Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anywhere But Here

Go down 
+4
Cove Braxton
Misery Braxton
Brynn McDaniels
Rick McGuire Jr
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

Anywhere But Here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Alan glanced up at the sound of tears in his lover's voice. It made his heart ache...
"I love you too..." He whispered to himself as he began to cry as well. Rick was his everything...
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Rick let the door close behind him with a soft click, he wasnt going to scream at his lover, no he was not fighting.
He wanted to.
He wanted to cry and scream about how this was not fair...
He should still be the one Alan loved and wanted...
Rick rested his back against the front door, slowly he let himself slide down until he was sitting, pathetically on the doorstep of his home...
Home...
He didnt have one of those anymore.
And it hurt.
He was slow about it but he eventually wrapped his arms around himself, and he let go. He cried hard and long about the man he loved so passionately, but was leaving.
Why?
For some kid Alan wanted to touch.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Alan didn't move from his spot the rest of the day. He simply sobbed.
He was losing everything. He could get a new child but never could he find someone that would completely replace Rick.
That boy had been something special...
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Rick took his time but he did manage to stand himself up, many hours later, past midnight it was when he finally moved. He took a deep breath and began walking. He didnt know where he was going, not at all but something told him his feet would take him.
And they did.
He found himself in the park where Alan liked to sit, watching children play.
It was childish but he wondered if he played like those kids, if Alan would want him back...
So he left his bag at the gate, and moved to the swings, sitting down and letting the wind swing him.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Eventually, Alan too had found himself at the park, even though he knew no kids would be out at this time. The place had just began to relax him...
He didn't notice Rick at first. He sat down on his usual bench, once again resting his head in his hands and bawling.
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Rick paid him no mind, truly he could not care less about what might be lurking in the shadows. He continued to swing himself, sighing softy into the cool night air.
Where was he going to go?
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Alan just sat there for hours until his eyes were dry and he'd fallen asleep there on the bench, hoping in the morning there would be children to get his mind off of things.
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Sometime during the night, Rick made his way from the park. He did see Alan as he was leaving, and being the man was sleeping, Rick eased up to him and left one last, soft, loving kiss to his lips.
He then slowly made his way through the town and to his grand parents house.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Alex had been sitting out front on the porch, just watching the sky as he often did on nice nights like this. He was ready to head inside and grab one of Dustin's shotguns they had in case of intruders when he saw the dark figure heading towards the home. But as it approached he notice the features of his son in law. But it was far too small and Rick was upstairs in bed.
"Jr?" Alex called out to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 pm

"Uh..?" Rick paused in the darkness, peering to the porch at Alex. He knew the man, from the few family getotgethers he had been to, but he couldnt quite place the name.
Maybe his grandpa.
"Im Junior I guess. Rick." His voice was soft, unsure as he moved forward in the night. He didnt care if he was shot at this point.
He wanted somewhere to sleep...
This was all he knew to go to if Alan wouldnt take him.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Alex frowned, stepping over to the boy, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around Rick's shoulders.
"What are you doing out here, baby? Not safe." He led him inside the home.
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Rick had nothing to say, though he gave a thankful smile to Alex as the man handed him the jacket.
He hadnt noticed it but he hadnt been able to feel his fingers, the cold snipping the feelings away.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Alex sat the boy on the couch, covering him with several blankets, before heading out to the kitchen. He returned a few minutes later with a mug of hot chocolate, handing it over to his grandson.
"Are you alright, sweetie? Where's Alan?"
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

"Im not sure....maybe still at the park. He fell asleep there." Rick's voice was slow and pained, his cheeks a glowing pink with the cold.
"Thank you for the hot chocolate..." Rick forced a small smile to the older man.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:29 am

"You're welcome." Alex nodded, his eyes still showing concern though. "I guess you're probably not comfortable with me yet so you don't have to tell me everything but what's the matter? I just gotta make sure you're okay..." He examined the boy closely. "You two have a fight or something?"
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 am

"I guess you can say that...He..." Rick's eyes were blurred, under them were dark circles. He was distraught, and he looked it every bit. "I think I want my daddy..." His voice was quiet, his eyes not meeting Alex's. "I really appreciate you taking me in, and I...Well...I think your my grandpa....Your really nice." Rick found a small smile. "But....Daddy." He wanted to go talk to his father. He didnt want Alex to wake him if he was sleeping, just being in the room with him was enough.
"Can I go...Up to there room? His and Kevin's I mean."
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 am

"Oh of course baby." Alex nodded. he knew Rick would be ecstatic to know his baby wanted him... He led the boy up the stairs, opening the door to Rick and Kevin's bedroom and gesturing him inside. "You can wake them if you want. Trust me, they won't mind."
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 am

Rick gave a slight nod, he was still for a moment, deathly quiet, before he finally moved to wrap Alex in a hug.
"Thank you."
The boy pressed close to Alex, he looked so small and vulnerable...
Rick never looked so tiny.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 am

Alex looked down at the boy, a shocked look on his face but he held him tight.
"You're welcome, hun... it's alright.." He said soothingly, stroking the child's hair.
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 am

"Uhm....I...Care about you." He gave a swift nod. He didnt know him well, couldnt say love.
But he did care.
He thanked Alex once more before sliding into the room, and letting the door shut behind him.
In the dark room, he could still make out the outline of Kevin, sleeping with one leg thrown over Rick, his head buried in the mattress.
Junior slowly made his way over, trying to crawl into the bed without disturbing either men.
He found himself in between the two, cuddled to Ricks back.
He draped an arm over his father, and let Kevin lay his head on his chest, and continue to drool.
It felt...
Like home.
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:36 am

"Zac...?" Rick murmured as he squirmed a bit in his sleep at the movement. He knew the form was too tiny to be most people he knew. He blinked an eye open, nearly gasping as he saw his second son. "Baby..."
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 am

Rick's breath hitched in his throat. His father..... the man looked just as he did the last time Junior had seen him. And really Junior had been glad to see him, he always wanted a relationship with Rick and Kevin, they were his family.
"Yeah...." Rick felt his face becoming hot. "Sorry if I woke you..."
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 am

"It's fine. Really." Rick pressed the boy close to him. "W-what are you doing here...?" Rick breathed. He was oh so happy to have his baby here in his arms...
Back to top Go down
Rick McGuire Jr

Rick McGuire Jr

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:12 am

"Im sorry for intruding...." Rick hid his face away from his father. "I just....I had nowhere else to go..."
This was the only place he knew he would be safe besides with Alan.
"And I guess....I thought I would be safe here with you daddy..."
One of the first times Rick had called his father daddy...
Back to top Go down
Brynn McDaniels

Brynn McDaniels

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 am

"You are. You're always safe with me. You always have a home here, Rick..." Rick buried his face in his son's hair, praying that this wasn't simply a dream. He often had dreams of Rick coming to live with them but somehow this felt different... "What happened with Alan?" He'd kill him if he hurt his baby...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere But Here   Anywhere But Here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anywhere But Here
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Riley's :: Alan/Rick Jr-
Jump to: