Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Little birds and Gods Grace

Go down 
+2
Britt Vause
Sawyer Reynolds
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

Of Little birds and Gods Grace Empty
PostSubject: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Kenai was sitting on his haunches, steadily working with his dagger held carefully between his fingers, trying to carve something into a large willow tree that he and Wiley liked to call their check point. It was where they met, it was Kenai's favorite tree, and  It was where they always went to meet and wait on each other.   He kept looking up to Wiley, giving the boy radiant smiles but still not allowing him to see what was being carved in to the tree bark. They had started off by playing hide and seek, waiting on Sitka and Shiloh to get finished with their training.  Denahi had started off by playing with them but eventually he hidden  somewhere so well that they werent able to find him.  Denahi hadn't come out since.   Still though, today Wiley was over so Kenai couldnt be bothered with what his brother was getting in to.  As long as he was at the house somewhere it couldnt be that important.
Finally, Kenai waved his dagger to gain Wiley's attention, pointing excitedly to the carving he had made in the hard bark.  
Kenai
loves
Kwanita
He had never called the boy by his give name.  Instead Wiley was dubbed Kwanita, a native word meaning God is gracious, because to Kenai the boy was a gift, a blessing in his life. 
"Its a little sloppy but now everyone will know!" The young native carefully ran his fingertips against the scarred wood. "Kenai loves his Kwanita!"  Kenai declared loudly, moving to wrap his arm around Wiley's shoulder, his voice teasing ."Even if you never let me win at hide 'n seek!"
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Wiley eyed the carving for a moment as if he was deciding if it was good enough. Finally he turned to Kenai and a wide grin split across his face. He moved to climb upon the boy's shoulders, insisting he be given a piggy back ride as he leaned down to press a kiss to the top of the Native's head.
"It's perfect, I like it." He informed with a nod of his head. "And I can't let you win! You just have to get better." He spoke teasingly, his arms wrapped tightly around the boy's neck.
He hummed as he realized how long Denahi had been gone for, wondering where the man could possibly have gone.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:44 pm

"Come on! Waiting for little bird to be better is like waiting on the rain."  The native groaned softly, his arms supporting all of Wiley's weight as he moved to go on the hunt for his brother again. "Sometimes you get lucky. Other times...Well just, other times you should let little bird win!"  He was only teasing though, he never wanted anyone to just let him win.  Especially his Kwanita.  Kenai had always loved the boys resilience. Really Kenai loved everything about the other boy, he'd never found anything he didn't like.
Yes, god is gracious, the boy thought with a content little smile playing on his face. He had been getting ready to suggest another game when he noticed a shadow disappearing off into the forest, the soft jingle of Denahi's bracelets alerting him that they had finally spotted the boy.
"Hey! Lets go get crocodile! I think that was him going into the woods over there." Kenai didn't wait for an answer, instead carrying Wiley off with him to go look for Denahi anyways.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Wiley slowly allowed himself to drop from Kenai's shoulders so he could duck down and run quietly beside the boy. If they were lower to the ground he knew Denahi wouldn't notice them as easily.
"Do you think he's going somewhere?" The young hunter in training murmured under his breath, though his faint southern drawl could still be heard.
Wiley was always up for an adventure. Normally it was he who insisted that they go follow Denahi and find out what the man was up to. Usually though they just tailed Denahi around the house. Today, he could tell something was different. Denahi was actually going somewhere today.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 pm

"Better not be anywhere bad, or else Sitka won't like it."  Kenai mumbled almost worriedly.   He taunted his brother often about ratting him out to their older brother but he'd never actually go that far.   He absolutely hated when his brothers fought.   Sitka was always so harsh  and Denahi always got so upset.   It was better to keep the peace.   "We better keep following him so he doesn't get into any trouble.   Crocodile is dumb sometimes. He needs our help."  As he spoke,  the young hunter reached down to curl his fingers around Wiley's.  "But we gotta stay safe. So stay behind me. "  The boy gave a toothy grin, always wanting to be Wiley's hero.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:18 pm

"Aw come on!" Wiley whined softly, trying to move back to Kenai's side. "Staying behind is no fun." He informed. "Plus, I'm not a baby. I'm even a few months older than you so I should be in front." He gave the boy a cheeky grin as he squeezed his hand and moved back up to his side so they could run together. He was quite energetic, trying to peek around and get a good look at Denahi through the trees.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 pm

"Nu-uh! Kwanita is supposed to stay behind little birds for protection.   Its the rules, you know." Kenai panted softly as he tried to keep up with his friend, always amazed at how much energy the boy seemed to put out.  It was just another one of those things he loved. Wiley had enough spark for both of them.   Kenai had been trying to get the boy behind him again when Denahi suddenly stopped, his head cocked to the sides as though he were listening for something. Kenai scrambled for Wiley's hand and dropped to keep their cover, but it didnt matter.  Denahi had noticed them a while back.  The boy had just been trying to dodge them in the hopes that they would give up and go home, but that obviously wasnt happening so he'd decided it was best to face the problem head on.
"Don't hide from me, you chicken shits."  The older boy grunted in irritation, turning fully in an attempt to catch a glimpse of them. "Wiley should know that little bird has too heavy foot falls to actually sneak up on anything.He always scares the prey away. " 
"Hey! Take that back you snake in the grass crocodile! Little bird is better than you."
Denahi simply groaned at the sound of the boy, already cursing him and pointing back towards the home.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:42 pm

"He's right, you know." Wiley spoke up, arms folded across his chest as he looked up to Denahi. "Little bird is way better than a dumb crocodile." He stuck his tongue out at the older man, throwing an arm around Kenai's shoulders and shooting the boy a smile before speaking again. "But Kwanita is better than you both." He stood on his tip toes then, even though it didn't bring him anywhere near to Denahi's height. "And we're not going home so don't even try! You sneak off all the time and never take us with. We want in on the fun!" He spoke firmly, knowing Kenai would back him up as always.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:04 pm

"The hell do you think you are, Wiley coyote?" Denahi challenged the boy, his dark brown eyes hard as he glared down at the boy. As expected though had Kenai came to stand behind Wiley, one of his arms wrapping protectively around the boys shoulders. "He is Kwanita and he will come with me to tell Bears Claw if you don't take us with you or come home, crocodile." The boy gave a cheeky grin, knowing that they had won as soon as Denahi let out his defeated groan. 
"Crocodile hates you both.  He will see you drown one day, gator bites." The older boy turned then, as if they werent even there, and began his trek again. He was still hoping that maybe if he went fast enough, they couldnt catch up. 
Kenai took Wiley's hand again, leaning over to deliver a sloppy peck to the boys cheek before offering his silly grin. "C'mon, crocodile can't escape us that easily!"
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 pm

"Of course he can't! We're quicker than him anyways. Come on!" Wiley gave Kenai a bright grin, gripping his hand tightly and darting off after Denahi through the woods. Wiley had always been quick and graceful, always coming in first when he would challenge Kenai to any type of race or physical activity. It was something he prided himself on. He might not be the strongest, but he was always the fastest.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Kenai himself wasn't the best at anything, but he always seemed to have the most fun, even if he was losing. The boys only real talents were tree climbing and bird talking, but those didn't really get him far. He hated running, and he always had to hold Wiley's hand or stay withing seeing distance of another person or else he'd wind up getting lost.  His sense of direction was laughable. The only times he ever used his hunting knife was for cutting Wiley flowers and carving their love into trees. He'd never liked the idea of killing anything. "Not so fast wind walker! Little birds lungs are already burning."  Even as he complained though, the boy was grinning wildly. "You're really cute from the back though." His laugh rang out softly, his tanned cheeks a bright pink from exertion.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Wiley made sure he knew which direction Denahi was headed before turning back to look at Kenai. He was smiling even as he teased the boy.
"You're so slow, little bird." He nudged the boy lightly. His own cheeks were also tinted pink with exertion, slightly wind burnt. But he didn't notice it so much. He barely even felt tired. "I could carry you this time, bird brain. We've got to keep up with the mean old crocodile or else he'll win!" And they couldn't let that happen. So he knelt down, gesturing for Kenai to climb onto his back like he had done earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Kenai's face immediately flushed a bright shade of scarlet, his warm brown eyes widening with embarrassment. "No! Nu-uh! Little bird is the hero of this story! If anyone is to be carried it will be Kwanita!"  The boy doubled  over on to his knees to catch his breath, a sheepish smile playing on his face.  "But since I feel like my lungs about to blow out, and wind walker is faster anyways, no one will be carried."  And then he was grinning madly and lunging forward, running at a full sprint on his way past Wiley. 
"Ha! Gotcha! Im winning now! Eat little bird dust!"  The boy called behind him, snickering to himself and already slowing down.  He truly did hate running, especially at full blast.  He'd only done so to get that excited giggle out of Wiley, the one that he dreamed of at night.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:47 pm

"Whoa no way, little bird!" Wiley squealed as he took off after the boy. He did let out the giggle the boy had been hoping for, laughing all the way until he caught his friend, which didn't take long. He tackled the younger boy as he reached him, knocking them both down into the grass. "Don't run from me, little bird, I always catch you." He gave the boy a cheeky grin as they laid there for a moment. But then he remembered their mission and scrambled off of the ground, extending a hand to Kenai to help him up.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:00 am

Kenai took the boys hand, but instead of simply getting up he pulled Wiley close to him for a chaste kiss, something that always happened by surprise with them.  The young native absolutely adored the radiant smiles he would receive whenever he effectively took Wiley by surprise. "Come on Kwanita!"  He never let go of the boys hand, gently tugging him forward as he spoke. "You have to show me where to go."  Even he knew that he'd get them lost if he just took off in whatever he felt the right direction was.  And besides, he'd been so caught up in Wiley's laugh that he'd forgotten all about Denahi. He had no idea where his brother had gotten off to. "If you let me lead i'll wind us in the swamp or something."
He'd promised Denahi he wouldnt tell anyone.
He lied.
Always with the exception of his Kwanita.  He told Wiley everything. And he'd even taken the boy to see their 'swamp'. 
"That wouldnt be too bad though. We could always ditch crocodile and go swimming." Another toothy grin, his brown eyes speckled with golden.

Last edited by Sawyer Reynolds on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 am

Wiley had simply stood there for a brief moment, the red color of his cheeks deepening after Kenai kissed him. They didn't do it often but each time their lips met, Wiley got this odd feeling in his stomach that he simply adored. Kenai made him feel like he was floating. He felt like he didn't need to run to catch Denahi, he could simply fly right to him. It was only a second though before he had snapped out of it, running off again.
"We can go swimming later after we find out what he's up to!" Wiley smiled back at the boy. "But for now, he's not too far ahead! Just keep up with me, it won't be that long, I promise."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:16 am

Denahi had stopped in a clearing just ahead, where there seemed to be a small group of people waiting on him.  They seemed to be talking, but Kenai and Wiley were still to far behind to actually hear anything yet.
"Kwanita!"  Kenai suddenly pulled the boy back behind him, keeping one arm out stretched as if to keep the boy protected.  He'd just noticed the others, all seeming so much older and stronger than them.
He didn't want Wiley near the people. Hell, he didn't want Denahi near them.
"Gator's breath!"  The boy tried to whistle softly, but instead it came out rather loud, and caught everyone's attention.
"Uh-oh...."  Kenai hissed softly, his brown eyes wide with alarm.
"Don't worry bird shit,  no one's here to hurt you."  Denahi waved the boy off completely, turning back to the small group he had been talking to. Something was strange about them.  Kenai couldnt figure out what yet, so he was still resistant to move forward or allow his Kwanita to take another step.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 am

"Don't hold me back, bird!" Wiley whined softly. Unlike Kenai, he was not at all hesitant with these strangers. Denahi said they were not going to hurt them and he trusted the crocodile. "Come on, they seem nice! Crocodile says they won't hurt us and even if they try, I can fight them off!" He nodded, taking the boy by the wrist and tugging him forward until they stood at Denahi's side. "Hi! I'm Kwanita and this is my little bird." He introduced politely, looking at the group of people around them. He was never one to be scared off by things that should really scare him.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 am

Kenai had still been alarmed, but hearing that Wiley completely trusted them, he too allowed his guard to fall.  His Kwanita always knew what was right.  If he trusted Denahi and the strangers, so did Kenai.
Denahi only groaned as they approached, rolling his eyes at the polite introduction.
"They are the tag alongs crocodile mentioned.  They wont be a problem." 
The largest man in the group nodded, his eyes hard as they raked over the two boys. "They wont alert other huntsmen, correct?"
"They wont."  Denahi assured quickly, obviously not wanting to upset the man. "They just wanted to see what crocodile was doing so they came.  They can even learn too, if you dont mind." 
The large man simply shrugged. "Dont care, but if the hunters come for us because of you, there will be consequences." 
Kenai was squeezing Wiley's hand at the mans words, once again gently nudging the boy behind him.  He still just wasn't sure about these people.  The boy didnt know them, but they were threatening and he didnt want his Kwanita getting hurt or endangered. 
"Maybe we should go..."
"Eh?"  The stranger arched an eyebrow. "You don't get to leave now, kid. You came along, you're sticking it out."
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:46 am

Wiley too was a bit uneasy at hearing the voice of the stranger. He sounded like he was threatening them. But still, he didn't want to worry. Crocodile would not have lead them to dangerous people.
"So who are you?" He questioned, trying to sound firm and standing with his chest puffed out, trying to look bigger and older than he actually was. He hoped that maybe then they would respect him and not hurt him. "What are we learning?"
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 am

"I am the alpha of this pack of dogs,"  The man smiled, gesturing back to his pack. "And crocodile here wanted to learn more about us werewolves. He says we are supposed to be evil but we're not."  Truly he wanted to change the hunters views.  The world would be better without another huntsman running around.  "So, you kids ready for that? We promise not to bite."  The man chuckled softly, his pack snickering along with him. 
Kenai's eyes at narrowed at learning they were werewolves, his hold on Wiley immediately tightening. "Come on Kwanita.  We dont want to be involved with this! Sitka says nothing good comes of a werewolf!"  The boy was gently trying to tug his friend away, still making sure he never allowed Wiley to get in front of him, just in case. 
Denahi merely rolled his eyes at the boy.
"Dont be chicken shit, little bird. Haven't you even wondered why the were supposed to be evil? They seem like normal  people to crocodile, except they have better abilities. Why not get to know them, eh?"
"It could be dangerous, Denahi!" Kenai protested again, louder this time as he tried to convince Wiley to leave with him. 
"Everything has danger in it.  Whats the point of living if you always play it safe?" Denahi shook his head at the boy, as though Kenai were embarrassing him. "Dont be so pathetic." Despite the harshness of his words, the older boy did reach out to wrap his arm reassuringly around Kenai's shoulders.  "You'll be safe. Crocodile will protect you both."
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:04 am

Wiley had almost been persuaded to leave. Werewolves were dangerous, Shiloh had always told him so. He had been ready to take Kenai and run for it. But then Denahi had said life being pointless if you always played it safe.
Wiley didn't want to play it safe. And he definitely did not want to be pathetic, like Denahi had said.
"Bird... maybe let's just stay for a little while. We don't have to see them ever again after today if we don't want." He reassured the boy, gripping his hand tightly. "Crocodile says he'll protect us. And I'm here to protect you too."
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:15 am

"But what about you, What if something happens to you?"  Kenai swallowed thickly, as though just the thought had his heart lodged into his throat. "Little bird can't lose his Kwanita.  Then who would the birds sing about?"  He knew he wasn't the strongest, and while Denahi was impressive not even he could handle an entire pack...
Kenai had never been able to tell his Wiley no though.  One look into the boys eyes and he was crumbling, always wrapped so tightly around the young hunters finger. 
He'd just have to keep Wiley safe. That was the only option, because obviously there was no going back now.
"Little bird guesses we can stay...."  The boys shoulders slumped in defeat. "But you gotta promise to stay behind little bird! Pinky promise." Kenai offered out his pinky to the boy, wanting his promise sealed if they were to stay. He knew that a pink promise was unbreakable between them.
Back to top Go down
Britt Vause

Britt Vause

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:22 am

"I'm not a baby though!" Wiley groaned softly, pouting stubbornly for a moment before extending his hand and wrapping the boy's pinky around his own. "Fine, I'll stay behind you." He nodded reluctantly before looking back to Denahi and the others, wanting to seem mature, like he was their age. He wanted to learn, wanted to hear what they were going to tell Denahi.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Reynolds

Sawyer Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:03 am

The pack was mainly telling the boys the basic's of being a werewolf, what makes them different and why.  Kenai was only half paying attention though, his eyes continually shifting over to Wiley.  He hated that the boy felt like he needed to act so mature.  He preferred his Kwanita as he is, without having to put on a show for anyone. But Kenai humored it, puffing out his chest and standing straighter as though to make a good impression for his friend.  The young hunter didn't care what Denahi thought. 
Eventually the wolves were taking them through the woods in pursuit of their pack home, willing to show the hunters even how they lived. The pack seemed nice enough after spending time with them.  They weren't rude or evil or beasts like Sitka and Shiloh had promised. Instead they seemed more like a family trying to take them in. They were so nice in fact, that after the first day Kenai and Wiley began to follow Denahi anytime he'd slip off to go visit. Now his brother hardly even tried to hide it from them, instead even coming to get them sometimes before taking off. Today Denahi had stated the wolves wanted to speak with them about something important, but they werent able to leave yet because Denahi was busy training with Sitka at their older brothers demand. That left Kenai and Wiley alone together as usual. Today Kenai was perched high in a branch of their willow tree, whistling his soft four note tune to the birds, getting them all excited and in a frenzy because Wiley had just arrived. 
"Kwanita! Kwanita!"  The young native sang, grinning wildly when the birds picked up his notes. They were still singing when Kenai hooked his knees over the branch and swung himself upside down, effectively falling just low enough so that his face was level with Wiley's. 
"Good morning my wind walker, how are your skies today?" Kenai could feel the blood rushing to his head but the young native was used to that, even if he wasn't upside down seeing Wiley's eyes always seemed to give him a head rush. 
Wiley's eyes.
Kenai loved them more than anything.
His eyes were blue, but nothing like that ordinary sky blue that everyone else had.  The color was better than that, more vibrant then the little flowers growing by the road that Kenai picked him or the newly painted baby blue shed in the back field. Instead Wiley's eyes were blue like the rolling sea, crystal clear blue- always shimmering with the refection of the sun rays and always crashing and churning.  Kenai had never been to the beach, but whenever he looked into Wiley's eyes he could hear waves crashing against the rocks, and sea foam as it bubbled and splashed. Wiley's eyes were blue like the sky just before the sun fully sinks below the clouds-a dark rick indigo with specks of wild and warm colors of life. Wiley's eyes were blue like Kenai's favorite winter sweater, the one his mother made him that he snuggled into whenever it was chill outside. They were comfortable and warm, familiar.  Wiley's eyes were that kind of blue, and Kenai dreamed of them every night. 
"Little bird missed you."  The native breathed softly, rocking forward to allow their lips to meet in Kenai's favorite fashion. It was how their first kiss had gone, Kenai upside down from the same tree. The boy had gotten lost one day with his terrible sense of direction, and the only place he could make it back to was their tree.  Wiley found him there a few hours later, and Kenai had been so happy that the boy was looking for him-
The kiss happened.
And now Kenai loved it. He loved to steal kisses whenever he was hanging from their willow tree.  It always brought him back to that day, when he realized that Wiley really cared about him.
That was the best day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Little birds and Gods Grace   Of Little birds and Gods Grace Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Little birds and Gods Grace
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: SmutFest! :: Side Threads-
Jump to: