Our site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Thatcher nearly blushed when Ollie's comment finally hit him. Instead though he merely smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck lightly.
"Sorry about that, kid. I'll try to keep it down next time." He chuckled softly. "And don't worry, Mal texted your dad and warned him he was bringing Gally to his room. He might be a little ditzy sometimes but even he's not stupid enough to think he could have a boy in his room without getting him murdered." He ruffled Ollie's hair before heading into the kitchen to start cooking.
"Damn, I was really counting on that blood being spilled." Jett couldn't help but make his comments as he finished off his coffee, smile still playing on his lips. He could hear movement upstairs in Mal's room, knew his peace was about to end. He had to get his digs in while he could.

Carter's face fell as Eustass answered him.
"Oh. I didn't know it could be deadly." There went that idea. He knew he could never risk Misery's life like that, even if there would be a chance they could be equals again and he wouldn't have to worry about hurting him. "I just thought maybe... things would be easier if my husband was a wolf too, then he could understand and we'd go through it together. I didn't know it was such a risk." He sighed softly as he made his way inside the home, fingers still meddling with his wedding ring in case Ollie was anywhere around.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 am

Eustass followed Carter inside. He was tempted to hover and oversee the man's socializing, make sure he was comfortable, but the need to check on his mate was stronger. Carter would be fine with just Jett and Oleander. Ollie couldn't get into too much trouble with them just one room away, or so Eustass hoped as he wandered into the kitchen. He paused in the doorway, eyes critically raking Thatcher's body, searching for any obvious signs of discomfort. "Hey, how are you feeling?" The alpha stepped forward, strong arms winding tight around Thatcher's waist, his chin hooked over the beta's shoulder. "I'm surprised to see you up so soon ya." Eustass expected his mate to be sore, could only assume that Thatcher was working through any pain he might be feeling. "You should take it easy. I'll cook." The soldier was so rarely home. Eustass wanted the man to relax while he was here.

Galileo had given on up trying to block them out. Fuck, he had always known they werent very fond of him, but was he so bad they truly wanted him hurt? Galileo thinks back, tries to figure out what he could've done to cause all this hate. All he sees is his mother's face in his mind. Something aches behind his ribcage. He knows he'd have been better off left in that alley.
The wall needs a patch. Galileo doesn't have any clean clothes. He wears what he'd had on last night, the only things spared of liquor and glass. The beta shakes tiny shards from his clothes and finally trudges down the hall. He's in no hurry to go down stairs, but it only takes five minutes to load his foul smelling laundry into the washer. Thatcher is awake. He can hear the man, bright and cheerful even this early in the morning. Galileo wants to hate it, but it's impossible to resent Thatcher. He's tried. It would make things easier if he didn't love the man so fucking much. He could just walk out the front door and never return. No one would question it.
Except Thatcher. And maybe Malakai. He fucked up and got attached. He fucked up and started caring about what they think. They are all Gally has to live for. He figures it's the least he can do considering all the kindness they've shown him.
Jett is sitting on the couch. Galileo doesn't even look at him. He's sore about his book, and all the other small treasures the boy had so carelessly trashed. If Gally looks at him, he might be overcome with the urge to break his neck-
His neck. Gally can still feel it under his palms, adam's apple bobbing as the boy struggled for air. Jett was warm. Gally could feel his pulse racing under callused fingertips.
The beta's jaw clenches. His palms itch. With each step, his feet give a dull throb. He wants Jett's neck under his hands. He wants to break it.
Gally would have gone to see Thatcher in the kitchen, but he can sense Eustass's presence, knows the two are probably having a moment. He wont intrude.
Instead Galileo heads for the front door. Eustass has dry wall patches in the shed out back. Gally wants to fix that hole in his room before the alpha finds out and adds it to the list of many reasons he's useless.

Oleander glanced up as the door opened, a smile curling his lips as he realizes Thatcher has invited them inside for breakfast. "Way to go, mom." The boy mutters softly, nudging Jett as Carter steps into the home. "Time to score." He pecks his friends cheek before standing, taking a moment to merely watch his prey. The man is toying with a simple gold wedding band on his ring finger, and Oleanders smiles, knows he's getting under Carter's skin.
"That's a pretty ring you got there, looks good on you." The boy moves slow, and doesn't stop until he's almost stepping on Carter's toes. "But I gotta say, I think you'd look even better without it." Oleander reaches out as though he knows nothing of boundaries, his fingertips warm as they push Carter's bangs away from his face. "So, did you learn anything worth your time out there? Or were you too busy thinking about me to even pay attention?" Gunmetal eyes glinted knowingly, a predator going in for the kill.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:32 am

Thatcher relaxes completely in Eustass's arms, smiling playing on his lips.
"You always cook while I'm gone. I like to do it while I'm here." He never saw it as a burden. It was a blessing that he was home with his little family, got to do the things most mothers did for their kids. It was the least he could do. "And I'm fine. Really. A little sore but if it was too bad you better believe I'd lay back and make you pamper me all day." He chuckled softly, tilting his head to nuzzle his lover's neck before turning back to the food he was preparing on the stove. "Don't go getting all worked up thinking I'm in pain. It's not so bad. And if you weren't my alpha you know it all would have healed already. It's nothing I can't handle."

Carter is breathless when Ollie's fingers brush his skin. He is acutely aware of how close their bodies are, how delicious the boy smells, how soft the fingertips against his forehead are.
Oh god, he wants to touch him. He's never wanted to touch anyone so badly in his life. He's never seen anyone this beautiful in his life.
He remembers his own fingers then, still on his wedding ring.
What the hell is wrong with him?
"Ollie." It might be the first word he's said to the boy that isn't stuttered or shaking. His voice is firm. He has to put a stop to this, he can't keep having these thoughts. They might turn into more than just thoughts and he doesn't want to think about what would happen then. "You're gorgeous. I-I know you know I think you're gorgeous. But I am married. Happily married." He wasn't sure if that last part was for Ollie or himself. "So no matter how gorgeous you are, I'm not supposed to be thinking about it. I would like to get to know you though. I could use a friend here." Carter smiled as he finished talking, hoping that maybe talking openly about his feelings would help him stop having them as well as let Ollie know he was taken and not looking for anything else.
However, as soon as he took the time to truly look at the boy again, his heart was still racing, palms still clammy. He still was aching to touch that porcelain skin. This had clearly helped nothing.

Jett watched Carter and Ollie interact, smirking at his friend. It was hilarious to him how the rich man seemed so flustered in his presence. Ollie was definitely going to get laid if he kept this up.
Then he took notice of Gally heading for the door. The man was minding his own business, not even looking in Jett's direction. Jett almost just let him carry on.
Almost.
"Where ya headed this early? Don't you have a room to clean?" There's a certain glint in his eyes as he sits his empty mug on the coffee table, smiling at Gally's back so the man will see when he turns to face him. "I heard you made an awfully big mess over there last night. You should really be more careful."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Eustass huffed at the beta, his breath hot against Thatcher's ear.  "I know you're tough."  God knows Thatcher has proved that time and time again.  Eustass had no doubts about the man's ability to handle pain, but that still did nothing to ease the alpha's guilt.  Being able to hold Thatcher though?  Kiss his hurts better?  Those things gave Eustass joy.  "Just let me coddle you.  I don't get to do it enough."  Eustass reaches for the 'kiss the cook' apron he'd bought on a whim for mother's day, wraps it snuggly around Thatcher's waist.  "Ollie is in there making eyes at the new marries beta. And Malakai had Gally in his room all night. They are taking years off my life.  Let me have a moment of peace."

Oleander didn't step back even when Carter spoke his name, all firm as though he had the power to end this.  The boy merely cocked his head to the side, and for a moment seemed he was going to pout. Instead he flashed a brilliant grin, all perfect teeth and pink lips.  "You think i'm gorgeous?"  Out of everything Carter had said, that is what Oleander chooses to address first.  He's teasing, playing with his prey. "That's good.  Because I think you're very handsome."  Oleander wasn't going to let himself be rejected a second time.  It simply isn't an option. "And even better, you are thinking about me when you shouldn't be.  Maybe you are married, but if you're so happy how come you seem so infatuated with little old me?" Ollie finally takes a step back, but not for one moment does he look as though he's given up on the hunt.  "Just kidding, we can be friends.  I'm a friendly person when I want to be." The boy motions to the couch, but doesn't give Carter a chance to move on his own.  Ollie hooks arms with the older man, tugs Carter forward.  "Come on, mystery man.  Since we're friends i'll have to get to know you better.  Tell me about yourself."  When they sit, Oleander is sure to give Carter no space  Their thighs touch, but he acts as though he doesnt notice, smiles as though he's innocent.

Gally had almost made it.  The man had been walking on eggshells, hoping to just make it by without further conflict.  He should've known Jett wouldn't let that be possible.  The boy acts as though he needs Gally to be miserable, every second of every fucking day.  He'd finally found a home, but Jett refuses to let him feel welcome, for even one moment.
"Is that what you heard?"  Gally turns around.  He sees Jett's face, the boys stupid fucking smile, and has the unmistakable urge to break the bastards nose.  "Because I heard the sweet sweet sound of Boyd thinking you're some common two-bit tramp."  He moves forward with every word, until he's standing only an arm's length away.  He could reach out right now and snatch Jett up by his throat.  The boy is sitting, and for once Gally doesn't have to feel shamefully short. He could snap Jett's neck, and he wouldn't even have to reach up in order to do it.
God, he's never been so tempted.  
"You know, you keep running your mouth off like this and sooner or later it's going to get you into something your ass can't handle. I'd be more careful about that."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:41 pm

"I'll gladly let you coddle me while I'm cooking. You could use a break from all the teenage angst going on around here." Thatcher chuckled softly as he listened to his lover, allowing himself to lean back into the man. "Leave it to Ollie. The first guy he's ever been openly interested in and it's a married man. That kid is gonna be the death of both of us." Personally he didn't have a problem if Malakai were to spend more time with Gally. Gally was strong and sure, he had his problems, but so did everyone. Thatcher trusted Gally to take care of his son. Ollie flirting with a married man though? That could lead to some problems. "How's Carter taking it? Don't want to scare him off."

Carter relaxes momentarily, thinks it's really worked, that Ollie is done tempting him.
And then the boy is sitting beside him, so close he might as well be on his lap. His heart is thudding in his chest all over again. He doesn't know what's gotten into him. He's never acted like this before.
"Uh, well, there's not really much to tell." He tried to act normal. It was the least he could do because the boy actually does seem to be respecting his boundaries, even if he is still sitting unbearably close. "I had a pretty normal life and then last night everything turned into some weird horror movie and now I've got claws and all this other stuff that makes no sense to me. I'm still not positive it's not some elaborate prank." Carter chuckled awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact with the other wolf. However, this just leaves him staring at perfect pink lips, which is even worse. So he glances back up and meets Ollie's gaze. His mouth is running again then before he can stop it. "I want things to go back to normal but then again, it's not all so bad. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't be here talking to you." Holy shit, is he flirting? It's like he's a different person, flashing Ollie a sly smirk. It's like he's a single teen again, trying to flirt with all the pretty girls at his family's formal events.

"I'm terrified." Jett's smile never leaves, voice dripping with sarcasm as he moves to stand, rising to his full height. He's nearly an entire foot taller than the other beta and never fails to exaggerate this fact. "Do you try to be this pathetic or does it just come naturally?" He makes a show of having to look down to make eye contact with the shorter man. "I understand it must be lonely having Mal's pity as your only company but is it really so bad you've got to make up bullshit about me to ruin Boyd and I's fun for five minutes before we forget all about you again?" He acts like the comments last night hadn't bothered him, like it had merely been a small annoyance. Truly, they had gotten past it quickly. But still, it was gnawing at Jett, how easily it had been for Boyd to believe he was some slut. So of course, Gally had to pay for it.

Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Eustass sighs from somewhere deep in his chest.  "Carter is struggling.  He's freaked out by the whole werewolf thing and Ollie wont give him a second to breathe. I gave him the 'touch my kids and die' speech, but it only made him anxious.  Oleander's got him under some spell, but he acts like he's trying to resist at least.  He knows he has a husband at home and it would be absolutely terrible if our child became a homewrecker ya."  The alpha presses kisses to the base of Thatcher's neck, trying to calm the knots twisting his stomach.  He's never imagined having to deal with something like this.  He swears Oleander is doing it on purpose.  The boy loves to see him worked up.
"I don't even know what to do with him anymore, Thatch.  He wants to fight me on everything.  I said to leave Carter alone and i'll be damned if Ollie doesn't just work harder to stay in the mans face. I get teenage rebellion, but im starting to think our kid likes seeing me suffer ya."

Oleander opened his mouth, closed it.  He tries again, fails, and finally falls into a moment of shocked silence. He had thought this was going to be more of a challenge considering the mans display of devotion only a moment before.  Oleander wasn't complaining though.  He'd sink he'd claws into Carter now while the man was weak and wanting it. Carter might not realize, but this is the moment in which he loses the fight.  Or well, his husband does anyways.  Ollie is sure that for Carter being with him will feel like winning.  
"Now, now, this isn't fair to me Mr.Kensington.  How dare you call my by my name all firm and serious, telling me how married you are, and then come over here and flirt like you're trying to score."  Oleander has already closed every gap between their bodies.  He is pressed flushed against Carter's side, their noses nearly brushing as he turns his head to whisper in the mans ear.  "That's awfully naughty of a gentlemen like yourself.  And then to smile like that? Are you trying  to tease me?" Oleander pulls back, smiles with all of his perfect teeth, even flashing his pearly white fangs.  "We'll i've got news for you, buster.  It's working.  All of it."  Oleander reaches for Carter's hand.  His eyes are the color of the sky on a cloudy day, and they never leave the mans face.  He takes a moment to fiddle with the wedding band, gives Carter only a moment to object before sliding it off his finger entirely.  "I'll show you how fun a werewolf can be.  Im sure by the time im done with you, you'll count yourself as lucky."  Oleander drops the ring into Carter's coat pocket, as though he's doing away with the mans marriage itself. He is radiant when he smiles, eyes glinting in victory. "What should I show you first?"

Jett really should have just let it go. But instead he has decided to poke the beast.  Galileo thinks about his mothers picture, slightly distorted by liquor stains. He thinks about the book, frayed and torn and ruined.  
He thinks about bullets and Jett's throat bobbing beneath his palm.  
The boy has to pay for taking from him, for destroying the few things Gally still held dear.
"God, you really are a miserable bitch, ain't you.  Gonn' sit here and talk shit to me.  Well sweetheart, I got some honesty for ya.  You're just pissed off because it was so damn easy to make Boyd believe you're some slut off the streets, trading blowjobs for candy bars an' shit.  I bet he looked at you all heartbroken, huh?  Those big ol' puppy dog eyes seeing you for what you really are.  Sure, I heard ya'll kiss an' make up, but I bet it bothers ya, don't it? And that's why you should be terrified, darlin'."  For once it doesn't matter that Jett is taller.  Gally is going to cut the boy without ever having to touch him.  He made a mistake last night.  And he's made it worse now by bringing Malakai into the conversation. "You done screwed the pooch  and showed me just what your weakness is.  Now I could threaten to whoop your ass, and I would, but i'm sure you'd just get up and ask for more."  Galileo smiled, but it was a cruel thing.  He spoke with conviction, a promise to retaliate.  "But Boyd?  It would surely be unfortunate for a pussy like him to take a beating like that.  An' yeah, you can threaten me with Thatcher all you want sweetheart, but im passed that now.  Hell, if he kicked me out he'd be doing me a favor.  I'd finally have some fuckin' peace and quiet.  So you better think long and hard when running your mouth off at me, Jones. I ain't got nothing you can take from me no more. I know you're a bitch on wheels, but you got a weakness for Boyd.  It would be all your fault if something bad happened to him."  Gally's hands twitch, fingers curling into fists. He already wants a piece of Boyd for hurting Malakai.  Jett is doing nothing but tempting him to finally square up with the boy.  "Could you live with that, sugar?  Knowing you're the reason sweet little old Boyd has a target on his back?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:32 am

Carter is on board, smiling and leaning into Oleander's touch. Ollie has him.
Until the ring comes off.
It's like a bucket of ice water has been dumped over his head, snapping him out of whatever weird trance he'd just been in. He's scrambling off the couch so fast it's almost comical then, hurriedly fishing the ring out of his pocket and shoving it back onto his finger.
"I-I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry." He's shaking his head furiously, unsure of why he had even made such a comment. This boy had to have some sort of hypnotizing superpower. Was that something werewolves could do? "I need to... go ask Eustass something." And with that he was stumbling towards the kitchen.

"Hmm, I wonder where he gets all that stubbornness from?" Thatcher teased softly. "It's your own fault. You created that monster." He chuckled, relaxing in Eustass's embrace until he was startled by the door being shoved open. "Oh, hey Carter. You scared me half to death there."
"Sorry." Carter sighed. "I just uh... wanted to come say hi." He didn't know how to tell Eustass that truly he had only come in here to hide from his son. "Think the two other wolves you mentioned are about to fight again." He tried to change the subject as his heart rate slowed back to normal.

Jett's eyes narrow as he steps closer, forcing Gally to tilt his head completely upwards if he wants to see his face.
"Ya know, I'm almost pretty scared right now. You're right, you could probably kick Boyd's ass pretty bad." There's a brief pause. "If you could reach him." He sneers, moving to shove his hands hard against Gally's chest. He knows it's stupid to let Gally know that Boyd is in fact the way to get to him, the way to piss him off. But at the moment he doesn't care. He will just have to ensure that he never leaves Boyd's side with Gally around. "Fuck off and go let Mal suck your dick some more or whatever it is you have to do."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 am

Galileo is tempted to swing the moment Jett's hands make contact with his chest,it gives him a perfect excuse, but the beta restrains himself, merely correcting his stance. Jett couldn't move him with a simple shove. If the boy wanted him to budge it would take more than a petty temper tantrum.
"Is that all you got? Really Jones? Ya ain't gonn' threaten me back?" Truly its funny. Jett knows he is weak, that Boyd makes him weak. He knows that Gally knows. "Just gonn' throw out a short joke and tell me to go let Mal suck my dick? Wow, thats pretty pathetic for someone so slick at the mouth as you. What, cat got your tongue? Don't like having Boyd's safety on the line, do ya? Awh shucks, how sweet." The boy doesnt ever let him have peace. Galileo hopes that he loses sleep over this, the guilt of knowing Boyd might be in danger all because of him. Gally is happy to let him think it, too. Encourages it. He wants to see Jett squirming. Wants to know the boy cant stop thinking about him and all the terrible things he's capable of.

Oleander can only blink as Carter backtracks, scrambling off the couch so fast Ollie isnt even sure whats happened until the man is fishing the ring out of his pocket.
Oleander deflates at the sight, he'd been sure he was getting somewhere. "Was it something I said?" He watches Carter disappear into the kitchen and swallows back the familiar bitter taste of rejection. The boy presses into the couch as though praying it might consume him.
Well, this was a first. Oleander thinks sourly. No one had ever just run away from him before.
So maybe he'd gone just a little too fast. He can fix that. Ollie doesn't mind the chase. He finds it thrilling.

Eustass can only groan into Thatcher's shoulder. Of course Gally and Jett were fighting. Of course Oleander had run Carter out of the living room. The alpha takes a moment to lament having to leave his mate, pressing one last kiss to the nape of Thatcher's neck before squaring his shoulders. He turns to Carter, carefully patting the betas back. The mans panic had made his stomach roll. He didn't turn to leave until he can hear Carter's heartbeat regulating.
"Sorry about Oleander kid. I'll uh, I'll try talking to him so you can have some peace." Eustass already knew that talking would simply turn into fighting, but he couldnt just let his son run rampant around the home, making people so obviously uncomfortable.
The alpha stepped into the living room. He wasn't surprised to see Gally and Jett standing chest to chest, bowing up at each other as though preparing for a showdown.
At least this meant Galileo was out of Malakai's bedroom. Eustass could take comfort in that.
"It is too damn early in the morning for this shit. You two are going to break it up, right now, or i'll deal with you both myself. We have a new pack mate here for gods sake! He probably thinks you're both psychotic!" The alpha hadn't meant to raise his voice, but he needs to get his point across. If they keep acting like monsters, Carter is going to leave and never return. Eustass wouldn't even blame him for it. So he raises his voice-
And to his utter amazement, Galileo steps towards him. For a moment the alpha is enraged. He thinks he's being challenged.
But Gally isnt challenging him. The boys shoulders are slumped in defeat, he does nothing to make himself seem intimidating. He simply steps forward, and stands between Eustass and Jett.
The alpha is baffled when he realizes Galileo thinks him dangerous, so much that he's decided to body block him just in case he's tempted to lash out.
Eustass vacantly wonders just what this kid has lived through. He doesnt stop though, merely reaches up to pinch the bridge of his nose in exasperation. "You guys know what it's like to get the bite and have your lives change drastically overnight. You know what a pain it can be integrating into a pack." The alpha has lowered his voice, but he's still firm when he speaks. "So how about you both be considerate, decent human beings and give him some peace. Make him feel welcomed. Or at the very least stay the hell away from each other. If you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything at all. Now I want you two at separate ends of the house before your hatred tears this place apart. Go." Eustass's jaw was clenched in what could only be described as frustration. He stares them down until Galileo finally raises his hands in defeat, backing slowly towards the front door.
"Sure alpha man. Whatever you say. Im gone."

Eustass waits until Galileo has disappeared before turning on Oleander. The boy had been expecting his turn to come around, was sitting with his legs crossed while watching the show unfold. When Eustass looks at him, lips pursed and eyebrows drawn, Oleander can only smile back in mock innocence.
"Is something wrong, daddy?"
Eustass's eyebrow twitches. "Oleander, don't play dumb with me ya. You know what you're doing and i've already told you to stop."
The young wolf isnt phased, he merely grins wider, flashes his teeth. He has Thatcher's smile, knows it makes Eustass weak.
"Come on dad, i'm eighteen. Don't you think it's time you stop hovering?" Ollie knows he is walking on thin ice, but he can't bring himself to care.
"This isn't just about you being rebellious and dating whoever you want, Oleander. That man is married. He has a person waiting for him at home, someone who by the looks of it loves him very much. Are you really so heartless that you don't care?"
Ollie thought back to last night, remembers a lion's mane of hair and a boy who'd growled like a werewolf when Carter had been touched. For a moment Oleander pities him. For a moment, Oleander considers letting Carter go.
Eustass made a mistake by calling him heartless. Throwing that word out so casually. It tips the scales. Ollie deserves to be a little heartless after all this time, having his own heart handled rough, dropped at Nikita's feet and kicked back to him. Heartless, his father had called him.
"Are you really surprised that I don't care? Shocked by my lack of heart?" Oleander spoke the words mockingly, rolling his eyes so hard Eustass fears they might get stuck.
"Please, get over yourself. Not everyone bleeds love and compassion like you dad. I certainly don't. And you can try and guilt trip me into leaving Carter alone, you can forbid me and whatever else you think of, but remember that the harder you push, the harder i'll push back." They are staring at each other, neither of them willing to back down. Eustass has never wanted to strike one of his children, but Oleander is pushing him to extremes. The boy wont be reasoned with, and he isnt sure what else to do. They are at an impasse. A stalemate.

Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 am

Carter is the one who finally steps in between the father and son, breaking the staring contest they seem to have been having. He had been listening from the kitchen doorway, watching the situation progress. He hadn't meant to cause such a fight between the two. He wanted to stop it.
And he had seen something while he was observing the argument. Something akin to hurt in Ollie's eyes when his father called him heartless. A glimmer of compassion when Eustass mentioned Misery.
The boy had a heart, he wasn't just some evil seductress trying to ruin his marriage. This was just a kid with a crush. It made Ollie more approachable somehow, less hypnotizing, although he was definitely still beautiful.
Carter could handle a kid with a crush.
"I didn't mean to start all of this, I'm sorry." He apologizes sincerely as he steps between them. "It's okay. I'll try to talk to Ollie, maybe we can work things out on our own." He isn't sure this plan will work this time, even if he knows Ollie has a heart somewhere in there now. But he figures there's no harm in trying. Especially because seeing Eustass angry with the boy doesn't sit well with him for some reason. He wants to stop it. "Looks like you've got a lot on your plate with those two fighting all the time, I can uh, try to handle this one." He nods more firmly than he feels, sitting back down beside Ollie though leaving plenty of space this time.

Jett had moved to stand against the wall as Eustass scolded him and Gally. Sure, he might act like a hardass, but Eustass being upset with him never failed to shut his big mouth. He hoped Gally never realized this, knew the bastard would use it against him somehow. But Eustass was the only real parental figure he had ever had. The only one who had ever cared enough to scold him at all. The man rarely did that though so when he was upset enough to yell, Jett knew it was serious.
He was hanging his head, waiting for Eustass to finish his conversation with Ollie so he could apologize. It meant a lot that he cared enough to even apologize at all, let alone wait around just to make sure he got to do so properly. Jett Jones didn't say sorry to just anyone. Eustass and Boyd were pretty much it. Boyd was his entire life and well, Eustass was the reason he was still alive at all. Eustass had given him the best life he'd ever known, a wonderful life with a home and a loving family.
A simple apology was the least he could do to show his gratitude, especially when even he could admit he was the one to start the fight in the first place.
So he waited until Carter diffused the situation, making his way to the alpha's side before he could go back to the kitchen with Thatcher.
"I'm sorry, sir. The fight, it was my fault. I'll try to hold back in front of Carter from now on." It was sincere, cobalt blue eyes meeting the alpha's gaze.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Eustass stared his son down for only a moment longer before finally relenting. Maybe Carter would be able to talk some sense into the boy. He himself had obviously gotten nowhere fast.
Oleander shoved his body back into the couch, once again wishing it would swallow him up. He pretends not to notice how much space Carter has put between them.
"I liked you better when you were running away with your tail between your legs." He hates that the man had been here to witness Eustass scolding him like some child. His cheeks burned hot with embarrassment, and for the first time since Carter entered the home, Oleander wouldn't look at him. The boy was staring at a patch of carpet, nose scrunched as though he'd been personally offended.
"I appreciate you trying to be a knight in shining armour and saving me from the big red dragon, but for your sake it's probably best to keep some distance. You're married, remember? And i'm evidently a heartless man-eater. I can fight my own battles just fine." He even wins most of them.
But not the ones that count. Never the ones that matter. Oleander thinks about Nikita, wonders if he ever made plans with whoever had been texting his phone. He can picture the Russian fumbling around his room, digging through laundry in order to find a sleek white or black shirt to go with his signature leather jacket. Oleander loves that jacket. He loves the owner of the jacket.
He wishes Nikita wore it for him more often. The Russian never goes on a date without it.

Eustass was so exasperated he hadn't noticed Jett until the boy was standing at his side. He looked down at cobalt blue eyes and felt his heart melt. Guilt twisted knots in his stomach, and Eustass almost looks pained. "Jesus kid, I didn't meant to yell at you like that. I'm sorry I had to go and raise my voice." The alpha looks genuinely ashamed. He hardly ever loses his temper so quickly, especially when Jett is involved. The beta had become family in no time, embedded himself in Eustass's heart, too deep to ever be retrieved. "I appreciate you coming to talk to me ya. If you hadn't i'd have probably felt terrible all day." The alpha sweeps Jett against his chest using both arms, a bear hug like he would give one of his own children after an argument. "You know just because I yelled it doesn't mean I love you any less, right? We're okay. And thank you for listening. Carter is already shifty because Oleander wont stay out of his lap. If you and Gally could wait until he leaves to try and kill each other so I can referee that would be great." Eustass carefully sits Jett back on his feet, but didn't pull away without first ruffling the boys hair. He smiles like a proud father, having a moment with his son.
Galileo walked back through the door just in time to witness it. The beta stopped, stared, and merely shook his head before making his way to the staircase. Lord know he didn't want to stick around long enough for the alpha to notice him. Gally isn't surprised to see that Eustass and Jett have already made up. He tells himself he doesn't care.
He does.
At least now he has his patch, and can hopefully spend two hours in peace fixing the hole he'd made that opened his room up to Jett's.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 2:04 pm

"I had a feeling you could fight your own battles but you weren't looking like some heartless maneater. You looked almost human so I figured I'd play knight in shining armor for a while." Carter smiled softly as he spoke, even going so far as to reach over to place a hand on Ollie's shoulder. "I like you better like this, when you're not doing that seductress act that makes me act like I'm an awkward teenager again." He chuckled, figuring honesty was the best policy when it came to this situation. There was no hiding how Ollie had made him act, he might as well admit it. "I am really sorry for running away though. I really did want to be friends but turns out I'm not very good at being friends with beautiful boys. I'm going to give it another shot though, because I do like you and like I said, I could use a friend. What do you say? I'll excuse you flirting sometimes if you can excuse me occasionally running away."

Jett enjoys the bear hug from his alpha more than he'd ever let anyone know. It's a comfort he had never known before Eustass, a parent hugging him and telling him everything was fine between them, reassuring him of their love. It might seem simple to most people but it was something Jett would never take for granted.
"Don't worry, I know you can't stay mad at me for too long." Jett smirked softly up at the alpha. "But I'll try my hardest to behave until the new guy gets used to us." He looks over just in time to see Gally entering the front door, staring at them and shaking his head.
He wants to say something, wants to ask the man if he'd like a picture, it'd last longer.
But for once, he refrains. Only for Eustass.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 6:09 am

The boy kept his expression passive, but there was nothing he could do to stop the heat crawling up his neck. Carter liked him better like this? Jesus, how pathetic. He'd spent years perfecting that damn seductress act, and Nikita hadn't liked it either. Ollie cursed himself, and this useless fucking couch that wont let him disappear.
The boy only picked his head up when he felt a hand on his shoulder, unfamiliar in weight. He had to see in order to believe that it was Carter, touching him. That is dangerous. The man would be smart to set boundaries while Ollie is still willing to accept them. "You're doing it again, Mr.Kensington. Don't tease me. I'll have to tease back. I'm very competitive like that." Oleander wasn't particularly concerned with Carter running away. He was fast on his feet. The man could run but there was no way to hide. Oleander would always find him eventually.
"You really could use a friend though, huh? Someone to teach you all the tricks dad doesn't know how to explain." The boy pauses for a moment of obvious consideration, his nose scrunched in thought. Finally he seems to reach a decision, hand moving up to pluck Carter's from his shoulder.
He holds it between elegant fingers, focused.
"When you want to use your claws, you have to keep in mind what you want to do with them. You cant just want them. You have imagine what you're going to do with them." Oleander demonstrated, taking a moment to flex his hand, expression bored as his claws appeared.
"You see? I have an end goal." His fingers constrict around Carter's hand, thumb gently scraping along the mans palm. His claws never broke skin, but it would be near impossible for Carter to make him let go. "I wanted to hold on tighter. Simple as that. Practice, and you'll blow dad's mind with how quickly you get it." Oleander didn't share secrets with just anyone. He'd only ever made an effort to help Jett learn, and now Carter. He was more eloquent than his father, and while he did suffer with Eustass's temper, he'd been blessed with Thatcher's patience. "Alright. This officially makes us friends. And since we are friends, you can't go telling anyone about Ollie's super secret learning methods." The boy finally loosened his grip on Carter's hand, but he had yet to let go completely. "Shake on it."

Eustass looked over just in time to see Galileo staring at them, but he was more impressed by the fact that Jett saw and didn't say anything. Eustass waited a moment, but Jett let Galileo go without comment. The alpha's heart swelled with pride, so much that he feared his chest was going to burst, unable to contain it all.
"I saw that." Eustass grins down a the boy. He looks like an adoring father, one arm still curled around Jett's shoulder, keeping the boy close. "I know it probably almost killed you not to say anything. So I appreciate that much more, kid. Really. And when he leaves you two can go back to waging war on each other. Or whatever it is you two do." He understands that Jett and Galileo aren't friends, but they can't seem to stay away from each other. Eustass doesn't believe there's as much hate between them as they claim. Or maybe there is. Maybe they just love to hate each other.
"It wont be long until breakfast is ready. Considering he's not holding your hand right now, im going to assume Boyd is still sleeping ya. Maybe he can keep you occupied until you and Gally can be at each other throats some more."
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 7:40 am

For a moment, Carter only stares at the other wolf, amazed. How was this kid so smart? Everyone else had given him generic bullshit like "you'll get it eventually," or "it's tough, it'll take some practice." But Ollie had given him something to start with, he had actually put it into words, something Carter could practice.
He's clearly concentrating as he keeps hold of the boy's hand, fingers flexing like Ollie's had a moment ago. It takes a while, several minutes of silence as he struggles to figure out his new form. Finally, claws form and Carter grins excitedly closing them around the much smaller hand he's holding without breaking skin.
"Deal." He shakes Ollie's hand, the triumphant smile never leaving his face. "I wanted to hold on tighter." He explains, voice almost teasing as he lets the boy's hand go. He doesn't know if he'll be able to recreate this effect again but it's a start. And he has Ollie to thank for it. "Thank you, really. You know, you should probably be helping your dad teach this stuff. You're good. That's the first thing that's made any sense to me." Sure, he can't get the claws to go away now but still, he's just happy that they came out when he wanted them to instead of just when his emotions were running wild.

Jett smiles up at the alpha, basking in the man's praise when he ignores Gally completely. It's one of the few feelings that is almost better than seeing he's gotten under Galileo's skin.
Almost.
"You know, I like the way you think, sir." Jett grins slyly. "I'll go see him. Maybe he can pass the time. Thank you!" He hugs the man around the waist once more before disappearing and darting up the stairs. He heads to his room and is determined not to say anything to Gally. The first thing he does when he enters is grab one of his shirts and hang it so it's covering the hole in the wall. Then he crawls on the bed, taking a moment to appreciate how handsome Boyd is when he sleeps. He rests his head on the boy's shirtless chest, fingers teasingly trailing up and down his side just so he will be graced with a blush as soon as his lover wakes.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 am

Oleander blinks, mouth falling open as he realizes Carter is teasing him.  Since when did this man find his nerve?  Maybe he really did need a friend in order to be comfortable in this new environment. It occurs to him that he could be spiteful if he wanted to.  Carter knew he was able to teach, and he'd be justified to refuse helping the man on the grounds that he was married and Oleander had a crush.
Usually it would have been easy for him to cut Carter off, leave him to fend for himself.
But that smile he wore, so radiant and victorious. It made Ollie's stomach flutter in a way that had only ever happened around Nikita. He doesn't want to take this small comfort away from Carter. Oleander realizes, horrified, that he actually cares about this man. It matters to him that Carter is smiling instead of running away.
It mattered that Carter ran away, and came back.
The boy realizes he'd been staring, gracefully regains composure despite the embarrassment heating his blood.
"Now why would I do that?  You've got me twisted if for one second you think i'm kind.  People have to earn Oleander's super secret learning methods.  If I taught dad all my tricks he'd teach them to everyone else, and that would be tragic because I like watching the newbies struggle."  Oleander raises a clawed hand for Carter to see, and slowly, deliberately, pokes Carter in the chest, right over his heart.  There is no pain though, no skin is ever punctured.  When Oleander brings his hand away, the claws have vanished.
"I wanted to touch you without hurting you." The boy wore a sly smirk, finally dropping his hand back into his lap.  "That's lesson number two. Now with just a little bit more time and effort, you'll be a pro at using your claws. All thanks to me." Oleander leaned into the couch, legs crossed elegantly at the knee.  Blonde fringe hung just above morning mist eyes, and the boy smiles, satisfied.  "Damn i'm good.  I deserve a medal."

Boyd's nose twitched at the contact, a long arm reaching out to curl around the boys waist on instinct.  His eyes fluttered open delicately, Jett's face the first his tired mind recognizes.  The boy smiles, sleepy and sheepish.
"Jett?"  He mutters, his voice hoarse with sleep.  The boy twists his head up a bit as he blinks himself slowly towards full consciousness. "Is it time to get up already?"  
Galileo can be heard in his room next door.  He doesn't speak, but with the hole its easy to hear each time he moves around.  
With the hole, its easy for him to hear Jett and Boyd being sick and sappy in the next room.  Galileo thinks of sharks and sand and sunshine.  He thinks of the ocean and drowning and concrete. He thinks, and tries not to hear them being soft with each other.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:54 pm

"You are good." Carter nods in agreement, amazed smile still on his face. This kid is gorgeous, clever, and enjoyable to talk to. He's going to make some man very happy some day.
Carter has to take a moment to remind himself that that man is not him because he is already very happy.
Of course he is. Misery is also gorgeous, clever, and enjoyable to talk to. He's a lucky man. He knows this, doesn't know why Ollie suddenly makes him question it.
"Since you like to see the newbies struggle so much, I'm honored you've gifted me with your super secret Ollie tips." He holds his hands out in front of himself, eyeing his claws and trying to concentrate on what he wants to do next. Finally his claws cooperate and disappear as he moves to tuck a stray strand of hair behind Ollie's ear. "Look at that, I'm already learning."

"It is, sleepyhead." Jett croons softly, heart swelling as he slowly watches his lover wake up. It's one of his favorite sights, watching the sleep fall away from the boy. "I already had my coffee and everything. I had to come back up here though, I was missing you too much. Time to rise and shine." He smirks, realizing how sappy he sounds. It's almost sickening, even to him. If he heard anyone else talking like this he'd want to punch them in the face. He tries his hardest to ignore the man moving in the room next door even though just his presence is enough to infuriate Jett on a bad day.
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 9:48 am

Oleander still misses Nikita. He still wonders what the Russian is doing, and who he is doing it with. But Carter is gorgeous when he smiles, and it's a welcome distraction.
"Well, you are easy on the eyes. And even though you ran away, you still came back to save me from big red and his long ass lectures. I figured you'd earned the help." He watches as Carter holds his hands out, the man's face set with concentration. It's endearing, and despite his usual reservations Oleander can't help but smile. With Nikita he spends shameful amounts of time being self conscious of everything he does. He wants the Russian to think of him as alluring and sexy.
He wants Nikita to want him. But with Carter? He has given on up on the whole seductress act. Who is he kidding, the man is married. It would be cruel of him to keep pursuing Carter like this. The man does like him, that much was obvious. But he also seems to love his husband back home, had panicked the moment his ring was removed. It would be wrong of Oleander to ruin his marriage. Carter was happy. Ollie didn't want to take that away from him.
The boy is shocked to feel fingers graze his cheek, tucking hair behind his ear. While he had been brooding, Carter had been focused on learning this new trick. Oleander is genuinely impressed he'd managed it so quickly, and he's highly disturbed by the flutter he feels at the contact. No one but Nikita had ever given him butterflies.
Oh no.
This was bad. This was so, so very bad. Oleander had wanted to flirt. He'd wanted a distraction-
He'd never wanted to actually feel anything for this man. This very married man. Ollie wipes the look of shock from his face, and carefully tries to figure out what he can say to stop this from getting out of hand. "Look at that, you are learning. That's impressive. But i'm going to remind you that touching counts as teasing. You're a handsome man, and i'm a horny teenager. Your husband probably wouldn't like the touching, because I like the touching." The boy almost seems embarrassed to admit such a thing, but he powers through it. "See that? We're friends now so i'm giving you fair warning." He can't take another heartbreak. He can't risk feeling real things for Carter. It would end badly, he just knew.
Oleander takes a deep breath, and hopes to change the subject.
"So, now that you've got that down, what's next? Anything else big red couldn't explain?"

Boyd reached up to rub the sleep from his eyes, a tired wine sounding as he curled himself around Jett, lanky limbs enveloping the boy completely. "You should've woke me up when you got up. I love drinking coffee with you in the mornings." His voice is still rasping, warm-whisky eyes having taken on a bright glimmer as he gazes up at Jett's face. "Gosh, you are so beautiful. It should be illegal to be so pretty this early in the morning." He always looks at the boy with such adoration, like Jett was a dream come true. "How late did I sleep? Is everyone else up?" Boyd glanced over at the wall. Even though Jett has hung a shirt over the hole he can still see Galileo's shadow moving around in the next room. He wondered how long the beta had been there, listening.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Carter merely stared at the boy for a moment, thinking over what he had said.
"I appreciate you reminding me. I think I like having you as a friend." He smiled softly. It was true, he was already grateful to have a friendly face around here. And now, if Ollie was even willing to let him know when he was flirting too much, there was no reason they couldn't be friends, right? "I'll try not to be such a tease." He chuckled as he glanced down at his hands, clawless now. "Your dad answered most of my questions, I think... but I'm sure there's something I could use some super secret Ollie help with." He considered Ollie's question, thinking of any other questions he had. There were so many, of course, but most of them he can't put into words. Finally, he asks the one thing that truly bothers him, the thing that hasn't left his mind since last night. "Have you ever... hurt somebody? Like just lost control of it and hurt someone? How do you... not do that?"

Jett can only smile as Boyd compliments him, curling into the boy's chest. It never gets old, lying here and appreciating Boyd's arms around him.
"I know you like to get up with me but I like to get up and have my coffee so then I can come back up here when I'm really awake so I can fully appreciate how damn cute you look right when you wake up." He teased lightly, though he is completely serious as he moves to nuzzle his boyfriend's neck. "I think everyone else is up but Mal, I haven't seen him yet. Don't worry though, you didn't sleep too late." He follows Boyd's gaze to the hole in the wall. "Like what I did there? Perfect, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Oleander would have laughed had Carter not looked so grave and terrified. It dawned on him that this was important. The way he answered this would either soothe the man's fears or make them worse. Either way, Ollie was going to be honest and thorough. Carter deserved to have all the information. "I myself have never hurt anyone. I have better control because I was born this way. I've had eighteen years to learn what makes me tick and how to use it. But you haven't. So i'm going to be really honest with you. I can see you're kinda scared, but i'm not sugar coating it. You could potentially hurt someone if you aren't careful. I doubt you'd ever just lose control, but us werewolves, we're very strong. You don't know your own strength anymore. You might feel like you're holding something normally, but it will break in your hand because your normal isnt the same." Oleander was fiddling with his hands, a sign that always indicated he was deep in thought. This next part would be slightly harder to explain, but he was determined to do this right. He wouldn't give vague answers like Eustass or anyone else. Oleander had been blessed with eloquence, he was going to use it so Carter could easier understand this new way of life. "And since you do have a husband, i'm going to ahead and warn you that you're going to shift during sex. It will take you years to learn how to control that, and sometimes it's impossible. Some werewolves who can't cope with being so rough usually wind up mating with another wolf. But it's not like you just lose your mind and hurt them. You just....You have to be mindful of claws, and fangs, and again you have to watch out for your strength. But if you love whoever you're with, your wolf will too. And it will be inclined to be more careful. Especially if you're with your mate. Mates are sacred to werewolves. They have power over us. So if your mate or husband tells you to stop, you will stop. Because your wolf wont like the sound of them hurting. Simple as that." The boy gave Carter a moment to process, already deciding how he would explain this next part. "The full moon would be the closest you ever come to losing control I think. It gives your wolf more power. But the thing about that is, your wolf isnt some mindless monster. It still knows who its family is. If you were attacked, it was most likely a bad person who just also happened to be a wolf. They would already have a taste for blood. They would already be malicious and hateful. They'd want to feel powerful. Some packs lock everyone up as a precaution, because honestly no one knows what they will be like on a full moon. It makes you free. It lets your wolf loose to do everything you want to do normally but might not ever do otherwise. Dad keeps everyone in the house, but he's never had to lock anyone up if that tells you anything. And I've very rarely heard of wolves just losing their temper and snapping but its possible I guess, if they are hurt enough. But like I said, it's so rare i've only ever heard old stories from dad."

Boyd let out a soft hum of contentment as he feels Jett's face nuzzle against his neck. God, the boy is always so warm. He sets Boyd's skin on fire, leaves him feeling as though his blood has gone hot. He can't even bring himself to care about Gally and the hole in their wall, not with Jett curled into him like this.
"It is. I'm not surprised though. Everything you do is perfect." When Boyd says these things, he isn't doing it to be sweet. He says what he believes, and he believes Jett to be perfect in every way. The boy could never do any wrong as far as Boyd is concerned.
"Thank you for coming back to snuggle me awake. It's my favorite way to wake up in the mornings." There was nothing better than opening his eyes and seeing Jett's face before anything else. It's as if even though he's awake, the dreams never end.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

"I've never been a strong guy." Carter sighed softly, looking down at himself and wondering just how strong he really was now. "You can tell, I'm scrawny. I've never had to be careful with him before... I learned the whole sex thing the hard way last night. I... I didn't know. I hurt him. He said he was fine but I mean, I've never hurt him before, you know?" His eyes flickered up to meet Ollie's gunmetal orbs. He found them comforting in a strange way. He had just met this kid but already he wanted to be closer to him, was opening up to him. "All I want to do is be with him but I'm fucking scared to. I don't trust myself anymore." He knew he had just told Ollie he would stop the touching but he doesn't do it on purpose. His hand reaches out to take Ollie's again almost without his knowledge. He wants to be closer to this boy and he doesn't even fully understand why. "What about that mate thing you mentioned? Is that just like a werewolf word for your partner? Do you choose them or is it different than that?" He attempts to change the subject, not wanting to think about last night more than he has to. And he truly is curious about the mate thing.

Malakai frowns when he wakes up alone. He forces himself out of bed and slips into a comfortable shirt and sweatpants to wear around the house for the day since he doesn't have anywhere else to be. He can't be bothered to look nice if the only ones that will see him are family. Then he makes his way down the hallway until he arrives in Gally's doorway, folding his arms across his chest as he peers in at the man.
"You know, it's not very gentlemanly of you to leave me alone the morning after." He's teasing of course as he enters, watching the man work and ignoring the voices coming from next door. "Would it kill you to sleep in with me?" A smile plays on plump pink lips as he moves forward to see if there's anything he can do to help.

Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Oleander was someone who had little time for sympathy. He cared only for his family and himself. He didn't have room in his heart for more. And yet here he was, his stomach in knots as Carter confided in him, telling Ollie things that had obviously been bothering him, weighing heavily on his mind. The boy doubts he's mentioned this to anyone else. Oleander wants to reassure him that things would work out, they always do. But Carter seemed desperate to change the subject, and Ollie wasn't looking to make him uncomfortable. They'd have a chance to talk more about it later, he's sure of that.
"It's very different. Like I said, it's a sacred bond between werewolves. You can have a partner and you can love them and they might not be your mate. Your mate is someone your soul chooses, and your wolf can sense them. They are....It's hard to explain about a mate. You can't stay away from them. It would physically and mentally exhaust you to try and avoid your mate, because your wolf is restless without them." Carter is holding his hand again. He doesn't even seem to notice, but it's all Oleander can think about. The mans hand is soft, warm. Suddenly it's not so terrible that Nikita might be on a date right now, because Carter is here with him, holding his hand. Oleander knows the responsible thing is to let go, bring it to Carter's attention and remind him again that touching is teasing. But for just this one moment, Ollie is going to be selfish. It's not like they're hurting anyone. Nobody needs to know. "A mate is the biggest comfort a wolf has. A mating bond is so strong that sometimes losing a mate can be deadly. Wolves can die of a broken heart. Sometimes they heal, they find someone else. But nothing ever replaces a mate. When you meet them, you'll know. Even if you're in love with someone else, you'll be so drawn to this person. You can hear their heartbeating and you can feel when they are happy, when they are sad. It doesnt matter where you are. My mom is a soldier, so he spends a lot of time oversea. And still, dad knows when he's having a good day. He can hear mom's heart. And they are so connected that mom can get bruised during field work and dad will go around all day hurting in that spot. It's kinda mystical, and just a little bit magical." Oleander wore an almost dreamy smile, his mist grey gaze falling to their joined hands. He'd always wanted to find his mate, feared he would be one of the rare cases that simply went their entire lives alone, maybe because their mate has already died, or chooses to stay with someone else despite the bond. That would be Ollie's luck.
"Im sure you'll learn more about this fast though since you're already married. You can probably sense how your husband is feeling right now if you focused hard enough." The boys smile faltered, twisted into something smaller, bitter sweet. He pulled his hand away, as though ashamed he'd let Carter hold it in the first place.

Galileo smirks as he hears Malakai's footsteps approaching from the hallway. He was always happy to have a friend. His pride would never allow him to openly admit such a thing, but Galileo missed Malakai whenever the boy wasn't around. He knows it's dangerous, to have gotten so attached. But there was no going back now, and even if he could Gally wouldn't want to. Having Malakai in his life is worth the risk of hurt.
"Don't go sayin' things like that now Sweetheart. Daddy dearest is gonn' hear you an' have my hide for it." He honestly didn't doubt that Eustass was listening in on them. The man seemed to have eyes everywhere, heard everything.
"I'd have liked to sleep in with ya doll, but again, I gotta reckon your daddy was gonn' be assuming the worst. I'd have to go live in Roxanne if he got to thinkin' I was makin' googly eyes at his precious baby." It was a rare thing, Gally teasing. He only ever did it with Malakai. "And it might jus' kill me if this hole stays here any longer. I'll be damned if im going to listen to their lovey dovey bull shit all day." The man huffs as he finally applies the patch, completely covering the hole. It would take a few more adjustments, but soon Galileo would have his privacy back. The first thing he'd do was go down to the corner store and buy a padlock for his fucking door.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 pm

"You should write poetry." Carter's voice is quiet when he finally speaks, eyes following Ollie's hand when it is finally pulled away. He hadn't realized he was holding it but misses the warmth once it's gone. "You speak so eloquently, you'd write beautiful things. Just listening to you talk is calming. You should think about it." His lips quirk upwards into a tiny smile as he looks up to make eye contact again. "The mate thing sounds amazing, especially the way you explain it." He realizes he's doing it again, staring at Ollie like he's the only other person on earth, his heart skipping a few beats. So he tries to focus on Misery instead, wondering if he could truly feel his husband's emotions from this far away. It sounded crazy.
He's silent for a while as he tries to think of Misery back at their home, waiting for him, probably still with Cove and Andy. For a moment he thinks he might feel the man worrying about him but he isn't sure if it's real or if he just knows his husband so well that he knows that's exactly what he's doing without having to feel it.
"He's worried about me." He says it anyways, even though he's not positive he really felt it.

"Thank God you're fixing that. Maybe I can come over here more often then without wanting to barf." Mal laughed softly as he moved to sit on the edge of Gally's mattress, ignoring the strong scent of alcohol that still flooded the room. He can hear the couple next door and knows they can hear him. He hopes so. He that Boyd knows he's hurting, that he still cares somewhere deep down. He knows it's stupid but still, he hopes. He can't help it. "So how's your morning been, handyman? It's too early to be working and shit."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Oleander doesn't miss the way Carter's eyes had followed his hand, tries to ignore the way his stomach flutters.  "You call me eloquent but it seems like you're the one with a silver tongue, Mr. Kensington.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to charm me." And again, it was working.  Oleander wondered if this was how he'd gotten his husband, sweet talking until the lucky guy had no choice but to fall in love and marry him.  Carter has fallen into silence.  Ollie opens his mouth once as if to say something, but closes it upon realizing the man was attempting to sense his husband.  Oleander waits, and some dark terrible part of himself wishes that Carter would come away with nothing, that maybe his husband isn't his mate after all.
A part of him hopes that he still has a chance.
But then Carter is speaking, distinguishing that last flicker of hope that warmed Ollie's chest.  The boy was left feeling cold, and almost lonely, but he smiles anyways.
"Well look at you.  Only two days into being a werewolf and you can already sense your husband."  He knows he should say mate, but he doesn't.  The words are sour in his mind.  He knows they sound bitter hitting the air.
"That's pretty impressive, I gotta say.  You might be more cut out for this than you realize. So don't worry as much.  I think you're going to be fine, and even if you're not, you have me now. I'm pretty magical myself."  

Galileo felt something ache behind his ribcage as Malakai spoke, knowing the boy was hoping that Boyd would hear him. He hated that Malakai wastes his time with someone so undeserving. Boyd had already hurt Mal once, intentional or not. The careless little bastard didnt deserve a second chance as far as Gally is concerned.
"That's doubtful darlin'. Even without this hole, they're fuckin' disgustin'. And they ain't none too quiet about it, either." Galileo finished setting the patch. All he had to do now is wait for it to dry. "Maybe your daddy might wise up and jus' start lettin' me hang around your room more." It would surely help his constant headaches. Nothing grated on his nerves like the sound of Jett and Boyd sucking face in the next room.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Carter can tell Ollie is disappointed. He doesn't know why, since he's just met this boy, but it makes something inside of him ache. He wants to help, to make him feel better somehow. He wants to reach for his hand again but restrains himself.
"You do seem pretty magical. We've only been talking for like twenty minutes and already I'm becoming a pro at this whole werewolf thing." He's joking softly, voice verging on teasing. He won't admit it but he wants to try to be charming again, if only to hear Ollie call him "Mr. Kensington" again. It's something he's called often and yet it sounds so beautiful coming from those lips. He'd never tire of hearing it. "But I appreciate all of your help. Maybe you're right, I don't seem so bad at this so far."

"That would definitely be nice." Mal smiled at Gally's words, thinking of the man being able to come into his room without everyone ready to crucify him. He doubted it would ever happen but still, the thought was nice. "I might have to start charming daddy. If I pull out the puppy dog eyes, he'll give in in no time." He giggled, lying back on the mattress and reaching out to grab Gally's hand, urging the man to sit with him. "Come on, take a break. You did all your hard work for the day."
Back to top Go down
Galileo Gray

Galileo Gray

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Oleander wants to brood, it's what he's best at. Carter makes it impossible though. Why waste time being miserable when such a handsome was sitting at his side, trying to joke with him?
"You've gotten this far in just twenty minutes, just think of what you could do with an entire day." Oleander plucked Carter's cellphone from his front pocket, taking a moment to add his number into the man's contacts before handing it back.
"In case you have questions you want real answers to. The next time you come I can start helping you with the shift." The boy smirked, teasing. "Unless of course you'd rather spend the day struggling to learn from big red."

Had it been anyone else, Galileo would have brushed them off.  There was more work to be done.  The acrid smell of alcohol caused deep set aches behind his eyes, but it could wait for a few more hours. For Malakai, it could wait.
Gally moves to sit on the bed, just close enough for their shoulders to brush.  
"Alright darlin', ya got me here.  What can I do for ya? I reckon i'm all yours until noon."  The beta always seemed to be working, seven days a week.  He spends as little time as possible at home, dreads having to walk through the door.  Some nights he stays late at the bar, drinking until he's certain Jett has gone to bed.
Back to top Go down
Jett Jones

Jett Jones

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Carter found himself grinning at Ollie again as the boy handed him his phone back. He liked the bold gesture and it would be nice to have someone to call when he had more questions.
The rest of the day passed without incident. Carter was introduced to most of the other pack members and got to know everyone. It wasn't quite as terrifying as it had been the previous night. He could get used to this.
Eventually though, he was still eager to make his way home to Misery. He was excited to show his husband all the progress he had made. It wasn't anything major, really, but he was still proud.
"Honey, I'm home!" He sang out when he entered the front door that evening. He knew there was a chance Misery wouldn't hear him depending on where he was in their huge home, but it was something he always tended to do to let his lover know he was home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changes.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Changes.  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes.
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our site :: Murdock/Braxton :: Carter/Misery-
Jump to: