Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheap Thrills

Go down 
+2
Boyd Odair
Oleander Taylor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Cheap Thrills - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 am

At first, Jett ignores Ollie's question, instead snorting at his earlier words.
"Find someone who likes fighting as much as I do? Ollie, you should know that's impossible. I don't know if that guy exists." He smirks lightly, putting off the other question as long as possible before murmuring. "Can't you do it for me? I'll send you over there, tell him I've died in some horrible accident." He gives a feeble attempt at a smile to show he's joking, although really this sounds like a more appealing option than breaking up with Boyd himself. "I'm gonna do it, eventually. I'm gonna savor the next couple days until I grow a set. Then I'll do it. I just hope he doesn't decide to do anything crazy before then. And then I'll take some time to myself before going on the hunt for this mythical boyfriend who likes to fight with me."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Oleander laughs at Jett's joke, just for the sake of lightening the mood for his friend. The beta is obviously dreading what he has to do, no matter how necessary. Oleander wonders if Nikita had felt this strongly about the choice of not being with him, if Carter might feel this way when he finally has to end their relationship.
Oleander hopes so .  He aches to be loved even a fraction of the way Jett loves Boyd.
"I'll help you find the right guy."  Ollie tries to sound optimistic.  He has known boys who'd rather fight than fuck, usually finds them hanging around Nikita's fight club.  That would be a good place to start.  "I'll even start looking now so maybe i'll have a few guys lined up by the time you're ready for them. "  It's easier to talk about finding Jett a new man as opposed to talking about the one he's planning to leave behind.
"We could even go on double dates." Ollie nudges Jett's shoulder playfully, winking as if he knows everything will be okay. "I can bail you out if you decide you're not into the guy."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Jett gives a halfhearted smile, doesn't know how to tell Ollie that the thought of dating doesn't even sound appealing anymore. Maybe he doesn't want to date someone who will fight with him after all. Right now he just wants to hurt something. Maybe he should look into joining the fight club with Nikky.

A few days later and he had decided it was time. At first he'd wanted to spend some more time with Boyd but he'd realized it was useless. It only hurt more letting Boyd kiss him when he knew it would all be over soon. It felt cruel, letting Boyd continue to believe everything was alright. He was selfish though, let himself cherish their last time making love and their last kiss while Boyd went on blissfully ignorant, not knowing this was the last time these things would ever happen.
It was a normal night, a Saturday where Jett would be allowed to spend the night since Boyd didn't have school in the morning. The thought of spending one last night together was all too tempting.
Shit, he better do this now or else he'd get sucked in for another day. And then he'd never get the nerve to do it again.
"Hey." His voice is harsher than he intended as he works up the courage. Boyd is sitting across from him on the bed. He takes a breath before continuing. "I have to... talk to you."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 am

Boyd blinks at the harshness of Jett's voice, startled by the sound of it.  His lover was rarely ever so gruff when addressing him, but Boyd couldn't bring himself to be put off by something so small. He was excited just to have Jett in his room, sitting on his bed. They'd have all night together and Boyd has several ideas about how to spend their time.  Nothing could take this away from him. And besides, he loves talking to Jett, It would be an honor to soothe whatever is bothering the beta. It is his duty as a boyfriend, and it will be even more so when they finally marry. Boyd has no doubt that Jett will be his one day, in every sense of the word.
"O-Oh yeah, okay. Are you alright?"  He had been looking forward to their Saturday spent together, just like every other week.
"Did I do something to upset you?" The bed sinks and creaks as Boyd takes a seat beside Jett on the mattress.  He is close enough to easily reach for the betas hand, fingers curling almost tenderly around Jett's palm. Boyd can sense that something is wrong, but dismisses the gut wrenching feeling as nothing more than paranoia.  It wasn't too long ago that he'd spoken to Nikita about Oleander, of course he'd still have lingering worries.  The thought of losing someone is unthinkable to a person who loves so tenderly as Boyd does. He reminds himself that even though they are best friends, Jett isn't Oleander. He would never do to Boyd what Ollie is doing to Nikky.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Jett sighed softly, nearly cringing when Boyd takes his hand and speaks so sweetly. He's never going to get through this unless he just comes out with it. No sugar coating. He has to be blunt.
"You didn't upset me." Jett shakes his head, takes a deep breath before finally saying it. "But this isn't working out for me anymore." In those moments, after the words hit the air, Jett is pretty sure he forgets how to breathe at all. "I don't... u-uh, I don't think we're going to work out." His voice cracks and he's forced to swallow a lump in his throat. Cobalt blue eyes dip downwards to avoid seeing the look on Boyd's face as the realization first sets in. Fuck, he needs to get this over with before Boyd sees him cry. He has to be cold, maybe even mean. If he's not, he has a feeling Boyd might never let him go. "I think we need to end this... us." He refuses to let tears prick at his eyes, holds back the crack in his voice. If there's one thing he's good at, it's not showing weakness.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 am

Jett assures that Boyd hasn't upset him, and the boy smiles, naively unaware of whats to come.  Later he would think back on this moment, desperately trying to relive his last few seconds of blissful joy before the axe falls.
Nothing can stop it now, Jett is taking a deep breath as if to prepare himself, and Boyd starts to look worried.  His smile is slipping.
"This isn't working out for me anymore."
Boyd looks up at him abruptly, pupils blown wide like those of a startled rabbit. The muscle in his jaw flexes as though he is trying to work up some response, but he can't even manage to wrap his mind fully around what Jett has said.  It sounded alien.  The beta might as well have spoken a different language completely because Boyd doesn't understand, he cant.  The boy desperately wishes he had the power to stop time, reverse it so that those words never have the chance to be spoken.  At the very least have some time to prepare, so he isnt sitting with his hands trembling and limp at his sides, mouth hanging open in shocked distress.  He must look a fool.
The boy shakes his head, a little stunned movement as he struggles to find his tongue.
"W-Why?  I thought- What's going on?" A sharp gasp sounds, and Boyd is grasping the bedsheets, needs something to hold onto so he doesn't fall over completely.
"We-We were fine this morning. C-Can't we talk about th-this?" Jett is hiding from him now, looking down and away so Boyd can't even see the blue of his eyes. He can't stand that, can't stand to lose the right to see those eyes.  How is he supposed to fix this if Jett wont even look at him?  And he has to fix this.  They can't be over.  Boyd's reeling mind won't accept it.
"Hey, look at me. W-Where is this coming from?" He reaches for Jett's cheek, the flat of his thumb gently urging the beta's face up. "I-I'm sure we can fix it if you just tell me."  Boyd is falling apart,  chest swelling with every shaky breath he takes.  He is already bordering on hysterical, skin burning as if he has been set on fire. It feels like he is bleeding out from some unseen wound, praying desperately that Jett will do something to save him.
But Jett wont even look at him.
Its a startling realization, like ice water poured down his back as Boyd realizes he is alone.  Jett might be here, but he isnt with Boyd. He is drifting away, and Boyd can do nothing more than latch on with trembling fingers and beg him not to go.
"Just...Just tell me why you think that, okay?  A-And we can go from there.  I promise i'll fix whatever it is." The words come hushed but frantic, whisky warm eyes alight with fierce determination.  "Y-You are everything to me.  More important than anything-anyone else.  You have to give me a chance." Boyd's fingers tremble as they curl desperate into the front of Jett's shirt, as if this alone would be enough to stop the boy from leaving him.  
"Please, Jett."  His voice is scarcely more than a whispered prayer. "You don't have to do this."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm

"Boyd..." Jett sighed, lips pursing into a straight line to keep from showing more emotion than he wants. It's nearly impossible to keep the tears at bay when he lets Boyd guide his face upwards and he sees the heartbreak on his lover's face. He thought the hard part was simply bringing up the subject but this is so much worse, having to convince Boyd that it's really over.
"We can't fix it." He shook his head, reaching up to caress Boyd's hand that is pressed against his cheek. "You can't fix this. Because as cliche as this sounds, it's not you. It's me. I'm no good, Boyd. For anybody, probably. But especially not for you. I kept catching myself about to be a bitch to you for no damn reason at all other than I have to bitch at people. It's just what I do. And you don't deserve that Boyd. You're too good for me, okay? I need you to know that. This isn't your fault. It's me. I knew one day I'd end up yelling at you and then I'd hate myself even more than I already do. Or even worse, we'd spend a few more years together with me bitching at you constantly and then you'd leave me. It all ends the same way. I just need to end it now before things can get worse."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 12:08 am

The sound Boyd makes is small and broken. He doesn't want to hear anymore, flinches at every word out of Jett's mouth.   They send a spike of bewildered hurt that strikes Boyd just between his ribs.  The boy is still persistent though, can't see this ending in any way that leaves him without Jett.  If this is a test, he won't fail.  Jett isn't something he can't stand to lose.
"You don't know that!" His heart is shriveling in his chest, and he has to convince Jett to make it stop.  
"Thats...thats just stuff in your head.  I'm not a child.  I know you and it's nothing I can't handle."  He has never even had a chance to experience it, Jett is always so good around him, for him-
But he doesn't have to be.  Boyd will love him regardless.  Jett just needs to understand that.
"I don't know where this is coming from but its nothing we can't work through.  I was made for you Jett."  It nearly killed him to hear the boy say he wasn't good enough, he was the problem.  Jett has only ever been the solution to everything wrong in Boyd's life.  To hear he thinks otherwise is a real and actual problem.  It's Boyd's problem.
"Yelling at me wont ever change that. I'd never leave you, not over that or anything else.  You have nothing to worry about.  You don't have to be scared.  Im here." He is trying so hard, gathering Jett's hands against his chest and pressing trembling kisses against the boys fingertips. Boyd feels strangely light-headed. There is a ringing in his ears. Its as though his entire life depends on this moment, on convincing Jett to stay.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Jett grimaces, forces himself once again to hold back tears. Why the hell does Boyd have to make this so difficult? Why does he have to keep kissing his fingers and looking at him with those big puppy dog eyes?
"Boyd, you're not getting it..." He grasps Boyd's hands in both of his own, kissing them before letting go and instead cradling his face. "I don't want to fix it. You're not my mate. I love you more than this whole world but I don't think we're meant for each other. I know you think you can handle me but give it a few years, I'll make you miserable. And I'd hate myself if I ever took that innocence away from you. We haven't talked about it but I've asked Eustass questions. I should know by now if you're my mate. I should feel it. And... and I don't. I'm sorry, I've tried. I wish I did. But I don't." He trails off slowly, averting his gaze once again.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Jett is right, Boyd just isn't getting it.  The boys eyes are panicked as he struggles to say something, anything that will fix this rift between them. He doesn't get it, not at all until Jett is cradling his face and stating openingly that he has no interest in fixing this. And it hurts.  Boyd has dreamed of being Jett's mate.  He hoped for it, prayed for it even after some time had passed and Jett still hadn't said anything, made no indication that he was linked to Boyd in such a way.  Boyd still had his hope though, was able to hold onto it up until this moment.  Jett is stealing his hope away, and Boyd can do nothing but stare, hollow. His lungs are aching. Boyd can feel his stomach bottoming out.  He has lost everything, hands falling to rest limp at his sides. They linger there for only a moment before his fingers find the track marks trailing up trembling arms.  Boyd doesn't notice when he begins rubbing them.  It's as though he was in shock, unable to process something so traumatic as this, as losing the love of his life.  Boyd had grown up watching mates in love, knew what it looked like. His father might be gone a lot, but when home, he is hooked to Vitaly's side.  Thatcher is the same way. Their worlds revolve around their mates.  Boyd had wanted that future for himself and Jett, he'd envisioned it, dreamed of it. And now that's all gone.  Jett has taken it away, just with four words.
"You're not my mate."
They are met by a sharp intake of breath, and all the air rushes out of Boyd's lungs.  The universe stops, his world isn't spinning on its axis anymore.
Jesus, how did they get here?  How did Boyd let them get to this point?
The point of no return.
He wants to fight this but he cant.  How could he?  There is no one to fight  Its just Jett, telling him they are over.
Boyd can only stare at him. What is he to say?  Jett doesn't love him.  He isn't Jett's mate.  
This is the end.
And Boyd wants to face it bravely, but his hands wont stop shaking, his heart wont stop aching.
This feels a lot like dying.
"I uh...Okay.  Alright." His voice is quite, quivering even despite all the effort Boyd put into keeping his composure, to making this easy for Jett.  There is no stopping now.  The least he can do is it make it a clean break for this boy he loves.
"It's okay. I'm uhh....Im s-sorry i'm not your mate. Sorry that I uh, w-wasted your time."  The words catch in his throat, hitched by quivering gasps of panic.  His chest is heaving, lungs struggling to draw air. Breaths come short, shallow, and it doesn't feel like breathing. Not really.
Boyd isn't looking at Jett anymore.  He wants to, wants to savor his last chance at gazing freely upon Jett's face.  He can't.  All the joy has gone from his world, and all Boyd can do is stare at Jett's hands, whisky warm eyes catching on the boys ring finger. His ring would never sit there.  Instead it will stay tucked away in his nightstand, never to be proudly worn by anyone.
And it's like a physical blow to his heart. Another crack in the already crumbling dam that's keeping him together. He is going to break.  Jett is going to break him.
Bile rises in Boyds throat, but he swallows it down, ignores the bitter taste. He wants to talk, give Jett a better goodbye but it feels as though his mouth is full of ash. He is suffocating.
"S-So uh, i'll just....I uh...I'll wait outside while y-you uhm, uh...While you get all of y-you're stuff."
Boyd rises suddenly, on his feet and stumbling to the other side of the room on wobbly knees. This feels like a fight or flight situation.  There is no one to fight.  Boyd's only option is flight, and his body knows.  It wants him to run.
Boyd want's to run. Its humiliating and shameful and Boyd doesn't care.
All he has left to say is goodbye.  Boyd opens his mouth, closes it, and doesn't try again.  He can't say it.  He isn't strong enough.
There's nothing left to do but leave.
Boyd steps back from his own bedroom door, stuffs trembling hands into his pockets, and finally he allows himself to look back at Jett.
Boyd loves looking at him, and hates the way he looks right now.
He hates that this will be his last memory of them. His scars itch.
Boyd doesn't say goodbye, just turns and walks down the hall. By the time he reaches the front door, he has broken into a run, fleeing from his home as though it were on fire. He can't be here when Jett leaves.
The wind stings his eyes. In denial he tells himself that's what makes them water.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 11:44 am

Jett merely sits there for a moment, frozen. He wants Boyd to come back up here. He doesn't want this to be over. Because now, it's real.
He's thought about breaking up with Boyd, gotten sad at the thought of living without someone so precious in his life. But it's not just a thought anymore. It's his reality. He's all alone. He didn't want it to go like this. Boyd didn't even say goodbye. No last kiss, not even a hug. He tells himself that he will fix it when he goes outside. He'll tell Boyd all that he has left to say and he'll kiss him and that will be the end of it.
But then he listens for Boyd's heartbeat, hears it getting farther and farther away.
He's not waiting outside. He's running.
This is it.
"You will not cry here." His voice is harsh as he finally stands from the bed, taking a deep breath to regain his composure. He repeats the words in his head as he makes his way to the closet, retrieving the box that still sits on the floor with some of his things tossed inside. It's the box he used to carry some things over the first night they spent together. It never left.
Slowly he gathers more of his things from around the room. There's more than he thought and that does nothing to help the dull ache in his chest. He practically lived in this room, thought of it as home.
He's not going to be welcome anymore.
A small noise that would have been a sob if he let it escapes him. But his eyes are still dry.
He won't cry until he's home. His actual home.
Vitaly should be home soon and lord knows Jett will want to be out of here by then.
When he's finished, he lugs his box down the stairs and out the front door. Even though he knows Boyd is far away by now, he still pauses and looks around, waiting for him to come back.
He gives up after a minute, lip trembling as he walks next door. It's night time already but Gally's truck is not out front. He must not be home from work. Thank God.
The second he closes the door behind him, the dam breaks. The tears flood down his cheeks and it's all he can do to keep upright, keep dragging his box towards the stairs, towards his room.
He doesn't want to be alone.
He's not about to ask for company either, though.
He reaches his bedroom door and sits the box down at its entrance. By now his silent crying has turned into quiet sobs, chest heaving. He glances down the hallway, wondering if anyone else is home, if anyone else is hearing his pathetic gasps and sniffles. He's torn between not wanting to be alone and not wanting anyone else to see him like he is now. Never has he looked this pitiful, bright blue eyes puffy and bloodshot.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Oleander was giving himself one last glance over in the mirror when he heard the front door open.  He has a date with Carter in half an hour.  They are going to some sort of formal event and Ollie is determined to look the part.  
The door closes just as quietly as it opened, and Oleander assumes it's Gally coming home from work.  He is always quiet somehow, only ever makes a scene when Jett is around.  Oleander waits to hear boots ascending the stairs, stops short when he realizes that whoever's home is not wearing boots.  
It can't be Gally.
Oleander is focusing in on a heart beat by the time he hears someone gasping in the hallway.  It takes him only seconds to identify the sound as having come from Jett.
Oh, hell.
Oleanders knows instantly what happened.  Jett wasn't able to go through with spending one last weekend with Boyd. He'd went ahead and ended it.
"Oh, fucking hell." The words are nothing but a breathless exhale as Ollie swings his door open, eyes immediately catching the shape of Jett's trembling form just down the hall.
There's nothing he can say to help. Oleander knows, he's been lost like this before. All he can think to do is reach for Jett, close the gap between them and wrap the beta up in his arms. Ollie doesn't say anything, merely rubs comforting little circles into his friends back.
For a moment he's at a loss, considers calling Carter and canceling just so he can be here for Jett. Oleander had been looking forward to this date for weeks, ever since Carter first invited him. He would hate to stand his lover up, but he'd hate leaving Jett alone even more.
Ollie is already thinking of what to tell Carter when he hears the faint sound of a bed creaking down the hall. It has to be his father. Eustass had gone to bed early with all his kids out of the house. It's rare they are all gone at the same time. He misses them when they are away, so the alpha spends that time catching up on all the rest he neglects in favor of watching over them. Ollie hasn't heard anything from the alpha since Eustass had kissed his forehead and wished him goodnight. Jett must have woke him. The beta had been quiet, but Eustass has a sixth sense when it comes to his children. Oleander is certain that with Jett this upset, his father had surely sensed it.
Well, that makes everything a lot easier for Ollie. Eustass is up and he will undoubtedly come looking for Jett.
Oleander will save him the trouble. Carefully he ushers his friend down the hallway, almost as if leading them back to his bedroom. At the last moment though Oleander bypasses his room altogether, coming to a stop only a door away. He turns to Jett then, lips twitching into a worried little smile.
"I love you lots, okay? I have my phone if you need me. I'll be home late, but tomorrow we can talk about it if you want, and if not I wont ask. Alright? You're going to be okay, and even if you hate me now you're going to be glad I did this. See you soon." That's all the explanation Oleander gives before pecking Jett's cheek and gently shoving him back into the room.
It's a dimly lit room, just one lamp on. Ollie can see his father immediately upon opening the door. Eustass had been reaching for the handle, already dressed and alert, setting out on a mission.
He's only slightly startled that Oleander has beat him to it, pushing Jett into his arms before swiftly shutting the door back and disappearing down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Normally, Jett is observant. He would have realized exactly where Ollie was taking him long before he was shoved into the alpha's chest.
Tonight is not a normal night though. He has much more pressing issues on his mind and he is so thankful to see Ollie that he never realizes where he is until it's too late. Ollie nudges him through a doorway and disappears. The next thing he knows, he is wrapped in strong arms.
He looks up at Eustass with wide, bloodshot eyes. Eustass has never seen him cry. Hell, he isn't even sure anyone has seen him cry. He doesn't want anyone to see him cry. For a moment, he's conflicted, staring up at the alpha.
Then, it suddenly doesn't matter anymore.
A sob escapes him and he lunges forward, burying his face in the man's chest. He's never felt more comforted, never had a father figure who would hold him while he cried. He didn't realize that this was an option.
He's glad Ollie brought him here.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Eustass recovers from the shock of having Oleander shove Jett into his room in a matter of seconds.  Its only when Jett looks at him, blue eyes watering and bloodshot that Eustass finds himself immobilized by fear. The alpha stares just long enough to trail his eyes down the length of Jett's body, assure himself the boy isn't physically dying, bleeding out from some unseen wound.  And that might seem dramatic but this is Jett.
And Jett doesn't ever cry
Eustass opens his arms just in time to catch the beta as he lunges into the alpha's chest.
"Jett, baby whats the matter? What's wrong?  Are you hurt?"  It never occurs to Eustass that the boy could be suffering a  break up.  As far as he knows, Boyd and Jett are still going strong as ever. There's only one person the alpha suspects could cut Jett deeply enough to cause the boy such pain.
"Is it Gally?  Did he do something to you?" He keeps asking questions, not to pry, but because he has to know what's wrong before he can fix it, and it's his job to fix it. Jett may not be his by blood but that doesn't mean anything, because in Eustass's eyes the boy is his anyways.  He has loved Jett like he loves all is children, raised him the same, felt fatherly pride whenever the boy would so much as smile.  Eustass didn't have a hand in making Jett, but loves him all the same. He will fix this, in any way he can.  Most important right now though are  the tears streaking down Jett's face.  The alpha wipes them away with gentle strokes of his thumb.  Eustass gathers the beta against his chest then, sweeping Jett into his arms so effortlessly its as if the boy is weightless. He moves them to his bed, sitting on the edge of it with Jett still cradled protectively in the strong harbor of his arms

Gally had gotten off work a few hours ago but he'd never gone home.  Instead he'd driven to a familiar bar and took up a small booth in the back.  The waitress isn't pleasant but she keeps his glass full and that's good enough.  The whisky burns going down.  It doesn't stop Gally from ordering more, drinking glass after glass, hoping that the alcohol with soothe his stomach or destroy whatever's been keeping it in knots for the past week.  Gally doesn't understand.  He isn't sick, nothing has changed about his life, and yet it's been seven days since he woke up with only a headache to worry about.  He feels anxious even though he has nothing to be anxious about. Gally is sick to his core and he doesn't know why.
Tonight it's getting worse.
It had started just before he clocked out of work.  Along with the dull throb in his temple that he's grown accustomed to he could feel his bones aching, so deeply he wondered if he organs were trying to fail.  Most worrisome was the way his stomach hurt, like someone has torn a hole in his belly and stuck their hand in, proceeded to twist his guts around until they were knotted beyond repair.
The feeling spikes some time after his eighth drink.  Galileo lays down his pay with shaking fingers and staggers out side.  Driving is out of the question, but its only a short walk home.  
It's quiet when he finally stumbles through the front door.  The alcohol makes it hard to focus but Gally knows that Jett is here anyways.  Somehow he always knows.
And he hates it-
But not really.  Gally uses that word so much it almost loses meaning.  But he remembers now what it is to hate.  He'd hated his father, hated the man with every ounce of his being.  He's never hated something so much.
Until now.  Until right now, the very moment he takes a step up the staircase and hears it, the worst sound he's ever heard.  
Jett is crying.  He is openly sobbing, and Gally is so stricken by the sound of it he misses the next step entirely, winds up sitting sprawled on his ass at the bottom of the staircase.
The fall sent an acute jolt of pain to Galileo's head.  He doesn't notice.  He is completely consumed by that sound, torn between wanting to walk his ass back to the bar, far enough away he cant hear it anymore, and the inexplicable, irrational desire to march himself upstairs and demand to know why Jett is crying.
What had made him cry?  And Gally wants to believe its because he'd like to know what makes Jett hurt, but there is no one around.  No reason to try and lie to himself.
He wants to know because he suddenly feels the instinctual need to protect, like he hasn't felt since he was a mere child watching his mother suffer abuse at the hands of his father.
Jesus, what is this? Galileo shouldn't be feeling this.  Not for anyone and especially not for Jett.
And its almost enough to let him off the hook.  Gally makes it to the front door.  His fingers are on the handle.  He can leave now and it would be as though he was never here.
But he is here, and there's a reason for it.
Jett.
Gally knows he's making one of the worst decisions of his life when he lets go of the doorknob, but he's already certain that he'll never get this sound out of his head.  So what harm can it do to stay?
Probably a lot, but Galileo stays anyways.   And he knows he should go, but  instead he finds himself wandering around the kitchen. His heart leaps into his throat each time he hears Jett whimpering from upstairs. Gally wants to ignore it, but the sound makes his hands shake.  He finds the coffee, puts on a pot and   tells  himself its just something to do with his hands, when really its the only thing he can think to do for Jett.  Galileo pours himself a cup and drinks it black while sitting on the staircase.  
He could listen in but he isn't.  Gally wont eavesdrop, even though he's itching to know who'd caused the boy to cry.  It's none of his business, and he respects Jett enough to be mindful of his privacy. And besides, Jett would hate him for it. Hell, Jett would hate him for even sitting here. But what he doesnt know wont hurt him, and Gally will go to bed once the feeling goes away, if it ever does.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Jett shakes his head at Eustass's last question, trying to compose himself enough to answer the others without stuttering like an idiot. He can't remember the last time he's cried this hard, isn't sure that he ever has. But he knows if he opens his mouth, what comes out will be pathetic.
He hasn't been held like this, probably since he was actually a baby. He can't remember ever feeling so safe, so cared for. The feeling does nothing to help the tears.
Finally, he has slowed his sobbing enough to speak softly. He doesn't look at Eustass. He isn't sure he can bear it, doesn't know how he will look the alpha in the eyes tomorrow morning. But that doesn't matter now. Right now, he needs this.
"I... uh, I broke up with Boyd." He talks with his face pressed against the alpha's neck, finding comfort there. His voice is surprisingly steady, only slightly hoarse. But then he thinks again and his voice breaks when he tries to continue. "He didn't even let me say goodbye." This thought causes another sob to escape him and there's no more stopping. His arms find themselves wrapping around Eustass's shoulders, the beta's tears wetting his neck.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 12:52 am

Eustass blinks down at the boy, utterly confused as the words register. He is certain he'd heard wrong, waits for Jett to correct himself, but the boy merely buries his face in the crook of Eustass's neck and it's then he knows.
There was no mistake. Jett had broken up with Boyd, and he's falling apart in the alpha's arms.
Eustass is tempted to ask why, maybe he even would have, had he not been so afraid of making it worse. Jett was just now calming down enough to talk. If they got off on the wrong topic he might dissolve back into unintelligible sobbing and the alpha's heart can't take that.
"Im sorry that you had to go through that kid." Eustass's voice is soothing. He cards his fingers through Jett's hair and rocks the boy like he did he own children on the nights that bad dreams would lead them to his door.
"It sucks Boyd ran off on you. Im sure he's just sulking though. You'll have other chances to talk with him. I know you're hurting right now but this isn't the end of the world. You'll get up tomorrow and probably feel just a crappy. But the next day you'll feel it less, and eventually everything will be okay. You just take your time, and know that im going to be right here." The alpha tightens his hold on the boy just enough to let Jett know he isn't alone, and he never will be.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

"T-thank you, sir." Jett's voice is just as pathetic as he expected, followed by a soft sniffle. He's never been so grateful to anyone in his life. Just for sitting here and holding him, letting him cry openly. He doesn't know what he'd do if he was left alone right now. "I know it'll be okay eventually. But it doesn't feel like it right now." He's trying to calm down, chest heaving silently now. "I didn't think he would run away... It wasn't supposed to go that way. It went all wrong and I can't fix it now, it's too late..." He trailed off, curling himself tight against the alpha's chest, finally managing to look the man in the eyes. "I was trying to do the right thing but I don't know if I did. He's hurting, I'm hurting, everything is all fucked up."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 am

Its hard to look into Jett's eyes.  They are a kind of blue that almost reminds him of Thatcher, and it's near torture to see them clouded with tears.  He has never been good with words, but after so many years of parenting he's mastered the art of comforting a crying child. He even has experience with teenagers who's hearts have been broken. God knows Oleander and Malakai have given him enough practice.
"No break up ever goes right.  They are always hard and terrible, no matter what you do. Especially if you love someone as much as you love Boyd."  They might be broken up now, but Eustass still has no doubts about Jett's devotion.  If he did this, it was with Boyd's best interest in mind. Jett wasn't thinking about himself.
"I support you kid.  Whatever you decide.  But if you aren't sure about this, it's never too late to fix it.  The right thing is whatever makes you happiest."  He wants to ask why Jett would think that breaking up with Boyd was the right thing.  Eustass has so many questions, but Jett didn't come here for that.  The boy doesn't owe him an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 11:43 am

"N-no... I think this is right. You know how mean I am." Jett sniffled lightly, curling into Eustass's lap almost like a cat. "With Boyd, I always felt like I had to be careful or else I would slip and say something that would hurt him. I was always so scared of hurting him. I did anyways now but at least it's over. I don't have to worry about it anymore." It looks like he might be calming finally as he realizes the worst is over. Now they can both heal. But then, just as the tears stop, his face crumples and fresh tears begin to fall. "I just miss him though. I know he's n-not my mate so we would be over eventually anyways but I just m-miss him so much already." The thought of never getting to hold his lover again was too much to bear, almost as bad as the thought of going to sleep in his bed all alone. For someone who hates people so much, he definitely needed contact to get him through the night.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am

"Oh man, kid.  Im sorry it had to be this way. If I ever thought you'd end up hurt i'd never have let you two go out. "  Eustass should have known better.  Jett would do anything if he thought it to be in Boyd's best interest. Now they are both miserable.  He's never seen the beta so broken, hurt beyond his ability to help.
"You wont always have to miss him though.  Eventually im sure you two will find some way to be friends again."  They might not ever be together again, but the alpha is confident that this is not the end.  He cannot imagine a world in which Jett and Boyd are estranged.
"Until then, you have me."  Eustass leaned back against the headboard, all the while keeping Jett tucked snugly in the warm harbor of his arms, the boys head tucked safely beneath the alpha's chin.
He will stay like this for as long as the boy needs him to.  He will see Jett through this, no matter what it takes.

Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:47 am

Jett eventually falls asleep in the alpha's arms. He wishes he was capable of sleeping in later but he wakes up bright and early, as usual. Part of him wants to stay here, wants to never leave the comfort of this bed. Eustass makes him feel safe.
But of course, he can't allow himself to enjoy this.
He slowly slips out of the alpha's grip, slightly ashamed at how he'd acted the previous night. He heads downstairs. The only thing that keeps him going is the thought of his morning coffee. He certainly needs it.
Reality hits him as he's waiting.
So once he pours his cup, he trudges back upstairs and locks himself in his room.
It's the last time he comes out for the next three days other than to use the bathroom. Maybe just wallowing in his heartbreak and loneliness is not the best way to handle a breakup but he doesn't have the strength to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Gally had slept in Roxanne that first night, not wanting to intrude but unable to stay away. He'd parked in the front yard, pretending to sleep while vigilantly keeping track of Jett's erratic heartbeat. Truly its a pain in the ass. He has no idea what keeps drawing him back here, to this mean boy with the pretty lips and harsh words. Gally gave up trying to resist it though. He knows he wont be needed, but its a small comfort knowing he's close by, just in case.
He wakes before dawn in order to sneak inside and take a shower, change clothes and tell himself its not an excuse to see if Jett is alright, to see if the crying has passed.
Gally cant stomach the crying.
He'd expected the boy to be downstairs making coffee by the time he was ready to leave for work, but for once Jett wasn't there.
Gally tried to pretend it didn't bother him, tells himself he didn't wait around a little longer than usual just hoping to see the boy up and moving.
He was gone before Jett finally made it down for coffee.
The next day is the same. Jett is locked in his room when Gally comes home, and he's still there when Gally leaves.
But this time he makes a pot of coffee, hoping Jett might come down for it after he was gone.
It was still untouched when he made it home that night.
Galileo pours it out, undeterred. He makes coffee again on the third day, wakes early enough to scramble eggs and fry bacon in the hopes that when Jett sees it outside his door, he'll assume it was all Eustass's doing.
And then he left again.
But tonight he comes home later than usual, brandishing a brand new boombox under one arm. He is done with the silent treatment. Jett is going to face him tonight, no matter what it takes.
He makes a point to stomp up the staircase, hoping the loud thump of his boots would be enough to catch the beta's attention. For days he's been keeping quiet, allowing Jett to wallow in his hurt. Gally is done with that. Jett can't keep hiding. it's going to drive him insane for reasons he can't quite explain.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Jett can't take the silence anymore. He isn't ready to leave his room and socialize with everyone yet but he can't be alone either. The loneliness is suffocating.
He's considered starting a fight with Gally several times but he's restrained himself. Their relationship is far from good but they fight less often than they used to, ever since Gally's apology. He is trying to be good but he can only stay strong for so long.
He's secretly begging Gally to do something to provoke him.
Jett is sitting on his bed when Gally comes home late, wide awake despite the time of night it is. He won't admit it but he's been waiting up. It's something he often found himself doing on nights when he wasn't sleeping over at Boyd's. Even he doesn't quite understand why.
The sound of the man's boots stomping up the stairs gives him hope that Gally might be in a fighting mood tonight. Maybe the bastard is here to answer his prayers, give him something to be mad about.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 6:21 am

Gally is in a fighting mood, and its frustrating.  He hasn't seen Jett in days, and that's frustrating too. Each hour that passes with no word from the boy puts him closer and closer to the edge.  Tonight, he's wound tight enough to snap.
But he feels as though he's walking on air, because he knows this is it.  Jett wont ignore him anymore.  At least not tonight.  Gally knows Jett will come to fight with him, the boy can never resist.
And even if he doesn't, Galileo isn't above breaking the door down and dragging him out, forcing his way in.  Anything to get a rise out of Jett, to put the fire back in his eyes.
He lets the box underneath his arm scrape against Jett's door on his way by, the grating sound it creates adding to the obnoxious thud of his boots on a hardwood floor.
Gally whistles as he passes, a tune that is soon to be beating throughout his room.  It takes mere seconds to hook the boombox up.  He'd only bought two discs for the occasion, picks one out without looking.  Galileo highly doubts he will need them both though, expects Jett will be banging down his door any second as the first few guitar chords hit the air.
There is a thrum of excitement as he waits, and Gally wont acknowledge that it comes with the thought of seeing Jett's face. He is reminded of his mother, waiting for her to fix her make-up, hiding her bruises so she can take him out to the county fair. It was a thrill to leave the house, to be away from his father. The fair had been nothing but a few dangerous carnival rides and vendors selling food that was sure to cause problems later, but the lights were bright and his mother smiled and he loved it.
It's a shock to his system that he feels that same excitement now, waiting for Jett to make an appearance, to see the angry curve of the boys scowl and know he is okay.
The voice of Elvis Presley fills his room, and Galileo sings along.

Lord Almighty, I feel my temperature rising.

He can recall his mother standing in the kitchen, holding his hands and singing along to this song. Gally isn't really listening to it though. His focus is on Jett's quickening heartbeat. A sure sign that the boy hears him, hates him.

Higher, higher, its burning through to my soul.

Galileo sings louder, and hopes it will be enough to force Jett over the threshold and out of his room, away from whatever hurt is keeping him there.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Despite desiring a fight, Jett is nothing if not stubborn. He is lying in bed as the music begins, deciding that he will try to sleep now that Gally is home. The volume of the music makes this rather hard though, loud enough to practically shake the thin wall separating their rooms. Jett glances over at it, eyes going straight to the spot where there used to be a hole the size of Gally's fist. He almost wishes it was there now so he didn't have to leave the comfort of his room to tell the bastard to turn that shit down.
His heart is racing for the first time in days as his blood boils. Who the hell does this prick think he is? It's the middle of the night. He's not sleeping, but he could be. Gally's lucky he isn't. If his beauty sleep was interrupted, he would have had to rip the man's throat out with his bare hands.
Gally's singing joins in, loud enough to be heard alongside the music. The sound of it seems to awaken something in him, send a spike of adrenaline throughout him. It's as if he was just reminded who he was dealing with. Why was he just laying here? Since when did he let Galileo Gray call the shots?
He's out of bed and stomping over to the room next door before he even realizes what he's doing. He's surprised to find Gally's door unlocked but then again, he's not. Not really. Subconsciously, he knows what the other beta is doing. This is a trap, all meant to lure him in. Jett knows this, and still, he's willingly walking right into it.
"What the fuck are you doing in here?" The second he lays eyes on Gally for the first time in days, he feels the need to touch him. Instead of realizing the desire for what it truly is, he decides he must just want to hit him that badly. He wastes no time in lunging, shoving his hands against the other beta's chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Thrills   Cheap Thrills - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Thrills
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Kidd Pack :: Galileo/Jett-
Jump to: