel that he had been there. 
"I must sneak here, and leave quickly always."  He never got to sit and be comfortable. But then again, he'd never be comfortable here, not with what he'd done.
"Kwanita does not look as he did."  He wanted to tell the boy that Kenai wouldn't like it.  His little brother would be devastated to see the shine gone from those eyes. 
"Are you well?"  Denahi cautiously made his way over to sit beside Wiley, his golden eyes softening on the jar of jam.  "I always watch you leave the jam for him. Crocodile  has watched Sitka before, too.  He always comes at nine.  Its when mother officially brought Kenai into the world. He comes and he brings a cake. He usually smears your jam onto it and leaves it for the birds. Sitka takes the rest home though.  Crocodile has never touched it."
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:52 pm

"I don't know if there's anything you can do to make it better, daddy." Breccan informed as he pressed himself tight into the man's chest. "Roci came here tonight... I was in bed with Denahi. He burned all my pictures and he tried to fight Denahi. I thought he was just pissed because I forgot I was supposed to spend time with him tonight. But then he told me that he was jealous and that he loved me and..." Breccan trailed off for a moment, trying to think of how to best explain it to his father. "And I was so pissed at him. That I was finally happy and Denahi was kind of making me forget about him and feel better and then as soon as I'm happy he had to come in and ruin everything. If he was in love with me, there were seventeen long damn years that he could have told me. But he had to wait until now and act like it was my fault that I was happy without him and burned up all of my favorite pictures of us. I know I should have been happy that he loves me too but he damn hurt me and so I yelled at him and I ran back in here and then Denahi came in and I wanted to let him hold me but I knew that wasn't fair because even though I really want to, I just can't love him like I love Rosie and so I sent him away and he was crying when he left and I didn't mean to hurt him and I fucking want to hate Roci for making me feel like this but I still can't and I hate it." Breccan never spoke so fast like Rocinante did. He didn't ramble or talk much at all, really. But he couldn't seem to stop the words flowing from his mouth tonight. "And now I'm fucking alone and I just hurt everyone."

"I'm not well, crocodile." Wiley sighed, leaning his head back against the tree as he ran out of tears. "I haven't really been well in five years." Like Denahi, Wiley had been alone for the majority of the past five years. He simply hadn't been able to be the hunter Shiloh wanted him to be so he ran. He was still welcome at the house sometimes, Sitka would take him in and ask how he was, but he never stayed for long. It hurt too much to be back there. He had made a life for himself, was even going to college to get himself a nice job. But none of it was as good as it could have been if he had Kenai with him. He liked to imagine Kenai going to college with him, imagining what career the boy would have chosen. Even though the Sandoval boys weren't much for traditional careers, Wiley knew he would have made Kenai get a good job so they could live happily together without worrying about money or superficial things. He liked to think Kenai would have made a great veterinarian.
"You don't look well, either." Wiley pointed out after a moment. He had never seen Denahi cry but the man's eyes looked bloodshot now as if maybe he were crying before he arrived. "I didn't think I'd ever see you again." He admitted. He looked down at his hand then, which had sprouted claws in his despair and realized he might need the man's help with all of this.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:55 pm

"Hey, hey, what ahm ah?  Daddy's here, you aint all alone, Breccan.  That aint ever gonna happen, as long as ah got a breath left in me."  Rigby spoke fiercely, his fingers soothingly carding through Breccan's hair.  He wasn't sure what to make of everything the boy had told him, about Rocinante and Denahi and his feelings for the both of them. The only thing Rigby knew for sure was that he had to do something to make it better.
"Ah'm sorry that Rosie and Denahi are givin' you such a hard time.  If there is anything ah could do ta fix it you know ah would."  The southern man cooed softly, as though Breccan were still an infant that he could cradle against his chest, making the boy giggle just by making funny sounds.
God, how he wished for simpler times. 
"Honey, ah don't really understand whats wrong with ya though.  Didn't you want Rosie ta love you back? Is it because of Denahi? Or the pictures? Daddy can find you more pictures if thats what you want sweetheart." 

"Crocodile didn't think you would ever want to see him again."  Denahi murmured uncertainly, his golden eyes flickering up finally to meet Wiley's face.  The sight of the boy struck him, so pitiful compared to the bubbling brightness he had once been. "I was not going to push you.  I understand your hate.  Crocodile hates crocodile for this, too."  The werewolf's voice wavered with pain as he thought of his little brother, and how Kenai would look right now if he had lived.
Who he would be. 
"But you must understand, Kwanita. Crocodile did not know. It is my fault for not asking, for allowing myself to get us into such shit that I knew so little about. I never wanted it though, and if I could change it...if I could even trade places with him, I would do that in a heartbeat.  We both know he deserved life so much more than I.  Our little bird..." Denahi reached hesitantly for Wiley's hand, his heart jumping in his throat as he felt the claws.
Wiley had been turned, too?
"Kwanita, I am not asking you to forgive me.  I know what I did was unforgivable." He had ruined so many lives, not just his own.  Kenai was gone, and Wiley was all alone.  Sitka had no family anymore, and Bane...
Denahi could hardly bare it.  He had loved them all so much, and now they all bore scars because of him. 
"Crocodile just wants you to know that he loves you, Kwanita. Kenai loves you."  The man spoke softly, glanced up to the carving just above their heads. "Little bird made sure everyone knew."
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Breccan sighed at his father's question. He knew he was being ridiculous, he was just so... angry at the way Roci had gone about things.
"It's just... when he started flirting with Dmitri, I was just as jealous and upset as he was. But never in a million years would I have done what he did tonight. I could never barge into his house and burn up pictures of us and try to start a damn fight with the guy who was making him happy. It'd kill me, sure. But I'd probably just end up crying by myself. I never want to hurt him. If I can't make him happy, I'd try to be happy that someone was. I wouldn't want to hurt him like he hurt me tonight. And I know I'll have to talk to him eventually because I can never stay away from him but he just really hurt me tonight. I want him to know that."

"I forgave you a long time ago, crocodile." Wiley sighed softly, glancing over at the Native boy. Just looking at Denahi made his chest ache more. The man shared so many features with Kenai. It was almost nice, getting to see those features again, even if his little bird was still gone. "It wasn't fair to blame you that night but I was a kid and I was hurting. It wasn't until a while later that I realized Kenai wouldn't want me to blame you. He was your little bird too." Wiley spoke quietly, talking about Kenai still bringing about a terrible pain throughout his entire body.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:51 pm

"Breccan, honey." Rigby carefully ran his fingers cross the boys cheek, grasping at what would be the right thing to say, what would make it better.  "Rosie was wrong fer hurting you like this.  But dont you hurt yourself even more by trying to make yourself hate 'em, Breccan.  You an' Rosie....Ah aint ever imagined the two of you bein' apart. Actually ah always counted on him ta take care of you if anything happened to me."  Jace too.  Rigby had talked to him even before Bane, begging to assure that no matter what, Breccan would have love and shelter, comfort. 
"Ah'm sure he knows he hurt you.  An ah'm sure he is sorry.  He'll be even more sorry after ah deliver a swift kick in his ass for this." He didn't like that Rocinante had gone into his home and touched Breccan's belongings. Hated that the boy had made his son cry. 

Denahi blinked slowly, taking a moment to listen to Wiley's heartbeat to assure himself that the boy wasn't lying.
Wiley had forgiven him.
Their Kwanita.
The only piece of Kenai he had left.
"Kenai was right about you."  His voice was heavy, golden eyes welling for the second time that night.  "You are a gracious gift from god, Wiley."   The  older Native couldn't handle it anymore.  Years of guilt and self loathing had beaten him down, but Wiley had just lifted some of that. Having his forgiveness was a promise that he would have Kenai's too. 
His little shadows.
They forgave him for taking away their future.
But he could never forgive himself. 
Especially not now, looking at Wiley and knowing that a piece of him was missing.  Kenai should be here, dark against Wiley's creamy skin, with honey colored eyes and...
Denahi couldn't even imagine what else.
Would Kenai have been sturdy and stout like him?  Or would the boy have taken after Sitka, sleek and graceful with his strengths. 
They would never know, and it forever burned a hole into Denahi's chest.
"Please, can I?"  His arms had moved, reaching hesitantly to wrap his arms around the younger boys waist. "Its the closest i'll ever come to holding my baby brother again. My little Kenai. You were the most precious thing in the word to him, Kwanita. I just need to hold you, just a moment, please." His golden eyes shimmered with tears when he looked to the boy, his head coming to press against Wiley's chest.  Hearing the boys heartbeat.....He could believe that Kenai was okay.  At least through Wiley, his brother lived on.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 am

"I just want him to know how bad he hurt me. We don't hurt each other." Breccan sighed heavily as he curled into his father's chest. "I never thought he'd do shit like that. I don't want to just let it go. I wish I could hate him but I can't so I guess I'm just.. waiting for a while." He hated the way Roci had tried to hurt Denahi even though he knew Breccan had feelings for him. It was like he was trying to hurt him, to take away everything that made him happy until the only thing left was himself. "I just hate it because I'm trying to hate him but the only thing I want is to have him here with me." He new they needed to talk and talking was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

Wiley had not been a very affectionate person since he lost Kenai. Well really, there had been no one for him to be affectionate with. But he didn't mind it so much now. He wrapped his arms tight around Denahi's waist, leaning into the man and pressing him closer.
"The real gift from God was Kenai." He sighed softly as he allowed Denahi to rest his head on his chest. "But I'm glad you agree with the name." He managed a weak smile, eyeing Denahi's golden, tear-filled eyes and reaching out to wipe a stray tear away. "Don't cry for him... I try not to. He always liked to see me smile." Often, he found himself unable to stop crying but when he could he held it in. Kenai hated to see him cry. "It's really nice to see you, crocodile. You make me feel closer to him." He paused for a moment, running his fingers through Denahi's hair, before he spoke again. "And I promise, I'm not always this sad... it's just today. This day always hurts, I'm sure you can relate."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:08 am

"Well then sunshine ah think he ought ta be here with you if you want him here."  Rigby's voice was gentle and hesitant.  He wasn't used to forgiveness when it came to his sons pain, but he himself knew that Rocinante was the only thing that always promised to put a smile on Breccan's face. 
"An ah know you two dont normally hurt each other, but lately ah think you 'ave both done a little of that, honey. Tonight Rosie showed his ass an' ah expect  you to be angry with em for it.  But a few weeks ago didn't you two have a fight then? Because you walked in on him with Dimitri?" 

"Every day hurts."  Denahi woke every morning with his brothers name on his lips and a dull throb in his chest.  Sometime he'd even look around for the boy, expecting to find Kenai somewhere hiding from him because he didn't want to be caught tagging along again.
Sometimes, he kept looking just to distract himself from the truth. 
"But crocodile doesn't cry often.  He is just tired of losing people, and holding you...Kenai's most precious Kwanita...It's the closest I can ever get to him now.  You guys were two halves of one soul. You are what remains."  Now that he had Wiley again, Denahi wasnt sure that he could ever let go.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 am

"We did." Breccan confirmed with a nod. "But that's the difference, daddy. I thought Roci slept with him and I ran away. I didn't barge in there and try to fight Dmitri or burn up his shit. I didn't act like I owned him even though I wish I did. I ran off. And when he caught me I said some things I shouldn't have and I hurt him... but then even later I called to make sure he was alright and apologize. I'm waiting for my phone call, then we'll talk." Breccan muttered softly. "And I don't want you to tell me I'm wrong, just hold me." He whined lowly like he had when he was a kid, curling up into his father and pressing his head into the crook of the man's neck.

"It does." Wiley admitted. "But I try not to think about it most of the times. Sometimes I pretend he's just on a trip somewhere, or he's over at your house, spending time with you and Sitka. That helps. You should try it sometime." He nodded. Wiley knew all too well how it felt to spend entire days living in delusions. "Do you have a place to stay for the night, crocodile? I mean, I normally stay here for a while, but we could go to my place if you want. Seeing you again really is nice." It was nice to see someone he knew, was familiar with. Being alone only made the hurt worse, Denahi could keep him distracted.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:40 am

"Ah didn't say you were wrong, Sunshine." Rigby's arm curled around the boys shoulder, his hand once more burying itself in Breccan's soft brown locks. He would have said more, but instead the mans voice died off completely.
What was he to say? 
Maybe there was nothing.

"Crocodile had nowhere to go, and right now i'd follow you even if you told me to go."  The older man let out a heavy sigh, his arms winding tighter around Wiley. "I...I thought that I had lost you, too."  And he was so terrified that if he let go now the boy would disappear or change his mind, and leave him alone again.
Denahi didn't think he could bare it.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:49 am

"You're supposed to go try and kick Rose's ass for me." Breccan whined although he was partially joking. They both knew he wouldn't have let his father do that, even if he tried. "I guess you can just hold me though, that always helps." He murmured quietly.

"I should have found you, crocodile. I just never knew where to look." Wiley sighed softly as he held the man. It was unusual, holding the older boy like this. He had always remembered Denahi as so much older and larger and wiser. But now, they were nearly the same size, although Wiley would never be quite so tall or muscular. "But you're definitely welcome at my place... uh, it's not very big though." A light pink had colored his cheeks then, the first thing he'd done tonight that seemed similar to his younger, happier self. He was embarrassed of the place he called home, really, not knowing that Denahi had even less than he did. "It's only a trailer. But it's because I'm a kid living alone trying to survive and go to college on not a lot of cash."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:02 am

"Ah didn't want ya to be mad at me so ah was going to wait until you werent around but if you want me to go get em now..."  Rigby's lips brushed against the boys temple as he smiled, his voice teasing but his words true. "My shotgun is loaded by the door. Daddy is ready to go. You just say when."  He truly had intended on at least threatening Rosie, if nothing else. He had simply been afraid of upsetting his son even further if he were to bring it up.  Breccan had always been fiercely protective of the boy. 

"Eh? Crocodile would just be thankful to sleep under a roof tonight, Kwanita." Denahi sat himself up, taking a deep breath and deciding that more than anything, Kenai would want him to be strong for Wiley. "And he is glad to hear that you are attending college....But where is Shiloh? Do you not live with him anymore?" The way Wiley had blushed...For just an instant Crocodile caught a glimpse of the boy he had known.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:18 am

"Now that's what I like to hear." Breccan chuckled softly, his lips pressing to his father's cheek. "But really, thanks daddy. You know I won't let you hurt Roci, but I like you being there in case I need you." He smiled as he moved to stroke the man's back lightly. "So enough about me, I guess. How did your session go? Feeling any better?" He spoke hopefully. It wasn't for himself, he didn't mind his father not being able to go out and do things with him. He was never embarrassed of the man. He just wanted Rigby to be able to do things again for himself, knowing that the man hated being so crippled.

"I forgot you don't know anything that happened since then..." Wiley sighed softly as he readied himself to explain. "Shiloh and Sitka wanted to train me to be a hunter. They lost their next in line, with you. So Shiloh really wanted to speed up my training and get me ready. They wanted to find you. And I never wanted to be a hunter, really. Neither did Kenai. But I definitely didn't want to hunt you. I knew that bird never would have wanted that. So I left. A little before my fifteenth birthday I left and I tried to make it on my own. After a while I went back and talked to Sitka, he told me I could stay there if I ever needed to. He didn't really seem to blame me for not wanting to hunt. I see them sometimes now but I live on my own." He nodded his head. The trailer was never what he'd pictured for his future. He pictured a nice little home, maybe in the woods somewhere, with Kenai by his side of course. But that could never happen. So this was his reality.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:14 pm

"Oh yeah, the session."  Rigby let out a soft groan at the thought.   "You know how it goes.  It was as good as it could'a been."  It was always the mans answer.  Rigby was hard headed by nature, so despite the doctors suggestions he never took the time to rest.  The southern man refused to allow his injuries to get into his way.   He pushed himself every day on the farm, ignoring the dull aches and burns.  Rigby hated his therapy sessions, and he liked to skip them if possible without catching word from his son.  
"Ah think ah like talking about you instead of that mess.  Ah gotta make sure my sunshine ain't having a cloudy day.

Denahi was  quiet or a moment, his head lowered as he mourned the days his brother never got to see.  Kenai would have been so excited to finally move out.  He had talked about living with Wiley ever since the first kiss, even if he was still hung up on having to leave him and Sitka.   Kenai had promised that he would visit them almost every day when he finally moved away to be with Wiley. 
It hurt to imagine the blonde boy alone after all of that, no Kenai at his side to lead the way.   It wasn't right. 
It would never be right. 
"Crocodile would be honored to see your home, Kwanita."  His brother would want him too.  Kenai himself would have made a huge deal about seeing it for the first time and how proud he would be of Wiley for pursuing college.  He was proud of Wiley for simply breathing. The blonde could never do anything wrong in Kenai's eyes.
"How is bears claw?  Kwanita says that sometimes he still sees them...."  Denahi asked hesitantly,  unsure if he really wanted to know how Sitka was.  He was supposed to hate his brother now, but Denahi simply couldn't manage.  All he wanted was to go home.
Their home...
Hardly anything had changed since the last time denahi was there.   Sitka hadn't wanted to move anything after the night of his great loss.  Denahi's room had been left untouched completely.  Kenai's though....Sitka had carefully packed up the boys bedding, Putting it away in the hopes of preserving the boys smell. Sometimes, he still slept in Kenai's bed.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:54 pm

"Well I like making sure you're alright too, old man." Breccan smiled softly at his father, leaning up to kiss the man's cheek. "I want you to get better so you don't have to hurt yourself working out on the farm every day. Maybe if you keep working you could even come and fight with me again." He spoke hopefully, stroking his father's shoulders lightly.

"Well, he's not good. You know none of us are good now. But he's not as bad as he could be. He's quicker to snap at people now. He's still sweet with me and Shiloh but he's not like he used to be." Wiley sighed softly as he explained. "The house is quieter now, obviously, since it's so empty. Just him and Shiloh usually. Shy pretty much lives there now, I'm not sure what's going on with them." They had all known something was going on between Shiloh and Sitka, even five years ago. But they were more like an old married couple by now than they had been before. "I'm glad they have each other though..." He tried to think of more to tell Denahi, wanting the boy to know what he was missing with his family. "Your room... Sitka hasn't touched it. It's just like it was the day you left. Kenai's room... Sitka packed up most of his things, let me have some I wanted. I could take anything but the bedding, Sitka kept the bed stuff. I think because it still smells like him a lot." Wiley found himself slowly getting lost in thoughts of Kenai's scent and how many times they had spent cuddled together in that very bed, giggling at the thought of Shiloh catching them even though they weren't doing anything wrong. He tried to snap out of it then, not wanting to find himself crying again. "But yeah... he's different."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:18 pm

"Ah can come fight with you now, Breccan."  The boys words immediately had his attention.  If that was something his son wanted then Rigby felt like it needed to happen.  These things would be precious memories one day.  "Ah'll sign up for the next rounds, how about that?"  The southern man carefully ran his fingers through the boys hair, his honey colored eyes alight with love for the boy. He would do anything it took to make his son happy.  Breccan was his entire life. "Right after ah have mah talk with Rosie."

"As long as he isn't alone."  Denahi's shoulders slumped in thought of the family he had lost.  The family he had ruined for everyone.
"I really....I really thank you for sticking around."  He had been miserable himself, all alone with no place to go.  He hated to think of Sitka in the same position.
"And inviting me to go home with you.  I know its hard...I just...I have missed you so much, Kwanita.  Losing Kenai was enough....To think I had lost you too."  The werewolf shuddered at the memory, what it had been like when Wiley turned on him.
"It was unbearable.  I just want to go home.  You are the only home I have left anymore." Denahi reached foe the boy, pulling Wiley flush against his chest.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:32 pm

"Oh no way in hell, daddy." Breccan shook his head firmly, pressing the man closer protectively. "I just mean if you start feeling better. I don't want you to get hurt." He would love to finally see his father fight. He always heard of how great the man had been. It was where he'd gotten his fighting ability apparently. He couldn't imagine anything better than going and watching his father kick some ass. But he had accepted long ago that the man simply couldn't do that anymore. And he never wanted to make him feel bad about it. Instead, he got the urge to go rip Danny limb from limb every time he thought about it.

"I just wanted to blame someone." Wiley sighed softly. No one could have ever understood the pain he had felt that night, watching the life fade from his little bird's eyes. He knew then that no one else could possibly be hurting as much as he was. It felt like someone had literally reached into his chest and yanked his heart out. He still believed that Kenai had been his soulmate. He could never be so happy again now that the boy was gone. "You were just all I had to blame. Although really, it's just as much my fault as it is yours." All those nights he had begged Kenai to come with them to see the pack when the boy hadn't wanted to... He could have made Kenai stay that night, not let him go accept the bite. But the boy had been so excited to become a wolf, Wiley hadn't been able to hold him back. He shook the thoughts off then, getting to his feet and pressing his head against the bark of the tree once more before taking Denahi's hand and helping the man up. "You're the closest thing left to him for me, crocodile. I couldn't turn you away, he wouldn't want me to. Come on." He nodded then, leading the man away from the tree, though only after he whistled their soft songs, listening as the birds picked it up and carried it off for him, hopefully somewhere Kenai could hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:44 pm

"Hey sunshine, that therapy ah'm going to aint for nothing.  It does help."  Rigby assured gently, a grateful smile tugging at his lips. "Daddy appreciates your concern though. My sweet boy."  His lips were against Breccan's forehead.  "But jus' you wait.  One day you'll see me fight.  And if Rocinante shows his ass again it might be sooner than later." The southern man winked, though he wasn't joking.  He did like Rosie.  And he knew Breccan cared for the boy.
But hurting his son in such a way was unacceptable. 
Even he knew how much Breccan had cherished those pictures.

Denahi wouldn't let go of Wiley's hand.  Normally he would have been appalled at himself, being so clingy with anyone.  But he was afraid to let the boy escape again. The native couldn't stand to be alone anymore. And it would break his heart if he had to go back to wondering what had happened to his sweet little Kwanita.  He always thought of the boy, wondered where he was sleeping and if he was safe and warm.  Denahi even prayed for the boy to be smiling, even without them. It was hard but he always, always hoped that wherever the boy was, he was smiling.
Kenai loved that damned smile.
He did, too.
"Kwanita, tell crocodile how you received the bite." He had noticed immediately that something was different, could sense that Wiley had been turned. But he wondered how, and why after what had happened to their little bird.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 6:12 pm

"You know you can't kick Roci's ass." Breccan smiled softly at his father, appreciating the gesture though. "I couldn't let you hurt my Rose. But I appreciate it, pops. We're going to get you all big and bad again soon, though. And then we'll go and fight and kick ass together." It was really a goal of his. He couldn't wait to see his father as he had used to be in his prime.

"Oh yeah, that." Wiley sighed heavily, looking down at his hand and the claws which he was still struggling to get control of. "It was just a few nights ago. I was trying to find your swamp again, the one Kenai took me too once. Looking back, wandering in the woods probably wasn't my best idea but one attacked me. I don't think he meant to because he ran away afterwards but I saw the bite mark on my shoulder." He had almost hoped it wouldn't take. Then he could be with his little bird. "I thought about going to see Sitka to ask if he could tell me everything he knew but I didn't want Shiloh to see me. I could really use your help, crocodile. I guess you've got a pretty good hold on everything by now." He truly wished Shiloh would just put him down. He felt guilty, getting to live the life Kenai had wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 pm

"Ah don't know sunshine.  If Rosie hurts you like this again ah'm gonna have to kick his ass." Rigby didn't want problems with Jace, or in extension Roman, but it was worth it if Rocinante made his son cry again.  Rocinante was lucky that Breccan loved him so much or else Rigby would have already met the boy somewhere.  "Then you would see that your ole' man can handle himself. Ah aint no cripple." 

"Ah yes, Crocodile has become a most skilled beast."  Denahi murmured softly, glancing down at his tanned fingers. His claws werent out, but for years he had lived in nothing but his completely shifted form.  "He could teach you things, if that is what you need.  He is sorry it happened to you though."  He remembered that Wiley hadn't wanted the bite the night he and Kenai had gone, and afterwards he couldn't imagine the boy ever wishing for it, not after seeing what it had done to their little bird. 
"I...I would like to be in your life again, Kwanita.  Crocodile doesnt want to be alone anymore."
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:00 pm

"I know you're not a cripple, daddy." Breccan reassured, stroking the man's hair lightly as he cuddled into him. "But you're not as young and healthy as you used to be. And that's alright. You're working at it and pretty soon you'll be just as good of a fighter as you were before I came around and screwed everything up." He was joking, smiling softly at his father as he spoke.

"I want you in my life too, crocodile. I won't lie, seeing you kind of hurts... you remind me of him too much. But then again, I never want to forget him." He never could, of course. But Denahi would be the constant reminder. They were nearing the trailer, the silhouette becoming visible in the distance. "I really hate that I'm a wolf now... like he wanted to be. I never wanted it in the first place." He wished they could trade places. Everyone would be so much happier with Kenai around. "I guess I would like you to teach me though, so I don't hurt anybody."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:48 am

"Don't you ever talk like that, Breccan."  Rigby's words were sharp, completely seriously and leaving no room for doubt. "You are the best thing ta ever happen to me, kid.  If not for you...If ah didn't have you, Ah might not have wanted to keep going."  After losing Bane life had become more of a hassle for him than anything, but to have his baby....It had him excited to face the day, just so he could spend time with his son. 

"He only wanted it because of you, Kwanita."  Denahi's fingers tightened around the boys hands, reassuring and supportive.  Making sure that the younger boy knew that he was no longer alone.  "Little bird only ever wanted it to make a better life with you.  Don't you feel guilty, Wiley. You know Kenai wouldn't want you too. He would want you to make the best of it, try and be happy."  The older werewolf moved to wrap an arm around Wiley's shoulders. "Allow your mean old crocodile to help you.  I would love to teach you things again."  It had always been a pride of his, to teach his shadows something new.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 am

Britt couldn't help but smile softly at his father's words. He knew the whole story now, knew that really, Rigby could have been upset that he had happened. It was why Bane had had to tell Danny and end their relationship. Of course, Breccan had no control over being conceived but a man not as good as Rigby could have refused to take him. But his father had never done that. Rigby was the best father Breccan had ever seen and he was grateful to have him.
"Thanks, daddy. I'm really glad you decide to take my ass in every other week." He smirked up at the man. He hated weeks where he was at Jesse's home with the entire pack. He often found himself sneaking over to his father's house anyways, occasionally crawling into his dad's bed when he would arrive.

"You were always a good teacher." Wiley smiled softly at the other man, briefly remembering all the times Denahi had taught them things, the times the man had not pretended they were such a nuisance. He had loved Kenai with all of his heart, but he had admired Denahi. He wanted to grow up to be just like him, so strong and independent and agile. "And I could definitely use the help controlling this." He nodded as they finally arrived at the trailer. There were not many other homes near it, though there were a few scattered here and there like a sort of trailer park. "So here it is." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he swung open the door and stepped inside.
It was roomier than it might look from the outside. When you stepped in, you were in the living room which was also the bedroom. His bed was at one end, still unmade. Along the middle of the room were an armchair and a couch, across from a small television on the otherwise empty entertainment center. At the other end of the room was a desk where he sat to do school work and beside that was a rack of clothes hanging up, including several different sports uniforms. There were two doors coming off of the living room in different spots along the wall, one leading to a small kitchen and the other to an even smaller bathroom. As Wiley entered, he tugged Denahi behind him until they reached the bed.
"So, welcome, I guess." Wiley managed a soft smile at the older boy, just a glimmer of the bubbly child he'd used to be visible in his eyes. "You can sit wherever." He nodded.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm

"Hah.  Your momma was lucky ah'm ah good man.  Ah wanted you all to myself most of the time but you needed a mom and Bane is a good mother."  Rigby's smile was loving and tender, even though he was picking out all of his exlovers features in their child, aching with the way Breccan's cheeks mimicked Bane's.
They were both so gorgeous.
Rigby still longed for the family he had lost, but he never spoke of it.  
"Honestly ah wish you'd stay here more.  But ah understand that you got family at Jesse's."  He may have said more, but his words were lost as he heard the soft strumming of a guitar.
"Breccan?"  
It was coming from the window, which by now seemed as though something were glowing outside of it even though the sun had set an hour ago.
"Four letter word, but I dont have the guts to say it.  Smile, til it hurts. Lets not make this complicated, we've got a story, and im about to change the ending." 
It was clearly Rocinante, the warmth and the song, how familiar it was to have the werewolf just show up at his window. 
"You're perfect for me! And more than just a friend so can we just stop pretending now? Gotta let you know somehow...."

Denahi was caught off guard by the boys smile, his stomach flipping with joy at how familiar it was.  Maybe it would never be as it was, so bright that it almost hurt the older natives eyes.  But it was there and that was enough.  "Crocodile appreciate you allowing him to come here.  Kwanita is doing very well for himself.  I am proud...Little bird would be proud."  The Native made his way over to where the boys sports uniforms hung, carefully running his tanned fingers over the fabric.
Yes, Kenai would be so proud. 
"What is Kwanita studying in college eh?  Little bird always chirped that you would grow up to help people."  He had agreed of course.  The way Wiley smiled was enough to light up an entire life, he would be a hero to some people who were in desperate need of such warm radiance.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Breccan felt his entire chest warming as he heard the familiar voice outside of the window. He pressed a kiss to his father's cheek as he slowly crawled out of the bed, making his way over to the window and smirking at the glowing light coming in and making the entire room brighter.
He slowly tugged back the curtain, merely resting against the window sill and looking down at his best friend, deciding to let himself enjoy the song instead of saying anything and ruining it.

"He did." Wiley smiled fondly at the memory of their little wedding, how Kenai had spoken of what he thought their future could be. "And he was right. I wanted to do something where I could help people and still get to be active. I never wanted to be cooped up in an office all day or something. I'm gonna be a physical therapist." He nodded. He liked to think that Kenai would still be proud of him for this choice. He only wished the man could be here with him now to assure him that he was.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Rocinante paused as he noticed Breccan finally appear in the window, his entire face brightening at the sight of the boy.  He had almost thought that his patty cakes really was done, had been terrified that Breccan was going to ignore him.
"I'll be your shelter, I'll be your storm.  I'll make you shiver, i'll keep you warm! Whatever weather, baby im yours."  He was tall enough that he could probably reach Breccan if he tried, but instead Rocinante wanted the boy to hear his song first. It would be his way of softening his honey smacks up in the hopes that he would be forgiven.
"Be your forever, be your fling! Baby I will be your everything." 
His body was alight with flames, adding a nice garnish to his performance.  The music had been coming from his phone, being Rocinante himself was much to clumsy to actually master an instrument. The werewolf was careful not to burn it while still sending soft sparks up at Breccan.  His smile was gapped again, but not just between his two front teeth.  It looked as though his left canine had been knocked out the scuffle earlier, making it easier for the werewolf to whistle along to the music. 
"We used to say, That we would always stick together.  But, who's to say, that we could never last forever.  Honey smacks, I gotta question.  Could you see yourself with somebody else?  Cause im, on a mission.  And I dont wanna share I want you all to myself right now. I just wanna scream it out!" 

"That sounds like something you would be happy doing.  Little bird used to tell me all the time that you were unbound, meant to be free with him and all the other birds."  Denahi had a fond and wistful smile twisting his lips. He had missed his brother and Wiley so much he could hardly stand himself sometimes.  Now to have Wiley back was a blessing.
A gracious gift from god. 
Kenai would never know how right he had been.  
"What sports are you involved in, eh? Crocodile would love to come watch you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say don't go.   Say don't go. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Say don't go.
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next